Personal Quest Lair of the Dragon
Closed PQ
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I haven't been falling all this time - I've been flying
At last, the stars were aligning, and the Launceleyn would rise to the glory and power for which they had been bred for a millennia. All that was left was to ensure their space was ready for their rise.

She had called Edrei, Peter, and Remi to her, and awaited them in the main room of the family home. Peter had fully moved in now, claiming one of the upstairs bedrooms as his own. Edrei had gone to retrieve Remi, who needed a guide to the home. When they arrived, they would find her standing in the large, open space, filled with soft but dark furnishings. She looked as she usually did, dark leggings and tunic, a light black jacket with long tails and wild curls her standard garb. Remi of course would see nothing, but he would hear the familiar click of her heeled boots against the ground as she moved.

”I’ve been working on something and I need your assistance to finish it.” Zariah said when they gathered, heading right to business and skipping pleasantries. She walked over to a large china cabinet, one that had been there since they all moved in. But with a good shove she moved it, revealing a staircase that burrowed down. ”Come.” she said quietly, proceeding down the stairs, expecting them to follow obediently. She lifted a hand and cast some lightning, letting it swirl and play between her fingers and cast an eerie blue light by which to see. The stairwell led to a small corridor, at the end of which was a room, with another corridor on the opposite side. ”This house, all along, was connected to some of the Underground. I sealed off most of the entrances save for this. This room will be where our most sensitive meetings occur. Through that corridor there, is the only other exit, leading out to the far end of the Ruins. An escape should we need it.” She explained. It was dark, cold, and damp – the perfect evil lair.

”Edrei, Peter. You two will work together to fix up this room. It must be sound-proofed, have some means to light it, and a table with chairs. See it done.” she said, turning to Remi. ”Remi, you will come with me. I’ve a specific task for you.” she said, taking his arm to lead him back out and up to the main room. ”I want this cabinet to be the door to hide the entrance, so it will need to be hinged for ease of movement. But more importantly, I want you to ensure that it will only open for those I approve, with some sort of code that must be entered into it. Once you do that to this entrance, I will have you do the same to the other entrance in the Ruins.” she explained.

Launceleyn Fam/Servant PQ!

1. Edrei
2. Remi
3. Peter

Edrei and Peter: Your task is to sound proof the secret meeting room, light it, and get a meeting table and chairs in it.

Remi: Your task is to use magic to make the cabinet a functional door, and give it special properties to only allow those Zariah has approved via a code inside.

No post order! Best of luck!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:

"Come on." Edy said jokingly, a hand slipped around the alchemist's waist as she dragged him towards the domiciles.

Whistling her approval at both Z's show of strength but also the secret entrance to the room downstairs, Edy nodded with a grin. "Alright blind-man, ready for some stairs?" Ready or not, she led him down. Like Zariah, she cast a small ball of fire with which to see, running it past Remi's eyes just in case he was faking. Letting Remi go and instead sidling up to Peter, the Launceleyn girl eyed her new counterpart suspiciously.

"I don't know about you, but I have no fucking idea how to sound proof things." She said, twitching her lips. "But you can make shit right? Maybe add some of that foam shit. I think that's what you're supposed to do, anyway." With a shrug of her boney shoulders, Edy set about moving some chairs from upstairs downstairs. They were a magical group, but Edy still prided herself on her physical strength so she was more than happy to take up this task.

Dragging, cursing, dropping, tripping, and occasionally snapping a few bits of wood in half with her magic, Edy managed to fit a large table and chairs in the great room. Hopping up onto it, Edy gave Pet a suggestive smile, tapping the flat of her hand against the table. "Wanna help break it in?" She purred with a grin.

Edrei
You know I talk too much
Honey, come put your lips on mine and shut me up
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Change author:
MP: 3059
Though Remi did appreciate having Edrei help him to the domiciles, he did very much want to know what he was being ushered there for with such urgency. Of course Edy didn't know, or simply wasn't saying. He had never been on the most solid ground with the youngest of the Launceleyns, and so he simply let the issue slide, let himself be led.

