[SE] Dangling Threads
>> Jigano
Seiji Okura
Musician

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Thank you." With a fond smile, Seiji reaches down to stroke Isuma's head. In response to Jigano's question, though, he looks up again, curiosity sparking in his eyes. Jigano had mentioned something about music, hadn't he? When they first met? That walk through the snow feels years ago now, half a lifetime away. "I... am not sure," Seiji answers honestly. "Woodwind, and..." He raises a hand and mimes something like playing a violin, but cannot quite find the words for it. "Strings. It is very far away, still. I made a flute over Longnight. It was nice to have again." A faint smile, despite the pang any mention of Longnight brings to his nerves. "I would like to hear you play," Seiji adds, thinking it a tragedy he never has. Surely, he has had opportunities. But always so many other things to do. So many things to learn.

His expression becomes more serious as Jigano gives him the warning, and he nods. "I will be careful," he says. "What precautions?" If Jigano has suggestions, he is eager to hear them. He does not wish to be captured, and certainly does not wish to burden anyone with his foolishness.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
He understood exactly what Seiji meant about an instrument to hand making him feel better, and the bard nodded with a gentle smile. "I favor a twin-tailed flute myself," he agreed. "And harp for strings. I used to play mandolin as well, but mine was lost in my transit here, and I have yet to find a decent lutier to make a new one." He tilted his head to the side, considering the other man thoughtfully. "The instrument you mimicked... I can't make one of those, but I can make a harp, given the right materials," he offered. "Perhaps we can find a night to share songs together on our instruments." He said it with a warm smile and quiet pleasure, hoping that there would indeed be time to steal for such pleasantries in the days to come.

Jigano's smile lightened at Seiji's eagerness, and he hummed thoughtfully for a moment. "Well, for one thing, if you're planning to go into the Greatwood, let someone know, so if you go missing they'll know where to start looking." It seemed a small enough, silly enough sort of thing, but with the Fae it was generally a good idea. "For another, stay away from their village, unless Delah or Arduinna invite you there... and, actually, even then be wary about going alone," Jigano cautioned him. "They'll probably just throw you in their pit. They might let people out if they share their memories with the Tulmhainar but... with your memories gone..." Jigano shrugged a little helplessly. "I don't know. At least until you get used to how travel in the Woods works and perhaps make some allies among the Fae, it might be best to go with a friend." He paused, his smile quirking wryly. "Keeping in mind that though the Greatwood is new to us, it is a well-known home to the Fae. If you're going to go traipsing through a stranger's living room, it's best to be either very sneaky, or a very fast talker."
Seiji Okura
Musician

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jigano’s suggestion is far more welcome than perhaps the bard could have guessed. Beaming, Seiji nods. “Yes! I would like that very much.” He does not recognize the names Jigano lists, but the idea of a night spent in music, talking trade, warm and comfortable, is almost too much to bear. How dearly he yearns for the sensation of belonging once more, though he remembers so very little of his past life. Only: he was happy there. He had not wished to leave.

He takes in Jigano’s advice with the same eager cheer, happy to think of doing something. Of perhaps adventuring with compatriots. “I will be careful,” Seiji assures him. “Please tell me if you or others are going there. I would like to help.” Until then… He sighs, happily enough. “Thank you, Jigano. You are always so kind to me. I would like to… repay that. Even a little.” Even if it is not necessary. “I should go and tell Kiada,” Seiji adds absently. He has gone too long without speaking to her, anyway.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
"Well then... shall we say next week, after dinner?" he offered for their musical interlude. "We can do it here in the Guildhall, if you'd like. It's usually quiet here in the evenings, after the dayshift goes home and before Sam comes by." His Ascended friend was far too brave in the face of the sun for Jigano's comfort, even as he couldn't help but be proud of the man for facing his fears and overcoming his weaknesses.

"I will, though... since we know now that the Fae don't want us there, we don't go as often. At least, we try not to go without reason," he added with a wry smile. "Even if they are not always the best reasons, admittedly." He had been lucky so far, but even the bard knew that luck wouldn't last forever, and he couldn't forget the anger in Delah's eyes when Arduinna had brought them to the Village. Caution would have to be applied at some point... especially if he didn't want any more of his friends and guildmates to be captured!

"You are a friend, Seiji," the bard said gently, but there was a grateful warmth in his eyes at the compliment. "And now, a colleague as well. I am glad to help. Repay me with music when we meet next week, yes?" he suggested with a grin. "And give Kiada my regards. She may be able to tell you more about the Fae, as well, if you're curious. She spent time in their Village as well." As a captured prisoner, but for the sake of the young woman's pride he didn't say it that way.