wanted wear
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi
Took a fall from a windy height, I only knew how to hold on tight
& pray for love enough to last all night
Raising his brows, Remi tilted his head. "Us?" He asked, not knowing if that was an Outlanders, us, a Northaveners, or a he-and-Remi us.

With a sigh, feeling blanketed by a sense of disappointment, Remi nodded stiffly. "Edy grabbed me just after the meeting. I was just going to grab some tools on my way back." He said, suddenly feeling the need to defend himself. "You know Ronin, if you just wanted to spend more time together you could just say so." Remi added, trying to force lightness back into his voice but still feeling like he was making a mess of things to the point where he couldn't be trusted out alone anymore.

"Well, I suppose it is good for us both then that I like you the way you are. Noodle arms and all."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

please just don't forget me

"Us," Ronin repeated, smiling warmly and waving a hand as if to encapsulate the two of them, the guildhall, and every building and person beyond it. "I didn't mention us, funnily enough. It didn't really seem the time." Still, if Zariah thought she was going to try and reintroduce that particular rule from Northaven, she would find an irate Ronin standing in her way.

(He'd likely be squashed, but... whatever it was fine.)

The hunter softened as he recognised defensiveness in Remi's tone, Ronin leaning across to press a gentle kiss against the alchemist's hair. "I do want to spend more time with you," he agreed. "And I also want to make sure that someone isn't taking advantage of your good nature. I'm the bad officer, you're the good one. You need both to get anything done, get it? Even with my noodle arms."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
Remi felt a strange sort of thrill rush through him hearing Ronin say us again. Biting down on the smile that spread like absurd sunshine, he shrugged his shoulders as he tried to keep the bubble of laughter safely lodged in his throat. "I mean..I suppose no one needs to know." He concluded with another bubbly shrug.

Blushing as Ronin pulled away, Remi cocked his head to the side and fixed the hunter with a stare. "So if I am the brawn...I suppose that makes you the beauty." He quipped back with a grin. "Scars and muscles aside, I think Safrin might have actually made you more handsome since bringing you back." In all serious though, Remi leaned against Ronin gently. "I know we are not in Northaven anymore. I know I am not just some commoner who has to do what I am told. But...it is not so much that I forget, as it is that it is a reflex, I suppose."

Linking one of his arms through one of the noodle arms in question, Remi's fingers sought to intertwine themselves beneath Ronin's as he nodded. "So. Secret meeting in a bakery. Not what I might have picked for a second date, but here we are."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"You're right - no one needs to." Ronin smirked, shrugging his shoulders. "That doesn't mean we can't tell people, though. You're not a secret I'm keeping, Remi. And I'd hope the same could be said of me." Tipping the other man a wink, he let their fingers interlace and closed his eyes for a moment to simply enjoy Remi's presence. "I'm more than happy to be the beauty," he said, grinning. "I've been the brawn for way to long. It's nice over here, in the damsel corner."

He doubted he'd be there for long, given the current situation and his desperation to be able to stand on his own two feet again, but still. "Mm... I know what you mean. Luckily I had slipped away from acting like a baron long before Northaven, so it's easy to shy away from it. Also, did we ever have a first date, for this secret bakery to be a second?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"Never again, if I can help it." Remi said with sudden seriousness. And he meant it too; he'd had a life of secrecy back in Northaven. If there was one thing he'd refuse to compromise on now, it was this. It was Ronin. "Well, do not get too comfortable there." The alchemist added with a smirk, revelling a moment in the way his stomach flopped as the hunter's fingers tightened around his own.

Rolling his eyes and huffing with mock exasperation, Remi shook his head. "I am going to pretend that it was because you were so blissfully distracted that you do not remember telling me to pretend you had made a joke about romance and the first date, on what was presumably our first date." Shrugging his shoulders and shooting the hunter a boyish grin, Remi leaned his shoulder playfully against Ronin's, but left it there. "But this can be our first date if you like. Or not I suppose. I do not think it much matters at this point."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"Never again," Ronin agreed, giving Remi's hand a gentle squeeze as if to reassure him that he felt the same way. "And you let me enjoy my vacation here in damsel corner! I'll be back out when I'm good and ready." He chuckled, nudging his shoulder against the alchemist's. "I will be back out, I promise. Just as soon as I learn to hit a target with this stupid bow."

Raising his eyebrows, he realised that the other man was indeed right, though Ronin did snort incredulously at it. "If that was our first date then both of us are really rather shameful," he remarked, not sounding like he cared one iota.

"Oh, it matters. Neither of them are our first date. I'll take you on it though, when you least suspect. Don't you worry about that."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Remi let out an exasperated sigh, letting his eyes roll back as his head lolled emphatically against his shoulder. "Oh look, he's been a damsel for all of thirty seconds and already he is making demands." He scoffed with a rapidly-spreading grin. As for the bow? "The offer of magical arrows still stands." Remi quipped with a grin. He knew that Ronin would probably decline on principle, but having arrows that could magically hit a target could be useful, once the ex-captain's marksmanship was no longer on the line.

"Shameful?" The alchemist repeated with a laugh. "I rather enjoyed it. It was over a bit quick but.." His shoulders shrugged out a boyish gesture that quickly halted as Ronin indicated that not only was that not their first date, but that there would in fact be one. "That sounds quite ominous." Remi noted with a grin.

Biting the inside of his lip, Remi looked down for a moment at their intertwined fingers. "Why did you and Vanya never get married?" He asked casually.

