Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Ego? You?" Edy smirked and shook her head. "No room for it, what with all that hair and those scrawny arms." She added with a wink. That being said, she hadn't seen anything the bard had done to particularly suggest that he did have an ego. Though perhaps who he was with the flirtatious bartender was not who he was before almost omnipotent beings.

"Right...but...I mean. The official story was stay in the barrier, but didn't Ludo and Safrin sort of..help, just a bit?" That was the gossip around the guildhall anyhow.

Hearing Jigano speak about the gods and their answering—or lack thereof—only made her shrug. "Do you even think the 'younger' old gods care? Or are they just about to meddle? All I've seen is like..Ludo draped on Maea like a scarf, being all weird and dancing. Safrin handing out weird flowers and necklaces, Frey fucking everything."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"The scrawny arms don't take up much space, I'll have you know," he laughed right back. "There's a bit of room left for my ego! Though you have me dead to rights on the hair." He reached up to flip it back dramatically, a bit of playfulness he would only indulge in with his fiery young friend.

"I think they did, too," he admitted, his grin turning wry as he shrugged. "But what idiot is going to tell them that to their faces when they can just..." he made a whistling noise and smacked his hand on the table, making Isuma jump and give him a pointedly wounded look. "Smite the uppity fool where he stands?"

"They're gods," he answered with another shrug. "It's hard to know what they care about, though usually they have domains and specialties - or, they did on my world. Though it seems similar, here. Ludo guides the spirits of the dead to Mort. Frey... encourages fertility, I think, near as I can tell. Safrin... she seems to be aligned with light, and certainly with Life, though in a less, ah, carnal way than Frey is. It probably helps to pray to the right one for what you need help with. Praying to Ludo for help getting pregnant is probably going to backfire on you pretty hard, for example."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Ahhh, so that's the reason for the big sleeves." Edy said, tapping the side of her nose. "Got it." Watching his hair flip, Edy made a tchht sound under her tongue. Trying to mirror the gesture, she succeeded only in making her mane of curls sort of bob-around as the entangled bits of hair valiantly stayed together.

"Yeah I remember when we first got here there was a ton of smiting, actually. I think they've calmed down, or chilled out, or whatever gods do." Listening to his explanation, Edy just pursed her lips and nodded in half-hearted agreement. "I dunno..I guess it's because it's so new to me, but like...why don't people just solve their own shit? That being said, at least they aren't calling you abandoned. What kind of bullshit nomenclature is that anyways?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"They make me look more buff, don't you think?" He grinned, appreciating her own hair flip for the sheer dynamics of the motion, her curls and twisted tresses dancing and bouncing around her head and shoulders.

"I can't think of any particular theological reason gods can't 'chill out'," he mused thoughtfully. "Though maybe getting an influx of new worshipers helped? And being reunited with their older Old gods." Ludo had seemed happier and a bit more mellow, though he hadn't seen the others since the barrier's fall. "It's usually nice to see family again after a long absence, which I'd think the last three hundred years qualifies as." He chuckled at his young friend's usual pragmatism, sipping his tea with a thoughtful hum. "I suppose it depends on the 'shit' that needs solving? By its nature, prayer is usually done to ask things in desperate times, or to give thanks." He shrugged. "But the abandoned thing... maybe it's the Outlander in me, but I've always just thought of magic users as 'mages.' 'Sorcerers' is what I'd call your type of magic, in my world, but even that's not quite right, so... 'mage' just seems easier. Plus, it's easier to say." He tilted his head thoughtfully. "What about the old term, 'Acquired'? How do you feel about that one?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Do they though?" Edy trilled back playfully, raising a brow with mischievous sweetness.

Shrugging her shoulders again, Edy merely shook her head disbelievingly. "Well, if we're meant to give thanks, I suppose we should all be lining up to kiss the Voice's feet for bringing us all here. The other gods though? Why would they give a fuck about helping?" Therein was the real question, for Edy at least. She understood little about gods though she'd picked up a bit here and there during her tenure in the Hollowed Grounds. To her, the god seemed like fickle children, dolling out curses, orgasms, gifts with no real rhyme or reason to it.

