Key Quest i wanna give you back the open sky
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i'll trade you this body if you set my soul free
The crackle of pain in Delah's leg makes the warrior clamp her teeth together against the sudden blaring agony. Her guards seem to feel the strain, immediately looping their arms beneath her though seemingly making no attempt to free her from the sudden rising-up of the earth.

"Release me at once" The war chief barked at Jigano, fingers immediately bleeding away to claws that were promptly ready to slice into the pythons too-pale scales. To help or no, one does not simply grab Delah Tàirneanach without permission, or at least announcing their intention.

The jaguar and her remaining guard pour their memories downwards into the soil. Lifetimes worth of radiant summers in the Greatwood, the melody of the Stonesong. Countless festivals, the brilliant darkened depths of LongNight, the fiery colours of LeafChange.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
she was afraid of heights
A voice. It fills Amalia to her soul, calls to her: the weariness, the loneliness, the sense of being lost in the dark. Tears pull at the girl's eyes; deaf to the world and its turmoils, she pushes further into the earth, her mind searching for the life buried within, so long left without the light. She knows what it is to be forgotten, abandoned, though not to the same extent. You're not alone, she avows, prays, sings with every sinew of her soul. Rae is waiting. Let us take you back to them.

And with the promise, memories: sunlight in the trees, dappling down in a winter scene. Luxere, their horns glowing with promise, coming closer to a little girl. A larger hand holding hers, her grandmother behind her, singing a song to Ludo and Mort. And then the Luxere is coaxed even nearer, eating oats from her fingers, letting her run her hands through its fur. It is one of her fondest recollections, a perfect day when the world was still good. The rest of the world fades away as she focuses in on every detail, trying to paint as vivid a picture as she possibly can, to fill it with possibility and promise.

Amalia continues to try and call to the tulmhainar, recounting her happiest memory in as much detail as she can
but she was much more afraid
of never flying

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Change author:
key quest

The air burns Deimos throat as he shouts his acknowledgement to Amalia. Somehow the big man is able to navigate through the smoky atmosphere, but not before the last remnants of his mask are eaten away by the acidic air, stinging his throat and burning his eyes.

The memories fall down into the soil like a summer's rain that only the creature below can properly appreciate, but then...

Another? It whispers with a sad smile that echoes upwards. Then it is true...I cannot leave... Understanding placates the large creature. There can only be one. Perhaps that is why Rae placed me here, in this strange place. I understand now. But I am too weak....save your memories, your stories and thoughts of love and spring evenings. I am nearly gone as it is. I do not wish to be revived merely to live inside this tomb of stone.

Ending HP
Earthen hoard thing: 39 HP
Amalia: 69
Jigano: 183
Deimos: 26
Vai: 31

Delah: 27

You have 48 hours to reply. Posting order (randomly decided) is: Jigano, Deimos, Delah, Vai, Amalia

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
The creature's words didn't make sense to the bard, who knew of the Tulmhainar only through what Amalia had told him that night in the Sidhe Village as the stars rose overhead. Delah's words, however were clear enough, and he swiftly uncoiled his tail with a pulse of apology through the Attuned link, though he kept his attention on the mind that rested beneath them still.

Is there nowhere else that you can go? the pale snake begged, feeling a flicker of panic at the thought of losing another of the ancient, wise entities that had guarded the Spire's basement for so long. No other home that can be made for you? He shifted restlessly against the vines that held him, still trying to work his way free and burrow down to lend what strength of hope and memory he could to the tragic being below.

Snake-gano tries to wriggle free of the vines and begs the Tulmhainar to consider other options
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
In all the years that Delah had been alive, there had only been one tulmhainar. One. Because there only could be one. She had thought, had hoped that perhaps the tales were wrong. But the reservation in the great creature's voice was all the confirmation she needed. Unlike Jigano, the warrior did not try to convince, merely to prolong the inevitable, if only for a short while.

Come out then....come out and see the stars, one last time...We can give you that, at least.

