queen of blades
For Roana
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
The day after Remi had been brought home, half dead, blurting tales about Zariah Launceleyn and what exactly she had made him do... well. It was a safe assumption that the Ronin who rose with the dawn the next morning was in no mood to waste time or leave anything to chance. Remi had set off before sunrise, he knew, to the Wishing Wagon, and Ronin was free to find the one person he felt would be able to talk to him on the level with this one.

Too bad all those he spoke to advised that Roana Steadman had set off for the labyrinth.

So that was exactly what Ronin did, too.

It was already heating up, the hunter squinting up at the towering hedges and taking a slow, deep breath as if to prepare himself for what might be inside. Across his back was a bow and a quiver of arrows - he was trying something new, what could he say? And dying as a brawler... well, perhaps he ought to change tack for future fights. "Roana?" he called as he headed inside, hoping she wouldn't be too far.
don't close your eyes
something beautiful is still alive

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
Glimpses of fate bring light to your despair
Realise hope isn't short of your grasp
Resurrect every dream that you've buried alive
And never succumb to the war that you fight
Roana was indeed in the Labyrinth. Why? Why not? Her boys were off spending the day with Auntie Phoebe. She still had to figure out how to get all of the items Ludo needed for her special request - the ring part was simple enough, but a vial of Ascended blood? yeah that wasn't as straightforward - and the best way to think was to do something mindless. She had heard plenty of stories about the monsters in the Labyrinth, big and small, and was she not a full-fledged member of the Monster Hunters Guild?

She had just stumbled upon her first irritant when she heard her name called. The former captain tilted backwards, eyes wide with curiosity and lips pursed making for a rather comical expression when Ronin would surely see her head poke out of the bushes. "Oh! Hello Ronin!" she said with a grin. "I found a talking chipmunk!" Her tone was bright, on the edge of laughter as she looked back at the little thing that kept telling her to follow. Which she did not. Instead she poked it with the toe of her boot, causing it to slide a foot or so backwards before it ran up to her again. Rinse, repeat.

"I take it you were looking for me?" she asked. He hadn't stumbled on her after all, and the way her called out her name indicated he had some idea she was around. When she spotted the weapon though she raised a brow and smirked. "Taking up a new hobby, I see?" she said.
Your world is coming apart
Remain steadfast
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Ronin could only blink at the sight of Roana's head poking out of the bushes, the hunter opening his mouth as if to respond before thinking better of it. Instead he walked forward on quiet feet, arching an eyebrow down at the thing she was talking about. "That's a squirrel...?" he pointed at the 'chipmunk' that seemed very keen on asking his fellow former captain to follow it. "Wait, whoa. It talks?"

This was getting dangerously off topic, Ronin scrunching his eyes shut for a second to focus, before he let out a quiet laugh. "I mean.. yes. Yeah, I was looking for you." He nodded, following her gaze to the bow over his shoulder. Ronin groaned. "Yeah, I figured I should get a little less up close and personal considering I'm apparently not as strong as I once was. It seemed a good excuse to switch things around."
don't close your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ROANA
Roana shrugged a bit, still pushing the squirrel chipmunk thing back and forth with her boot. "Squirrel. Chipmunk. Small, fuzzy rodent creature." she said, nodding at his surprise when it spoke. "Apparently. But it only seems to know how to say 'follow me'. And since I'm no fairytale princess I'm not too keen on following woodland creatures into a maze in the middle of nowhere." she said with a light laugh, glancing back at him.

But then her expression fell a bit. He did not look like himself. "What's on your mind? You look troubled." she said.

Her blue eyes glanced back towards the bow on his shoulder again as he explained its presence. Skeptically she arched a single brow, lips pursing. "So...you switch things around by picking one of the most technical and finicky weapons that takes years and years of training to master to switch things up?" she said dryly, smirking a little. "Really, you're a glutton for punishment."
Remain steadfast
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Mm..." Ronin said helpfully, still focused on the talking squirrel and the way Roana was nudging it back and forth with her foot like it was the most ordinary thing in the world. "From what I've heard about these particular woodland creatures, thoroughly ignoring them seems to be most wise," Ronin agreed, nodding to her and smirking, finally able to tear his eyes away. Unfortunately that also meant any humour in the situation disappeared for him as well.