Nodding in agreement, Edy sniffed at her teacup before remembering the alcohol-free taste, and deciding to leave it. "Yep. We were called mages back home as well." Wrinkling her nose thoughtfully, Edy just shook her head after a moment's consideration. "I mean..I guess? Since magic is..acquired in a way? But back home you were either born with it—and the capacity to get more— or you weren't. More or less seems to be the same here."you feel about that one?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"I will trust in your judgement, my Sultana of Scorching," he declared, flicking an arm out in a flourish so the spacious sleeve hung from it - not unlike a piece of laundry tossed over a branch of average size.

"Mm. Not everyone wanted to be brought here, or is happy that they were." The bard gave a wry smile. "So they might not be so eager to give thanks to that one. The rest though... who knows what moves the mind of a god?" He chuckled, tapping his fingers on the table in a light percussive beat. "But Safrin did bring Ronin back from the dead, in spite of him being an Outlander, and one who had died getting rid of the Spire's protector. It was thanks to him that those who wanted into the Spire were able to reach it and bring down the gods' barrier shortly after his death. If a god cares enough to help one man like that, maybe they could be convinced to help more than one?" He shrugged again. "It's worth asking, at least. You never know until you try."

He watched Edy avoid her tea, hiding his smile behind his own teacup as he listened to her describe the Northhaven way of things. It was something of a relief to know they shared a term, despite their very different homeworlds. "Yes, that's a good point," he mused with a nod. "On my world you could study and gain magic that way. Wizard-magic, at least. But here it seems to be mostly born... although... Remi received magic after arriving here, I believe. I suppose that would make him more of an 'Acquired' and mages more of... hmm... 'Adapted'? Sticking with the 'A' theme of the other human races, at least," he admitted with a chuckle. "But born with a talent for magic that allows them to manipulate the world around them? Not that different than the Attuned, really, but with more of an affinity for elements than animals." It wasn't a perfect connection, but he thought it wasn't too far off the mark, and made a mental note to write it down in the chronicles later.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Pfff, who doesn't get a hard-on for Ronin." Edy said with a shrug, albiet an affectionate one. She'd seen folks at home bend over backwards for him, slinging his ass in jail only to find him bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the very next day, sipping coffee by the ocean. "Then again his uppety little friend had her immortality magic taken in order to complete that little feat, and guess what? No one has seen precious little Ashe since." With any luck, she was dead.

Edy tossed her head back and laughed. "Well, if you ever want something from the gods, you should trade them for new names. Those are a lot better than the shit they've got so far." The mage said with a smirk. It all sounded pretentious as shit to her.

Placing her cup down and rising, Edy gave an exaggerated yawn. "Well, I've gotta meet Zariah. Apparently we're recruiting. So you know, if you ever rekindle any of that magic, maybe we can be siblings." She cackled with an easy smirk, not quite meaning it, but not not meaning it either.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Oh, I like him well enough," Jigano admitted with a chuckle. "He's a charming one, for sure. And quite the punster!" Highest praise from a bard, but his amusement slipped at the tidbit that Edy dropped next, and his eyes first widened and then narrowed. "Ashe...Ashetta? The assassin?" His tone carried his displeasure even more than his faint frown did, and he tucked the information away, thought he didn't yet know what he'd do with it.

"Ah well, we have gods of Life and Death and Nature now, but not so many of Words or Names. I suppose a few things are bound to fall through the cracks when you have such specific specialties," he joked lightly, but he might have preened just a little at her compliment.

The lorekeeper watched his friend rise with a smile, nodding to her - and to Bobi where the companions had managed to clean up the mess that had been made of each other and the floor. "As much as I'd enjoy having you as a sibling, I'd rather not be related to Zariah," he said wryly. "But if you ever want a family that's more about puns than punishment, I'd be glad to have you. Take care, Edy."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy grinned salaciously. She'd hop into Ronin's pants in an instant if ever the opportunity presented itself (though, that did not put Ronin alone in that category by any means). "Assassin? She brought that shit over here too, huh? Pfff." There was clear contempt on the not-teenager's lips as she rolled her eyes.

If you ever want a family that's more about puns than punishment, I'd be glad to have you.

Edy paused at that. For a moment her jaw twitched as her teeth clenched and unclenched, but not out of anger, out of a distant sort of thoughtfulness. "But if we're family, how will I ever find out what else is up those sleeves, huh?" Edy trilled with a playful smirk, before spinning easily on her toes and flouncing out.