A new normal
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
now there's a space too wide
Although Isla was in the alchemist's workshop, Remi was still stumbling around. You have to learn to do this on your own, she said gently as he banged his thigh quite hard against a table and hissed out a garbled curse of frustration. "You always said we should spend more time working together." Remi grumbled unhappily, hands gently feeling for the corner of the table so that he could slip easily around it.

Taking a few steps and looking properly confident, Remi turned (directly into a shelf) causing a number of items to fall off in a noisy clatter. Instead of cursing, the alchemist merely sighed and knelt down, hands tapping their way across the surface of the items as he tried to not only figure out what they were, but place them back on the shelf.
that's left us with wondering eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Originally, Caiside had gone to the bazaar just to look around, browse and see the caliber of wares being displayed. If he wasn’t already so tied up with other things, he would consider offering some of his time to the guild that hosted it, but as it was it simply wasn’t possible.

It was simple luck that he passed by the guildhall just a crash sounded from within, muted by the walls and the chatter of those around. After a moment spent looking around tonsee if anyone else would step in, Caiside sighed, and entered the building, finding his way to the workshop the crash had come from easily, led by the continued sounds of fumbling.

Pausing in the doorway to try and work out what was he was looking at, Caiside eventually shrugged. ”It’s... Remi, right?” He didn’t need to ask to be sure, but couldn’t remember if they had ever been formally infroduced. ”Would you like a hand? You seem to be struggling.” It was a genuine offer, as much as he didn’t want to, Caiside couldn’t sit by and watch someone else struggle when he could help.

Caiside
Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away
Where innocence is burned in flames
A million miles from home, I'm walking ahead
I'm frozen to the bones, I am...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
At the sound of a voice, Remi tilted his head up looking like a dog focusing on a noise. Clasping the shelf more to orient himself than to help him stand, shakily Remi got to his feet. Looking (quite literally) blindly towards the door.

"Caiside?" He asked, having never heard the man speak out loud as far as he could remember. Everyone's mental voice sounded a bit different than their speaking one, as it was largely coloured with emotions. "Ahh...yes actually, that would be quite helpful." Remi chuckled, running a hand through his curls.

Standing stock-still until Caiside neared, Remi glanced over his shoulder improperly placing him in the space. The elk would be able to see, if he had any experience with injuries at all, that the alchemist was quite blind now. Although his eyes had always been a rather light green, now they were almost opalescent in their milkiness.

Coding base by Sky!
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

It was already incredibly clear that something was wrong with the alchemist, a sympathizer wince spreading across Caisides face as he watched the other man rise to his feet. ”Yes, Caiside.” He corrected Remi’s pronunciation somewhat, if he was going to help it was the least he would as for in return.

”It’s lucky for you I was walking by when I was.” Caisides voice was chipper as he approached, a stark contrast to his actual face. The milky stare that turned back made Caiside jump a little bit; he had been expecting... anything but that. Well, at least he knew what had happened now. Once he was close enough, he reached out to put a hand on the other mans shoulder, staying silent so Remi could take the chance to map out his new position in his mind.

The urge to ask what had happened burned in Caiside, but what left his mouth instead was: ”So everything back on the shelf, right?” His oornid curiosity could be sated after he had done what he said he was going to.

Caiside
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Caiside? Remi tried again, though whether it was his accent or merely a dialectically block in his mind, it still didn't sound quite right.

"Mmm, indeed." The alchemist agreed with a boyish laugh. The sudden feeling of a hand on his shoulder made him flinch ever so slightly. In a world that was eternally dark, it was never easy to predict when someone was going to touch him. Even so, Remi softened immediately, and he nodded his silent appreciation.

"Yes...In any order you like, really. I suppose it does not matter until I figure out a new system." Shrugging, the alchemist began to awkwardly fit things back on the shelf. Littered on the ground around him were papers, bottles of ink, a few glowing stars, a long staff, and a few other random baubles.

Coding base by Sky!
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside couldn’t help but roll his eyes as the alchemist tried and failed again to say his name. He immediately blinked, and pushed a smile back across his lips, before pausing, remembering he didn’t have to. ”That’s closer.” His voice was encouraging, it was the effort that mattered, even if it didn’t feel like much.

The flinch that ran through Remi when his shoulder was touched made Caiside pause, waiting a moment to give the other man a chance to pull away. When he didn’t, and nodded instead, Caiside squeezed, trying to come off as friendly, and turned them so they were both facing the shelf. Imagining himself in the other mans shoes was a dizzying, terrifying experience, and so he would do what he could to alleviate some of the hardships.

