Choose Wisely
For Sascha
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
cigarettes, the taste of whiskey on your lips
still haunting my every kiss - do you remember it?
It had been a small incident. Hardly worth noticing really. But Zariah had seen, and her interest was piqued. A young child had fallen and scraped their knees against a cobblestone and begun to cry. A young man stopped, and with magic healed the little one’s hurts. To use it so openly, without shame, he must not be from here, for she knew all too well the shame Natural users seemed to carry. And so she followed, waiting for him to be alone so she could strike.

Such a time came as he turned down an alleyway, presumably as a short cut to wherever he had business to be. She stepped loudly, shoes clicking on the stone walkway behind him. ”You’re going to need friends here, boy. People native to this place don’t like those such as you and I.” she said, watching him with an expressionless gaze.

Could he be turned to her side? She would know soon enough.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305

SASCHA

Sascha still had to learn how to fit into this world and tried to remember all what he had been told about this place. Jigano had made him consider that this world was so much open to magic then where he himself was from but also that you needed to be careful still. Though as the child had fallen and hurt himself he couldn't help it, he had to make him feel better after all. He healed the boys scraped knees and the boy stopped crying instantly, thanked him and then ran off to continue his playing. This made a smile spread on his face as he continued his journey within the unfamiliar town. He must admit that he was lost.

He passed a open alley and then slowly backed a few steps with his gaze at the alley, maybe this was the better route to travel? He was on his way to find more wood for a project he was working on and something told him that he could reach a wooden area quicker if he took this shortcut. So he turned his steps into the deserted alley in hopes he would end up someplace more familiar. It didn't take many steps though until he heard the loud clicking of shoes behind him which made him furrow his brow, not sure if this should scare him or not yet. As he turned he blinked in surprise over the young, as he saw her, girl that casually and direct spoke to him. At least that was what he thought? Quickly he looked around to make sure he was the only one in here and as he stated that it was the case he looked a bit confused at her.

Her pointed words made him a bit uncomfortable. Was he really that much out of place in this far away world? Did people not like him here? No that couldn't be true.. both Jigano and Are had been very nice to him after all and didn't seam to have any problems with him yet at least. And did she REALLY just call him a boy?! He cleared his throat a bit before he rather confused started to talk. " Ehum.. were you following me here? Who are you?" His interest was piqued but most likely his confusing had risen a bit higher then his interest right now?

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Her head tilted slightly to the side, face still expressionless as she stared at him with wide eyes. His anxiety radiated off him like heat from a bonfire, and she was most pleased with it. She was a huntress, and he but a scared little rabbit – and she rarely missed a shot. She clasped her hands behind her back, standing in a militaristic at-ease pose. ”You are what people in this place call Abandoned – a magic user, correct?” she said, her tone indicating she already knew the answer.

”Who I am doesn’t particularly matter at this moment. What does is who you are, and if you wish to make something of yourself in this world.” she said quietly, taking a few steps forward to close the distance between them. ”Because you see, people in Caido are not fond of magic users, and neither are their gods. People like us are rejected – hence the term abandoned.” she said. She paused, tilting her head the other way as she considered him. ”Were you aware of that?”
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

SASCHA

Sascha was a bit surprised over this whole situation to be honest but if one were to be fair he was kinda surprised over this whole world. He had not been here long at all and as good as everything was completely different then what he had been used to back on earth. To be honest he got a bit unease by her when she stood in that militaristic way in front of him considering he was one that kinda was abandoned in both worlds he had been in. He had fled from the military after all back in China. He listened to her words still though even if this was way uncomfortable for him in so many different ways. "Well... yes i am.. " He replied carefully at her question before he continued listening to her. Sucked in every single word as his brain chugged the information. He was not a dumb human at all but what he tend to do is to seam insecure and unknowing for personal reasons. Nobody liked a know it all after all even if he in this world wasn't as bright as he had been back on earth.