Delah and her warriors might not have had much magic left, but they would give all they had to show the creature the sky once more, even if it was only an illusion.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
There can be only one. Something grips Amalia then, the memory of the other one's words. Each planet can only support one. Have they truly rescued this creature, only to condemn it to die?

Can fate have been so cruel?

But... But Safrin had said she would come, that there would be hope, that rescue is possible if they can find the heartbeat, can feed it. Safrin is coming, she whispers to the earth, her mental voice eager, giving and giving every piece of her she has. Won't you come and greet her? And see the stars? And she feeds him down another perfect memory: the pod of Starwhales on a night sky, Jyoti's descent, the feeling of a shared soul, the conversation with the goddess about their quest of rescue.
of never flying

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

I am far too old for another planet... The tulmhainar replies, a pulse of appreciation rising towards the snake for his continued encouragement.

As for the stars? Safrin?

I do not believe she is able to enter this place...she has not all these years...

Softly the ground continues to shift. Delah is pulled deeper, nearly to her neck now. Around them, the earthen hovel disintegrates completely as Delah is unable to hold the magic to sustain it.

The group is now exposed to the toxic air that comes rushing into the space like a waterfall. The masks will not last long and the chaotic disruption of the air previously by Vai's control (and then cessation of) as well as the blast has made the air more than toxic.

Ending HP
Amalia: 50
Jigano: 165

Delah: 19

You have 48 hours to reply. Posting order (randomly decided) is: Jigano, Deimos, Delah, Vai, Amalia

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
If she cannot enter here, then would you be willing to rise to meet her? the snake coaxed, trying desperately to find a middle ground that would give the Tulmhainar a chance to at least see the light again one more time. We will help you, all we can. But, please, my friends and companions are hurt. How can we convince the vines and earth to release them? The poison in the air is killing them... us, he corrected with an internal wince. He had held his breath again as soon as the hovel began disintegrating, and though his scales gave him some protection from the toxins that only meant it would take him slightly longer to die.

The thrashing of his coils - or at least, the attempted thrashing - increased in desperation as he tried to tear himself free. Delah was nearly gone, but he tried to shift a section of his length to within her reach, if she was willing to grab onto him for a lifeline. Here! he offered, fear for the lives of the Fae and Amalia coloring his mental tone.

Snake-gano tries to convince the Tulmhainar to come up to meet Safrin, and asks how to free his friends while continuing to try and free himself from the vines. He offers Delah something to grab onto, if he can get a coil close enough to her reach.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Nearly unconscious now, buried with her hands below the earth such that she couldn't reach out to take the offered tail even if she wanted to, Delah closed her eyes, teeth elongating into fangs. Your pull will crush us, as the snake says. If you are to die, do not add our bodies to your grave. Even in her weakness Delah's voice is strong, commanding.

There may be no way for you to leave, to live, but do not die with your head beneath the soil. See our faces. Taste our memories. You who have shaped worlds. Do not let this be your last impression upon it.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Delah! Amalia cries, trying to reach the smaller woman, to wrap her in her arms is possible and keep her from fading into the earth. Feathers coat her skin, an attempt to keep the glasses out, to offer some level of mobility and defense. Please... Please, come out with us. You deserve to see the world one more time. Safrin is waiting, and Rae, and the stars.

From the entrance of the basement, a sudden burst of light: called down by Amalia's distress, Jyoti has at last swam down the stairs, unable to leave her bonded in danger. Lingering near the entrance, trying to avoid the worst of the smoke, the little whale sends a beam of starlight into the cavern, an anxious song echoing out.  "Jyo!" she cries, coughing as smoke fills her lungs.

Turning her attention to the tulmhainar one last time, Amalia reaches out with all the strength she has. Please, Jyoti... and my friends... They don't deserve to die. I won't let you die here alone, but please... Either come with us or let them go.

Jyoti comes to the entrance of the entrance of the cavern and sends out a star, singing. Amalia asks that the tulmhainar leave with them, or at least let Delah and Jigano go.
of never flying

Change author:
key quest

Oh The voice muses with the forgetfulness of the very old. In an instant, the vines release, pulling back within the soil. Indeed the earth itself happily spits out Delah, shoving her unceremoniously upwards which is sure to cause a good deal of pain. It is only trying to protect me. I could hardly feel you at all... The tulmhainar adds in a faraway voice.

