Key Quest stonewall

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Perhaps it was the sickness in the trees. Perhaps it was the long, baking hot days, and the dry soil and the loose stone.

Whatever it might be, at the height of a Longheat afternoon, something rumbled deep within the Drop, as though the earth had gotten up to stretch and to yawn.

And one edge of the steep, sharp bank collapsed, sending a truly impressive slide of stone and earth into the deep, still waters below.

All is quiet, at first.

Until you hear it. Or you think you hear it. Behind the rockslide, or beneath it... or within it...?

You hear cries for help.

Oh no! A rockslide has trapped some poor souls in the Drop!

Welcome to the Key Quest.

You have 48 hours to respond, detailing your character arriving. So that nothing is missed, please include a quick summary at the bottom of your post.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding, but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters - join at your own risk!

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow
Remi had been with Ianto, leisurely taking in the scenery. Well. One of them was taking in the scenery, the other was using tricksy earthen magic to relentlessly torment the fox.

That was when they heard it. The fox had wanted no part of it, and though Remi absolutely didn't blame him when he called up his wagon and opted to remain fixedly within it, it simply wasn't in the alchemist's nature to ignore something like this.

Something like cries for help.

And so, with Isla's aid (both in terms of her eyes and her swiftness), Remi rode towards the drop. Eyes made even more pale by his blindness and with cheeks flushed by adrenaline, the alchemist and the unicorn arrive at the bottom of the Drop. "What do you see?" Remi asked, a hand running down the length of Isla's neck as she surveys the surroundings for the both of them.

A mudslide it looks like. Her dainty tulip-like ears perk forward as she tries to catch the sound within. If there were travellers on the pathway...or even up above, they could have been pulled down and trapped.

Remi and Isla arrived!
there’s a feeling within me, an everglow

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe had been out and about playing with Pim on that Longheat day. Already he had grown too big for her shoulder (easily anyways). Pim was roughly the size of a small herding dog now, happily chasing flinthoppers and other bugs through the tall grass. That was when the earth rumbled. The young midwife gasped and froze, looking around for the source and seeing nothing. Pim snarled and rushed to her side, eyes trained towards the Drop. She followed his gaze, fear rising in her chest. Whatever could it be?

Then she heard the cries.

Immediately she took off, running for the cliffside, Pim right on her heels. She saw the loose rocks that had fallen, trapping people somewhere down by the water. ”Come on, Pim! We have to help!” she said, adrenaline spurring the midwife to action. Then she saw Remi and Isla, and hurried over. ”It’s Phoebe and Pim. We are here to help too. I think people are trapped under the rocks over there.” she said, knowing Remi couldn’t see

Phoebe and Pim have arrived!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
Deimos had once been able to resist calls for help – avaricious and mercenary, defending things, people, places, that were his; firmly capable of detachment, of nonchalance, of complete, utter reticence. No one mattered. He didn’t matter. The world didn’t matter.

Then, he changed.

A massive rumbling ricocheted along the earth, a telltale sign of treachery, of disaster, of ruin. How many times had he been a part of something mountainous and deplorable – the layers of devastation, the demolition, the scaled pinnacles of mayhem and bedlam. Sometimes he’d caused them. Sometimes he’d took part in them. Sometimes he looked at the end results and pondered how much further they’d all have to fall.

The cries for help leapt and clawed at his ears, at his senses. He could’ve easily walked away, committed to achieving nothingness again – letting the world rot and wither, decay and ferment, cluster and fester. But his head raised, listened, to the intonations, to the pleas, and another piece of him took hold, beyond the icy king and his isolated, detached throne, beyond the beast who’d chosen to be secluded and wait for death to come take him.

So he followed – arriving at the site of the rock slide, eyes taking in the scene. Individuals could’ve easily been caught and trapped beneath the boulders, and he loosened an inhale, an exhale, before proceeding on, staring at the others gathered (Remi, bandaged but clearly not incapable with his unicorn), someone named Phoebe and her infant dragon. He had just himself; armed with weaponry, with conviction, with assurance and fortitude, lined in enchantments and invocations. “I am Deimos,” he ushered to them. “I can try to help.”

Deimos has arrived!
the last of a line of lasts
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Between her recent feeding from the Lady and ah, let's call it 'growing up,' shall we? Wessex is feeling stronger during the day than she ever has before. So she rises in the middle of the afternoon now, testing the limits of her strength. The sun feels less dangerous. She's a little faster, more agile.  It's a wonderful feeling. She still takes precautions, however, and goes out fully cloaked, even under the cover of the trees.

The faintest of cries reaches her ears. Others moving.

With a groan, the Ascended turns and moves towards the sounds, reaching the origin last and finding a group already assembled. Remi - blind, as he was at the guildhall, and with a unicorn. Cool. Cool. A girl with a dragon. And Deimos. Interesting assortment. "Wessex is here, too," she says for the alchemist's benefit, surveying the rocks and the water and well, everything.

