You've Something I Want
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I haven't been falling all this time - I've been flying
Zariah arrived at the Artisan’s Guild, unannounced, unexpected, the slight click of the heel of her boots the only thing indicating her entrance. The hood of her cloak which concealed her identity as she entered was lowered slowly, deliberately. Quietly she scanned the room, face expressionless, despite knowing the person she was seeking could not see her face. Old habits die hard, or so they say. Hazel eyes locked on to her target, sitting at a desk, and for a moment she merely stared before approaching. Was it cruel to walk up to a blind man with only one’s steps to announce their presence? Probably. Did she care? Did she ever?

She stopped next to the desk, watching his unseeing gaze, which surely was swinging around to try and find the source of the clicking noise. Again she was silent, just watching, taking in and memorizing the alchemist in the moment. ”Remi.” she said at length, tone low and velvety. ”It’s Zariah, and I’ve a proposition for you. Might you know a place we can speak privately?” she asked, her request syrupy sweet.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
what have i become?my sweetest friend—everyone know goes away in the end
Hearing the sharp and rhythmic clicking of Zariah's heel was all that brought the alchemist's mind out of his work. He had disassembled...something, and was apparently trying to put it back together again. However as the Launceleyn-head came to a halt, Remi pulled his chin to his chest, unseeing eyes blinking as he tried to catch the sound of whoever, and wherever, the source of the noise was.

Zariah's voice broke the silence causing Remi to flinch, but quickly he softened. "Ah, Zariah. I did not see you come in." He said with a wry smile, turning his face towards the direction of the sound. Frowning curiously at her request, Remi nodded immediately. It wasn't just the societal gulf that had once been between them that made the alchemist so immediately subservient (it was that though, and his personality in general), but also the great show of power Zariah had demonstrated in the labyrinth.

"I have an office in the back." Remi said, rising slowly. Reaching out a hand and placing it against the chair, Remi seemed to be counting something as he turned, fingers lacing across various surfaces. "This way—" He said, somehow finding his way into the corridor and back towards the office he spoke of.
if i could start again, a million miles away, i would keep myself. i would find a way

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
The family head did not joke with Remi, even though his comment about not seeing her was mildly amusing. She was here for business, and that was all she would present for now. With a swish of her cloak she followed the alchemist, the click of her heel keeping time with whatever he was counting – steps she presumed. She remained silent until they were inside the office, and the door secured.

”You are an intriguing character, you know that, Remi?” Zariah said softly, eyeing her fingernails. ”You’ve power. You’ve connections. You’ve talent. And yet, your heart yearns for all which you cannot have.” She was watching him with a hawk-like gaze, reading his unseeing expressions. ”Loren, who was far above you and merely keeping you as a toy. That Sam fellow, who clearly is a bumbling fool. And now, Ianto, held captive by a powerful Fae.” Her head tilted to the side, falling silent again for a few moments. She wanted him to sit with that discomfort, his failures floating about him, unavoidable.

”You’ve a great many admirable traits but your love is beyond your reach, isn’t he? Even in your arms, his duty is first to Arduinna, and then to you, and it hurts, doesn’t it?” she said, a smirk curving her lips. ”But you see, Remi, it doesn’t have to be that way. Nothing really holds Ianto to her other than power. Power that he lacks. Power that you lack. But power that I have at my fingertips.” Once more she fell silent, still watching him with intrigue.

”Tell me, Remi…what would you do to have Ianto freed from Arduinna?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Finding his way into a chair, Remi instinctively tried to keep his eye-line somewhere around where he thought Zariah would be. Why? He had no idea. Perhaps after he was blind long enough he'd give up the habit. For now though, he appeared to be trying to maintain the illusion of a normal sighted conversation.

Tilting his head gently at Zariah's characterization of him, he listened silently. He didn't flinch at the mention of Loren as he might once have done. Those memories were long gone now, snatched away by Ludo. Now, there was only what he had been told, mostly by Ronin and Vervain and Ianto, about how terribly the librarian had treated him. The mention of Sam caught Remi's attention however, his head tilting slightly to the side. But it was mention of Ianto that fully captured his attention, making him sit straighter, swallowing.

Remi's eyelashes fluttered softly as Zariah referred to the fox as his love. She wasn't wrong, he was just surprised at her astuteness. Then again, he'd be even more of a fool than she probably already thought he was, if he'd risked his life for just anyone.

But then, her poignancy—her knife—twisted. Even in your arms, his duty is first to Arduinna, and then to you, and it hurts, doesn’t it? "Yes." He admitted softly, honesty ever-easy for the alchemist, even in the face of such a jealous and greedy sort of pain. Brows furrowing, the alchemist tilted his head in a decidedly avian movement. "You.." He mumbled softly, falling silent at her query, but only for a moment.

"Anything."
if i could start again, a million miles away, i would keep myself. i would find a way

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah smirked, as she watched his face twist with pain. That was what she wanted, she wanted him to sit and squirm and hurt and be ready to take whatever lifeline he was thrown to save himself the discomfort of reality.

”Anything.” Such sweet words.

