cut out all the ropes and let me fall
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Coiled tense as any snake, Amalia retreats from the tumult and strife, her mind a hazy, enraged blur. It is only the presence of Deimos beside her which keeps the girl from sinking down, dropping into oblivious doubt, consumed by her own anxieties. She clings to his hand like it is a lifeboat, the only think which keeps her afloat: and in a way it is, an anchor to this world, a reminder that not everything is chaos and despair. Wordlessly she leads him away, her mind too riled for coherent speech, needing to seek and move and act, even if that action is only walking, a pointless path into the dark.

By the time they reach the Ground's center the sun is beginning to fall, descending toward a far horizon which finally the girl can see. She has relaxed slightly, though not much, terror giving way to exhaustion, the stress of the day's events taking toll on body and mind. Her figure shows her fury: a leopard's tail lashes from her back, fur on her ears, claws on her feet. Through it all she holds his hand, her fingers laced between his, the starwhale draped around her neck like a scarf, a shield, a badge. She does not stop to ask him to stay- she knows he will, she has to, because in a world where she knows nothing she has to at least know him.

At last she draws to a shuffling stop, looking up in mild surprise, as though she had not realized the trail her pacing took. It makes sense, though: the Glade has ever been a haven, a place of solace in her darkest times, though her last encounter with Frey had raised no small amount of wariness in the girl. But it is the nature of this place which draws her, the divinity it has ever seemed to hold, the songs of summer and beings of old. With a gentle squeeze and a heavy sigh Amalia drops the behemoth's hand, falling to her knees before the shrine, her eyes downcast, her fists at her side, a shuddering breath exhaled from her lungs.

"Vi," she murmurs to the ground, "Mort. We could use you guidance. I... I don't know what to do."

Set immediately after the notice board ME
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Deimos was useless. She must’ve known it, must’ve sensed it, must’ve understood it. He was ineffectual in these pathways, in these intervals, where Gods lingered and toyed with mortals, brandished their wisdom upon those they deemed worthy, and scoffed at those they did not. Sometimes it was silence when he crouched before them, begging and pleading, sometimes it was mocking, an exploitation of what he was – how they didn’t like those with bloodlines infused with incantations, enchantments. He’d tried, starved for wisdom and sagacity, because he didn’t know what to do, didn’t know how to act, had hoped for safe returns of those clutching at him – and none of it had mattered.

He’d been taught to school his features into absolute nothingness, even when his heart drummed, even when it reverberated and echoed and bounded with apprehension. He didn’t want to ruin this for her. He didn’t want to be the reason none of the deities showed up, especially when she craved guidance, especially when they all wanted something to cling to in the midst and murk, in the seditious spread. His hand clutched and grasped, fingers wrapped around hers, waiting for her to realize he was worthless in these venues, in these abilities, scattered dust and mere particles of earth. “Amalia,” he tried to say, before they got too far, before he marred and bludgeoned and blemished simply because of who, of what, he was. “They will not come with me here.”

But she didn’t seem to care – her acceptance and tolerance a far greater expanse than any of the deities and celestial beings. So he tried to blend into the background when she finally broke free of him, when she pleaded to Vi and Mort, when he had no ability, no possible way, to ever know, understand, or comprehend what these creations and cosmic individuals were like.

I don’t know what to do.

Neither did he – except for the clear, ringing clarity of insurrection beating in his chest.
i'm in the mood to dissolve in the sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Whether it was Deimos' presence that prevented the arrival of any to whom Amalia called, or whether it was simply the calibre of her concerns, is unclear. Either way, the air remains still and calm, the plea unheard, ignored, or simply stored away for a later time.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
i am a light that never goes out.
She doesn’t immediately follow them, she takes her own route — winding around and around until eventually she can hear their voices. She can hear Amalia’s quiet plea to the gods (gods of which she’s never met or been in the presence of aside from the Voice) and Deimos’ quiet answer of how the gods wouldn’t show with him there. Yet the Harpy can hear the softness of his voice, the defeat, the want to please Amalia and help her in this trying time. For a moment Kiada finds herself jealous, not of Deimos but of what Amalia and Deimos have now. She loves them like parents, she’s called them her own, and yet Kiada has no one like they do.

She almost did, once twice. But that was long ago, now.

So she swallows her angst and sorrow and turns her trail toward the two of them. Approaching on soft feet, with Auni back at the Bakery, her icy gaze slips to the two of them with a quiet nod. “Do you think they’d come help?” She asks quietly, wondering if the gods of this land were like those from the worlds she’d been to already. If they were as fickle and destructive as she remembered. She assumed she wouldn’t find out now, but if Amalia called for them it was likely that she trusted them. And in turn, Kiada hesitantly trusts them too.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Nobody answers her appeal, and Amalia cannot help the rock of disappointment in her belly, the heaviness it leaves instead of relieves. Closing her eyes, the girl sighs, palms falling onto the earth beside her, head falling closer to her chest. "Please," she whispers once again, fighting tears and impotence, afraid of what the future holds. Any sign or reassurance, anything more than silence would do. Are they really so small to them, so insignificant; is the rise of magic users so prosaic to the gods who once fought such a thing?