----------------
Wessex is heeeeere
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You gather, and perhaps it is the forest sensing you that causes what happens next. Or perhaps it is sheer bad (or perhaps good) luck. Either way, as you assemble the world tremors again - above you more rocks start to skitter and tumble down the side of the embankment, threatening to injure or crush you!

Once all is settled, you realise that a small crevasse has opened deep, deep into the belly of the rockslide, allowing you entryway. All that is left now is to step on in and investigate.

Uh oh, you're hit by an aftershock of the rockslide!

Remi is HIT by the falling debris!
Phoebe DODGES the falling debris!
Deimos is HIT by the falling debris!
Wessex DODGES the falling debris!

Describe your injuries however you like.

Post order:

Phoebe
Remi
Wessex
Deimos

You have 48 hours.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

The ground trembles beneath them again, and Phoebe looks up when she hears a loud cracking noise. Brown eyes widening she gasps. ”Look out!!” she shouts, followed by an exaggerated ’Oof!’ sound as she is suddenly thrown back. Pim – who frankly could not have cared less about anyone else there – tackled Phoebe, his whole body throwing itself at her chest. The two fall back beneath more stable rocks, narrowly avoiding the rockslide. Realizing what happened as she sits up the young midwife smiled and patted Pim’s head in thanks.

But their safety is not communal.

”Remi! Isla!” she cried, seeing they were hit and hurrying over to help them up and tend to any wounds. If they or the others aren’t too badly hurt, she will notice Pim investigating a crevice, sniffing around the opening.

Phoebe tends to peoples wounds, but if they aren’t that badly hurt, she follows Pim into the crevice
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla projects the images of those who arrive, all of whom Remi is familiar with. Nodding to Wessex, Deimos, and of course Phoebe, the alchemist is just about to ask if any of those with sight can see a way in, or any information about what has happened, when the cliff-face above suddenly groans unsteadily.

Yeilding to her instincts, Isla darts forward and as she does, Remi is tossed from her back. Thudding to the ground near Deimos, there is little time for the alchemist to scurry out of the way, but even less so without eyes to see with. A ricocheting chunk of rock bounces by, knocking into Remi's shoulder and making the alchemist hiss inwardly with surprise and pain. "Ahh—" He groans, clasping a hand to his now-shredding shirt. Instantly Isla is at his side, inspecting the area—tis but a flesh wound—and nudging him apologetically.

Using the unicorn for balance and environmental-context, Remi rises, his hand fixed to Isla's wither. "Is anyone badly hurt? Phoebe is well trained in medicine, and Isla can heal as well."

Remi falls of Isla and gets hit by a bouncing boulder. Gets up and asks if anyone needs healz.

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Whether it’s because she’s on the fringe of the group and has plenty of time to move away from the aftershocks, or because her speed saves her doesn’t really matter. The cloaked woman is able to avoid the falling debris and when the dust settles, notices they are not all unscathed. “Wessex is fine,” she says, just to make sure someone answers the man’s question. Phoebe wouldn’t have been able to help her anyway. And as the girl is busy with Remi (who has more than enough help with two nurses), Wessex finds Deimos and checks in with him. “You all right?” she asks, offering him a hand if he’s on the ground, but otherwise placing a gentle hand on his shoulder if he’s upright.

This is starting off well.

She looks towards the source of the damage and notices a dark crack in the rock. The dragon and the girl seem to be inclined to head in - and Wessex is too - but to just head in is stupid. “I should probably go first,” the older blonde says loudly, then gestures to her face. “Ascended eyes.”

Which the girl probably didn’t know. But also, let the obvious warrior-types be first and last, for fucks’ sake. It’s just common sense.  

---------------------------------------
Wessex checks in with Deimos to see if he's alright and suggests that she lead the way into the crevasse, instead of Pheobe heading in first.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
Wessex appeared (and he masked a sigh of relief; someone with his own mindset and clarity amidst the rest of them) and it seemed as if they were all assembled: an intriguing team set about a sojourn of crisis and devastation.

And no sooner had they stepped forward, hastening to derive the cause of the screams, to be saviors, confidants, or at the very least, helpful, more debris fell – careening and crashing through the already eroded plain. The tremors were unleashed beneath his feet, perhaps the only warning he received, before rocks crumbled and fumbled down the lane, an embankment losing its disposition and strength. Phoebe’s outcry wasn’t necessary; Deimos would have minded as best he could – aiming to dart out of boulders’ and stones’ paths, but Remi thudded nearby, and out of habit, automatic motions and movements, he maneuvered forward to try and cease some portion of Remi’s collision with the ground. It didn’t matter in the end, because both of them were hit; his eyes not catching the incoming boulder – distracted, deterred.

