Stinks like a new world (Edrei)
Kaladin Rickshire

Age: 29 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Legion Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There would have been a time were her words would have made him glad to have had the mask covering the majority of his face. Yet he had grown up quite a bit since the end of Northhaven and being flung into this strange new world, modesty had no place in his life now. "I'm sure we could arrange something, I'd prefer you on your back more so then having you stuck to me like a shadow." he countered with a raised eyebrow.

When she gave him her name he tilted his head quizzically at her. He was politely acquainted with Loren and Astra, having spent some time with them trying to find a cure for the strange curse that had afflicted them back in Northhaven. "I knew some of your kin, though neither of them were quite as....exotic as you are" he said commenting on the dark mocha of her skin compared to the pale white of the other Launcelyn. "No doubt you would have. I'd been in the storm guard most of my life. Fought in the war in Northwind prior to crossing over."

He sighed at her next question, she was playing nicely so far so he supposed he might as well do the same. "Kaladin Rickshire..." he said, his hand giving a dismissive wave. He doubted if she would have even known who his family was. The Rickshires had been a prominent family in Northwind a long time ago, back when their family had control of several wealthy mines in the south. Though poor financial management by his great grandfather and the drying up of the steel and other minerals in the mines had led to a quick downfall in status. The Rickshires were barely nobility in the eyes of most upper society. "Does that curb your appetite?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
edy

Glancing towards Kal, Edy pursed her lips and ran a tongue along her teeth for a moment as she considered. “My back huh? “ The teenager repeated, if anything mildly surprised by just how bold her companion suddenly was. Surprised, but not disappointed by any means. “Seems a bit vanilla, no? “ Stretching her arms, the Launceleyn girl allowed her back to arch and lean back, displaying just how flexible she was.

Her back?

Come on. She could do so much more than just lay there.

A shadow huh? Ohhhh Kal would learn fast not to try and dare Edy into action.

”Can a shadow do this?” She asked, and then with a quick athletic burst of speed, Edy would try and nimbly throw herself at him with the intention of pressing her lips against the side of his face. Whether or not she was successful, she’d tilt her head back and cackle with mirth just the same.

Exotic? Well that went farther than just the colour of her skin. Edy was a bull and her family a china shop; delicate and white versus a rampaging force of nature. Licking her teeth, Edy winked suggestively at her mostly-cloaked counterpart and laughed youthfully. “Exotic huh? “ She purred with a wink. “Oh you have no idea.”

The mention of him having been in the army and fighting back in Northwind made the shit-eating smirk fall of Edy’s face and instead was replaced with something a good deal more respectful. Edy wasn’t much younger than Kal objectively, but because of how the Launceleyn’s were quite literally born and bred, Edy had all but been kept in captivity for most of her life. That Kal had the opportunity to actually fight for something meaningful was something the teenager had not yet ever experienced. “Well. Looks like you’re more than just a pretty face. I think anyways, hard to say.” She chuckled, gesturing at his hood and mask.

Nope. She hadn’t heard of the Rickshires, but then again Edy always had been a bit shit when it came to recalling who the Launceleyn’s cared about and who they didn’t. Instead she merely picked up on the latter part of what he’d said. Her grin widened revealing her brilliantly white smirk again. “Curb my appetite? I doubt you could even come close.”
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
He saw the muscles in her long legs tense before she had even decided to jump at him. She moved gracefully, even in the air, yet he was ready for her. Kal would attempt to snatch her out of the air and pin her to a tree. If he was successful he would smash her into the tree, not hard enough to really hurt her but enough to rattle her a bit. His face hovering closely by her ear. She would feel the hot breath despite the cloth covering his face as he whispered. " I thought I made it pretty clear I wasn't fond of being touched." If he had caught her he would have held her there for a few moments, one hand pinning both of her arms above her head while the other was planted firmly against the tree trunk at her side. His eyes, one green one icy blue, managed to look both dangerously and hungry at the same time and his breath quickened slightly despite the minimal exertion.

Then he suddenly dropped her and moved past as if nothing had happened. At her next comment he gave a dry chuckle "I have my uses I suppose, the pretty face was just extra." without missing another beat however Edrei flung another innuendo at him and he looked over his shoulder to respond. " I doubt anyone could curb your sexual appetite. I have met whores that were more modest then you....and that was during the actual act." It was true, this girl had enough sexual energy it seemed to power an atomic bomb, it peaked his more primal urges yet he was wary of her at the same time.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
edy

As Edy's flirtatious antics were obfuscated, the teenager found herself suddenly pinned against a tree with Kal towering over her. Rather than looking intimidated, frightened, or appropriately wary or apologetic, the Launceleyn girl only grinned up at him mischievously. As he leaned in to whisper in her ear, Edy would pitch herself against him. Not in an attempt to wound, merely just to force the contact he was so defiantly trying to avoid.

