Hatchling
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Phoebe fell silent for a moment, considering quietly. ”Well, Pim is my companion so…Frey said that meant we are connected on a deeper level. He is part of me in a way.” she said with a little nod. That was probably why. Pim’s way of telling her he was hungry was by sending her that sensation through whatever it was that connected them. It might come naturally to the little dragon, but it would definitely take time for her to grow accustomed to.

Pim scarfed up the last bite of meat, his belly a little distended from his meal. The finger placed in front of him was intriguing and he sniffed at it. ”That’s Emmett, Pim.” Phoebe said as the dragon looked back at her. He then eyed Emmett with one wide, pink eye before roaring squeaking at him and nuzzling his head against Emmett’s hand. Phoebe grinned brightly. ”Aw, see? He likes you.”
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Companion, huh? Hm." Once again Emmett felt a pang of jealously towards a baby dragon, eve though he knew it was stupid. He so often found it hard to know what Phoebe was feeling and thinking...if she had a companion that could always know, always help...would she grow frustrated with his emotional guessing?

Still, he smiled as he was introduced to the dragon and scritched his scales. "Hey, Pim. Y'gonna look after Phoebe good, yeah? When I'm not about t'do it?"
Emmett
You think that luck has left you there
But maybe there's nothing
Up in the sky but air
And there's no mystical design
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Her brow furrowed a bit as she looked over at Emmett. He was being awfully quiet and 'hmmm'ing a lot...it made her worried that he was upset. "Is everything okay?" she asked, placing a hand over one of his. "Did I say something to upset you?"

Pim had already been leaning into Emmett's scritches, turning his head this way and that to get them to the best spots. But when Phoebe's mood shifted to one of concern, so did Pim's. He trilled, looking between the two with his wide pink eyes before scurrying up onto Emmett's lap, snuggling up close to his tummy. At his question, Pim just stared for a moment before trilling happily, rubbing his head and horns against his shirt.

Phoebe smiled again and kissed Emmett's cheek. "He is a baby so I suppose snuggles are more important than fighting."
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"What? No, no. I'm just tired is all, and what d'ya say when y'see a baby dragon for the first time?" Emmett smiled and kissed the side of Phoebe's mouth, trying to wash his lingering thoughts of inadequacy away for now. It wasn't fair of him to ruin this memory for her.

He smiled and held Pim close as the dragon came up to him, rocking a little. "So where's he gonna sleep? With us?" With this not so subtle hint, he looked up towards Phoebe's bedroom.
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe smiled when Emmett assured her he was just tired. He did work a lot, and put all his effort into it too. "Alright, good." she said, glad to put that aside. "Are Chris and Milly spending the night with a neighbor again?" she asked. He didn't usually visit this time of day unless his siblings were with someone else.

Pim was making himself quite comfy, the little hatchling falling asleep quickly. He was full and tired from the work of breaking out of his egg after all! Phoebe blinked when Emmett glanced up towards her room, feeling her stomach do a little flip. "I figured when you're not here he might. But I made him a little bed for when you are because I didn't thibk you'd like that." she said with a little smile. Carefully she picked up Pim, cradling him in her arms and carrying him to a basket filled with soft blankets. Once the little dragon was all snuggled in, she turned back to Emmett. "Did...you want to go upstairs? she asked coyly, swaying her hips a little.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
"Yeah, they're over at the sheep farm with Martha 'n' her kids. It's nice...I like leavin' 'em there, cos they get to play with other kids and there's a mum, and...y'know. Maybe it feels normal for them." Emmett wished he had a place he could go to to forget Longnight, but no matter where he was the scars on his stomach and the fact that he was not working on his parents farm followed him.

He wouldn't have really minded if Pim had come up to sleep with them for the first night, but Phoebe seemed to have a system, so he stayed quiet. This was her thing, and he didn't want to interrupt it.

At first he was a little bemused by her question, thinking the answer rather obvious, but then he saw the sway of her hips, the nervous smile. He grinned and walked forward, letting his hands slowly float down her sides and rest on her waist, leaned in to kiss her. It was a sweet, lingering kiss, a little teasing in the way he licked her lips just once then took his tongue away and leaned back.

"Well, I think I'd sure like to."
Emmett
Up in the sky but air
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe smiled and nodded when Emmett confirmed where the kids were. "Martha is really sweet for having them over so much." she said. It warmed her heart to know that there were others out there that were helping and supporting Emmett. What he was doing was difficult, and that he had so many kind neighbors was a comfort to her worries.

But she was quickly distracted by other things.

Her hands naturally rose to rest on his shoulders, her heart skipping a beat at his sweet but teasing kiss. Eyes still closed her head seemed to follow him as he pulled away of its own accord, wanting more than he had granted her. "Well, I think I'd sure like to." His actions coupled with his words made her heart race, cheeks flushing ever so slightly as her eyes fluttered open. This wasn't like Long Night, when they had come together unexpectedly, nor like the time after visiting Frey, when the god's influence was still clouding their minds. This was intentional, and it made her nervous in the best of ways. "Then let's go." she said with a small smile, hands running down his arms to take his hands. She walked backwards for a moment, consciously emphasizing the sway of her hips with each step, but dropped one hand so she could lead him up the stairs to the single room that served as her personal living space.
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
"Yeah. Yeah, she is." Emmett agreed. It was one of the few positive things that had come from the last few months, being able to see his local community come together to help him. One neighbour looking after the kids, another lending him tools, another helping with the harvest; he still did a large portion of the work alone and was always busy, but the burden was being held up with more than just his hands.

He let Phoebe lead him upstairs, smiling lop-sidedly at the way she started off backwards then had to go forward, finding everything about her cute in the moment. She was really wonderful, he thought.
Emmett
Up in the sky but air