Mini Event building bridges
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ianto
They had arrived. Of that there was no doubt at all.

Ianto peered around the village square where he'd led the small group (and his wagon) to a halt, busying his hands in helping to set up the wares brought by his companions. Even so, his eyes were never still for long, watching for the Fae, for any instant hostility.

After things were as prepared as they might be, Ianto stood before his wagon and cleared his throat, addressing the populace of the Sidhe Village.

"Friends," he called, trying not to sound too hopeful. "I come to you today on Arduinna's behest, with traders from beyond the barrier. We are all of the same earth now, no matter what may have come before. Please - I invite you to speak with them. To trade with them. To learn what you can, and to give in return. Who knows - you may find a gift for the midnight festival while you're here!" He winked; maybe invoking the joy of the LongHeat tradition would soften them to their visitors.

This Mini Event is open only to Remi, Amalia and Phoebe, as well as any member of the Fae. Diplomacy a-go-go!

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there's a bulletproof bond
Had they been alone, the alchemist would have hissed in a hasty breath to hear not only the word Arduinna sang so cheerfully from Ianto's lips, but to know that this had been her idea. Biting the inside of his lip, Remi looked down, running a hand roughly through his curls and letting his fingertips press against his skull as he did so to try and refocus. But all he could wonder over and over again was why Ianto hadn't told him.

Swallowing hard the alchemist took a step away and smiled a touch shakily at the fae who were arriving. "I can make or create almost anything you can think of. Certainly things worthy of your baskets, but other things too. Inventions to make your lives easier, stars that glow in the night that can hang from your ceiling, things to write with that won't cover your hands in charcoal." The alchemist tried to make his voice sound as vibrant as it was normally want to do, but it suddenly felt as though he was standing in the shade, despite the warm sun raining down upon them.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Jiao
Your clothes never wear as well the next day
And your hair never falls in quite the same way
You never seem to run out of things to say

Jiao hated anything that seemed like pomp and circumstance, but she trusted Ianto enough to be a fun person who was unlikely to make it boring. When she'd heard of the upcoming meeting she'd known she would come, but probably not participate too much. She was fine enough to be (begrudging) friends with the barrier-folk, see them as customers and play-things.

She came and stood at the back of the crowd, floating up just a few inches to help her see. Ianto's wagon seemed to have some pretty things on it, but she tried to focus on his words right now, and the man that spoke after; he was actually kind of pretty. Finally, someone who was worthy of a makeover that wasn't borne of pity. The things she could do with that hair...!

Though she did think his words a little silly. What could a human boy make that would help the Fae? From what she'd seen, they lived awfully simply over in Sanctuary. With a laugh, she yelled over: "We can already write without making a mess, thank you, but I see you can't!" This was accompanied with a gesture at Remi's charcoal-stained fingers and clothes.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Somehow returning to the Sidhe unsettles her, even though she knew it was the plan all along. There are countless small figures forming around the village, insect-winged and almond-eyed, inquisitive and unhappy by turn. Swallowing, the girl begins to unpack her wares, setting out the collection of now-cold pastries, scones and bread, rolls and cakes. Jyoti had fallen asleep in the cart; now she emerges, curious as ever, watching with interest as the humans work. Curious as ever, she is unafraid, singing sleepily as she lights on the baker's shoulder, her starlit presence a comfort the the anxious girl's disquiet mind.

At last they seem prepared as they will be, and Amalia turns to her assembled companions, waiting for them to speak. She too is surprised by the mention of Arduianna, her dark eyes glancing sharply at Ianto as she recalls his earlier reticence on the subject of the Fae. This is not the time for questions, however, and she watches as Remi announces next, his boyish voice a cheerful sound, reassuring in this slightly hostile place. Standing beside him, she reaches out to gently brush his hand, both comforting and seeking comfort before her fingers return to their place on her staff. Her knuckles are white as she grips it for comfort, the soft red glow of the luxere antlers not quiet enough to settle her mind- especially when a Fae speaks out, jeering and mocking the alchemist's offerings and setting the baker's teeth on edge.

Why can't they try? Licking her lips, Amalia speaks up, her alto voice slightly shaky as she addresses the crowd. "I... My name is Amalia, and I am a baker. I was raised in the Hollowed Grounds, and, ah... I brought bread. And other baked goods." Oh, this is going marvelously. Swallowing, Amalia smiles self-deprecatingly, wishing she could vanish back into the ground. Half because of a note of protest, and half because she is hopeful it will keep them from being killed, the girl then points to the starwhale and adds: "And, ah, this is Jyoti." A large part of her is terrified Delah will appear at any moment and hasten her away - or worse, throw her back in the pit.

Jyoti will make an excellent shield, should that inevitability come to pass.
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
This was the part Phoebe had been most nervous about. When coupled with having seen the ghost rabbit that brought up hard emotions she felt very on edge. 'Frey give me strength to do well, help me charm these people so we might live peacefully.' she said softly under her breath, a quiet prayer to the deity that had helped her so to steady herself. She could do this. She could do this.