"I think Zariah is planning something," he said, not one to mince words. Still, he had no doubt Roana would have questions, and he didn't want to bombard her. "She... well. Remi was returned to the guild by Edrei Launceleyn in no fit state to do anything. She had him use every drop of his magic, all for a promise I am almost certain she doesn't intend to keep."

Scowling, he could only give a halfhearted shrug at her comment on the bow he carried. "It would take as long to get good at this as it would to get good at brawling again. So why not?"
don't close your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
Roana smirked and nodded at Ronin's confirmation of her inkling about these talking squirrels before sending this one flying down the corridor and into the bushes. Smartly, the little critter thought better of returning. But other creatures had ideas about the two former Captains. The entrance Ronin had just walked through suddenly closed, leaving them trapped within the eerie maze. Roana sighed and shook her head. Fabulous. "Well! Guess we better start walking." she said chipperly, deciding on a direction and heading in it.

But Ronin's words caused her to freeze and she turned to look at him wide-eyed, but seriously. "Like what?" she said in a low tone, concern laced into her words. The Launceleyn's were no merry band of maurauders, they were a serious force to he reckoned with. That they were suddenly moved to activity alone was concerning. Instinctively, she put her hand on the hilt of Krosis, despite having no need for it. She frowned as Ronin described the events leading to his concern. "Tell me everything you know." He needn't be concerned with bombarding her. Roana appreciated context so the more information the better.

She smirked a bit as he scowled, getting a real kick out of seeing him still grumbly over his new skill level. "Well, if the Launceleyn's are up to something, we might have to fast track your training schedule." she said.
Remain steadfast
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Roana was remarkably chipper in the mornings - then again, so was Ronin sometimes. Back in Northaven he had switched from night to day shift so often that it was difficult, sometimes, to orient himself. Still, he followed her gaze over his shoulder to watch the hedges swallow them up and into the labyrinth with a soft oh, the hunter seeming more curious than worried about this new development.

But then the good humour faded and - gods but it was weird - Ronin was relieved to see the ex-captain grow so serious. At least he wouldn't have to do any convincing; they were both on the same page to begin with. "I know only what Remi told me, and he's... er, he lost his sight." He sighed and shook his head. "She promised him the impossible, I think. Something about Arduinna and Ianto and freeing the fox of her hold... in exchange for Remi's help. She had him make locks and some kind of ink, among other things. I feel like she's gearing up for something, or that she's made some kind of stronghold."

He walked as he spoke, smiling ruefully at Roana. "I agree. Luckily, I have basic training in this from the Guard. Though it's been years since I did so much as fire an arrow."
don't close your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
Roana listened quietly, sroicbas she walked alongside Ronin. There were lots of things she could comment on. Lots of things that were new information. But only some of it was actually relevant to the issue at hand. Her Captain's mind went into full gear, sifting through what she knew, what Ronin said, pulling together bits and peices with a mental string.

"That would make sense. The Launceleyn's lived in a city sized compound in Northwind, served by very specific vendors who were all either connected to the family or sworn by oaths of secrecy. To make a fortress would be easy for them." she said, confirming that his suspicions likely were true, her lips curving down a bit. "I would question that she only holds Remi by a promise...that seems too sloppy. I would suspect she has some magical bind on him...and until it can be confirmed otherwise he'd best be careful of what he says and does." she warned. She wasn't sure how Zariah could managed such a thing, but if any could it was surely a Launceleyn.

"I'd bet anything she is going to make a power play." she said with a little nod, lips pursed in thought. "Which...well if people react to her like they did me trying to break the barrier...it won't be good." she said glancing over at him with a frown. "If that happens...we have to keep people from revolting or making grand stands. She won't hesitate to obliterate them. It's literally what people in her family were trained to do, without remorse."

