Your move
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

"Well yes, we." Ronin chuckled. "Obviously I played a very crucial role in this, being present and all, and letting your hands wander all over me." He shrugged his shoulders. "Clearly no one else would do. And I'm glad you think so - though I'm a little disappointed that I can't pull faces at you anymore without you seeing."

The hunter's smile was crooked at best, the warmth in his voice a reassurance that he was only joking. Letting out a long sigh, he couldn't seem to stop smiling, even with the admittedly weighty news that Remi had come home with. "Do you feel a little better now?" he asked.

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
With an almost sheepish smile that caused deep dimples to form on Remi's cheeks (which were quickly turning pink), he bit the inside of his lip and removed the hand that had been wandering around Ronin's chest. "Ahh, yes, well." He said with uncharacteristically almost-nervous laughter. "I appreciate your patience."

With a look of feigned surprise, the alchemist nudge Ronin as he moved to lean against the wall next to him. "I am shocked you would take advantage of me like that." He scolded, though he absolutely wasn't.

Taking a deep breath and letting his eyes wander around the still-mostly-dark room, Remi introspected briefly and nodded. "In a way, I suppose. But if I did just help Zariah create some sort of...I don't know, fortress, I suppose I do not feel great about that." He said shrugging, and glancing over his shoulder towards Ronin, as if to make sure he was still visible.
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Hey, I didn't say you had to stop. I was thoroughly enjoying it," Ronin said through a wicked laugh, giving Remi a gentle nudge in return and arching an eyebrow at the pink in his cheeks, wondering what he could have possibly done to merit such a reaction. "Shocked you might be, but you aren't as shocked as I am disappointed about it." He grinned, relaxing back against the wall next to the alchemist as he surveyed the room with not-so-sightless eyes.

His response had the guildmaster smirking. "I meant more physically, given that you were keeled over when you were brought home," he admitted. "As for Zariah... leave it, for now. Whatever will happen will happen, and there's no point speculating until we know what we are dealing with."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
For all Remi's mistakes, for all his recklessness, it was never intentional. Even in Northaven where lines were arbitrary and rules were made by morons, Remi always tried to keep himself on the right side of them. That was precisely why, though he found himself wanting to put his hands back on Ronin, he didn't. Swallowing, down the spark of conflict he felt, he grinned half-heartedly at the ex-captain. "Sorry that my vision has spoiled your fun. I am sure you will think of something else."

It shouldn't have done, because Remi knew precisely what it was Ronin had meant, but just hearing the word physically made his breath catch slightly, forcing him to sit up a bit straighter. Ruffling a hand through his hair, he nodded slowly. "I am not up for running any marathons I don't think, but ... I do not feel like I am going to pass out again." Exhaling with a sigh, Remi let his head fall back against the wall behind him. "I have never used that much magic before. And she would not let me stop—"
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Oh, have faith my friend. I will most certainly think of something else," Ronin assured Remi, all but beaming at the alchemist, only for his smile to falter ever so slightly at seeing him so suddenly... well. Deflated. "Are you alright?" he asked. "I know what happened isn't... well. It's not great, I won't lie. But we've gotten through worse, you know?" Zariah would almost definitely push things as far to the limit as possible, but... hell. Northaven had still been worse.

Ronin nodded gently at hearing Remi was feeling well enough to at least stay conscious, but as he continued everything about the hunter seemed to become sharper. Ronin's breath caught in his throat, his hands slowly clenching as he glanced across to Remi. "She wouldn't let you stop?" he inquired gently.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Feelings of unfaithfulnes prickled the back of Remi's neck beneath Ronin's (quite literally now) too-blue stare, as he nodded vaguely. "You may have gotten through worse. When it comes to politics though, I nearly had myself thrown in jail for trying to take down that sign about Bellamy." It felt like lifetimes ago now, but it was really the only brush with politics the alchemist ever had.

Glancing quickly over at Ronin, Remi exhaled a stream of air upwards that caused one of his curls to flop from one side of his face to the other as he inspected his hands. "She just kept saying that if I did not..it meant I did not want Ianto to be free. That I had lied when I said I would help him, and her..And she is so much stronger than I am—" Remi said, his naivety shining through. "She is a Launceleyn." He added with another slump of his shoulders. For all his magic, he was still just a commoner, a lowly alchemist. The Launceleyn's were powerful mages, and in his mind, he still had never comprehended how objectively powerful he had indeed become.
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin scoffed at the memory of what had happened at the Notice Board in Northaven, though he suddenly wasn't in so much of a jubilant mood. No, there was a darkness brewing in him that was both cold and familiar in its anger, the hunter scowling down at the bedsheets as Remi continued. He shook his head. "She played you, Remi," he said softly, reluctantly glancing across at the other man.

Not having expected the sudden lack of confidence, Ronin almost laughed. "You... what? She... Remi, you could have beaten her easily. You... she..." Huffing out a sigh, he shifted to sit cross-legged on the bed opposite the alchemist. "Never mind seeing me, Remi - have you looked at yourself lately?" he shook his head, equal parts sad for his friend and furious at the Launceleyn.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi's eyes sank into Ronin's gaze for a moment, losing himself in the vivacity of it, relaxing into the familiarity that helped soothe what his ears were hearing. Studying his friend's face for a moment, the alchemist bit the inside of his cheek and let his head loll back against the wall. Dragging a hand up one of his cheeks, he sighed defeatedly. "Why do you ever let me leave this house. This bed." He joked wearily, but sadly.