Remi went first, being met with jeers. She glanced at him sympathetically before looking at Amalia and Jyoti who went next. Certainly they would be amazed as she was at the star whale! That left her. Phoebe stepped up and smiled brightly, almost flipping a switch in her mind to go into work mode. She was bright, warm, effervescent and soothing all at once. "My name is Phoebe, I am a midwife and prepare healing teas and tonics for many ailments for both men and women, some pertaining to fertility, others to overall health." she said, her voice carrying a confidence she certainly didn't feel.
Phoebe
In a gentle way, you can shake the world
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Instead of being put-off by Jiao's jeering, the alchemist only laughed and nodded in humble agreement. Fanning out his fingertips to demonstrate the charcoal and ink staining his skin, he grinned. "No, you are quite right about that! And though I am sure you do have your own ways of writing, surely there is no harm in having more? Pens wear out and break and are misplaced. I did not mean to imply that I was offering anything new. Although I can make almost anything you can imagine. Is there anything else that you might like?"

He asked, smiling across at Amalia and Phoebe, his gaze decidedly passing over Ianto for the time being.

cinnamon whiskey, boy don't kiss me soft and slow

Coding base by Sky!
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
if you throw me to the wolves
From the midst of the crowd, Delah watched and listened. Jiao's playful rebuke of the human's offering made her smile to herself even as she made her way through the bodies come to lurk and linger and judge.

To Remi, she flashed a flint-coloured gaze, her jaw set. "We have Arduinna for our needs. And of course Ianto, here." The smile she sent towards the fox was like night and day, her features briefly soft and beautiful, before hardening again as she looked back to the alchemist.

As for Amalia, the warchief only shrugged. "Food is...welcome. Though we have no shortage of crops here. We do not live in a place of barren death as you do. If anything, you might learn something from us that helps your craft." Her tone is...stable, if not more polite in dealing with the baker. She of them all is the most welcome here, if only because of the astral-calf floating at her side.

To Phoebe next, the warchief only sneers. "Many of our kind possess healing magic. Your potions are not needed. Do you even know how the fae are born, midwife? Do we seem at all like you? We who have lived here for thousands of years, and you come here as if we are suddenly in need of you to help with our births?"

Looking towards Ianto, her head tilting to the side, Delah crossed her arms and issued a gentle snort. "What is this Ianto? Why have you brought this ragtag group here? We have no use of their parlour tricks."
i'll come back leading the pack

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe went stock still as a formidable Fae woman (which really was saying something since she towered over all the Fae) stepped forward and snapped at her. She was clearly taken aback, eyes wide, lips slightly parted. ’Oh Frey give me strength…’ she repeated in her mind, swallowing a lump in her throat. She would not cry. She would be strong. The blonde let out a low, slow breath to calm herself, willing a warm smile to her face as she looked upon Delah, despite her inner turmoil.

”My apologies, I didn’t mean to offend.” she said calmly, but her tone rang with sincerity. ”I do not know how you are born, nor do I presume to know more than you and your healers. I’ve only mentioned what I’ve to offer to trade, and my credentials, but I would cherish the opportunity to speak to your healers and learn from them. I am certain there is much we could share and learn from each other.” she said, hoping to keep some semblance of peace between them.

Phoebe fell silent when the woman addressed Ianto though, feeling that perhaps she was inadequate in this setting.
Phoebe
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Delah shows up, dashing any hope the baker had of civility being preserved. Amalia resists the urge to flee, to slip away from the warchief's piercing gaze and stinging words, suddenly certain this was a terrible idea. They are going to be sent away again, or worse, captured. Surely Jyoti will not protect them again, the starwhale's blessing only extending so far. Surely she has squandered any remnants of good will. Amalia's breathing grows shallow and rapid, anxiety rather than oxygen filling up her lungs. She has made mistake after mistake, taken chance after chance: surely it will catch up with her here, every miscalculation leading to one miserable sum-

Then Jyoti emits a beam of starlight, and Amalia begins to calm.

She watches in silence as Delah turns to Ianto and smiles, not the predatory thing the girl has seen before, but a true smile, welcoming and glad. This is enough to give her pause, make her wonder if perhaps there is a chance. Then the moss-green eyes are on her, and the baker meets them evenly, waiting for spite to rise. Instead, the warchief is... civil? Amalia blinks before dropping her head, grateful and bewildered, a flush rising to her cheeks. "I would like to learn from you," she says, a little bit of sardonic amusement finding its way into her tone. How many times had she asked already, begged Delah to show her their ways? But bygones are bygones: the small leader is being civil, and so too shall she be.

