Personal Quest rub some dirt in it
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

The height of LongHeat? Baking sun? Hot ground? Stifling air? And a bunch of people with a lot of tension to work through?

What a perfect day for some hard work.

Ronin had placed a notice on the exterior doors of the guildhall the day before:

HELP WANTED
Able bodies needed to create a training area.
Please report to the guildhall at noon tomorrow.

As the former Captain of Training in Northaven, Ronin already knew exactly what he was looking to create. And the bit of land outside the back of the guildhall was perfect for his needs. With him he had already gathered all manner of supplies, the hunter sitting on an upturned crate to see who would turn up. Sugar perched on his shoulder, breathing cool air onto the back of his neck. And he had never loved any creature more in that moment.

This is a PQ to set up some training grounds at the back of the Monster Hunters Guild! There are 3 available spaces.

1. Are
2. Jigano
3. Melita
ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
A chance for hard work and no promised pay, all in sweltering heat and with possible enemies of the "crown". Only a friend or fool would answer such a notice, and a man who deemed himself both could be found refilling his waterskin just a hair before noon. Dressed in not much more than enough to keep a modicum of decency while still not melting away, linen, and not much of it.

He still hadn't had a chance to properly introduce himself to the people he reckoned he would make common cause with more and more as the days grew shorter again. Yet, nothing for a first impression like offering a helping hand expecting nothing in return. At least it was enough of a reassurance he wasn't just pissing away another day not at his workbench or at the pell. A shake of his head and a small look to the clear skies. A little prayer for Ludo to take him good should the heat or awkwardness prove too much, then he let three heavy knocks on the guildhall door ring out.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He knew how hard it was to repair or build beneath the baking sun of Longheat. His own attempts to repair the Atheneum had been slowed by the wicked weather, but because of that he didn't feel he could leave a friend to fend for himself in it, either. Though, never let it be said that he couldn't learn the occasional new lesson...

A wheelbarrow borrowed from his own renovation site rolled and bumped cheerfully down the street as the Loreseeker approached, a keg of rainwater held within. He made his way to the Monster Hunter's Guild and offered Ronin a grin as Isuma peeked her head over the side of the wheelbarrow to Reep! a panted greeting at Sugar. The gryphlet was far too warm in her coat of feathers and fur, and quickly leapt to crouch in the shade beside Ronin's crate as her companion set the wheelbarrow down, glancing briefly to Are with a neutral expression and then back to his friend.

"The bridge wasn't fancy enough for you?" he teased, wiping sweat from his brow before replacing the broad-brimmed straw hat that looked terribly out of place on a man who usually took care to look refined. Inelegant it might have been, but it shaded his face and neck as he sauntered over to his fellow guildmaster and punster. "I've brought water for the day's work," he gestured back at the keg. "And I can help you hang things high up or haul carts if I need to." It was an oblique admission, not flaunting his abilities but acknowledging that Ronin already knew what he was, and some of what he could do, if it would be helpful that day.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824

I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
I'll love you till you call the cops on me

Help wanted was always something Melita responded to: frequently beguiled and allured to assist anyone in need. Considering this concerned the guildhall (of which she now belonged to – sounding more like a dream every instant she gave it a passing thought), she was more than happy to oblige, skipping down behind its hallowed dominion, despite the heat, despite the sultry sun (born into its depths, once christened and anointed in its bright, ebullient graces), gloves in hand. Fangorn was much the same, bounding and leaping after all, making a beeline for Sugar as soon as they wandered into the midst, hissing at the dragonling from the ground.

She’d already managed to knot the ends of her dress so they stayed out of the way, and her patience had been heightened long enough for her to braid her hair together and then pin it up, though there was always a risk it’d come flying apart the moment she instituted another series of raucous movements. As she approached the other workers, she waved to Ronin and Jigano, and the other one – tall and unknown, her chin raised up and up to glance at him and offer her greetings. “Hello! I’m Melita!” Her smile was an exuberant thing, coiled and tangled up in her energetic motives and pursuits, before she turned to Ronin. “Ready when you are! What do you need us to do?”
M e l i t a
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
if you make it all wrong then i'll make it all right
Was Remi able-bodied? Should he have been helping his friend, guild-leader, bed-sharer-and whatever else he and Ronin were, with his project? Yes.