As Zariah led him away, the alchemist listened to her request with one ear cocked towards her. 'So...not a key. But a sequence of numbers?" It really didn't matter what it was. What Zariah was asking was quite simple, actually. Just a few tumblers that could be easily changed and set. "Place my hands on the cabinet—" Remi instructed, waiting for Zariah to comply. Closing his eyes, his hands glowed a soft gold as hinges appeared on the  side of the cabinet, though were recessed in. "And now on the wall where it should connect—" Again waiting for her to move him, he created small spaces in the wall for the hinges to connect and insert themselves into. "It will be fairly hard to notice...but books or a plant could cover it, just to be sure. And given that I have no idea where we are, I suppose you do not have me to worry about." He said with a crooked grin.

"Place my hand on the back of the cabinet, where the numbers should be set." Focusing, Remi created a 5, 0-9 digital dials with various tumblers attached. "This will go all the way through the cabinet, so it should be covered. But whatever you set the internal numbers to will need to be entered in the outside in order for the lock to unhinge and the door will open."

Яemi

& we don't know what we're waiting for & we don't know the truth anymore
& we can't see clearly through the fog so we end up chasing g h o s t s
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
Terrified of what I'd be
As a kid, from what I've seen
Every single day, when people try
And put the pieces back together
Just to smash them down

It was somewhat nerve wracking to have been the first one to arrive before Zariah, even if it was only because he had not had to go gather another. Peter stayed standing at perfect attention while they waited, only relaxing slightly when Edrei and Remi arrived, and the family head could explain why she had gathered them.

Peter was relieved when things went straight to business, his brows lifting in surprise as the secret passage was revealed. He slipped in after Edrei and Remi, following the dim lights before him into the hidden space. Tasks were assigned, Peter nodding to himself as he looked around the space, then freezing as he felt a body slide up beside him. Edreis suspicious gaze was met with a blank stare back, Peter trying to size up the girl before doing anything.

”I’ve um... I’ve actually done this before.” Not alone, but Peter didn’t need to add that part. And it seemed he was about to do it by himself, Edrei disappearing up the stairs. Peter looked around the space, wincing somewhat at the size of it. There was no way he’d be able to create enough to soundproof the room, but with some creative thinking he could get the job done.

Creative thinking meant running around and finding whatever he could, rugs, thick unused blankets, and dragging them back down the stairs, dodging the others as he needed. It didn’t take long, and by the time Edrei was dragging the last piece of furniture down, the walls were almost done. The last layer was simple black drapery, enough to cover the ugly work behind.

Peter had nearly forgotten there was anyone else in the room with him, the noise of the other Launcelyn hopping onto the table surprising him. His brows furrowed, the smile on her face was unfamiliar to him, but he still approached when she patted the table, worried anout making a misstep. His feet stopped suddenly when she spoke though, blue eyes searching her face like he wasn’t certain he’d heard her correctly. ”I don’t think I... I don’t know what you mean.” The blush rising up his cheeks claimed the opposite, but Peter was so out of his depth he didn’t know how else to respond.

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah was generally not one to take well to instructions from someone she considered her inferior. However, given that Remi was blind, and his instruction was in an effort to serve her order, she complied with ease. She would take hold of his wrists to guide his hands where he said, the wall, the cabinet, the back of said cabinet for the dials. When he was through she examined his work, opening and closing the cabinet like a door with much greater ease now, and with a moment's thought, setting the code in the dials. She would take the time later to conceal it all behind inconspicuous ornements.

"Good work. There is one more place you will need to place such a lock, but the door is intact already, thankfully." she said, approving his work. She would take his arm to guide him back down the stairs, surprisingly careful so he could navigate them with some ease. As they entered the hidden room, she saw Edrei on the table and a very nervous Peter. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on if you knew Edrei at all. "Left Hand, I presume you are not playing around when there is still work to be done?" she said lightly, a slight warning. There was still lighting that needed to be worked out in the room.

That was all she said to them, continuing on with Remi to the other corridor. It was a bit longer than the first, but the staircase up wasn't as steep as the one from the house. She let go of Remi's arm just long enough to shove the door open. It was a heavy, iron clad door much like a cellar entrance, leading into the ruins. The very far edge of it to be precise, near where the barrier had once been. She helped the alchemist out. "This is the second door that needs the coded lock. Though this will need to blend in better with the door itself. Its iron on this side." she said.

Edrei and Peter: Time to figure out how the room will be lit when in use!

