Like A Prayer
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

You've been drinking like the world was gonna end

"Well if I do have any magic, it's sure taking it's time to get to me." Adam mumbled. He probably was Accepted then, which he found a little disappointing; it seemed like the boring one.

Amalia seemed very disapproving of the 'science' the Acquired had managed, but Adam privately thought it sounded pretty cool. If you could work out a way to be more powerful...why wouldn't you? He had never been a pious or respectful person, never one to walk out backwards from a King; he did not see the crime in defying the Gods. But he wouldn't tell that to Amalia, not here.

"So...is that how they became uh...Abandoned, then? Seems kinda unfair for the people that got chucked in here for me and just found out thats what they were."
Adam
It didn't.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
Amalia laughs a little at his statement, arching a brow at his evident disappointment. "I was born Accepted. Most of us all. It is said the gods love them best." She still does not quite comprehend how little Adam has for the beings, being herself inherently reverent, fascinated and indoctrinated, alight with pious purpose.

She blinks down at his follow up question, chewing at her lip. "The Voice brought all of you here," she says softly, turning to her hands. "In an effort to get out. The world is not particularly fair, I guess, for a lot of reasons, but... the Gods could have cast us to die in here, but chose to let us live. I think that that is merciful, at least."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
Amalia really seemed to give the Gods a lot of slack they didn't necessarily deserve, in Adam's eyes. Just not murdering people was worthy of praise? He managed that every day, and no one fell to their knees worshipping him for it.

"I guess..." He mumbled, finding himself suddenly overcome with grogginess, the last of the drink working it's way into his system and dulling his mind. "...If...it's all the same to you, I think I might go to sleep now. If y'want you could keep telling me about uh..Gods n stuff, in the morning." He had stayed with pious people before and knew that if you kept asking questions, they were generally happy to have you.

He snuggled down in the blankets and smiled a goodnight at Amalia.
good evening, misadventure.
farewell morality.
it's time for another risky venture,
into the depths of depravity.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
He is the most polite thief the baker has ever met, asking permission to go to sleep, and the girl cannot help the warm glow of friendship that rises in her eyes. In another world, in another series of circumstances, maybe she would have reconsidered his offer to make out, pursued something different with this similarly hollow figure, this darkly handsome man.

She has her own dark, handsome stranger now. And she is sure that Adam will find his ray of sun.

Smiling fondly at the man, Amalia leans back further on the bed, lying for a minute across his legs. She considers shifting right then and there, taking up the leopard form and finding a place on the bed- but no, she still has work to do. Rising up from the foot of the bed, the baker tilts her head down at the man, a troubled look briefly marring her face. "Good night, Adam."

Then the girl heads downstairs, picking up the horn on her way, thoughtfully pressing it between her hands before placing it in the the back of a drawer.