Was he?

Well...in a way.

A lion's roar is loud, and while it certainly carries, it is perhaps not quite so moving as the joyful cackle of a child. Harnessed onto the lion's back sat the daughter of the guildmaster, starry-eyes crinkled with happiness. Used to both the lions roar, the feeling of mane tangled in her fingers, and the strange feline-gait of the creature beneath her, Aoife looked almost as if she didn't need the harness she was strapped into. On her noble steed, Aoife urged Remi forward through a series of coos and gurgles that the alchemist willingly obeyed.

~Remi isn't in this PQ, he's just lioning-about with Aoife.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

They came - whether through the guildhall doors or around the side, bathed in the LongHeat sun. Ronin nodded respectfully to Are and ushered him through to the would-be training area outside, gave a crooked grin to Melita and clapped Jigano on the shoulder. "This will not be fancy, my friend. You just wait. The water though - that will be a lifesaver."

Getting to his feet and walking to the middle of the area now that everyone was assembled (and Remi was roaring and carting his daughter around), Ronin turned and spread his hands. "Thank you for coming, all of you. As you can see, this is just a patch of dry dirt at the back of the guildhall for now. But I'm hoping to make a training grounds, for use by everyone in the Settlement."

And he couldn't deny the strange nostalgia he felt at making something he'd spent a large part of his career in Northaven cultivating. "First I need someone to get a fence up." He nodded at the gathered posts and timber and tools nearby. "I've already marked the perimeter out, they just need to be knocked into place. Second, there are a lot of old weapons donated to the guild, but they're broken or rusted. I need them to be cleaned up for use. And there's also a few hay bales about - I'm hoping to use them for target practice for arrows."

Take your pick, folks! Will it be fences, weapons or targets?

No post order!
ronypony
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Melita!" Jigano called out brightly, glad to see the fiery girl again and offering her a grin - and one for Fangorn as well, the little gourd having grown on him quite a bit. "We keep running into each other at these things!" He chuckled and turned to Ronin to hear what the Guildmaster had planned. Training Grounds had been in the announcement, but the actual details were what he'd been waiting to hear, tilting his head intently as Ronin listed their tasks.

Fence-pounding was decidedly not his forte, not with his weak little 'noodle arms' as Edy liked to call them. The hay bales might have been the easiest of the tasks at hand, but they weren't going to be an easy haul, either. That left the weapons... a dirty, tedious job, but someone had to do it, and he at least knew how to take care of steel.

"If you've got some sand and grinding stones, I'll get to work on the blades," he offered with a wry grin of his own. "Just give me a place in the shade to work, and I'll get on it!"

In fact, he stole Ronin's crate, settling in with the mish mash of weapons in various states of disrepair and a big sigh. Luckily he had Isuma beside him to cheer him along and he grinned at the gryphlet as he raised the first rusted sword and began to strop the rust from it with steady, patient strokes. "Have you met Fangorn?" he asked her, nodding towards the vampire gourd. "You should go say hello!"

Tentatively, clearly a little uncertain of this strange new friend, the gryphlet crept towards the gourd, chirruping quiet greetings as she snuck closer to investigate Melita 's companion.
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
Nodding to the people gathered as he entered, Are waited to greet them all with a short bow and instead of pleasantries busied himself with giving the area a once over. Not much of a builder, but well acquainted with hard labor he eyed the simple, but not easy, task of fencing. A glance at the others made it clear he had drawn the short straw, or at least that was how it appeared to the for once uncharacteristically quiet cobbler.