Phoebe is met with nothing but venom, and Amalia winces at the lacerating words, though she can see some reason in what Delah says. The midwife, in turn, responds with grace, her request for information a reasonable one. Turning back to the gathered Fae, Amalia swallows hard. "We... I know we don't have much to offer. This place is older than us, and more beautiful, and magical: you know things we can only imagine. We have been isolated for a long time, and we have so much to learn, but... but if you would teach us, we would try to give back what we can, as little as it is."
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Ianto
Well wasn't this going swimmingly? Granted, in reality it was going exactly as Ianto had thought it would, and that was why he hadn't spoken up as of yet. He did let his eyes linger briefly on Remi, wondering what exactly he had done to stir things between them, but then Delah's voice rang out and he met her gaze obediently, offering a golden grin and a lazy salute. Clearing his throat and straightening up, he held out his hands in a placating gesture.

"Delah, let me assure you before all gathered here, the aim is absolutely not to insult you. We are all of us children of Caido, whether born here or brought here, no? I understand the suspicion, the feeling that outsiders are encroaching upon the village. Was it not the same when I first arrived?" He tilted his head, inviting her to remember as much.

"But that does not mean there isn't value to be had here. What might the Fae learn from a people who have been trapped, godless and blind to the world outside, but have nonetheless thrived? And what might they learn from you - reverent, knowledgable and at ease with the forest? By working together, the Greatwood might thrive back into the barrier, and balance might be restored."

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Jiao
Your clothes never wear as well the next day
And your hair never falls in quite the same way
You never seem to run out of things to say

Remi's response was...sweet, but not very impressive. None of these humans seemed to consider that they were the stupid ones here, something that was painfully obvious to Jiao. For once she found herself agreeing with Delah.

She didn't say anything else, but kept her arms folded and a quiet, judging expression on her face. Ianto had to be playing some kind of angle. He had to know this wouldn't work, surely.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
there's a bulletproof bond
For his part, Remi remains silent. Politics have never been his forte (nor really much of anything, given his previous status as a commoner), and so despite the tensions, the alchemist can offer little to alleviate them. All he can do is move to stand closer to both Amalia and Phoebe, to lend his presence as a friend to them, in hopes that they would soundlessly know that they are not alone in this strange situation.

Perhaps stupidily, though unable to help himself, Remi lifts his head slightly. "We come because Arduinna has asked it." He says, back tensing as the alchemist resists the urge to shoot a wounded look towards Ianto. "In a way, we are now part of what she provides to you, I suppose. "
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
if you throw me to the wolves
"Your ignorance isn't offensive, it's just annoying." Delah retorted with a voice like polished stone as she looked Phoebe over. "And I care little about what you would cherish. By the look of you, you have lived little more than an eyeblink. In all our centuries, I doubt that there is much you could teach us." Turning back to Amalia, she and the baker having already gone through this song and dance, Delah merely licked her tongue over her teeth and stared up at the taller girl.

"You know as well as I do your arrival within our woods was...different." Delah said, glancing towards the fox with suddenly sparkling moss-green eyes. The notion of allowing the Greatwood to spread back into the Hollowed Grounds however jolted the warchief slightly, and she tilted her chin upwards. "Every since the barrier has fallen the woods have been...showing signs of a sickness, the likes of which I have never seen before. The timing is surely not coincidental. The barrier falling and you all in our Woods, the trees suddenly growing sick? Wilting? Retreating?"
i'll come back leading the pack

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe held Delah’s gaze – she wasn’t sure how she managed it but she did. Perhaps it was Remi’s closeness, and the defense of Ianto and Amalia helped remind her she was not wholly alone in this. ”I see, my sincerest apologies.” she said quietly, knowing that any attempt to reason with her on this would fall on deaf ears. But her eyes caught sight of another Fae, Jiao and she smiled. Well there was one who didn’t think her useless!

The blond quickly leafed through her wares and pulled out a leather bag that was filled with the sleepytime teas she had made her. Phoebe approached, trying to seem small and reverent (again, hard to do when she towered over everyone) and held the bag out to her. ”Here is that sleepy tea you asked for, Jiao. You can also empty a tea bag into a hot bath and the aroma will help relax you. If it isn’t potent enough, or too potent tell me and I can reformulate it for you.” she told her quietly with a small smile, before rejoining the stall.

That the Greatwood was struggling since the barrier fell…that news concerned her. She furrowed her brow a little, clasping her hands in front of her. She bit her lip, unsure if she should offer what she was thinking, not wishing to offend more. But…perhaps she might have something that could help. ”If I may… the god Frey was inside the barrier with us, and I’ve become friends with them as of late…since fertility and new life is part of their purview, I would be happy to ask them about what is causing the forest to retreat and what can be done to reverse it? Or if you’d prefer I would happy to visit alongside you and we can work together to find the solution? Frey might even be willing to lend their assistance if we’ve something to offer. It certainly couldn’t hurt to seek their counsel?” Since Frey had been inside the barrier, she wasn’t sure how connected the Fae were to them specifically though they clearly preferred the Old Gods. Perhaps that was where they could find some common ground.

”Or you can go without me too I just…was offering to help if I can.” she added quickly, worried she would come off as elitist again.
Phoebe