Remi: Time for lock number 2, but this one needs to be disguised!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"I think you know exactly what I mean." The Launceleyn-girl purred, her dark eyes fixed upon Peter like a predator sizing up a scrumptious meal. Even as Zariah appeared, Edy was not deterred not embarrassed. Instead, she merely flashed Peter a lascivious grin before directing her gaze towards Zariah. "Never. Just making sure I hadn't picked a weak piece of wood." She cooed, fingers scraping down the sides of the table as she hopped off, eyes locked upon Peter and then drifting down his torso.

"Ready to shed some light on all these dark corners?" Edy purred, sashaying around Peter and reaching her hands forward to grasp his shoulders, if he'd allow. If so, she's apply soothing pressure to the muscles there, stepping forward to whisper in his ear. "Why don't you make me a few things I can set ablaze, huh?" She continued to purr, planning on adding flame to whatever it was Peter would create. Sconces and candles, presumably.

Edrei
You know I talk too much
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Though Remi was not disused to physical touch, it did feel strange to be clinging to someone like Zariah Launceleyn. Someone who had previously towered over him in terms of skill as well as social standing. Now to be clutching at her arm as she led him down a long and darkened pathway was not a scenario the alchemist would have ever though he would find himself in.

"The material does not matter." The alchemist explained gently upon hearing Zariah describe the next (final?) door. Transmutation was transmutation. "Does the inside need to be hidden as well, or just the outside?" The alchemist asked uncertainly, stretching his hands forward to feel the hefty weight of the door before him.

"If you are truly worried about...ahh...security, it could be a magical door. Though I could only make two keys just now, but more later. Then it would not be a matter of who has the code, but who had the key. And they needn't be shaped like a key. They could be anything you could imagine, totally mundane objects that would escape scrunity."

Яemi

Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Peter
Terrified of what I'd be
Just to smash them down

Peter had hoped that the appearance of the family matriarch would stop Edrei’s advances, but she seemed anything but deterred. The way her eyes dragged over him brought more heat to his cheeks, his legs not responding when he tried to step back. His sole defence moved on with Remi quickly, Peters brief respite over before he’d even had a chance to take advantage of it.

”Li-Light is... I can.. I can do that.” Peter was trying to answer Edrei at face value, and ignore the innuendo in her voice, hoping that if he did that long enough she might stop. The hands on his shoulder pulled a surprised squeak from him, his whole body stiffening, only to relax a moment later when the touch was gentle. Lips close to his ear finally made him move, Peter ducking out from the hands on him and turning on the ball of his foot to face Edrei. Even he wasn’t sure at this point if he was more embarrassed by her actions, or his own lack of experience.

A fine mirrored candle holder appeared in Peters hands as he tried to consider his next words, not wanting to offend the higher ranking Launcelyn. ”I’ve never um, never done the... this kind of thing...” His eyes were focused somewhere around her knees, only dipping up occasionally to keep an eye on her expression. His hands kept moving, another candle holder appearing, as well as a handful of candles that he hastened to arrange for Edrei to light.

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
The family head considered her Left Hand briefly. She probably do something about this behavior but...she was the Left Hand, so she supposed she could be afforded a few liberties. "Just don't break him. He is no use if he turns to a trembling mess everytime he sees you." Zariah said with a dismissive wave of her hand as she led the alchemist to the second pathway.

She considered what he had to say, tilting her head slightly to the side. "Just the outside." she said, lips pursing with thought. "If these keys could only work when held by a Launceleyn, that would be ideal. And Abandoned even, would do." she said after a moment of silence, considering. It would be more secure she thought, especially if the doors had differing locking mechanisms.

PQ is moving forward! Y'all know what to do!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Though Edy was a sexual firecracker always ready to be lit, there was something distinctly nonjudgmental in her actions and her demeanor. Part of Edy's twisted upbringing is that she'd somehow fallen into the role of encourager for the weaker members of her family. While Edy excelled in many of the training tasks given to her, she was always willing to lend a hand to those who needed more time. She did it with a sassy attitude and a quick tongue of course, but love as well.

"That's okay sugar, first times can be fun." She cooed, innuendo practically dripping from her deep red lips. "You never know what's gonna happen." She added with a bright cackle.

Watching as he created the candles, Edy waited until they were more or less in a safe distance, before blowing a stream of fire towards him with gentle precision, lighting each of the candles with a bright red flame.

