Market-Month (last stop)
Open!
Hazel Talvathar

Age: 45 | Height: 4ft (121cm) | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: - Strg: 2 - Dext: 3 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Nat Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
(The journey starts four days ago: Market-Month (first stop))

The northern air as we come upon Sidhe Village is far hotter than what I’m accustomed to in the deeper, darker southern flank of The Greatwood. The trees here seem greener than their counterparts nearer to the Spire, though an uneducated eye might not notice, and there is a decidedly tropical feel about it all as Mother guides our path between a considerable span of pretty tree-dwellings.

My eyes, peeled and full of wonder, behold the different, well-civilised nature of the region; beside me too, little Jasper pauses his movement (it is constant, irritating), to stare.

We draw near to a lowest home, only thirty steps high I once counted, and Mother greets the face that descends with warmth and great affection. This is her sister, my aunt, and she will keep us for the length of our stay. Both Fae move to assist me from my seat, and my brother is directed to set free our beetle so that he too might see to personal business (whatever an insect has to do). There are about seven other houses, high and low, spread through this leafy copse of ten. Then, scattered about the trees’ buttress roots along the ground are various stations for food to be left out, along with water troughs, for the animal associates of the locals; perhaps our companion will settle himself there.

The adults ascend the spiral staircase and vanish into the glowing doorway above.

It is the middle of the afternoon and there is enough time before dark for me to visit Undercroft, my favourite place in the village. I pass our filled cart slowly, ambling with weight tipped trustingly against my old stick, along a subtle pathway towards where I know the magnificent Oak tree looms.

Many folk are out strolling around the well concealed streets today, yet for the most part I’m ignored. Old Mother once explained that they don’t see me because I am different and that confuses them. My heart beats just as well as theirs though, and I have both arms and legs, and a face with a smile. Their ignorance sometimes upsets me, but not this time. I am happy to be left alone, and look forward to an evening spent buried in Undercroft’s treasure trove of books.