Regardless of whether or not his lips were forced to make contact against the side of her face, Edy would return Kal's haunting stare with her own dark and smouldering one. However rather than echoing the sternness of his stare, Edy's eyes were bright with youthful. Her gaze dropped to his lips for a moment before flickering back upwards, her teeth nibbling at the gentle flesh as she grinned. "Ooh someone has a complex." She purred.

As he dropped her, Edy sprung forward in a flash to regain her position at his side. "Oh do you now?" She replied with mock skepticism as he mentioned that he had his uses. So far all she'd seen was a rather rough and tumble approach. Was that all he was? A mask covering a man who was a glorified hammer?

Though his words might have been meant to offend, Edy merely cackled youthfully and shrugged her shoulders with a careless smile. "Only whores will have you, hmm?" She chuckled delightedly, raising her eyebrows to really hit home the implication. "But you're not wrong." Edy conceded with a shrug. Given how young she was in Northaven it actually wasn't all that surprising that her sexual prowess went rather unmatched. Everyone was older, worried about you know, cultivating a new world and all that, which left the teenager woefully under-touched as far as she was concerned.
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
He should have expected some childish antic from her even as he had her pinned against the oak tree's sturdy trunk. Yet somehow as she pitched herself into him he was caught by surprise, even more so as his lips pressed hard against the soft skin of her cheek. He jerked back quickly eyes widening and taking him back to the days where he sputtered and blushed when a pretty girl had dared to even look at him. After a moment to regain his composure he looked down at the smiling woman, bottom lip bent inward as she nibbled on it suggestively while her eyes shone with impish delight. "It would seem you truly do share Launceleyn blood, you all managed to be insufferable in your own ways."

It amazed him how quickly she sprung back to nearly ontop of him as soon as her slender form wasn't pinned against the tree, she truly was like his shadow. "I think its hardly a complex not to want to be touched by strangers, especially ones that are capable of making things die around her." he said mentioning the ring of dead grass and wildflowers that had blossomed around her earlier on in their meeting. "I prefer the term cautious" Kaladin wasn't quite sure what exactly her abilities entailed but he wasn't keen on experiencing them first hand if he could avoid it.

At her jib he stopped and turned to face her directly. "You seem rather keen on having me, or at the very least to drive me utterly mad. Does that make you a whore?" he said bluntly watching the girls reaction. He expected to only get more grinning and teasing on her part, it seemed that at the very least words did little to smother her personality. Threats of danger did even less. If there were any cracks in Edrei armor Kaladin had yet to find it.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

Edy grinned wolfishly and waggled her eyebrows at him at the mention of being able to make things die. "Awww, but you've got your big weapon to protect you. And it's just little old me. She continued, rolling her tongue along her lip and winking as she broke off into a bright peal of laughter. Actually, as far as magic went, Edy was feeling fairly stunted. In Northaven she'd mastered destruction at an early age. Being able to make things explode was basically a character trait of hers it had become so second nature. That she could make things wither and die or disintegrate was something, but actually Edy felt quite naked without her powers. And while normally nudity was something the teenager loved, this feeling just left her feeling cold and hollow.

His sudden pause made the teenager tilt her head curiously and raise a challenging brow. "Oh I do, do I?" Edy purred in response, taking an incriminating step closer, Edy folded her arms across her chest and tilted her head mischievously to the side. "They do say that if you're good at something, not to do it for free." She added after a moment with a wide white smile. Actually there had been word of a brothel starting up in Northaven, but Edy could see herself at most as a proprietor, never a worker. Not only was she completely unreliable when it came to being responsible, but Edy fucked who she wanted, when she wanted. Getting paid for sex might be nice, but surprising as it might be, there was more to Edy than just fucking.

Like fighting for instance.

"So I suppose that either makes you very wealthy or sexually frustrated." She chuckled, nibbling the inside of her lip again. After all, either he had the coin to pay for all that whoring he apparently did, or he didn't.
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
Kaladin rolled his eyes at her playful tone "A lot of trouble sometimes come in small packages, like I said, I like to be cautious." he said taking a step away from the girl. His attempt at separation wasn't to last very long as she stepped even closer to him, the heat coming off her at their close proximity washing over Kaladin. "And who told you that you were any good at it?"

In truth he honestly had no idea if Edy was looking for a fuck or just to annoy him. He had never been good at reading the needs and wants of the fairer sex. Part of him wanted to just grab her and take her right there. She seemed the type that would enjoy something like that and It had been awhile since he had laid with a woman. If nothing else it might shut her up for a few moments. Still a tickle at the back of his skull made him take pause and guilt seeped into him dousing the furnace of lust that had been growing inside him. He didn't need sex or companionship, he had had it once and all it had caused was death and pain for him.

