Blinded by the light
Open!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

The world was dark, dappled in sunlight. The woods smelled fresh and inviting, but all Remi could taste was blood and tears and ruin. The shock had warn off, metaphorically and physically, and now every twitch of his eyebrow and flare of his nostrils sent a ricochet of pain throbbing through the thin skin of his face. Arduinna's claws had made neat work of his boyish features, entirely gauging one eye and making a bloody mess of the rest of his face. Even when his eyelashes parted from beneath a thick gum of dried blood, Remi saw nothing.

He saw nothing, but he felt everything.

The need to cry was great, but tears burned like acid. Even letting his lips form a whimper ached. "Please—" Remi moaned to no one in particular. On his hands and knees he'd crawled to the base of a tree and leaned up against it. Conjuring a bandage he wrapped it around his forehead and eyes, not knowing how or what he ought to do, but knowing only that he should try to staunch the bleeding.

Isla He called through their bond, knowing that she was too far away to hear him but needing to try just the same.

remi
Too long till I drown in your hands
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I haven't been falling all this time - I've been flying
Zariah was restless. Sleep would not come and so she wandered, silent and at home amongst the shadows the Greatwood was no stranger to her during these wanderings. It always spit her out back where she started, so why not? Besides she was more equipped to handle herself than most. But this night, this walk, was different. Her head perked up upon hearing moaning. That was new. Intrigued, she followed the sound to see what was clearly injured.

Lo, and behold none other than Loren's play thing.

As if he were not greviously injured, she walked up with nonchalance, hands shoved in her pocket. She just stared for a moment before kneeling down near him. "It's Zariah Launceleyn. My, my, whatever happened to you dear thing?" she near crooned, reaching out to run her hand over his curls. This was not the same cold woman from the labyrinth. This was the caring mother, the soft matriarch with love in her heart. A deception? Only in part. "Come on now, you must stand, Remi. I will help you." she said, positioning herself so he might lean against her smaller frame.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
She wants the silence but fears the solitude
She wants to be alone and together with you
Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow
Amalia finds him by the scent of blood.

Delayed on the way home, she fell apart from Remi and Ianto, into her own world. The pair seemed close, talkative, friendly, and the baker cannot help the way she is endlessly out of place. Even Phoebe belonged among them, Outlander as she is.

For once her anxiety is a fortunate thing, for it causes them to fall behind. Leopard-skinned with Jyoti at her side, the feline thinks the trek shall be uneventful. She does not expect the smell of blood, iron-tinged and acrid in the air; she does not expect the whale to startle, crying out a terrible sound. Amalia is cautious, but she is brave: and so she sets off at a lope, following the trail of Jyoti's starlight, the stench of fallen blood.

She does not have far to go. There is Remi: good Remi, sweet Remi, coated in blood, fallen to the ground, but not alone. Beside him stands a woman, vaguely familiar but not quite. She has seen her before, the leopardess knows, on some other day that does not matter now. Remi! Amalia calls through her mind, mildly panicked, terribly afraid, her thoughts consumed by the broken man. It is only Jyoti's starlight which calms her, levels her head enough to approach on hurried feet with extended nose, investigating the man. She does not trust this dark woman; her ears flatten as she glances at her, before turning back to her friend. What happened? Where is Ianto?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

If it was true that when you lost one sense your others heightened, it hadn't happened yet to Remi. The sound of Zariah's voice made Remi nearly jump out of his skin, half-rising against the trunk of the tree and then immediately crashing back down with his hands over the bandages covering his eyes. Breathing laboured, one of Remi's hands rose slightly as if expecting to suddenly feel her there. But it was she who touched him—her hands in his curls made him pull away slightly like a wounded animal, though quickly he stilled.

Remi! The alchemist turned his head slightly. Beneath the bandages his eyes painfully tried to flutter open and sharply Remi hissed in a painful breath. "Amalia—" He whispered through dry and cracked lips, before turning his face back towards Zariah (mostly). 'Arduinna." Remi answered, his lips cracking and opening new wounds that bled down his chin.

He...I ... gone I think. I could not see— Remi thought towards Amalia. Through the bond, open as Remi always was, the leopard would be able to feel his terror, his pain, and the grief that came with being wounded so and then left.

As Zariah instructed he stand, for a moment Remi paused. The outstretched hand clenched slightly, before his entire body relaxed and he nodded. "Alright." He agreed, hands tentatively reaching out for her shoulders or arms to try and brace himself against to stand.

remi
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah did not flinch or feel wounded as Remi reacted against her. Clearly, he could not see, it was only to be expected. And she was well versed in dealing with such reactions. One did not grow in a family that perpetuated torture and mind control without knowing how to use trauma to one's advantage. Her hand moved down his curls to rest against his shoulder, her position clear through touch, rather than sight. Arduinna. Zariah let the name roll around her mind as she glanced towards the leopardess that Remi had called Amalia. Of course someone else would show up to complicate things.

"Amalia, run ahead and get a healer for Remi. I can protect him on our way out back to the settlement." Zariah said, a hint of command in her tone as she slowly rose alongside Remi, pressing her side against his to steady him. There were many reasons not to trust the Launceleyn family head, if she was well known, but for now, she was nothing more than a helping hand.

