Personal Quest Throw Away the Key
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She smiled at him slowly, hand cupping his cheek gently. ”Of course it is to make this place safer. I will do away with these outlander and natural tensions. I will see roads built, homes fixed, fields fertile and plentiful with growth…it will just take time, my dear. Change is hard. Don’t you wish to be part of making this world a better place?” she said gently.

”And, Ianto…”

Zariah smirked, her back to him now. ”I made you a promise, did I not? I will free him. But if this place is not prepared, what are you releasing him into? An ill-equipped, barren land, at the mercy of Fae who wish us all still trapped?” she said, clicking her tongue at him, as he clearly hadn’t thought through all the implications of freeing Ianto as they walked down the stairs to the cellar room. She appraised it quietly, a small smile on her lips. Edrei had done well. ”But my dear Remi, if you go telling people what it is you are doing for me, you’ll only incite them against me, because I represent change.”

Zariah
Come join the chorus of the unimpressed
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
I'll stay here with you until this dream is gone
Softly the alchemist nodded, though the movement was stiff as if he did not want to lean too far into the Queen's touch. Which, was precisely what he was trying to avoid. He felt that, though her fingers were soft and gentle, that at any moment they might tighten and clamp, and send electricity flowing into his skull.

"But..he...that is all still better than Arduinna." Remi worried out loud, nibbling on his lip.

Unable to see what it was they were looking at, Remi merely halted as soon as the clicking of Z's heels ceased. "But..surely they will thank you for what you have done? The arguments when everyone read your notice...they said you had done nothing for them, nothing to earn the title. But if they know what it is you are doing, will they not be moved?"
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
”It is, until the Fae realize our weakness. Until Delah sees we are disorganized at best, in-fighting at worst, and seizes the opportunity to claim this land as part of the Greatwood. The bloodshed that would follow…Ianto fled Northwind to Northaven to escape such warfare. Would you risk him being involved in that exact situation because you are impatient?” she chided.

Zariah would take the chains from him and carry them to a corner, adding them to the array of devices Edrei had made. She was silent as he spoke, a small smirk on her lips. Oh yes, he would be hers soon. Already he was seeing the goodness in all she did. ”Their opinion will not change until they see results. Such is man.” she said dryly, shrugging her shoulders. ”All the more reason to say nothing. They will villainize you too. Let me bear that burden, Remi, dear.” she cooed sweetly.

Zariah
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Zariah's words were nothing but confusing. Ianto was just a fox. And though the two might not be friends anymore—a fact Remi very much wanted to clear up—surely he was not the cornerstone of a war.

Right?

"No...no I suppose not." Remi answered eventually, eyes downcast.

With a sigh, Remi found a good deal of truth in Zariah's words. They had villanized him, or at least, both Jigano and Bastien had been quick to cast blame at his feet simply because he had created some ink. Exhaling again, Remi nodded. "Alright. But..I will not lie. Not to Ronin." He said, raising his chin not in a measure of defiance, but merely a certainty in his own moral compass.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
What was this? Defiance. Zariah stilled, then turned slowly, the sound of her shoes skidding against the hard floor. Again the air stilled, draping over their shoulders like the very chains he had repaired. Then, the clicking began again. Slow. Deliberate. Each step taken with painstaking precision, a tigress stalking her prey in the night. Defiance was not allowed in her presence. This the alchemist would learn.

She stopped only when she was toe-to-toe with him. He might not be able to see her, but she need not be seen. Her presence projected itself without Ronin’s tricks of astral projection, or even the aid of magic. Zariah’s being, her soul was merely so powerful that it could make itself felt to instill fear. She was no ordinary woman grabbing at power – she was a conqueror, a titan, a being of supreme power that perhaps was yet in infancy but would only grow to legendary proportions. ”Then don’t lie, dear one. Simply. Say. Nothing.” she said, growing ever quieter until her words were but a breathy whisper against his chin and cheek.

