Head hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6ft | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Gremlin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

VIRION
i find the pretty things & i put them through hell
Virion could feel himself bristling. His body was tense and he felt like he was being watched. Echoes of "follow me..." seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere all at once, but that was probably his own fault for coming into this hellish maze at night. Maybe then he would not be in the situation he was in. But he preferred the solitude.

"Follow me."

Except for those fucking squirrels...

Being lost alone in the labyrinth at night did not seem to phase him though. It was better than the alternative. Being lost in the daylight with the sheep he so desperately despised. And just as he thought that, he heard a rustling. Something bigger than just those squirrels that were running around chattering with their calls trying to lure him further into the labyrinth.

The wolf growled, a warning sound, loud enough to deter any beast that should have found its way to him. His hand moved, clutching his dagger. He did not like this situation at all. He waited, barely breathing. Each breath coming out as a growl on the exhale. And he waited, ready to fight whatever beast should appear before him.
Coding base by Sky!
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
Gods damn it!

Perseverance, stubbornness, arrogance. Equal measures of each and you'd find yourself lost deep within an unknown place. Prepared as the one might've been, armored, armed, stocked and rested. An adventure worthy of a cobbler blooming into a warrior. An adventure worthy of a small man throwing caution to the wind, and for what? Glory, maybe. It mattered little as the walls seemed to draw closer, and as the way back sunk deeper into the mists of his memories.

"Gods damn it." Are whispered, clutching the strap of his shield with one hand and a lantern in the other. Outwardly a hulking trespasser, a warrior on heavy boots treading uncaring into the maw of the unknown. Inwardly a barely contained ball of anxious doubt. Doubt in abilities barely taken root, doubt in everything but what was kept in hand and on belt. Steel he could trust, steel he had to trust if he was to make it back whole. At least that was truth to him as the noises grew closer and closer.

"Who goes there!?" he shouted into the gloom. A shout quickly swallowed by silent, uncaring walls. "Show yourself!" another shout, followed by the creak of leather as the cobbler warrior readied himself for what he was sure would be a test of his mettle.
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 

VIRION
Virion looked around, unable to see in the dark, but he preferred it that way. If he couldn't be seen then maybe whatever was in here would overlook him. There were enough of those damn squirrels running amok to keep anything in this forlorn maze at bay. And if that did not work, he had his hunting knife, dagger and a small hand axe used to collect the trophy of his hunts. The wolf braced himself for a battle, feeling the prospect of an actual hunt finally hitting him.

This new country he had travelled to had been boring in terms of hunting. Sheep and cattle, the whole lot of them. Every single puling human here seemed to cling to their gods like babes to their mothers. Virion had learned it was better to be godless than to let his life be dictated by those gods that seemed to set everyone's fate in stone. The wolf shook those thoughts out of his head as he tried to keep himself calm, growling louder -- more of a snarl this time until...

Who goes there?!

Another snarl escaped his lips. This one out of annoyance instead of anger. He crept through the shadows easily enough, putting his dagger back in the pockets of his wolf fur cloak. He saw the lantern then. He followed the light and voice, staying in the shadows. Once he was close enough, he spoke.

"Stop fuckin' screaming or you'll get us both killed..." the male finally spoke, soothing voice just loud enough for the other to hear.
Coding base by Sky!
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
He would've jumped, should've jumped. Yet Are remained perfectly still, shield in hand, poised to meet any aggression with an equal measure of force. At least he could've probably done exactly that, if he kept telling himself that. Stoic sounded so much better than frozen in place. As the moment of raised spears and shattered shields drew closer yet he found some sort of strange resolve awoken in his gut. A drip if icy heat that had him just as he'd practiced, low and guarded, yet light and fast. Unlike a wolf showing it's teeth, there was no scowl, no posturing or prancing about. Only the resignation that a day might've finally come, the day.

An eternity, a single moment containing the result of a lifetime of choices. All boiling down to that day just like any other. A day where a cobbler's fate was about to cross paths with a wolf.

An eternity came and went, and with it whatever lust for a proper bout he'd manage to muster. As the words broke the fragile silence and with it a lifetime of fate. He relaxed, not enough to put away his arms, but enough to lower his axe and stand tall. He knew that voice, or to be precise, he knew the kind. A night not long before he'd grown accustomed to the smug, predatory excellence. It even brought a sense of comfort, knowing he'd not stumbled upon someone as needing of a hand as himself, not that he'd admit that, not without introspection, and mead. Lots of it.

"Heill ok sæll, stranger." Are said, not whispering, but not shouting anymore. The words tasted hollow, spoken more out of habit than anything else, not that common courtesy could make it worse. Not like simple words would get him more lost. "I am Are, cobbler. And you? Don't recognize your face, nor voice."
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
When Virion got closer, he saw a man taller than he was illuminated by the lantern. He watched as the other stopped moving. Not even a twitch this time, but the wolf was still annoyed at having been intruded upon. Leave it to a lamb to fuck up everything... But he did not speak yet, merely circling closer, listening to the other's greeting.

"Follow me!" Another of those fucking squirrels darted past them, almost as if to taunt them.

Once it passed, Virion turned to look at Are again. He took in every single detail before he spoke. "Virion, Headhunter." He glanced at the lantern, unsure of what to do with it. Where he was from, it either kept predators away or drew them closer.

Leave it to a lamb to get lost. He weighed his options, deciding then that he could either leave Are to die or take him with him. If he was going to die, he might as well die further in the labyrinth. Plus, if they got lost, Virion could use food. Starving would be the most humiliating death after all he had been through.

"Put the lantern out, Are. It'll attracted worse things than just me. I hope you have a weapon..." Whether or not Are responded, Virion did not know. He had already turned and walked away.
Coding base by Sky!
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Headhunter?

His mind was stuck on how proudly the strange figure touted his title. Wore it like a badge of honor. 'Murderer', was what Are heard. Finally a person worthy of Hel as he'd known it, but not as he'd come to know it. Although the Labyrinth almost seemed otherwordly in the eerie gloom and light mist.

Green-brown mottled eyes studied the curious stranger as he was was touched by the weak beam of light from the single candle burning in the lantern's sooty belly. A glimpse of eyes that reflected a touch of nightmares, enough to evoke notions of a circling pack, back against cold mountain and the pale moon shining down the judgment of the wilds.

The cobbler shuddered, ill shook by the man, but driven to follow him as he left the light. Driven by equal parts curiosity and need. Being lost is far less safe out on your own, even if the option was to follow such an odd character.

"Pah!" Are exclaimed, slung his shield and grabbed the lantern again, although closing it just a hair. In case Virion was right. "Haven't seen anything worse than a fat rat or two, until I ran into you." he talked as he tried to follow the dark figure down the narrow passageways and twisting turns. Even though the man seemed friendly enough he couldn't make himself sheathe the axe, so in hand it remained. "Don't you worry about me, I'll hold my own." voice rose with mock confidence, dialect growing ever so slightly more craggy and hard.

"Speaking of which, you lost too?"