"Thanks for having us! Say, I'm not usually the inquisitive kind, but what exactly will this here field be used for, or well, by who?" Are asked Ronin as he began lugging posts and placing them at the marks.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Greetings and well wishes were passed around: her smile embracing the warmth and sundries of the halcyon moments. Though she was briefly distracted by Remi’s lion appearance and the giggling Aoife riding along, she gave a bright wave, before turning to the bard nearby. “Looks like it!” She grinned to Jigano, before placing her hands behind her back and listening raptly to Ronin’s proclamations and what he deigned to do. The youth was encouraged by the notion of a training center, a place where she could pour her heart and soul; and the tasks didn’t sound quite so bad. To be honest, she’d would’ve cherished the weapon cleaning, simply to get a look at their wares and munitions, become fascinated and rapt no matter how dirty or tarnished – things that used to slay, used to maim, used to be something to demonstrate power, prestige, and prowess. But before she had an opportunity to express her interest, it was snagged, and then the fence pounding was taken by the taller, quiet man, leaving her with the remnants: hay bales. “Targets it is!” She proclaimed with a fist pump and a salute to Ronin. The youth bent down for a moment, listening to Jigano encouraging his gryphlet to acquaint themselves with Fangorn. “Want to try?” It was a whisper, a quiet murmuring in case the gourd had no indication or want to meet with the winged creature. It seemed Isuma was just as tentative, for while Fangorn nestled his way to her ankles again, it maneuvered and crept, chirruping little greetings, giving the pumpkin a chance to peek around her presence and look somewhat curious.

The honeybee girl rolled her eyes and stepped aside, leaving them to mull and process things, while she adhered to her assignment, rolling up her sleeves, putting on her gloves, and rampaging towards the first of the hay bales. It wasn’t terribly rugged work, just enough to be awkward with a large bale at her side, but she tugged at the strings and lifted one with hushed aplomb, using this opportunity to strengthen her muscles, to coil potential in her abdomen and work on her core with some slow, methodical breaths. Once she’d lugged one to a certain area, she did the same to the next, and the next, journeying along the flattened plain. Eventually, once she’d acquired three, she stacked them, a larger, more imposing, easier target, and then, despite her arms growing a little weary, the girl continued to administer her efforts. One by one, she trickled along, sweat beading across her brow and down her neck, placing two stacked in the middle, a little farther away from the first, and then finally, a lonely little soul, the farthest back, proffering a distinct challenge to anyone who thought they were skilled with a bow. She eyed it, considering its venue, before advancing along the others.
M e l i t a

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin smiled as they all set to work, nodding encouragement and taking himself away to the corner of the area where Are was working, so that he could get to his own task. The guildmaster was building wooden frames and had a few weighty sacks with him, but what exactly he was doing was a mystery right now.

Once the frames were in place, he glanced up at the cobbler and flashed him a grin. "Looking good," he said, straightening up. "This place will be used for warriors to practice. Mostly for the hunters from the guild, but anyone will be welcome." He nodded. "Let me just check on the others, and I'll help you out with that fence."

Jogging over to Melita, the ex-captain seemed thoroughly impressed with her work. "They look great," he said, nudging her. "Over by the weapons, you'll find a pot of paint. Could you mark out some targets on the bales? Nothing complicated - just blotch some paint on so there's something specific to aim at. Once you're done, bring the paint and come find me!"

Moving next to Jigano, Ronin plucked up one of the swords, now gleaming in the light. "These are looking like new - good job." He nodded. "When you're finished, there are a few empty barrels over there. Could you organise the weapons into them? Swords, spears, blunt weapons, an arrow store and so on."

Once done with his other helpers, he returned to Are with sweat glistening on his brow. "Right," he said, "let's get this fence up."

No post order! Keep it up, guys! <3
ronypony
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Neither subtlety nor patience was the cobbler's strong suit, yet he so desperately tried to live up to virtues instilled. Keeping his tentative questions as vague as he possibly could and not rushing to the point seemed to stand in direct conflict with his need to keep control of what was coming out of his mouth. Not going of on a wildly unrelated tangent but at the same time not blurting out whatever came to mind, like what the whole royal mess had stirred up.