No, she mustn't think like that- but oh, sometimes it's hard.  

At least she is not alone in her plight. A leopard's ear flicks back at the sound of Kiada, the presence of the harpy not unwelcome, affection swelling in her heart. Still she lingers on her knees, not yet willing to face the others, to demonstrate her impotence, her abandoned nature in the eyes of her god. Oh, but she rallies, as ever she does, inhaling deeply, swallowing her pain. They rely on her, as she does on them: she cannot be weak when the world is crumbling, cannot leave them behind while she drowns. Shaking her head, Amalia smiles, her alto voice back, fighting to hide the fear. "They know," she answers honestly, turning dark eyes to the sky. "They have faith in us, like we do in them."

As she says it she finds herself believing her own words, finding solace in the reassurance, bolstered by her faith. And so she finds solace in being here: surrounded by nature in the hallowed hall of gods, with loved ones at her side, her back, support built here on earth. Rising, she turns back to the pair, appreciative and affectionate, glad that she is not alone. Reaching forward, she sets he hand on the girl's shoulder, squeezing reassuringly while looking past to meet Deimos' gaze. "If we need the gods they will come. But I don't think we will. We are strong: stronger than Zariah, because we have each other."
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
He wasn’t surprised by the choking, smothering silence, the cooling plumes of defeat billowing past his ears and over Amalia’s refrains. It was normal: an interplay of nothingness, the lack of worth, the hatred, the vitriol, sputtered upon those who contained and harbored enchantments. There was always a steady reminder that they were naught: a speck of dust, a gust of wind, signifying nothing in the grand schemes, no matter how much they pushed, tore, and growled. The beast had simply come to expect and accept a lack of guidance or care upon those who lingered in the same parallels as he; but his eyes lingered on the baker, on the appealing whispers, on the desperation cloaked in her voice. He suddenly wished he wasn’t there at all, a disappointment, likely the root cause of her failure, should’ve been backing away, away, away, should’ve never arrived at her side, should’ve been something better –

He didn’t move; Kiada’s entrance was on soft footfalls, there in an instant, likely having followed them from the ridiculous antics of their latest notice board gathering. He heard her inquiry but couldn’t give anything in return: he’d never seen them, he’d never been approved by them. The only response he’d ever received was scorn or detachment, and he swallowed down any response he had chiseled. It tasted rancorous and bitter, but for whom, for what, he couldn’t say. Perhaps it was a combination of things, the echoes of the past rising and snaking down in his soul, chiseling and sculpting and carving away what little faith he’d ever had: placing it more in himself again – and even that had its limitations. The Reaper wished he had that ability, to put hope, trust, and worth into celestial beings and divinities, a sweeping acceptance and reverence, instead of constant resistance. But that wasn’t who he was or experienced.

He met both of their gazes and inhaled, chest heaving on the rise of confidence and optimism. At the very least, he could implement and whittle his convictions into future actions; with no assistance, no reeling, no hand-wringing from gods, from the cosmos. He offered very little except a small, minute smile, eager and ready to abandon the rituals and relics, just as they’d done to him. “Then we should get to work.”
i'm in the mood to dissolve in the sky
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
i am a light that never goes out.
The girl is calmed by Amalia’s certainty, the honesty in which she speaks the words. Her gods would come, or they believed they had enough power and strength between them to handle the job themselves. It’s a small thing, but something she inherently follows with a quiet nod – eyes flickering toward Deimos and his silent stature – how he had nothing to say, but that was like him. She couldn’t fault him for not having anything to add, especially after he’d acknowledged it was his fault. Yet, she shakes her head in response to Amalia and Deimos’ silent statuesque presence.

We can try again another time? I can come with you both that time – maybe it’ll be enough?” She tilts her head like the vulture within her and she immediately turns her gaze from the shrine to Deimos, as if it would help him any extra to know if they didn’t answer again with all of them there that it likely wasn’t his fault for it. But her eyes return to Amalia and she offers a quiet smile and sharp, curt nod – enough to make her dark hair swivel around her shoulders before she approaches closer and steps past Deimos to embrace Amalia should she let her.

She looked to her two best friends, then, two adoptive parents in a sense (one with far more history than Amalia knew) and caught the smile from Deimos and his quiet rumble of a voice. “We should.” She pauses, turning back to her leopardess, her protector when no one else had protected her. “I trust you Amalia. I trust that we have what it takes.” She offers quietly with a small crooked smile – a rare display from the Harpy (a smile that’s silly and not wolfish in nature) and she turns back to Deimos with a sharp gleam in her eye. “What do you say, old man?” She jests.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3