Edrei
You know I talk too much
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist listened and nodded gently. "Magical keys are much easier to hide then. If you could place my hand where you want the keyhole to be—" Gently Remi raised a hand so Zariah could easily move it. "—it own't actually need to be a hole. It won't be anything, really. The key will just need to be pressed against it, and the door will open." Pausing, he stopped to consider. "Making it so that only your family, or magic users can open it...I..I am not sure I can."

Concentrating, Remi closed his eyes and opened his other palm. In it, 5 round shapes appeared. They were delicate and made of something that appeared to be black etched with red and flecks of a deep purple. The objects didn't look like keys at all, which was precisely the point. "This way they should be harder to steal. If someone is looking to take a key, they will not think to take these. At least...That is the hope." The alchemist added with a gentle shrug. He was no thief nor villain. He had no idea how any of this properly worked.

Remi has used a magical seasonal slot to create 5 'tokens' that will open the door. If you want them to be Launceleyn or abandoned only, that'll be another slot you'll have to ask for ;)

Яemi

Peter Pikely

Change author:
Peter
Terrified of what I'd be
Just to smash them down

Peter cocked his head, his lips tilting into the suggestion of a smile, albeit a lost looking one. Somewhere along the line, he had made a mistake with his phrasing, he was sure of it, but he was finding ir more and more difficult and more difficult to protest. Something, curiosity, a moment of weakness, convinced him to drop his eyes, as subtly as he could, down Edrei’s body, the redness on his cheeks somehow growing brighter as he did.

The bright flame Edrei conjured made Peter stiffen, confusion flickering across his face before he realized. The candles. ”That’s... it’s prerty. And... and a...” He hummed, struggling to think of an appropriate word, his eyes anywhere but her body.”A n-nice? Um, offer, but... I think I might be able to... to guess what will happen.” Instead of offering an explanation, Peter tipped his body towards the tunnel Zariah had disappeared down with Remi. One of them was blind sure, but definitely not the one he would want to be in that particular situation.

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah placed Remi's hand on the door in the spot that it made the most sense for the 'keyhole' to be, letting go once placed. He couldn't see it, but as he described the complexity of making the keys so specific, her eyes narrowed. Apparently he didn't fully understand how this relationship would work. That he explained was nice, informative - and she did like to understand - but difficulty wasn't an excuse in her mind, just a reality. It seemed, Remi had a lesson to learn about how she operated, and her expectations. "Try. Make them only function for those I recognize as Launceleyn." she said, the clip of an order in her tone

The order seemed to disquiet the alchemist, but he obeyed. After a few long moments he relinquished the coin like keys to her, having altered their properties so they would only work in the hands of a recognized Launceleyn. But Zariah wasn't done. The alchemist was clearly exhausted, which was fair given the amount of magic he was performing, but it was {i]lesson time{/}. [say}"I also require you make me a special ink. It must be deep purple, scented with clove, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and when someone reads words written in it, they can hear the sound of my voice." she said. Even in the pale blue light of electricity she held, she could see him pale. A small protest began but she cut him off. "Do it. Or do you not wish to see your precious fox released?" Remi stilled and shook his head, insisting that wasn't the case. He focused for a time, this piece taking much longer than before. But in the end he produced what she wanted, placing the inkwell in her hand.

Then he promptly passed out. Zariah smirked down at him as he collapsed. Oh yes. He would not forget this lesson.

She left him in the dark corridor, the sound of her heels announcing her approach before she reached the secret room. The family head glanced around, then nodded her approval. "Remi has passed out. One of you go get him, then work together to get him back to his office in his guildhall. Make certain no one sees you. Do not fail me this." she said, approaching Edrei and placing one of the black coins in her hand, leaning in to whisper something in her ear in a low tone.

"One of you better wait with the alchemist until he wakes. Do not be seen...but let him flounder for a little when he does come to. He is being punished for his insolence." she said, nodding her head to them, sending them on their way.

The stage was set. Curtain call was all they awaited.

This PQ is concluded! A few notes:

Odd gave me full permission to bunny Remi, and discussed all actions in advance.

Remi has used his final two seasonal slots fulfilling Zariah's orders. The keys will now only work for those recognized as Launceleyn by the family head. He has also made the Launceleyn Ink - this self-refilling inkwell is filled with a scented, dark purple ink, that when read, is heard in Zariah's voice by the reader.

These item descriptions may be altered by the admins because I am just takin a stab at them honestly.