So he went back to work, mouth shut, driving the posts into the hard dirt with enough force to seat them and a few taps of a sledgehammer to really settle them. Looking up at Ronin as he got back, he couldn't help but but picking the brash path. "Look. Roana told me you could be trusted..." he said, voice low and exasperated. Mind grasping at words that slipped by and in their stead came only old things that had to do. "This myk... Are hissed, gesturing vaguely at the door. "A queen? An outlander even. I mean no offense, but there's gonna be trouble, just like last time, when Roana stirred up trouble at the spire. There will be people, angry people looking for somewhere to turn, someone to turn to..." he ranted on and just kind of petered out, leaving the weak statement hanging and kept working to stave off any further ramblings.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:

Ronin came over to applaud her work, and received the beam of her smile in response. Thereafter, she was tasked with other associations: painting targets. A more mischievous glimmer bristled and clawed its way along her grin, but she said naught about the ramifications behind it, nodding at his request. While Fangorn was distracted with Isuma, the honeybee girl collected the crimson pot of paint, grabbing hold, swinging it on her arm as if it were naught more than a picnic basket, before rambling back to the hay bales. Her mouth twitched in impish leagues, at first corresponding to familiar targets, stroking her paintbrush over the smallest bundle of haybales with the usual red dot, big, then building upon the outer circles. She left a little space in between each sphere, then stepped back to admire her work. The youth nodded, then continued on.

The second haybale group received a little more expression in their pictures: scrawling out pictures of animals on each, a deer in the center, a flinthopper on the other. When she moved onto the third, she dug in with relish, paintbrush flying over the three bales stacked, until each one resembled some disturbing face, caricatures of threatening adversaries and enemies, complete with fangs, massive noses, and big bulging eyes. They were no one in particular, unless an individual squinted hard enough, associated certain characteristics of those around Caido. “There!” She brushed her hands together and dropped the brush back into the bucket, tilting her head to eye the beauty of her work.
M e l i t a

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
if you make it all wrong then i'll make it all right
Growling with a white-fanged smile towards Melita, Remi and Aoife were quick to offer their support.

And by support, what it actually was was a child finger painting and a lion's fur quickly making an absolute mess of things. Still, Aoife seemed absolutely delighted to be covered in paint. Her chubby hands dipped into the wells of colour and then splashed over some of Melita's designs. For Remi's part, he would lower the tuft of his tail into a pot of paint and then try to sketch out crude stars for the arrows to aim for. Really, they looked just like blobs of white, and while the alchemist was sure he'd hear some criticism from Ronin, for now the fact that Aoife was laughing was all that mattered.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"If nothing else, we can use them as shaving mirrors now!" Jigano joked, rubbing the sweat from his forehead with a grin at the Guildmaster. The weapons weren't quite that shiny, but they were in better shape than they had been, and as usable as they were likely to get unless he took them to the forge for deeper repairs than he was likely to manage here.

"Ah, organizing, one of my favorite hobbies!" He gave Ronin a mock salute and began gathering up the fruits of his labors in the oily cloth he'd used to protect his legs with. It took a few trips, but once he had them near enough to the barrels he began sorting them as directed: swords went tip-down on one barrel, the most obvious choice. Spears, glaives, and polearms went in another, for people who might want a little more reach. Arrows were the easiest, though they were an eclectic collection of all weights and lengths that would challenge any novice archer, and after a moment's considering the bard found some string and began bundling the arrows into sheaves of a dozen, as closely matched in size and weight as he could get them.

Axes were separated by those used for chopping and those used for throwing; the latter deposited in a bucket rather than a barrel so their shorter handles could be retrieved more easily. Staffs of various lengths went into the final barrel, separated from unstrung bows by a plank of wood slipped vertically into the barrel as a makeshift divider. Standing back to admire a job well-done, he grinned and wiped the oil from his hands, then headed to the water barrel, filling his own mug and taking a long, slow drink before filling it again and ambling towards Melita to admire her artwork and offer her a drink under the Longheat sun.