Super casually.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"Isn't that what damsels do? I need a petticoat and a tower to sit in. Then I'm all set." Ronin laughed warmly, slipping his hand out of Remi's so he could slip his arm around his waist instead, holding him close. Magical arrows would be an absolute necessity at the moment, if Ronin was expected to do anything with the bow, but of course he would decline. He had been skilled enough as a brawler and he would get there as a marksman. It would just... take a little bit of time.

"Oh I thoroughly enjoyed myself, however quick it might have been. In fact I am very much looking forward to a repeat performance." The shit-eating grin was audible in Ronin's voice, the hunter tilting his head to rest it against Remi's curls. "Not ominous - exciting," he corrected absently, as though that should magically rid Remi of any suspicion.

He had not expected the question about Vanya. And especially not that particular question, Ronin staring into the glowing embers of the fire. "I thought we'd have more time," he said softly. "I always figured that Vanya would want her family to be there. We were trying to find them together." He shook his head. "So I never asked. I regret it now."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"A petticoat? Tell me again how you have left your baron days behind you." Remi teased, fitting himself easily against Ronin's side as he continued to pretend to grumble about just how difficult his damsel-counterpart was being.

Slipping his own arm about the ex-captain's waist, Remi raised a brow as a pulse of heat shot through his stomach. There would be time later (and later, and later, and later), but the alchemist couldn't help the roaring feeling of want that the hunter's words inspired in him. "Repeat mm? I hope you do not expect flower petals every time." Remi joked through cheeks suddenly flushed with colour. And it was a joke too; if Ronin wanted to fuck on a bed of rose petals everytime, Remi could damn well deliver.

"Ah. My mistake." The alchemist corrected himself with a grin.

Not able to glance at Ronin with the ex-captain's head against his curls, Remi merely tightened his fingers around his waist, nodding. "The Hali's, right.." The alchemist mused, thinking of them, how different they all were. "I am sorry that there wasn't. More time, that is." Remi said soberly, turning his head to place a lingering kiss against Ronin's forehead, before returning to regard the lion-clawed floor in front of them.

So Ronin had wanted to get married.

Good to know.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"Listen, sometimes a guy just needs a petticoat. And a tower. I've already got the dragon sorted and that's the hardest part. C'mon Remi, buck up." Ronin grinned against Remi's curls, thoroughly enjoying their imaginary tit for tat and letting his shoulders relax to simply enjoy the moment between them. Even if that moment brought back some conflicting memories. Conflicting only because of their similarities, in retrospect.

Ronin had loved Vanya fiercely - he thought he was only capable of that kind of love - and now she was gone. But then there was Remi, not in her place, no, but something else altogether. Something he got the feeling that Vanya was swooning over up in the stars even now. The thought brought him some comfort, Ronin smiling to himself and sitting up a bit to glance at the alchemist, surprised but soothed at the warm kiss to his forehead.

"Me too," he mused. "Not a mistake I ought to make again."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"Buck up?" Remi repeated with a laugh. "I would have thought becoming a star and then coming back from the dead would have been the hardest part." He added with a skeptical shrug.

Remi had never considered himself a replacement for Vanya, not in Ronin's life or Aoife's. He just...was something else, entirely. Surprisingly, the alchemist found himself profoundly sad that the hunter had never been able to marry the sea-bird. Though there were other thoughts brewing in his mind, it did seem incredibly unfair that the chance had been plucked from Ronin.

Chewing on the inside of his lip, having no words to say in response (none that he wanted to share just now, anyways), Remi merely hummed a note of agreement, the colour increasing in his cheeks as his heart beat out an insistent rhythm in his chest.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"On the contrary, Remi. Dying is remarkably easy." Ronin smirked to his friend, though he did sober a little at the reminder of just how easy it had been. "And I didn't have to do anything as a star other than fall out of the sky. Everything after that was difficult." But it had been worth it, and Ronin could and would never deny it.

For all of the talk that Ronin was the one who couldn't sit quietly, the guildmaster was surprised to find that Remi didn't have more to say about his comment. Indeed, as he gazed across at Remi it was to find him positively frozen, Ronin nudging him with a gentle elbow. "Penny for your thoughts?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Remi's smile fell away entirely as the talk of death continued. Ruffling a free hand through his curls, the alchemist bit the inside of his lip and trying to breathe through the wave of panic and grief that he could feel wanting to take root in his stomach. In the end, all Remi could do was sigh against the ex-captain.

"Oh, just.." Remi's smile turned crooked and bashful for a moment. "I just did not want you to ever think you could not speak about her, I suppose." He added with a shrug. Not untrue, of course. But not the complete truth.

Though..certain things were meant to come as a surprise, weren't they?

"I also said I was not willing to have this end, if it began, so..I suppose if you are going to plan that first date—" This was said with sudden sunniness on Remi's part, as if it really were all just some cheerful hypothetical and nothing more.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm not going anywhere, okay? I've learned my lesson about being that reckless." Ronin smiled softly, leaning in to press his lips against the alchemist's curls. "We both know neither of us are going to shy from danger, but I'm not going to put my head on the chopping block intentionally."

Arching an eyebrow and feeling his cheeks flush not with embarrassment but gratitude at the other man's comment, Ronin let out a long breath. "Thank you. I mean... I see her if I look up at the sky at night, so... I don't feel like she's as far away as she might be." He shrugged his shoulders.

Ah, but then Remi deflected with all the sunny tones and witticisms he had come to expect from the alchemist, and Ronin let it happen with a grin. "Fine," he said softly, "keep your secrets, I don't mind. In exchange, there's a first date coming your way. You won't know when or where, but be vigilant."