For a moment it—she as it turns out—thinks she will simply allow herself to collapse. Already the gravity of her destruction and death grows strong. Much easier to give in, especially since there is no way out.

That is until...

The song of the starwhale reaches her, and into their minds the tulmhainar sighs as the earth begins to move. If the creature Amalia saw was meters and meters across and tall, the one that comes up from the ground is hardly a handful of feet at most. Yet the gravity surrounding it is so strong that it struggles to move, dirt and air swirling around it as it distorts the atmosphere with its presence. At once beneath the magical weight of Jyo's starlight, the tulmhainar sighs, the poisonous vapours settling upon it, as well as onto Amalia, Delah, and Jigano.

Ending HP
Amalia: 31
Jigano: 160

Delah: 7

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Freedom and the ability to stretch himself out, even in the gas, is a sweet sensation. Jyoti's calming song and sparkling starlight is even more welcome - or would be, if the python's heart didn't constrict with sudden fear for the little whale. Before he could cry out a warning, however, the Tulmhainar revealed herself from the earth, a much humbler creature than the one Amalia had described to him. Her gravity was a palpable thing, however, as was her age, and the python coiled himself before her and then bowed his head deeply in respect.

Thank you, great one, he said solemnly, noting with relief that everyone was alive and freed, though Delah looked far worse for wear. He dipped his head to her as well in respect, though he had finally, perhaps, learned not to try and give her orders - or even suggestions. I would be honored to clear the path for you, as best I can, he said to the Tulmhainar instead. Or... we would carry you, if we could he added cautiously, afraid of offending as he shared a look with Amalia, knowing she would agree. if it wouldn't be disrespectful. But I fear we are not strong enough... at least, on our own? Tentatively, unsure whether they were still wanted, he opened his mind to the Tulmhainar and offered memories of his childhood upon a foreign world, exciting summer days exploring the plains outside the city, crisp autumn cider scenting the air as he helped his mother fold bandages, cold winter evenings with rosy cheeks and the laughter of his best friend Val, as they skated around the pond while bundled up to their noses...

Snake-gano bows to the Tulmhainar and offers to either clear the way to the stairs or carry her, while offering her more memories to strengthen herself with if she is willing to accept them
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Delah speaks a name that sounds like finger splashing at water, and at once one of her guards are at her side. His hands are upon her in that moment, bleeding light and life back into her weary bones and poisoned lungs. Though it is not for her own sake that the warrior requires aid, but for the tulmhainar.

For the stars she promised.

A thousand other worlds await your arrival The warrioress says humbly. Collapsing into the arms of her guards, using their bodies so hold her up so that she can focus her efforts on her magic, Delah projects an illusion of a vast starlight sky. The cosmic radiance is only marred by the yellow gas still building and burning through the air, but the stars shine softly and provide an ample background for Jigano's other worldly memories.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Remarkably (but really, is it so remarkable?) Jyoti's song seems to work. Beneath them the ground shifts again, opening and releasing, letting them free. Amalia flies at once toward the entrance, not to leave but to capture the whale, take the small starbeam in her arms and hold her close against her chest. "It's okay," she murmurs for the calf, for herself, running light fingers in her starlit skin. "You did it. You were wonderful." The whale coos and sings her reply, relieved and happy to be united again.

When the pair turns back to the tulmhainar they find a starlit sky. Catching her breath, Amalia gasps, her dark eyes filled with wonder and light. Jyoti shimmies from her grasp, crooning happily as she dances among the illusion, adding her own starlight to the scene. She sings in a language Amalia cannot understand, but through her bond she can feel stories of galaxies and cosmic journeys, breeching in a sea of clouds.

Kneeling down before the tulmhainar, Amalia reaches out, unsure if she should touch it. "Come with us," she murmurs, smiling with joyous triumph, ardent affection in her tone. "Come outside and see the sky. We will give you our memories, our strength. Come with us. Please."
of never flying