bible black (OPEN!)

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There is a pulse in Lucas' mind. A flickering. A guide.

Beneath a layer of topsoil, should the ascended dig (kick, scuff, whatever) he would find:

A non-descript metal box, roughly 1ftx1ftx1ft. It has a latch that keeps it snuggly closed and is remarkably light. What does it do, though?
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Holy shit it had worked. No sooner had he spoken, Lucas was apparently booted somewhere to the back of his own mind to watch the show like an observer. But the Voice's presence was gone no sooner than it had appeared, leaving him clearing his throat and gazing about at the group that had tried to attack and arrest them. "I'll see it done," he muttered, just about grasping what they had asked for and waiting for them to retreat into the woods.

When they were far enough away, he let a satisfied smile curl across his lips, gazing down at himself as if unsure that he'd really pulled it off. "Well, shit," he muttered, glancing to Vynter and giving him a quick nod of acknowledgement. "Thanks for your help, I got it from here."

Then he turned to Rexanna, naturally, and tipped her a wink. "You can tell your boyfriend I helped you out of a sticky situation. I'm sure he'll love that."

However, before he could set off back towards the Hollowed Grounds, something dragged at his attention, and his boot caught on the corner of an object not quite beneath the ground. A bit of kicking and scuffing revealed the top of the box, Lucas crouching down and levering it up from the earth.

"Buried treasure, too? I'm honoured." Rolling his eyes and feeling that this, too, was likely a result of the Voice, he flicked the latch to open it up.

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

There is nothing inside.

How anti-climactic.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
she is water.
powerful enough to drown you,
She grits her teeth harder, struggling against the man that holds her down. Her fireworks are basically useless as it shoots into the underbrush and Rexanna prepares to figure out another way to fight back. She wants to beat the grin off his face, if it’s the last thing she does. But she doesn’t get a chance to, as they speak about the Voice and change their minds – letting her go. Immediately Rexanna stands and steps back, eyes darting to each of the members before they depart. She’s still confused as to which crown they serve.

She doesn’t have time to ask, not as Lucas returns to normal (what a weird thing to begin with) and she turns to him after offering Vynter a light shrug. As her eyes land on Lucas, and he flashes her a wink she huffs before patting off the dirt and debris from her clothes. “He still doesn’t even know about our rendezvous in the Underground.” She mutters, and despite it all with everything, she finds that Lucas’ company is the same as it had been before the Spire and the fall of the barrier.

Only she realizes she wishes to stay around him when he’s not clutching onto life, ready to devour.

She notices the box and strays a smidge closer to view what might be in it now that everything has calmed down. But as Lucas opens the box, she smirks lightly. “I think I’d like to meet your goddess one day.” She says, humor lacing her voice as she flashes a wink toward Lucas.
soft enough to cleanse you,
deep enough to save you
Vynter White

Age: 28 | Height: 6'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Watermel0nBob Offline
Change author:
Vynter
He missed, tumbling into the ground and rolling a few feet away. Before he could react the soldiers were dispersing, leaving only the trio to remain. Taking a moment to catch his breath he managed to stand, muscles rigid in preparation for another surprise attack. He was now covered in dirt, and shivering, having been in the cool water for too long without much warmth. He would need to find his shirt, but not before making sure everyone was okay.

Well he would have, had Lucas not thanked him for his help and seemingly dismissed him. Swallowing, he looked to Rexanna to find her offering him a simple shrug, before following the man to see what he had found in his little box. Swallowing hard, he studied the two, how they talked and reacted to one another over a simple little box. Had he just been dismissed? Were they ignoring him because they didn't think he was someone that could contribute to a conversation? (Yes, he didn't talk, but that didn't mean he couldn't communicate). Hands curled into fists at his side of their own volition, icy eyes slightly hardening, before he soon returned to his lax stance and expression.

He didn't know what came over him in that moment (anger, annoyance, irritation?), but he found he didn't like the feeling. Even if he felt it only for a moment. Swallowing the lump that had begun to fill his throat he waded the waters to grab his shirt, wiping the dirt and grass away before throwing it over his long torso. Brushing it off he looked back only for a moment at the two, silently, before disappearing into the woods and heading back to Hollow Grounds.

OOC: Vynter has left. Thanks for letting me join guys, it was fun ;D

Coding base by Sky!
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

At finding nothing in the box, the expression on Lucas's face was best described as 'haughty disgust', but he soon snapped it shut again at the sight of Vynter departing and Rexanna's quips.

"Is that so? Let me know - I'll introduce you," he purred back, smirking at her and tucking the box under his arm. Beginning to walk back now - for he had all the onyx he needed in his bag - he offered his free arm for Rex to take.

"What an odd man," he said of Vynter's departing silhouette. "And does he not? My my, dear. Keeping secrets from your beau? How exciting." Even in the darkness, Lucas's smirk was audible.