He let her finish her speech without further interruption. As her next question flew at him he met her expressionless eyes before he replied. "I am aware of that, yes. And i certainly wouldn't mind to make something from myself here.. Just i have no idea where to even start.." He searched for and underlaying cause in her face, it wasn't like she would just randomly talk to him in this manner without a very good reason. He just needed to figure out that reason. "..This place is.. confusing to say the least.."

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
As he spoke, her expressionless gaze broke, a small smile curving her lips, looking upon him gently. But the smile didn’t reach her eyes. They remained blank, and unreadable slate covering the truths in her soul. ”Yes, it is particularly hard to figure out where to start when you are Abandoned, when nobody wants you nor hides the pretends of their disgust.” she said gently, almost motherly in her tone.

There was a scratching above them and she glanced up. A couple of Humming Bats were scurrying about under the roofline of the building next to them. Dusk was soon to fall, and they would make their way out into the darkness to hunt their fill of insects. ”Do you see those Humming Bats?” she said, pointing to them. ”We are very much like them you and I. Like bats have the in-born skills that enable them to hunt and kill insects that cause discomfort and disease and crop failure, magic users have the in-born skills to shape the world, to heal, to kill, to create, to destroy…and like bats we are feared.” she said thoughtfully, looking back at the young man.

”It’s a rather depressing reality, don’t you think? One that is undeserved, no less, considering that the reason we are despised is for the faults of another person hundreds of years ago?”
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

SASCHA

"Well.. i dunno.. this far i have been greeted with kindness from those i have met this far.. I think it is what you make it or rather.. whom you have been lucky to meet.." He had started getting a bit of a funny vibe from the woman but his interests was peaked to continue listening to what she was offering in her words. As he looked up at the bats he followed her gaze and watched the animals underneath the roofline, getting ready for the night. He listened to the tale she was spinning as one of the bats affectionately snuggled next to the one beside it. He had always liked bats. He turned his gaze back to the woman with a slight humming sound while processing what she told him. It wasn't til what she said last that his suspicion started to subside within him cause he knew what she meant with her words. He could understand them clearly in his own way.

"It is never fair when a type of people gets blamed for what someone did way back when. I do not know the story of why this said person got so much hate thrown at them but it seamed like it was deserved if people still remember it so well. What is not deserved though is that people have to suffer now thanks to what some nut did way back. It is not fair to make a certain type of people the victims just because of what one person of that group did.. I pity them in a way.." He hummed halfway lost in thoughts over what he just had heard. He had heard many stories of people in the same situation and it hurt him how unfair the world.. well... worlds could be. Some things seamed to be the same anywhere. "It's a shame.. The only thing i feel one can do is to prove them wrong." With thoose words a smile appeared on his face as he looked at her. "Don't you think so too?"

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
”It is the latter. You’ve met the rare accepting person, who likely was not born here. But we are outnumbered by those who think poorly of us.” she said, answering the question for him. For Zariah, there were very few unanswerable questions. The world was black and white, as much as people wished to see grey where it did not exist.

”That person brought war to the gods, and in so doing led to the people in the Hollowed Grounds being trapped for 300 years within a barrier.” she explained, looking away from the bats and back to him. ”It is unfair. And I do think we must prove them wrong…and it is for that purpose that I believe I was brought here.” she said, that empty smile returning to her lips. ”I was head of a powerful family of mages in my homeland, over a millennia old. I know how to lead, how to bring order…something this place has never known. And for an Abandoned to do so, to help lead this place to prosperity and raise up their fellow mages in the process…certainly there is no logical other reason for my arrival here.” she said, her tone still soft and motherly, slowly pulling him in to the web she was weaving.

”Would you not agree?”
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

SASCHA

It was confusing to listen to her again which made him go back in being suspicious. What she said he agreed on but when it came to power one could never really be certain that well placed words would translate correctly into to the world. He had seen this alot back in china. His father was.. were.. something.. a very powerful man in his area but had proven to Sascha that power was dangerous. He had followed his higher ranked citizen with good intentions from the start but as the time proceeded he had fallen victim to how cruel they really were. Those people used their power for their own gain alone which made the people of Zhouzhuang suffer greatly. It was such a powerful impression to snap up for a younger Sascha that he automatically became suspicious every time something had to do with power.

