Over the misty mountains cold [OPEN]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
remi

Circling high above, Remi looked downwards sceptically.

Rather than his pale and inquisitive pale green stare, now he wore the hardened and inscrutable amber gaze of a predator. Below all he could see was mist–even with his impressive gaze. It was mist and mist and mist. There was the bridge of course, but Remi was hardly interested in the bone-white stone that formed an impossibly physics-defying bridge. Would he ever walk over it as a man? Only if he had to.

As a hawk however, without any of the needless anxiety related to plummeting to his death, Remi could instead focus his attention on the mist itself.

It lingered despite the weather and the odd topography. There shouldnt’ be this much moisture floating in the air...and yet...here it was.

Crying out loudly just to test the limits of the echo and cadence of his cry, Remi tilted his feathered head to listen as the sound was all but dissolved by the mist below.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 27 | Height: 4'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: GlassPuzzle Offline
Change author:
MP: 360

Mimora had taken to wandering around. She was usually apathetic to pretty much everything, but the situation they were all in was just too much to sit still, even for her. And the magic was all different. She was wondering exactly how different it was, especially when it came to her own.

Her ability to feel water had been muted, but she could still sense the massive amount of mist out in the ruins. And so she headed over, deciding it would be something she could test her magic with. As she practiced pushing and pulling the mist, feeling for changes in her ability, she heard a bird screaming. She imediately hopped into a fighting stance, not sure what kind of scary birds could be out here.

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi

Though the mist seemed like a physical object in its impregnability, Remi did indeed see the young woman below. Her coppery hair stood out starkly against the pallid white landscape, but his eyes were also especially attuned to see movement.

As she struck a rather defensive stance, Remi mentally tensed. Gliding downwards and landing a few feet away, Remi gracefully shifted back into his normal body. Ruffling a hand through his hair to ensure that all the features were gone, the alchemist smiled boyishly towards the woman, realizing that he’d met her before. ”Hello again.” Remi greeted, lifting both of his palms upwards so that she could see that he meant her no harm and carried no weaponry. ”You spilled some pearls on the street once. Do you remember?” Remi’s accented voice was kind and gentle, the look on his face one of gentle joy.

Mimora

Age: 27 | Height: 4'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Change author:

The possibly scary bird turned into a human dude. One that Mimora recognized from an earlier encounter. She blinked slowly, trying to calm herself down. That's right. He had feathers when he was helping her. She never saw his full bird form. Apparently, that is what his bird form was.

"Where is your band? It's missing." was all she could say at first. And then, "Why were you screaming?" was what came next. And then she remembered her manners. "Yes, I remember you."

She tilted her head like a puppy would as she let him answer her questions.

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

Not bothered in the least by Mim’s odd conversational demeanour, Remi glanced down at his wrist where once a golden cuff used to sit. “Honestly, I do not know. When we arrived here it was gone ... I wasn’t even sure if I could still shift but–“ Shrugging his shoulders with a boyish smile, Remi continued, “–but clearly I can.”

Screaming? Ahh. Well, not quite. “Hawks don’t have a huge vocal range. I apologize if it hurt your ears.” Glancing at the mist around and below them, Remi glanced over the side of the bridge and waved a hand to indicate the near cloud-like conditions. “A friend thought me about echolocation once. I was trying to see if the sound bounced back off the mist, to see how dense it is.” Twitching his lips, the alchemist looked thoughtfully at the red head. “I am not sure how far down this canyon goes. I think a great distance, but this mist then is quite massive. I wonder if it is...natural? “

Change author:

Mimora stood there blinking slowly at the Birdman in front of her as he spoke. HIm being able to shift without the cuff was obvious now. Another odd thing about the magic going on around these parts. And then he explained about echo-locomotive or whatever it was called and how he wondered if the mist was natural or not.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the mist contains magic. Everything magical is upside down right now," she said with a sigh, then held up her magic viewing stone to peer at the mist to see if it contained magic. "This thing here will let me see if there is any or not," she explained.