LUCAS

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
she is water.
She snorts in response to Lucas’ offer, eyes drifting from the box to Vynter’s departure. “I think you’ll have to fight Bastien over who takes me to her first.” She answers honestly, a small laugh leaving her lips — surprised to be able to shake off what had just happened. She contemplated asking Lucas about it, about the Crown, but she doesn’t have a chance to as Lucas offers his arm to her to walk back to the Hollowed Grounds and quips about secrets.

Rexanna rolls her eyes in response, but laces her arm through his anyway. “Not keeping secrets, it just hasn’t come up yet.” She says honestly — it’s true, there hasn’t been a good time to mention it, and in the times it likely was good to tell him she had forgotten about it completely. “I actually came out all this way to see if I could find him. I’m not sure where he’s gone, but perhaps with this new Crown it might explain the whereabouts.” She adds, tilting her head toward him. “Do you know anything of it?
deep enough to save you
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

"Oh? I didn't imagine he would still be loyal to the Voice. He has a habit of deciding on a whim where his piety lies," Lucas said with a gentle shrug, remembering the "church of Safrin" and how well that had gone. Either way, if his lady got her claws into Rexanna in the same way as she had Bastien, it would certainly be... an interesting transition for her.

They walked slowly together, enveloped soon enough by the Greatwood and the surrounding night. Luckily for Rexanna, Lucas's footsteps were sure and his gaze cut easily through the shadows. "You thought he had come out here, to the Greatwood?" He raised an eyebrow, glossing over her not having brought up their prior meeting. None of his business, however amusing it was.

"Actually, yes," he said, glancing back at her. "I saw him messing around at the enlistment board, just as I signed up. He was uncooperative and generally... himself. I saw some guards carting him off."

LUCAS

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
she is water.
She listens to Lucas and feels him shrug before she nods slightly with a small laugh. “He’s more loyal to her than the others.” She says easily. It’s true, Bastien has never mentioned anything bad about the Voice like he had once upon a time about Safrin. Likewise, he also didn’t go to see her as often as he had for the starry goddess. Regardless, Rexanna shrugs too and lets Lucas lead her out of the woods, her eyes far too poor in the darkness to make her way out successfully on her own.

She leans into his arm slightly as she steps, aiming to make sure she doesn’t trip and if she does she has a way to catch herself (by grabbing into the Ascended man should she need it, but so far so good). Nodding slightly in response, she doesn’t say anything to elaborate. She had checked a few other places before her mind immediately went to the outside or the barrier’s original claim. But then Lucas enlightens her, and she frowns slightly. It sounds exactly like him, and she sighs quietly through her nose. “I suppose I should go read the Notice before I break more rules I didn’t know were there.” There’s a tiny bit of humor in her voice, but she glances to Lucas sidelong. “Quite the show you put in back there. Thank you for that.
deep enough to save you
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

As defences went it wasn't the strongest, but nor was it the worst thing in the world. Lucas smirked but said nothing, wondering internally how long it would take Bastien to change alignment again if a new goddess came along. Not long, he guessed, especially if Rexanna was partial to the new deity. His fellow Ascended was wrapped around her little finger, well and truly. (And yet, here Lucas was for the second time, spending alone time with her in a sort of hidden rendezvous? How strange).

Rexanna leant into him and Lucas held her steady as they picked their way through the woodlands; indeed, he only let his arm drop back to his sides when the Outskirts rose up before them. "I very much recommend that," he quipped about the Notice Board, smirking sidelong at Rex. "As for 'the show', I can't say I've ever sone something like that before. Glad to see that it worked."

LUCAS

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
she is water.
Fate is a strange thing, pushing and pulling against people in a unique game of tug of war. And somehow, she has managed to find herself with Lucas time and time again; uncertain of how or why. Ever since the Spire, he’d been kind to her — a good ear to listen and good conversation. As apologies went, his wasn't the best, but it was an apology all the same. She steps with him, arm in arm until finally they see the lights of the Hollowed Grounds, and she removes her arm from his as he does the same. It’s not long, yet, before Lucas’ voice rumbles up.

She, too, smirks but toward him with a small shake of her head. At least in her defense she hadn’t read the notice. Lucas, however, hadn’t really had one aside from the protection and order of his goddess. She wonders what it’s like to be so close to a god — she’s had Frey’s blessing, the beauty and glow of her skin is proof enough. Yet she’s only met them twice. She makes it a point to return to a shrine if for nothing else but to thank them, however mortal it may seem.

A bubbly laugh leaves her lips at Lucas’ admission before she shrugs. “I thought you were faking it for a moment until you talked.” She admits. “Whatever you did it worked, though. Wouldn’t count on it twice. One can only be so lucky.” She offers flashing him a wink and a smirk before beginning the rest of the trek to her home.
deep enough to save you