The worry had started to show on his face by now and he scratched the back of his head in concern over what it was he heard. "I've been in similar situations before.. and they rarely end well so i apologize for my skepticism.. It all sounds good and all but i find my faith is lacking slightly when it comes to matters of power. One can never be sure that something good will stay just good for all.. Would you swear on your life that you would do what was best for all kinds of people? That none would suffer for your gain of power?" He looked as he felt over giving this statement; apologetic. He had reasons to not trust power after all. It twisted people into something bad and unattractive. "I don't mean to offend you, i just have had many bad experiences when it comes to things like these"

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
That he was concerned did make things difficult. So bothersome, morals and worries and concerns. That people were so overcome with such emotions was entirely unnecessary. Worthless even. It was why Launceleyn’s such as herself were raised to ignore such worthless feelings. They memorized what was right and good, and all else was for naught. Soon they would all learn the same lessons. ”I have been trained to lead, and recognize it’s pitfalls. Power is not what I seek.” she said.

”Remember, we are bats. We are part of a larger system that must be at balance. If you harm the bats, the insects grow in number and destroy the crops which hurts the people and ultimately even the bugs when they run out of food as they grow too large in number. If you shackle the Abandoned, a piece of the cycle is broken. Balance is disrupted. The wheel does not turn.” she said, tilting her head to the side. ”I merely wish to see this balance restored. What is good for us will cause some discomfort because it will involve change. Change isn’t bad – change is where growth stems from.” she said almost gently.

Zariah paused, letting him mull on that bit in silence for a moment. ”When the time comes, if you support me, you will be granted the opportunity to prove you are not worthy of being Abandoned. Is that not what you want?”
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:

SASCHA

Sascha started to feel discomfort over this whole situation and it did not help much to ease it for him as she continued with her speech. He started to consider a neutral approach as a reply was the way to go to try and avoid some REAL trouble from this conversation. The words; "If you harm the bats, the insects grow in number and destroy the crops which hurts the people and ultimately even the bugs when they run out of food as they grow too large in number." Stirred up some real concern in Sascha and created this discomfort inside of him. He couldn't really put his finger on what it was more then that it triggered bad memories inside of him. But then again; he never had been a person to make rash decisions either. He needed time to think, ask around and see it all unfold before he could take his part when it came to things he had a bad feeling about at least. He didn't say she would disappoint but he couldn't say the opposite either.. not yet at least.

He kept a calm face though even if the thoughts rushed through his head and did actually even smile warmly towards her in a honest way. "I would love to have the same respect as any other person, truthfully. I am not the one to jump at things when presented but i will follow it non the less. If it follows a route I'm comfortable with then you can count on my support." Yep a honest and diplomatic reply, might not be exactly what she was going for but if all went well she had nothing to worry about anyhow. If she was fair and proper she would have his total support. He watched her with a smile before he looked around slightly, wondering if she was here alone. "Are you here by yourself? I need to gather some materials for payment items.. Would you like to come with me or do you have somewhere else you need to be?"

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Sigh. This was why followers needed to be trained from birth.

His agreeance to support her was shakey at best, but it was secured in a manner of speaking. Zariah smiled ever so slightly, tilting her head to the opposite side. As she did so, the Humming Bats took flight, silhouetted against the setting sun behind her. "I can appreciate your reserve, but I assure you it is unwarranted. It would be in no one's favor were I brash or cruel. I do hope you will reserve your judgement until after the strain that follows such change settles." she said.

"I have a young son and daughter to attend to, as well as other family business." she said, declining the offer to accompany him on his errands (how terribly boring a proposition)."I am glad we were able to come to this small agreement. I look forward to your support." she said before turning on her heel and walking away, shoes clicking on the hard ground.

{EXIT ZARIAH}