too timing
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Honestly the first thing that came to mind at Vai's suggestion was a sky lit up with a massive penis spanning hundreds of feet across and glowing brightly and colourfully for all to see. It made him chuckle with a decidedly inappropriate grin on his face as he shrugged and nodded. "I wonder if I will have to ask our queen permission." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh is that so?" Remi mused, leaning forward again with fingers that had become feathers. Dusting them across Felix' field of vision, the alchemist hummed softly and plucked one of the blonde feathers for the boy to play with, should his coordination be ready for that sort of thing.

Яemi

I'm holding on to all the pieces of my heart's debris, until it's time
I'll pull it together and fix myself eventually & know it's mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Fuck the queen," Vai said cheerfully, a shit-eating grin on her face as she bounced Felix on her knee - the boy began to grin widely at the attention, and the smile on his mother's lips. "Do it anyway."

She held herself still for Remi to lean over and fuss the baby, her smile much more genuine as she watched him. "You're very good with children," she remarked. "No wonder Aoife loves you so much." As for Felix, his big hazel eyes lit up at the sight of the feathers, and he clutched the one offered in a chubby fist, waving it about and rubbing it against his cheek.

Then he stuffed it straight in his mouth. Obviously.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Ahh yes. Cold bars, stone walls...just like how I imagined my wedding night to be. And being chained up, of course." Remi agreed, shooting the witch a crooked grin.

The alchemist hummed a note that was almost sad, but then resolved itself into something more cheerful. "They can sense what a push over I am." He suggested with a chuckle. Crinkling his nose as his feather was eaten, Remi offered Vai and apologetic smile. "It was clean. I promise."

Deciding that clean or not, plumage was probably not the best chew-toy, Remi created in his hands a small wooden rattle in the shape of a star. Offering it to the boy hopefully as a trade, he'd snag away the feather if he could.

Яemi

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

"As if cold bars, stone walls and chains could ever keep you from anything," Vai said with a smirk, reaching across to muss up his hair as if to remind him that he could basically magician his way out of any situation these days. "It's just a thought. I think Ronin won't care, as long as it comes from you and it comes from the heart." She shrugged.

Felix was a fair merchant, and he accepted the interesting rattle for the now mangled feather, though Remi would get the plumage back coated in a thick layer of drool. (Duh). Vai giggled to herself, cuddling the boy close as he waved the rattle about and gurgled to her.

"Thank you," she said, "for coming to visit us. It means more than you know."

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Though Remi crinkled his nose in a gesture of contempt for the mussing of his curls, his wide smile indicated otherwise as did the gentle laughter that followed. "Time will tell." The alchemist said with a shrug. He knew he didn't need to impress Ronin or win him over...but that was probably why he wanted to all the more. Because the hunter deserved it, and the alchemist wanted that (and more) for him.

"You are welcome." Remi replied, a hesitation smile reminiscent of his earlier apology creeping across his face. "So what is next for the two of you? With Zariah making an army out of farmers, I assume the infirmary is about to be clogged with sword wounds and other training injuries."

Яemi

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

"Mm, it always does." Vai agreed, lifting Felix into the air as he flailed his little rattle around and bringing him close to shower him with kisses. He was a sweet boy, which made no sense given his parents. Still, that was even more reason for Vai to enjoy it all while it lasted. "Huh? The two of us? Same as usual, I think. He's far too small for me to go and explore the woods outside the barrier. But given time and perhaps I'll make a little hunter of him as well." She winked, kissing Felix's curls.

Her smile faded at the mention of the infirmary, the witch glancing across at Remi and offering a small shake of her head. "It reminds me of Northaven. I suppose, though, that there is no choice but to keep doing what we are doing."

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

'I am almost sure of it." Remi agreed with a wink. He could just imagine Felix all grown up, perhaps with magic or a shift of his own, stalking through the grasses with Vai close behind whispering words of encouragement and lessons that she was trying to impart unto him.

"I know what you mean." He echoed, rising to add more leaves and water to his cup and holding out a hand to take Vai's cup if she'd like him to do the same with hers. "There was a meeting about her, you know. It felt very Northavenish. I remember hearing dissent from Koel in the Tempest Tavern back in the day. This lot has nothing on him though." Remi added with a wry grin, shaking his head.

And so, in a hushed voice as if there might indeed be ears listening out here, Remi filled Vai in on what he knew, what had happened and perhaps more importantly, what hadn't. Soon though the afternoon faded and Remi found himself once again cooking with the witch, fussing with Felix while she did the dishes, and then eventually seeing himself out feeling loved and fulfilled.

~FIN

Яemi