Open | A Soldier Displaced
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Staring directly at Are with his mismatched gaze, Eli inhaled. A queen? Forced conscription? What sort of world had he arrived at. It was no secret that he was a military-man, just looking at his baring and overall outlook proved it, but... this was a far cry from what he'd come from where service was strictly voluntary. He didn't like the sound of it being forced on him when he held no love or loyalty for this 'queen'. "What do you plan to do?" He asked quietly, voice low as if hushed into a whisper by the mere talk of the queen.

"And where are you going?"
It seemed inquiring minds wished to know.

Eli wasn't sure what he'd stumbled into, what cocktail of political intrigue, social conflict and brewing civil unrest he'd found himself in, but he felt uneasy by the prospect, Are however seemed a rational enough man, who could actually speak to him in language he understood. "If you have a way of avoiding this forced enlistment, enlighten me."
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
He could've lied.

He could've crafted an elaborate plan, conjured out of thin air by a mind far sharper than that of the cobbler posing as a warrior. He knew people that could, people that would, better people far more suited to whatever pathetic attempt of rebelling Are was considering. He should've lied, he owed Eli that much. A little dishonesty to give the man some semblance of understanding, feigned or not.

Yet he couldn't.

"There's no plan. Not now. When, I am unsure of." he said, averting his gaze as he admitted defeat at his own hands. Sweet true lies could reach so far, but not when not followed through with determination. Stubbornness even. Something that, for once, Are lacked.

"What I do know is that there's bigger things out there, and we need to stand united against them. Doing something brash serves only the enemy. I can't tell you what to do, but I will do what I can to make sure this does not hinder the greater good, whatever that might turn out to be."
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
Of course, no plan. Why had he even bothered, why even listen when nothing was gained. He shook his head, sneering. Perhaps this had indeed been a waste of time, although Are clearly wanted to be of help, what good did that do then he didn't. Eli merely eyed him, nodding as he got to his feet. "I have no friends or enemies here, Are. I care not what 'bigger' things there are, waiting, that doesn't help me. It doesn't -aid- me." His words came forcefully, as if each one was a punch aimed at him. He was irritated, frustrated, and exhausted. The combination of the three made for a unpleasant mixture.

"This is not my fight, I have nothing to gain, nothing to lose; I have one goal and I'm damn well going to do whatever it takes to see it through, you can be sure of that.

He marched over to his jacket which he'd unceremoniously dumped on the floor, placing it over his left shoulder.

All this was wasted time, he needed to move and there was little point talking to Are anymore.

See you around, clearly ain't going to find the help I need here. And with those final words, he wandered off towards the settlement, leaving Are behind. Though, he was sure their paths would cross again in the future, but until then, he'd make his own way.