Had he learned? Would he hear the warning this time?

Zariah
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Eyes widening despite the darkness around him, Remi's brows furrowed and flexed with a wave of emotion that crested over his youthful face. Swallowing and blinking, he stared forward like a doe towards oncoming headlights.

Shivering beneath the weight of her words and the frostiness of her voice, Remi merely stood, unsure.

Say nothing? And so, despite the need to tremble, he wouldn't.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn
You know I talk too much. Come put your lips on mine and shut me up

"Ooh, chains huh—" Edy laughed, though the amusement in her voice immediately disappeared when she saw Z with her metaphorical talons in the alchemist. Crossing her arms and leaning against a wall, saying nothing herself, Edy merely raised her chin and watched the scene unfold.

If this idiot was going to be around, he had to learn. One way or another.

"Let me know when you want me to walk our little sheep home." Edy said from the corner.

Image by Lamreii!

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
His worry was a thing of beauty, and his trepidation made her miss Neron all the more. He would have reveled in seeing the family finally claim all it was intended to have, seizing their destiny one sheep at a time. Zariah lifted her hand, index finger lifted away from her fist. With the underside of her hand up, she place the long, filed nail against his collarbone, slowly dragging it up his throat and to the end of his chin, where it caught against the prominent bone at the end of his jaw. The pressure was certainly uncomfortable, but nothing particularly painful.

Yet.

”Do we have an understanding, Remi, about the sorts of words that will not part your lips from now on?” she whispered, in almost a hiss.

Edrei’s voice would give Remi a short reprieve. Zariah turned and smirked at her. ”Edrei, you’ve done a wonderful job.” she said warmly, walking over to the younger woman. She took the younger woman’s chin in her fingers, tilting her head so she could place a soft kiss against her forehead. A reward along with praise. Not much but something. She turned to face Remi again, eyes trained on him. ”What do you think of our little sheep, Edrei?” she whispered.

Zariah
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As Zariah's finger began to move, without meaning to, feathers appeared suddenly in Remi's hair. They continued to ruffle down his spine and even a few downy bits of fluff appeared on his arms. It was not the predator that he could be pulling through, but instead the creature that he had been the longest. The one which had allow him to simply evade tense situations in the past. Only now there was no evading. He was sure Zariah would shock him out of the air if he tried.

Unable to move his chin much, the alchemist merely looked up, his lips pulling down in a frown as he exhaled a tense sound of agreement.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn
You know I talk too much. Come put your lips on mine and shut me up

Edy's eyes hungrily lingered against Zariah and the indomitable position she held over Remi. It made her smirk outwardly, but inwardly she was filled with pride and praise for the head. Z had channelled herself from a raw lightning storm into something honed and sharpened to utmost precision. It was as terrifying as it was beautiful. But that was Z all over.

Straightening as Z approached, Edy let her face be cupped with all the willingness of a naive child. The kiss against her forehead was like ecstasy, though the younger Launceleyn made sure to keep her face schooled into an appropriate look of gratitude. "Thank you." She said with a smile, before her dark eyes flashed towards Remi.

"I think he tries to be oh so good, but doesn't even know why." Edy whispered back, lips twitching as she crossed her arms once again. "Especially in this place, good is relative."

Image by Lamreii!

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah considered Remi, a near trembling mess by now, as Edrei spoke. ”Indeed, it is relative, for now. I will give it a definition in due time.” she whispered to Edrei at length, pleased with her response. As much as Zariah had grown and honed herself, Edrei had as well. She was certain, were she the same teenager that appeared at her doorstep all those years ago, she would be far more disappointing.

”He needs education.” she said quietly, using their code word for a various number of methods with the same goal. All Launceleyn’s were educated. Some might call it conditioned even. Coaxed and prodded and tortured and cradled into a certain way of being, a certain way of thinking. Remi needed some of that in his life. ”Make sure he gets it, and take him home for now.” she said quietly, dismissing them both.

Zariah