His little rueful smile made her smile a bit. There was a familiar warmth she felt when Ronin was around. Even during serious moments he just had a way of bringing lightness, happiness with him. It was...disconcerting. And frankly, she didn't want to admit the reality of what was beginning to bubble up. She didn't want to face it. "I'm sure you'll pick it up again in no time. It's been years for me too but I am happy to help you as much as I can." she said with a warm smile.
Remain steadfast
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin walked side by side with his fellow former captain, eyes and ears alert for any more talking squirrels, or moving hedges, or whatever other horrors undoubtedly lurked within the labyrinth. Knowing he was right about his hunch did little to make him feel better given what he had been assuming, the hunter burying his hands in his pockets and rolling his shoulders as the Longheat sun bore down upon them. Even in the morning, it was starting to heat up.

"Oh? I... well, fuck. I'll let him know," he said regarding what she suggested about Remi, nodding and frowning at the ground before them. "Stop people from making grand stands? Whatever will I be for, then?" He shot her a brief grin. "I'll do my best. Though I can't guarantee anything, given that I too am a filthy Outlander."

Shifting the bow on his shoulder, Ronin glanced up at it and shrugged. "Between the two of us we can probably get it to hit a target. Probably not the middle of the target, but whatever."
don't close your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
"Well, fuck is right." she said with a sigh, stopping short as the labyrinth shifted again, cutting off their path. She blinked and looked either way and shrugged a bit. "Left or right. Your turn to choose a direction." she said with a slight smirk. Whatever way he chose, she would continue to follow alongside him, and purposefully ignore the unwelcome feeling his cheeky grin gave her.

"They still like you more than me." she pointed out. Sometimes the popularity contest was the majority of the battle. "And Zariah is too. We actually know what she is capable of, her history or...well in theory." she said, pursing her lips. "I can try to pull strings with her. My cousin married her brother after all, I might be able to work that angle. But if people have already pissed her off, it won't work. She needs to feel comfortable in her position, so for the time being people need to quietly comply." she advised.

"So I would say keep your ears open if you hear of any gatherings...you can include me if you think I would be welcome to offer my knowledge. But try and work your way into whatever resistance forms. I will do whatever I can to help, but I might have to work through you with most." she admitted. It was frustrating, but it was the reality of the situation.

At his joke about archery she did grin a little. "That's true. You're aiming to kill not win a contest."
Remain steadfast
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Left," Ronin said decisively, for no other reason than because it was the closest turning to where he was standing. They meandered down and deeper into the labyrinth, the shade from the hedges dappling on the ground before them. "Be careful, trying to pull strings with her," he murmured. "If she is as you say then I doubt that you will sway her too much, not being blood." Marriage wasn't quite the same - at least, that was the impression he had gotten.

He wrinkled his nose at the idea that people needed to quietly comply, not because he thought it was a bad idea but because he thought it very unlikely to happen. With a sigh, he nodded to her. "I'll do my best to keep you in the loop. I'm not sure right now what will happen, or even when. But... at least now you know the situation."

Smirking, he shrugged the bow further onto his shoulder. "That's the plan. What were you doing here anyway, Roana? Hunting squirrels?"
don't close your eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
Like the good soldier she was, Roana turned left, following alongside her fellow former captain with military precision. She nodded, expression stormy and serious as she did so. ”I will.” she said as a promise. It wasn’t one she was sure she could keep, knowing how dire the situation could turn out to be, but she hoped she could. Roana truly hoped the Launceleyn matriarch could be reasoned with.

But her gut told her that such hope was for naught.

”Thanks” she said with a smile, glad that he would keep her in the loop of the goings on that she would certainly receive no invitation to. His question caused her to shrug, glancing up towards the sky. ”I just came out here to clear my head. Think. Sort of as you were when you ran into me at the Temple the other night.” she said with a small, melancholic smile. Just then, the leaves opened up again, revealing the way out this time. At least they wouldn’t be stuck in here forever. Heading in that direction, she turned her smile on to Ronin. ”Thanks for coming to tell me about this. You’ve given me a lot to think about.”

”More than you will ever know.” she thought wistfully as the words left her lips. Some struggles were best left unsaid between friends.
Remain steadfast