Burn but Burn Joyfully
Adam Pikely
Ex-Highwayman
Age: 28 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15
COFFEE - Mythical - Dragon (Firebreathing)
Played by: Ryan Offline
Change author:
MP:
Adam

Since his meeting with Amalia, Adam's drinking horn had mysteriously gone missing. He had put this down to himself, being too drunk and wild to keep track of things. For once, he was actually pretty pissed off at himself, not able to pass the blame for this one to anyone else. He just hoped whatever lucky asshole found the thing didn't like cider.

So since he no longer had his infinite drink, he had to go drink at the bar like everyone else. And so, with worries of the world around him falling apart once again (though through different causes this time) he found himself several drinks in and resting his chin in his hand on the bar, staring off into space. Coffee was curled up beneath his bar stool, occasionally tapping the edge of Adam's boot with his snout.

"Ugh, Coff, I think I'm in a mess." He mumbled down, a bitter taste in his mouth. He knew, he knew that this was a cycle he was stuck in and it was a bad one. Knew it when he saw the pity in Amalia's eyes and knew it when the bartenders knew him by name after only a couple of months here. But it was hard to break, when he had even less here than he did back home.

Tipping his head up to look about, he looked at the usual array of pathetic drunks and wondered if he was one of them. He'd always thought it was alright because he was special, but...No. Adam shook his head and swivelled around in his seat, taking a deep breath to try and stand up.
men, they say a lot of foolish things
And in the end the only words
I can find to believe in are mine

Please note Adam has 5 large scars across his neck and chin.

Age: 19 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 6
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:
EZRA
"Oh, honey, but what a beautiful mess you are."

So you're a bartender now.

Ok, so not a bartender. More like... you are a person who works at a bar. You are a person who works at a bar without really being paid. You are a person who works at a bar without really being paid because you know the proprietor and in this weird backwards fucking nightmare land that is basically as good as being a high-class concubine in a palace with a Lord and all the jewelry you could ever wear and all the food you could ever eat and-

-and man, you have to get out of this hellhole.

The nice thing about being a self-proclaimed bartender is that you can apply many of the same skills you used as a concubine. For example, reading people. You've developed an eye for the regulars, and an ability to provide the beverages they like, to turn on the masculinity or femininity as appreciated and keep them coming back for more. And if sometimes you leave your post early because a particularly dashing fool makes a pass at you, hey, Edy doesn't seem to give a flying fuck. Might as well live your best life, as lame as it may currently be.

Anyway. Back to the matter at hand: the handsome young regular with his dragon friend who seems ready to leave, and oh, you won't have that. Leaning your elbows on the bartop, you tilt your head toward him, hoping to get him to turn around. Or at least invite you to come with. "Where you heading, sweetheart?" you ask, your voice a purr. "Sure I can't pour you one more for the road?"
I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Adam Pikely
Ex-Highwayman
Change author:
MP:
Adam

Adam looked up, surprised, as someone (rightfully, mind you) called him beautiful. He hadn't expected a response to his words other than Coffee's vague air of tiredness and disapproval. Before him was a bartender, asking him to stay for another drink - there was something new. Usually bartenders were ushering him out, assuring him he'd had far too much already.

"Doesn't matter where I'm heading in this shithole, I'll end up back here." His voice came out more bitter than expected, but he just shrugged; the statement was true enough anyway. "...I guess one last drink can't hurt." He watched Ezra make it and zoned out for a second (his mind was beginning to do that swimmy thing where it felt like his head was floating off his shoulders) then came back to himself.

"I haven't seen you here before. Or...if I did, I forgot it. What's your name?"

Age: 19 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 6
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:
EZRA
Oh, no, but he's a sulky one, and where's the fun in that? He's also drunk as fuck, so you figure you'll give him something light, a little bit of a Virgin Mary to keep him from passing out on your bar. You do it all with impressive aplomb: the lime wedge, the ice, the orange juice, the simple syrup you've put in a vodka bottle (an old and useful trick). It is what some might call a girly drink, but boy if you haven't met some girls who could drink any hardass under the table.

"On the house, love," you croon at the man, sliding the glass toward him, raising an eyebrow at your own joke.

Leaning back onto the bar, you tilt your head, smiling winningly up at the taller man. "It's Ezra, darling. I'm a bit new here - still finding my feet." Long lashes flutter over your eyes. "You, though, I've definitely seen before. Hard to miss such a handsome fellow in a place like this. Tell me, is there a name to go with that face, or should I just keep calling you 'Tall, Dark, and Stormy?'"
I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Adam Pikely
Ex-Highwayman
Change author:
MP:
Adam

"I've never had a drink that wasn't on the house here." Adam said as he took it, too drunk to think of an actual response to the joke. He also didn't care that it was a 'girly' drink; as long as it got him drunk and tasted better than piss it was fine. Besides, plenty of 'girly' things were just fine for him: high heeled boots, make up, short skirts if he was in the mood.

Ezra was clearly an Outlander anyway (no one this exciting had grown up somewhere like Sanctuary) but his words were a confirmation. Adam nodded. "I'm new-ish." He interjected with a wave of his hand. He had arrived at the end of Deepfrost, so he supposed he had now seen half a year in Caido, which both felt correct and bizarre.

"Well I love 'tall, dark and stormy', so please call me that anyway. But I'm Adam Pikely." He winked. "Best shot in the world-" Technically true, since as far as he knew no one in this world had a gun. "-and handsomest man in this bar...well. Except for one." Miserable or not, Adam still had a natural inclination to flirt. He gave Ezra eyes that told him exactly who was the handsomest.