"Neither actually" he said, looking away from her and breaking their closeness again. "Family was old but we haven't been rich or important in a very long time. "As for the sexually frustrated, well when you're fighting a war you have very little time to worry about when you're going to be lifting up anyone's skirts."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

Well she agreed with him there. Winking, Edy nodded with a mischievous grin on her lips. "But cautious never leads anywhere fun." Edy trilled in response, easily keeping pace with him despite his multiple attempts to put distance between the two.

With a pointed stare, Edy flashed the hooded man a wickedly sensual smile and nibbled her lip. "If you have to be told you're good at it, you probably aren't." She purred with another wink. "Let's just say my approval is usually voices in other ways." Moans, voices begging for more, hands grasping at her skin. Had she been told she was good in bed? Sure, on more than one occasion. But she didn't need to take anyone's word for it. Actions as it was, spoke far louder than words.

Quirking a brow as he stepped away, Edy listened. Not wealthy? Well. That hardly mattered. Money hadn't even been installed in Northaven. Besides, such things meant little to the teenager as it was. Being a soldier though? Well that was something she did understand. More or less anyways. "Ahh I see. So whoring was just a matter of convenience then huh? Easier just to pay someone to sleep with you? Shocking, what with all your obvious charm-" Edy said sarcastically, flashing him a brilliantly white smile. "-I would have thought you'd be able to just walk into the Tempest Tavern and pick up whomever you wanted for the evening."
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
"No, I didn't do much whoring at all, as i've already said I was in the war. I was more concerned with not getting skewered on the end of someones spear." In all honesty he had never stepped foot in any of the pleasure houses back in Northwind. He had lost his virginity to one of the barmaids in some long forgotten tavern during one of the marches to the front lines, and that was more due to his companies instance then his own.

"You ever consider maybe I don't find you worth charming?" he asked the bushy haired woman with a raised eyebrow. "Besides, you don't strike me as someone who needs to be charmed to have sex. You either do it or you don't." He didn't know the woman very well but that was the vibe he got from her. She didn't come across as a prize to be won.

He reached up and lowered the cloth that covered the lower half of his face, breath beginning to puff out as dusk began to settle and the colder weather crept in. He'd have to find somewhere to camp soon, not to mention he hadn't even done any hunting for the day either. "I take it you're going to be annoying me for dinner as well?" he asked as he knelt down at some tracks, they looked to be several hours old but hopefully the animal had not gone very far. "You could at least make yourself useful and help me catch something to eat."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

The teenager rolled her eyes at his use of as I've already said. "Well. Not a ton of fighting to be had in Northaven from what I saw." She countered lazily.

Raising a brow, Edy looked at Kal intently for a moment as if trying to get the measure of him. Given that he was keeping much of himself veiled still it was hard to pull much from his statement, so the former-destructionist just shrugged and took his words at face value. " Hadn't even crossed my mind." Edy trilled with a smirk. "And you say that like it's a bad thing." She added with another shrug. "Sex is sex. Why make more out of it than that?". The teenager who'd never been in a relationship or even had so much as a crush had a hard time understanding why so many confused mere fucking to something more.

"Oooh my. Already stripping down, huh?" Edy jested with a salacious smile. Revealing the lower portion of his face was hardly revealing at all, but given the tone of their conversation Edy was happy to make it out to be more than it clearly was. "Looks like." The teenager quipped back, not at all phased by being called annoying. Edy had been called much worse of course, but that just came with the territory.

"Catch you something to eat?" Edy purred, moving towards Kal but aiming to slink behind him. If he stayed, she'd trail a finger tip along his back as she moved from one shoulder to the other. "Not even going to say please?"
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
It was Kaladin's turn to chuckle and for once it actually was a genuine one. "You really hadn't been in Northhaven for very long had you?" Between the Bloodfiend rebellion, the stone cat destroying the wall, the strange goddesses of that land doing w/e they pleased well....there had been plenty of fighting to be had in Northhaven. She would have seen some of it but if she had been a newer arrival then it didn't surprise Kaladin that she new little of the actual struggle the settlers had faced when trying to cut out that small strip of land and make it their own. And they're trying to do it all over again. Kaladin thought as his mind wondered over to the collection of half destroyed buildings that the settlers were attempting to make livable.

Her comment about sex made him chew on his tongue thoughtfully. He agreed with her to an extent. Having sex with someone didn't mean that you had to be in love with them, he hadn't been in love with the barmaid after all. Still, it was a different kind of act when you did it with someone who you cared about. "You may feel differently if you ever manage to find someone to tame that wild streak in you." Kaladin said simply as he found a spot as good as any to set up camp for the evening. He then went about collecting some dry sticks and foliage to be used to start a cook fire, pulling out some flint and one of his daggers for a spark.