The family head slowly walked forward with deliberate steps, bending her knees slighting to be exactly eye-level with the alchemist where he said. She lifted a hand to hold his chin between her thumb and forefinger, keeping his unseeing gaze steady upon her so she might bask in this moment for but a few seconds longer. He made this so easy, his heart proffered to her upon a platinum platter. His pain was her power, his love was her plaything, and his life was in her grasp. ”I will kill Arduinna. I will make her suffer as you have suffered, as your dear Ianto has suffered. She will be naught but dust and a memory.” she said, hardly above a whisper. ”And you will have your precious merchant…but for a price.”

”You will serve me and my family. My word will be your law, and you will do exactly as I tell you to do exactly when I tell you to do it regardless of your personal feelings towards the matter. You will take his vasselhood upon your shoulders and bear it for him, and when my use for you is complete, I will free you, and make him yours.” she whispered, her voice like honey, velvety and smooth, making him an offer he could not refuse, just like the orders she sought to give him.

He had said anything after all.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The sudden pressure of her fingers against his unshaven chin made Remi tense slightly, his brows furrowing with uncertainty. Usually such a gesture was meant to focus someone's attention, which Zariah already had. To steady where his gaze might be was futile. Still though, his unseeing eyes were indeed fixed on her.

Remi's lips fell open in a silent O of disbelief as the Launceleyn-head said she would kill Arduinna. "Even if you can just free him from her...she need not die. His freedom is all I want." The alchemist mumbled, his ever-gentle heart tuning his words.

Her price took him aback; Remi leaning back in the chair with a soft expression of confusion and dismay. "Me? Whatever could I do for you?" He asked, ever naive and pliable in the face of one so clearly masterful at manipulation.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah hummed a little laugh, amused with his naiveté. So sweet, so innocent, so easy to corrupt. ”Oh my dear Remi, how painfully little of this world do you understand.” she said, her voice almost a coo as she gently brushed his hair out of his face with a motherly touch. ”The cost of his freedom is her life. Women such as her do not simply give away things they’ve taken. But do not worry over it much, focus on the gain.” she said, voice still gentle.

As he leaned back in his chair, she released him, straightening up. ”A great many things, but none worth listing at this moment. All that matters is that I see value in you, and because of it, you’ve the opportunity to seize what you want.” she said, tilting her head to the side, a smirk curving her lips ever so slightly. She paused, letting him mull on the offer, on her answers, on her solutions – the sorceress engulfed in darkness offering him a light with which to navigate the murky waters of life, morality, and love. ”So Remi, do you accept this offer? Will you be true to your word, and do anything to save Ianto by aligning with the Launceleyn’s in servitude?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Focus on the gain. That was a foreign concept to the alchemist, who was ever altruistic and humble. Biting his lip, Zariah's hands brushing an errant curl from unseeing eyes, he swallowed.

"You will kill Arduinna...and then I will owe you?" Remi considered. "I should let you know I have already made one limitless deal with someone else. Well, not a someone, really. But with Ludo. Whatever you might need my assistance with...if it contradicts something Ludo asks of me, I am not sure I can properly obey."

Furrowing his brows again, Remi ran a hand through his curls and closed his eyes. "I would wear the shackles that you would free Ianto from, but only for a time?"

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
”Ah, backwards. I expect payment upfront Remi. Killing such as Arduinna is no small task, and I should like to be paid before risking mine and my family’s necks confronting her.” she said with a slight smirk. That he already had a limitless deal with someone was unsurprising. He was so willing to give away all he had for others, of course he had already made such bargain. She merely shrugged, knowing he would not see the gesture. ”If you have made such an arrangement with a god, then certainly that stands first.” she said.

”Yes. I’ve very specific tasks in mind. Once they are complete, I shall free you and then free Ianto for you.” she repeated. It was getting a bit old, repeating herself, but she had to stay patient or else she would certainly lose him in her haste. ”Do you accept? Or are you not actually willing to do anything for his freedom? Are you more content with things as they are?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh." Remi mused thoughtfully. He supposed it did make sense that Zariah would have use for him before she could enact her half of the bargain. And her willingness to accept Ludo's bargain as prime eased his mind.

"No, no." The alchemist said instantly, head shaking and eyes landing somewhere near Zariah's collarbones. "I will do as you ask. If you can kill Arduinna and free Ianto...I will help you with whatever it is you require."

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah grinned – truly, gleefully grinned. Such an expression was rare to her features, and it emphasized how beautiful she really was, were her soul not so tainted with darkness. ”I am glad we have a deal. This relationship will certainly prove mutually beneficial. I hope your Ianto sees how much you care within your actions.” she said lovingly. ”I will seal our pact with magic, so you might rest assured that I will hold up my end of the bargain, and so shall you.” she added quickly.

Before he could question or move away, Zariah placed a hand on his chest over his heart. With her lightning magic, she would graze his skin – nothing painful, no more than static electricity really – and additionally work her life drain magic. As she slowly pulled her hand away, energy would drain from his body, following her hand. She didn’t remove enough to do him any real harm, but enough for him to feel its absence. ”Your will is mine, and my word is yours.” she said straightening. Was there really a magical bond at play? No. But illusions of having one’s will taken could be just as effective. ”I will call for you when I need you. Welcome to the family.” she said, still smirking as she pulled her hood up and walked out of the room.

{EXIT ZARIAH}