Follow the Leader
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

”Just nice? Really man?” Nate shook his head and cast his eyes around again, taking it all in. He looked up to the crack in the ceiling as Adam mentioned it, squinting against the light of day outside. ”Don’t streams usually go into the ocean? ...is there even an ocean here?”

Cupping his hands in the stream, Nate took a mouthful of water, grinning giddily while he did. ”I lived in a city. Not even a good city. The closest thing I ever got to a cave was a doorstep, and I sure as fuck didn’t sleep there.” He laughed, shaking his head and pushing himself to his feet to follow the flow of the stream. ”I guess there was caves near my grandmas house, but we stopped going there when I was like... ten. My brother and I were too much for her to handle alone, yknow?”
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
ADAM
"There's gotta be an ocean somewhere." Adam guessed, ignoring Nate's first question. It was somewhat a part of his persona to be underwhelmed by the world. "There's a lotta weird roadblocks in this place. At first it was this barrier thing, then that went, now theres this forest and I think I heard about...storms? Around it? Or something."

He made a face as Nate drank from the water. It was moving, sure, but Adam didn't trust random cave water. In fact, he hardly drank water at all, when he actually thought about it. But at least with a pint, you knew where it came from.

"You caused a lotta trouble then, you and your brother?" He asked, leaning back on his palms.
good evening, misadventure.
farewell morality.
it's time for another risky venture,
into the depths of depravity.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

”Storms, huh?” Nate came to the face of rock that the water was flowing out of, and peered up the narrow tunnel the flow had carved out. ”I guess digging a tunnel isn’t going to be enough to get through, or someone would have done it by now, right?” His voice echoed up the opening, and then Nate was standing again, opposing the flow back down to where it ended.

Adams question made him pause, Nate’s back turned to the orgwebman, much to his relief. Talking about this was easier when he didn’t have to keep up a light expression. ”We were fucking terrors.” A soft laugh huffed out of him, good memories flooding up. ”Anything you can think of we did. I think the worst we did was steal a car though.” Nate snorted, and shook his head. ”Drove it into a convenience store. Fuck, I thought we were gonna get shot for that.”

Another chuckle left him, and Nate started stepping again, following the water. ”You got any siblings or anything?”
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
ADAM
"What is it with you and tunnels? I mean, I guess you could try it, but it's gonna take real fucking long and you could just stay here." Adam shrugged. While he wanted to explore, he was content to do it at the pace at which the world revealed itself to them. When he had first arrived he had been desperate to find a way to puncture the barrier, but now? He had things tying him to the little village he'd first landed in.

Adam had no idea what a 'car' was (weird slang for a carriage, maybe?) but he laughed along with Nate, liking the idea of two brothers going about being terrors. It was fun, the start of a story; he had always secretly wished for a sidekick partner-in-crime to travel with.

"Oh, uh...I mean, prolly? But I don't know them. My mum.." He rubbed the back of his neck. "She worked in the brothel, and Ieft pretty young..." Adam let Nate fill in the blanks as he rested back with his hands behind his head.
good evening, misadventure.
farewell morality.
it's time for another risky venture,
into the depths of depravity.