As her delicate finger drifted across his back he felt a smaller involuntary shiver run down his spine. He cursed the urges he felt thumping in the pit of his stomach. "Fine, PLEASE make yourself useful and go fetch us something for me to cook. Or do you intend to tease on an empty stomach?" he asked giving her a flat stare.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

"Nope." Edy confirmed. "Third wave." The Launceleyn girl knew a bunch of shit had gone down, but honstly, it was nothing like the war going on at home. So she thought anyways. She had been a soldier too and still found plenty of time to fuck around. If Kal didn't, then he just wasn't trying hard enough.

Edy shrugged. "Well, we've already established that won't be happening, so who cares." Her tone was the carelessness of youth as she shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, relationships seem like a pain." She noted a bit delayed, thinking of Zariah and all of her failed relationships, how Loren apparently couldn't move into the family home because he was seeing someone, or how Koel had gotten all weepy on her just thinking about that broad who had died. Pffft.

Grinning, she knelt down next to him with a mischievous smile, looking at the flint in his hands. "Wanna see a trick?" She purred lasciviously, biting her lip and leaning forward as if she meant to kiss him, before diverting her gaze towards the fire. "Go on mystery man, make with the spark." Assuming he did, Edy would make a show of blowing towards the spark, not that such was necessary at all. As she did so, she reached inwards for her magic and grasped it, coaxing the fire to life and growing it to a size that wouldn't be sustainable with the amount of fuel Kaladin currently had. "Better get some wood." She purred with a sultry smile, before laughing to herself and rising.

Getting something to cook though...that was another matter all together.

Hmmm...

Sure Edy could make things fall dead, but they needed to be close to her, and as it was, the teenager wasn't normally still enough to let anything with half a brain want to come near enough. "So...just how does this hunter-gatherer thing work? Don't I need a loin-cloth and a spear or something?"
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
Kaladin nodded more to himself then at Edy at her comment about relationships. "They can be, but they can also lead to some wonderful things." he said quietly as his gaze flicked up to the woman who was knelt inches from his face. She seemed to clearly lack the understanding of the word personal space as she leaned forward even closer blowing towards the small sparks Kal had made striking against the flint. Suddenly a flame jumped up in between the two of them, quickly consuming what little fuel Kaladin had managed to gather up for the fire.

Not wanting the fire to go out again (though he was sure Edy could probably conjure another one fairly easy) he unattached Godeater from his belt and after finding a smaller pine tree he flicked his wrist at it, sending the magical weapon at it. Landing with a thud against the soft earth Kaladin pointed at it. "Do your weird plant killing trick, wood won't burn properly if its still alive." he said to her while tucking his weapon away.

At her joke about the hunting Kal rolled his eyes. "I doubt you need reason to put on more revealing clothes, but by all means if that helps you be a better hunter strip away." Kaladin said as he began to search for signs of tracks that might lead to their dinner. Edy didn't come across as someone who didn't know how to take care of herself so Kal was sure her comments was just her trying to appear flippant.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

Oh sure. Didn't they all say that? That relationships led to something wonderful? But when did you ever see that in practice? Never. And so, Edy merely gave Kal a small roll of her eyes as a response. She would have argued (especially since arguing was one of her favourite past-times), but any who said sappy shit like "..lead to some wonderful things" had obviously been there before (or thought that they had). And yet here he was, sitting with Edy of all people. Clearly that hadn't worked out well.

Watching as the weapon thrust towards the wood, Edy raised a brow and tilted her head. She had the same thoughts that Kal apparently did, wondering how it was they were going to burn the tree (or if smoking her out was perhaps his plan). "Oh I see how it is. You get the wood, but I get it ready for some heat?" She purred with a delightful cackle. "And if you want to find out how much of a trick it is, I'll use it on you." Standing up, Edy strolled over. The range of this magic wasn't much and so she needed to be close. As she neared, the colour drained from the pine and it dropped all of its needles. After a few moments it grew decidedly more of an ashen colour as the moisture and life was sapped from it.

"For the record, you've basically done nothing to help." She tutted with a mischievous smirk leaving him to...well, whatever it was he was going to do. Chop up the tree, probably.

Twitching her fingers, Edy looked around. The light was quickly falling from the sky and the teenager didn't know the first fucking thing about hunting. Why would she? She was a Launceleyn after all; servant to the crown and magic-wielder. There had always been people for this, and apparently Kal wasn't planning on helping out. Still, Edy was competitive and stubborn, and so as she glared out into the night she considered her options.

Deciding that brute force and bluntness were probably her best options, Edy merely started to walk. As she did, she cast out her magic draining the life from everything around her. The grass withered, trees began to bough, and all the hidden critters hiding became obvious.

Triumphantly Edy returned with 2 grouse and 1 rabbit, depositing them neatly at Kal's feet with a grin and an expectant stare. A thank you was definitely in order.