Looking for Samples
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
Phoebe grinned at Amalia when she mentioned wanting to try her baking. "Oh, I'm not certain I am brave enough for a professional baker to try my bakes!" she said with a light laugh. "But next time I do I will muster it up to bring you some." she said with a smile.

The smile faltered a little at Amalia's apology and she nodded a little. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

She listened to Amalia happily while she spoke of her experiences with the various deities. "Frey blessed me by showing me how the world is made up of these tiny little cells that cannot be seen by humans without aid." she said. "Remi made me a micro-lens though, which allows us to see them. It's why they asked me to try and find the cause of this blight so we can hopefully develop and antidote." she explained to Amalia. As she did so, her eyes caught sight of a small patch of ferns near the base of a tree. Some appeared healthy, others looked similar to the blighted moss they had found. "Oh! Here is another." she said, moving to crouch down by the plant. First she collected an unblighted sample and stored it away.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
The baker cannot help her rapt fascination as Phoebe spins her tale, her eyes and attention utterly transfixed by the idea of tiny cells, whatever those are, invisible to the human eye. It all seems rather far-fetched to her, incomprehensible words for a concept she has never begun to understand, never considered beginning to understand. "And these tiny... cells... are responsible for the blight?" It isn't that she doubts the midwife - if Frey has said it, it must be true.

More that... well, the idea is still utterly bizarre. It takes time for science to begin to make sense, after all.

She kneels down beside Phoebe as the girl spots another plant, reaching back into her pack to grab the gloves. Carefully Amalia grabs the blighted specimen, making sure not to touch it with skin, even limiting her contact through the glove. Plucking a leaf off, she turns toward Phoebe, depositing it in the midwife's container before rising up again. "How many more?"
don't make a shadow of yourself, always shutting out the light

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
"Well I have two theories." she said, helping Amalia carefully pack away the specimens. "The first is that there is some sort of small parasite negatively affecting the plant cells, like how people get lice or dogs get fleas. The second is there is actually a disease, that I suspect is as small as the cells or a bit smaller that is actually attacking or invading them, wounding the cells in a way." she said.

"So...not so much that cells are causing it, but that something is happening to the plant's good, natural cells." she said to try and better explain herself.

"I think this should be enough." Phoebe said, seeing that the samples were packed away. "I really appreciate you coming out with me...you know, the College doesn't have many members yet. Would you like to come help us investigate this further? You know the context of its behavior from the Fae best after all." she said with a bright grin.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
Amalia listens to the girl, still not fully understanding but interested nonetheless. "So the cells are like... tiny animals... that make up everything else? And can get fleas?" She tilts her head, hoping she's somewhere close, never having been much of a scientist or in possession of an analytical mind. "Are the fleas also cells?"

Rising with Phoebe, Amalia nods her head, a pleased flush spreading on her cheeks at the invitation of joining the research despite her obvious ignorance. Whatever the cells and science were, the mission was one sent down by the gods: of course the pious girl would agree, without question or concern. "I'd be honored." Smiling, the baker picks up her staff, starting the trek back to the Grounds, a little sadness in her heart at leaving the woods behind.
don't make a shadow of yourself, always shutting out the light

Coding base by Sky!