Looking genuinely confused, Remi turned to face Ronin, a brow raised. "What? No. She has lightning, and ... and that magic that just pulls the life from you." Shivering slightly at the memory of it, Remi shook his head. "And no I have not. I was blind if you'd forgotten. Or...am blind, save for you." He clarified awkwardly.
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin couldn't help the way he raised his eyebrows at Remi's comment, his lips threatening to twitch into a smile that he had to stifle. "I'm not quite sure how to answer that," he admitted. Mostly because now he was thinking of not letting Remi leave the bed, and all of the warmth and comfort that he drew shamelessly from the other man in his sleep threatened to kindle into something that burned much brighter.

Luckily, the alchemist's confusion helped to ground him again, Ronin reaching out to grasp the other man's hand. "Listen to me, Remi," he said softly. "I'm not lying to you, or pandering to your ego when I say this. But Zariah could not have made you do anything." He squeezed Remi's hand. "She has lightning? So what? You have earth enough to cancel it out. You can create things some can only dream of, and you can literally change the properties of objects."

Ronin laughed quietly. "And on top of that you turn into a fucking lion whenever you like. I see you, Remi, even if you don't. And I'm telling you, you make the Launceleyns look like kittens."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The flush of colour reappeared again in Remi's cheeks as he gave a small exhale of stifled laughter (read: the exhale you do when reading something slightly funny online), glancing quickly at Ronin and then back again. For absolutely no reason, Remi reached for one of the pillows, hugging it slightly against his chest and letting it settle on his lap.

Lips forming a soft O of surprise as his hand was taken (simultaneously causing the image of Ronin to stutter back into immaculate clarity and detail), for a moment Remi hesitated to return the gesture, the prickles on the back of his neck shooting a cold shiver down his spine. He did though—why shouldn't he? this was nothing new for them, after all—but shook his head. "No, but she...making things could not stop her..she is stronger, and.." Glancing at Ronin in earnest now, eyebrows furrowing and unfurrowing with confusion as he tried to reconcile what the hunter was saying, Remi bit his lip, fingers tightening around Ronin's. Like an elephant bound when young so that it will never even try to pull a stake from the ground when it is older and much more able to do so, the alchemist simply couldn't wrap his mind around the reality of what Ronin was saying.
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Perhaps not. But any number of the other things you can do could stop her," Ronin said, gently but insistently. "She took advantage of your assumptions about her, about yourself. But you're... Remi, I've met gods. You're the strongest person I know next to them." He shrugged, smiling apologetically as if he was delivering bad news. "Stronger than I am, certainly. I just... wish you'd believe it about yourself."

Giving his hand a small squeeze, Ronin released it again and settled comfortably on the bed. "Perhaps you'll see other people soon, too. I bet Ianto will be a sight for sore eyes, huh." He winked.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Laughing, Remi raised the pillow slightly to glance down at his athletically toned body, then looked over at Ronin. Both were in shape and though Remi's body would never be beefy, he certainly did appear to be the much fitter of the two. Blushing again then as he pulled his eyes away and pressed the pillow back down around his waist, Remi cleared his throat and tried to pull his thoughts (and his eyeline) back up. "I suppose I will have to start challenging you to arm wrestles to settle things, if that is the case." He said, flashing the ex-captain a boyish grin.

Hearing Ianto's name was like a bucket of cold water tossed over him. Blinking into the darkness and feeling the colour want to drain from his cheeks, Remi forced a smile, "Mmm"in unconvincingly in agreement.

Biting his lip and picking at a bit of thread on the pillow, Remi sighed. "He lied to me. Or...not lied, I suppose. The trading venture into the woods, right before I was blinded...Ianto let us all believe that it was his idea. Which made sense, given that his primary interactions with the fae are as a merchant...bringing other merchants seemed understandable. But when we got there, he opened by saying that it was Arduinna who had told him to do it." Biting the inside of his lip, Remi's lips pulled into a tight-lipped smile. "I suppose it was not a lie. Not really. I just ... I was surprised he did not tell me."
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Hey, now. Just because you can see me, don't go judging me!" Ronin grinned as Remi compared the two of them, grabbing a pillow and batting the alchemist with it lightly. "I'm more than happy to settle things with an arm wrestle - it'll help get me back in shape. Though... I have been thinking lately, that perhaps I ought to try to rely on a weapon other than my fists to solve a conflict." If he'd been using a bow or a spear against the Spire Demon, perhaps he might have dodged out of the way.

He hadn't expected Ianto's name to bring the alchemist so down, and Ronin was about to ask for clarification when Remi gave it willingly. Tilting his head, the hunter shrugged helplessly. "His motives are his own I suppose. But perhaps he was worried you would go looking for Arduinna if you knew. And that you would get... well. Hurt." As he had done.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Pff." Remi scoffed. "You are the one who made the comparison. I was merely agreeing." Looking suddenly interested in the way he often did when talk of creating something came up, the alchemist tilted his head speculatively to the side. "A weapon, mm? Now if only you knew someone who used to be a weapons creator..." He said, tapping his chin thoughtfully. "That would be quite useful at a time like this."

Nodding, Remi chewed on Ronin's explanation for a moment. "No, you are right. I suppose I have just gotten a bit..sensitive, lately." Remi said (as if he hadn't always been sensitive), shrugging against Ronin.
i fell for your eyes

Coding base by Sky!