So it was a shock to his system, to his figure, as the stone bounced and bounded off his right arm, skimming and grazing across it with apparent ease, as if he were nothing, as if he were not its brethren, a monolith, a patchwork of rubble and ruin. A gasp escaped his lungs as he was pushed back into the ground by the force, by the surprise, by the bewilderment, blinking once or twice as a damned inanimate object toppled him. He was already regretting the decision to even come.

Phoebe appeared to be attending Remi, leaving Wessex (of all people) to check in on him. He nodded, flexing his arm back and forth, likely going to be bearing some sort of strain or vivid, ridiculous bruise, but it was still usable, feasible, for whatever would come next. “I am fine,” he muttered (pride injured and marred; a common attribute to this world), but was grateful she’d even bothered to address him; taking her hand and lifting himself off the ground.

But then the rest of the world beckoned: the falling rocks allowing for an opening in the earth, an aperture, an entryway, for whatever upheaval lingered beyond. He listened, then quickly ascertain Wessex’s intentions: she could lead, Ascended eyes glowing and seeing into the darkness, and he could go in the back, leaving the other two, one injured, one clearly inexperienced, within the middle – a protective, pack force. It wasn’t to say either Remi or Phoebe were incapable, he rarely underestimated Remi and knew naught of Phoebe, but the stalwart, valorous ramparts in him leaned toward the wolf-implored strategy. “I can go behind and protect from the back,” he indicated, moving towards the fissure, waiting for everyone to agree, disagree, or simply assemble.

{Deimos is distracted by trying to help Remi when he falls, and gets whacked by a rock flying by, hitting his right arm and sending him onto the ground in surprise. After he gets up, Deimos agrees with Wessex, and attempts to get them in a particular order to go into the opening.}
the last of a line of lasts

Change author:
Whatever the order in which you decide, eventually you get your way into the crevice. Here the going is slow, wet and treacherous; the rocks are slimy, and pools of water cause you to sink up to the knee in places. A stark reminder about where you are, and what lies around you. The stones do not sing down here, but the water is no less dark and deep within the Drop.

Those who listen close might hear it, faintly - the calls of those trapped, waiting and helpless. Perhaps injured. Maybe dead.

And then Remi steps upon something not right. Something slippery, rubbery almost. And oh gods, it moves, coiling around his leg and yanking hard, trying to pull him away into the dark!

Remi is being attacked by a THING. Wessex's Ascended sight means that she will be able to identify it as a very formidable looking tentacle - however, she will not be able to see what it might belong to.

You have 48 hours to respond to try and free/rescue Remi!

Post order:

Phoebe
Remi
Wessex
Deimos

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe would walk wherever she was told, Wessex and Deimos seeming more in there element here than her. Pim stayed by her side, growling at anything and everything, tail flicking side to side. He was agitated. Nervous. He wanted to grab Phoebe's pants and drag her back. But no, down down down they would go, into the dark underground against all his instincts.

He at least had claws to help him grip the ground. Phoebe though had to take careful steps on the wet stone or risk falling. But that was when Remi suddenly was dragged away from infront of her. "Remi!" she shouted, reaching for him. Pim couldn't see much better than Phoebe, but just enough to catch sight of something around Remi's legs. He pounced forward with a snarl, attempting to bite down on it.

Phoebe tries to grab Remi! Pim tries to do a chomp on the thing holding Remi!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Warrior? No of course not. Remi easily yielded to the experience of both Deimos and Wessex, slotting himself between the two with one hand tightly wound into Isla's mane. Not known for their dark vision, Isla was more worried about keeping her equine-senses in check and refrain from panicking, than scouring the ground for signs of tentacles.

As the ground squelched beneath him, Remi slid backwards, arms splaying as he was tugged unceremoniously forward. Feeling hands tugging him backwards, Remi reached out with his mind, seeking and searching for the consciousness of whatever it was now dragging him into the darkness. Let go—we mean you no harm. We are here for those trapped within. He thought towards the darkness, underscoring his words with mental pulses of magic.

Remi uses his beastmaster ability to try and make the thing let him go!

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Into the crevasse they go, one by two by one by one. She goes slowly over the slick, damp stones, listening to water trickling in the distance and the sounds of those supposedly trapped within. In the back of her mind, she wonders if it could be some kind of trap…  but she slogs on, keeping watch for danger. Except she misses it, or it slips in behind her - either way, she doesn’t notice the thing on the ground until there’s a slithering sound and Phoebe yells out Remi!

She lunges towards the man and his would-be captor, able to at least aim herself in the right direction. She could attack it, but there’s no telling what the tentacle is attached to, and this isn’t an advantageous position for them to be in. So Wessex tries to grab for Remi instead - or the tentacle, whatever she can hang on to. The good thing is that if necessary, she can unsheath her talons and try to quickly strike again with violence - but hopefully her speed will be enough.

--------------
Wessex lunges towards Remi and the tentacle and tries to hold him back.