Her attention turned back to the alchemist. "You are such a sweet young man, Remi, whatever could you have done to anger this Arduinna so?" she whispered sweetly in Remi's ear as she supported him, moving forward slowly.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
Amalia presses her face against him, ears flattening further as he speaks the wild Fae's name. Why? she asks, not expecting an answer: this is not the time. The fear and pain that pulses from him is enough to nauseate the girl, make her ache with empathy, though beneath it lurks a rage. We will find him, she promises reassuringly, though she cannot say that she knows how. It is a problem for the future, another fight for another time. For now, she has to get him safe, and avoid future danger.

Which is what she senses in the woman, despite her apparently dulcet tones. The leopardess' fur rises slightly at the suggestion she should leave, though there is certainly merit in the suggestion, a logic to finding healing hands. Something about the stranger stays her, however, makes her hesitate to depart. There is half a memory which gnaws upon her mind, a place where she has seen the dark-haired stranger, offset by fire and discontent.

She is not an Attuned, so Amalia cannot speak to her, not in this form. And Amalia is too weak to speak silently to Remi as a mortal, so she stays the leopardess by his side, offering herself as warmth and support, a promise pulsing through their mental bond. Should I find Isla, or stay with you? She will do what he says, and nothing else: the alchemist seems to know the woman, and if he trusts her then Amalia will leave despite her own reluctance.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Through the bond that Remi can open whether shifted or no, he sends a wave of panicked reassurance towards Amalia. Worry for Ianto, the incredible pain of his injuries, and the fluttery uncertainty of not being able to see all broil together creating something humid and sickly in his mind.

Letting his hands roam through Amalia's fur as he struggles to stand, he stops for a moment, placing his fingers against his forehead to still the dizzying and rising ache. "N—nn—o" He said after taking a breath, shaking his head. "There is no point...Isla....Isla can heal me once we are back at the guild.." Please stay.. Remi pleaded mentally to Amalia.

Swallowing, the alchemist tried to find his feet and following along. say]"Arduinna ...she...when Ianto first arrived, he was outside the barrier. She helped him survive and in return her is .... bonded to her. I only meant to take the collar off...I was not trying to break the arrangement, I just..." Too wreathed in pain, Remi could only shake his head. Though for Amalia, she would be able to feel his turmoil and see more of the story. How he'd just tried to remove the collar, how he had just wanted his friend to feel free, even if he wasn't.

remi
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Remi did not send the cat away, and briefly Zariah was mildly irritated. Whatever she had been planning could wait, and for now she could simply gather information. That could be as useful as anything after all. And so as she helped him trudge forward along the path, following the snow leopard, she listened in silence, letting his words mull about her brain. He was clearly distraught, his feelings obviously running deeply for Ianto. And Arduinna was an interesting conundrum, one she would think on for some time.

”You just jumped into a pool, not knowing its depth or its current.” Zariah said softly, squeezing his shoulder in a comforting manner. ”As one does for those we care about.” She did not chastise him. She did not mock him. She empathized with him seemingly. Was it sincere? Was it part of a ploy? Too hard to tell when one was as expressionless as the Launceleyn family head.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
Please stay- and so she does, without a question or complaint. Padding softly at Remi's side, the snow leopard is a silent shadow, her watchful gaze on the forest around them as she seeks to provide both comfort and defense. Empathy and reassurance roll off her like waves, surging through the mental bond which connects the Attuned. She is grateful for Zariah, whose presence means the girl can stay a leopard, leave that channel open and safe. But she still feels uneasy, thinking on the strange woman.

She knows a little of Ianto's story from the fox himself, remembers the collar around his neck, the way he cautioned her. The woman's reply is surprisingly level; Amalia sends a pulse of agreement, looking up upon the pair. Ianto knows the woods. He has the love of the Fae. He will be... safe. Or as well as one can be, when they are beholden to an ancient and fickle forest sprite. Shivering, the leopardess shakes her head, eager to escape the chastising woods, to get Remi back to Isla and healing care.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"I....yes. I suppose I did." Remi said to Zariah, biting his lip. I asked Ianto if I could...did he know? That was the real question.

She...he kneeled immediately when she arrived and she took him away. If I was blinded for trying to remove it, will she not punish him for allowing it? I did not know. He said...he said it was alright to try.. Remi thought with abandoned hope and sagging shoulders towards Amalia.

"Thank you...both of you. If you did not find me...I am not sure how I would have ever made it out of the woods."

remi
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
It was bothersome, having the leopardess there. It made her work more difficult. She had to pretend to be nothing but helpful, albeit gloomy. Clearly there was some relationship between these two, so she would be hard-pressed to twist Remi's mind to her bidding with her around, and surely whispering in his mind through the odd connection Attuned like them shared. So she stayed quiet mostly, nodding when Remi agreed with her statement. "Do not suppose. You did. Claim your actions." Zariah said, almost in a chiding tone she might use with her children. "There is no shame in doing what you think best and right, so do not shy from it now that you've suffered consequences." Zariah wasn't the sort to worry over someone - it was a rare thing for her to do for those she loved even. Instead, tough love was what she had to give.

"If you are going to rush into things, you need to develop a stronger resolve."

She fell silent then for a time, simply moving them in a forward direction. It was cumbersome and aggravating. She was not physically the strongest person in the world, and Remi was not a particularly small person (no, she didn't think him fat, but he was tall and muscular). Zariah raised a brow at him when he thanked them both, the only change in her usual blank wide-eyed stare. "You wouldn't have. You would had suffered and died more than likely." Zariah said, looking back towards the path. "But your sentiment is appreciated, and you're welcome."