Death becomes me..
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305

Sascha munched the goodies and it didn't take long until his stump was in way less distress then before the wonderful foods. Listened interested to what Are was telling him as he ate the bread and greens whilst trying to put all he could learn into the memory bank. As Are kept on going it became quite the long speech which Sascha didn't mind to be honest, got him some time to find his footing while listening to this man. He had a LOT to get used to after all and this was he believed the 'calm' before the storm that would come in his life. He sat down on a big, mossy rock while he listened and tried to keep a track on what he heard. It seamed like there was a lot of in world problems in Caido as well which was gonna make his life quite difficult. He was the type of man with the naive wishing for all people to get along in the world and he couldn't help but to fear there would be a day arriving where he had to choose a side in the world. He wasn't very fond of that idea to be honest.

He let Are finish his speech before he hummed vaguely trying to think of what he should say first. He could just flutter over the naturals/outlanders part of the conversation but that might be a bit rude after all. So lets start from the beginning here. "I take it is good to choose two professions like you have done. I tend to not be good in coats like.. at all, unless i manage to get a bow and arrows. But i should firstly decide on what can keep me alive at least, one can't say that's is not a good thing to focus on. Im sure i can get my business i had back home up and running somehow." He looked around at the different kinds of trees that existed on this spot. The most tricky part would be to use the right kind of wood. He then sighed a bit before continuing on to the subject he was more uncomfortable with.

"I guess there are no world free from disagreements huh? Not sure how i will handle that part of it all but i will do some exploring and see if i can become any wiser on that subject to of course. I just hate how it's in human nature to always disagree.. " Yes that was one part of Sascha that would probably always be a tricky thing; choosing sides. But he was sure he could find the right path for him in time.
SASCHA
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Choosing profession. That simple notion still seemed so alien to Are, born into his craft and called to arms. Never once did he think there was any kind of choice, just the answering a call that had never been his to deny. What Sascha said made far more sense in the light of a new arrival though, a chance to begin anew and to make whatever one pleased with the new world that had been given. A dying world to some, but one so ripe and fresh for the taking to others. Barren soil turning ever so slightly more fertile with every passing week and ready to reward those that let the sweat of their brow water it.

"The world is in dire need of craftsmen. Take it from one; you'll find more work than you could ever dream of as soon as word gets around." he said, offered a smile and a nod. There was so much he wanted to ask, finally someone cut from cloth he could recognize, even if the pattern was different he could see some semblance of what he knew, but Are knew the moment was not his. He was merely a guide to help the man into a world far from what he had left behind.

"Disagree is just what we do, nothing more boring than everyone nodding and moving along, right?" Are said and laughed, trying his damnedest to not allow the discussion to veer off into brooding on the nature of man, at least not 'til he was sure the man at least had somewhere to rest his head at sundown.

"Say, I might have room for a guest, as long as you don't mind the smell. You could use a roof over your head and a warm hearth 'til you can get your own, eh?"
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Sascha had started to calm down by now; sure he was still massively stressed but at least he didn't exist in pure panic anymore and Are's kindness helped ALOT. He felt lucky to have met such a great guy the first thing he did in a new, scary place. He started to get a full tummy which was noticeable from him slowing down how fast he was eating. The growling stumic had stopped its aching and a bit of tiredness fell over him. How he could get tired after being passed out he didn't know but logically it was simply the body handling a slight food coma.

He felt happy over knowing he actually had a skill that came in handy at this place and maybe the work could keep his mind from wandering away during the nights. Like; trying to put the past in the past kinda deal, right? "Yeah i could very well need something to get my mind off what i VERY recently lost in all of what happened. To keep myself occupied with work is a good thing." He stated honestly cause lets be honest; otherwise he would find himself crying the nights away like the baby he so could be. It was a very scary thing he had ended up in after all.

He put down the parcel and folded what was left in it neatly since there might be a possibility that Are needed to keep his food. Sascha had no idea how hard/easy it was to find food but he was well filled up by now so it would have been rude off him to automatically think it was all for him to keep. At least without asking first. Gift it may be but he was full after all. He put it next to him where he sat as he listened to Are. Nodded a bit hesitantly to Are's statement because of the fact that the naive little man called Sascha was a bit boring in that way that he wanted all to get along. But it was still true that it would turn boring pretty quickly if everybody was the same.

When Are offered a place for him to stay he widened his black eyes in surprise and looked almost struck by lighting from that generosity. Wait, so an almost stranger type of man offered him a roof over his head til he could get by on his own? This made him speechless for quite a long while, just sat there in pure surprise over this act of kindness. Opened his mouth to then close it followed by opening it again. "Y-you are sure? I don't want to be in the way after all.." Yeah he kinda already knew the answer but holy crap; what else was he gonna say while stuck by lightning!?
SASCHA
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
He laughed, the only answer that he had for a good while. A hearty, warm laugh sprung from where he wasn't sure, but he did know it felt good. Left in it's wake was a beaming smile and just enough determination to eek out another few drops of whatever compelled him to reach out a hand to the newcomer.

Probably a sense of duty, or just being a better man and paying back what Caido had been kind enough to give him. A home, steady work, a sense of purpose to keep the cobbler moving forward. A steady wind to push the ship towards foreign shores, where adventure and probably ruin was to be found, but not by a cobbler from Midgård, but by a warrior of Caido.

"Work is good, and you won't be in the way. Place is not big, but you'll have enough of it to call your own 'til you find something more permanent. Maybe us two craftsmen could even have a little exchange of expertise." he said, confidence growing with every word and ending with a little light laugh.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

Sascha couldn't help to smile even, or maybe especially, after his world altering meltdown a few minutes ago. Maybe a smile was needed to make him feel better or at least working like a rescue team to cover up his losses some. In any case the exhausted Sascha felt better with a smile on his face and a new friend on his side. He nodded in agreement to Are's statement since he had no objections to learn new things as well as teach them what he knew. He looked around in the forest which seamed to be so thick that he really couldn't see much more than trees, bushes and branches.

"So.. where to then?" He asked confused while taking a few steps closer to his new friend. He had literally no clue where to even start in this world. No idea where cities, directions or anything at all where located. Heck it had even so many trees/plants he had never seen before and what about animals? What existed here that was dangerous vs not dangerous? As his thoughts raced through his head once could see him starting to get a bit frightened again. He swallowed a bit nervously, had a million questions by now and no idea where to even start. Best to just keep close to Are watching and learning right?
SASCHA
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Whatever plans of washing and bathing could wait, he would just dirty himself again when mucking about the shop. That and getting the guest settled was far higher up on the list than mundane chores better left for later. Are adjusted his pack, belt, and assorted straps, giving them all a good tug to make sure the lot of them where cinched down tight. A moment to get the bearings and chew the inside of one's cheek, a moment to find the head of the trail again, the way back.

"Here, it seems." Are said and pushed through the brush from whence he came, forging ahead back to the relative safety of the well trodden path. Maybe not a cornucopia of knowledge, the cobbler would prove an at times difficult discussion partner, rife with tangents and long rants on nothing in particular.