”I think having the more breakeable things closer to the floor sounds like a good start to a system.” Caiside teased gently, gathering up the bottles of ink and organizing them on a lower shelf. His eyes were immediately drawn to the other things scattered around the ground. ”Where did you get all these things? The stars, and,” he knocked the staff so it made a solid sound, “staff?”

Caiside
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Without being able to see the expression on Caiside's face, the alchemist was forced to accept his words at face value. Or ear-value, as it was now. Nodding gently and smiling, Remi tried to repeat the name over and over in his mind as the elk had said it, trying to commit it to memory but likely failing.

Chuckling in agreement, Remi nodded with an eager and sunny grin. "A very good point." He agreed with an earnest smile. Tilting his head as Caiside spoke, Remi's smile turned a touch crooked. "Back where I came from I used to make those stars as a way to trade...they glow in the dark. I used to love looking at the stars, and so I made some I could put on my ceiling. The staff though.." Now his smile faded away all together. 'I made it. In a moment of haste when we were fighting the Spire Demon.." Trailing off and growing quite pale, the alchemist swallowed, shivering slightly. "It shoots fire, which at the time seemed so helpful." He added with a shallow sigh. "Not helpful enough to keep Ronin alive...but enough to kill the beast."

Coding base by Sky!
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside tossed one of the glowing stars in the air and caught it again deftly, looking at it with a new interest. ”You made your own kind of currency...” What a strange necessity, and yet... well, he had to admit they were very pretty. The stars were stacked neatly on one of the shelves, though Caiside did consider pocketing one. Stealing from the blind felt wrong, and the was a witness. He glanced back at Isla, smiling lightly before returning to the task at hand.

And to the staff. Mostly to the staff, if he was being honest. Caiside picked it up, turning it this way and that so he could examine it. ”It served its purpose well then, I would say.” His hand found a place on Remi’s shoulder again, comfort coming far more naturally to Caiside when he didn’t have to worry about the expression on his face. ”If it’s presence causes so much...” He looked over the young man, trying to settle on a word. ”...melancholy, why don’t you get rid of it? Give it away, or something.”

Caiside
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I...had never thought of my stars as currency, but I suppose in a way.." The alchemist shrugged without much commitment to the idea, preferring to instead think of his stars as gifts rather than tokens. After all, as a commoner Remi really never had any purchasing power anyways. Much of the trading he did, he did so without aim for fair-market value. He was just happy to supply others with what they needed.

If the unicorn had any idea what the once-god was up to, she gave no notice of it and remained simply watching with patience pebble-blue eyes.

"Mmmm." Remi agreed as Caiside's hand reemerged on his shoulder. "I suppose it did." At the notion of giving it away, the alchemist merely shrugged. "I would if anyone wanted it. A blind man probably shouldn't have such a thing, anyhow." Then, with a grin meant mostly to be mischievous, Remi turned his blind stare upwards. "Why, would you like it?"

Coding base by Sky!
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:

Caiside honesly couldn’t tell if word had helped or not, but it was enough for him that Remi moved past it easily. He felt more than saw the shrug the alchemist offered, Causides head tilting in silent agreement before remembering again that the younger man couldn’t see him. ”It does seem like an accident waiting to happen.” He agreed, a gentle tease. When Remi offered it, Caiside stayed silent for a moment, weighing the wood in his hand. ”If you’re offering, I would love to take this actually.”

The blind grin did unnerve Caiside a little bit, as well intentioned as it was. It also reminded him that this was not a fair trade, and he knew well enough to be better. ”I can’t can’t simply accept something like this though.” He pulled his hand away, gesturing uselessly. ”Normally, I could offer my forge work, but I don’t think a man who can make magical staffs has use of my skills.” Caiside hummed,stroking his chin. ”Perhaps... a favour? A reasonable one.” He laughed like it was a good trade, and perhaps it had been once upon a time, but at the moment he wasn’t worth much.

Caiside
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, then it is yours." Remi said with an easy grin and shrug of his shoulders. In his time in Northaven, the alchemist had been officially brought over as a weapons creator. Such things were in his toolbox to make, but never to keep. Never to covet.

"What? Oh no. It is yours, free of charge." Remi said with another boyish shake of his curls. Whether it was simply his generosity or nearly two-decades worth of being a commoner and holding a subservient position in a society that was always willing to take more, Remi seems to not at all want something from Caiside.

Caiside has been given:

Type: Dark
Fire Staff | A black staff that can shoot a beam of fire in a 10ft. radius

Coding base by Sky!