"Not only has your shapechanger magic got all weird, mine is all wonked up as well. I am not sure how yet... But I do know it is different."

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

Well, upside down was certainly one way of putting it. Little did Remi know there was entirely new animal shift just waiting inside of him to be let out. But he wouldn’t find out about it today.

Tilting his head in a decidedly avian gesture as she held up the stone, the alchemist peered at the object with a mixture of reverence and wonder. Would those who had magic ever truly appreciate it, the way those who did not seemed to? Those like him? With a smile, Remi nodded as if to encourage her to peer through. “Do you see anything?” He asked eagerly, peering over the side and trying to look through the mist.

As she mentioned her own magic was mixed up as well, Remi hmmmed thoughtfully to himself. He was one of the lucky ones who retained the ability for telepathy as well as partial shifting, but there would be others who weren’t so lucky. Thus, as it was, all seemed par for the course for the shape changer.

Change author:

Mimora flinched the moment she looked through the magic viewer. "Yup... May not be able to see out of this eye for a bit," she responded, holding a hand over her eye. The mist was practically nothing but pure grey magic, and powerful stuff too. To those who were able to see it, it was painfully blinding.

"It's almost like the mist is just raw grey magic," she informed the birdman, removing the bow from her head to wrap around the one side of her face as a makeshift eyepatch. "I feel bad for those who can see magic all the time if they have to look at this," she muttered.

She noticed him looking at the stone curiously. "If it weren't blinding out here I would let you try it out. Find me later for that I guess."

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

With a concerned expression, Remi tilted his head curiously. Wouldn't be able to see out of her eye? But why? "Are you alright?" He asked immediately, his oddly accented voice punctuated by worry.

"Grey?" The alchemist murmured with a slight shrug of his shoulders. He wished Loren was here to see this, and not just because he missed the magician. Remi was fairly certain most of Loren's magic was grey...surely he would be able to discern something based on Mimora 's information?

"Are there those who can see magic?" He asked with genuine interest, having no idea at all what such a thing might be like. Her offer, if that's what it was for it sounded quite off-handed, brokered a small nod from the hawk, as he offered the small red-head an unsure smile. "Ahh...I will. Thank you." He managed, his voice polite if not slightly unsure.

Change author:

"I should be fine if I cover it," Mimora replied to his concern. "And yes. Grey magic," she added, sticking her arm out into the mist, curious to if someone could absorb it or not. "I wonder if a nonmagic user could use the mist. Like an external magic source. Or if magic items could be forged in it." she stated curiously as she pulled her hand out.

"I am not sure if people can see it without assistance. But I wouldn't be surprised if such an ability existed. Especially in this new world we were suddenly sapped into."

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

The idea that a non-magic user (such as himself for example) might be able to harness it was actually a bit terrifying. Magic had always been the gift of the upper classes, and to think that an ignorant commoner like himself could simply walk into it made him feel as though he was perhaps somewhere he shouldn't be. Watching as the woman stuck her arm out, Remi tilted his head, though couldn't discern anything happening.

"Yes...things do appear quite different here." Remi agreed with a nod. Still unsettled by the fact that the air itself might hold magic, Remi rubbed one of his hands over his arms almost nervously. "Well. I think if there is magic here, I shall let it be. It was nice to see you again."

With a polite dip of his head, Remi jumped easily from the bone bridge, his body molding into the form of a hawk which spread its wings and pulled him up and out of the misty cloud that hung around them.

Change author:

Mimora watched him morph into a bird and fly away. "It was nice seeing you too," she stated as she waved to him, wondering what it would be like to fly away like that. The magic seemed to make him nervous. She wondered why and began to wonder if her being a mage herself made him nervous too.

How many people did she make nervous just by having magic? Mimora rubbed her arms and began to walk away, suddenly self-conscious about everything.

{End Thread?}

Mimora
Every thorn has its rose