Buried
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe's demenor was almost always bright and sunshiny or calm and soothing. But what she expressed didn't always match her internal strife. She still grieved her baby in her quiet way. Now she added her heartbreak over Emmett on top of it. This in addition to her general worries and anxieties over all of the politics and bloodfeuds and not feeling she belonged anywhere with anyone led her to the one thing she felt she could control - her work.

She had spent most of the day cleaning the clinic, and prepping a few meals, especially now that she had a tenant there. Then she made her rounds, tending to her clients, then stopped at the college to do some studying. For hours she poured over her micro-lens, gazing at the cells, drawing them in detail, writing notes about thibgs she saw occur within them - theorizing what it all meant and its implications. The shadows of the afternoon grew long and gave way to night, and still she studied, hanging pictures around her, jotting more observations, scouring books for any hints that anyone before her perhaps knew about these cells.

Her wish to forget pushed her right to the ends of her stamina. Her eyes drooped closed, having long since forgotten the hour or how her stomach protested for food, and her face pressed to the notes she was writing. Surrounded by her research, she gave in to exhaustion, asleep on the desk.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eli
It'd gotten late... too late, Eli had been laying down on the bed, reading quietly, a book about basic suturing, it was always good to brush up on the basics of course, when he'd realised... Phoebe wasn't back, she'd not come through the door or anything, it'd finally gotten dark, the moon was fully overhead and the cold night air had settled in completely and yet, she simply wasn't here. He'd made the conscious decision to go and find her, she didn't strike Eli as the type to actually fend for herself all too well, and he'd noticed how dangerous the Hollowed Grounds could be, especially during his late night runs.

So here we was, striding through the cobbled streets, looking for her, retracing the steps she took to get back from the College, he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary, a couple of drunken men singing on a stone wall, a few late night vagabonds roaming the streets but nothing to suggest a scuffle or disturbance of anything kind.

Finally he made it to the side door of the College, having looked at every darkened corner or down every alley, he was now here. It was the last place could think off, so he tried the door, opening it and stepping through into the complex, he started on the ground floor, moving through what open doors he could find, having no luck at all, he journeyed upward, finally approaching one of the labs he'd seen earlier, he looked around the frame, finding the door already open, and cautiously he stepped through, almost immediately spotting her, head on the desk, asleep. He frowned, giving a shake of his head, he walked over to her, stopping just beside her. "Phoebe, wake up. Come on missy, wake up." he said, voice raised slightly, words stern and rigid to get her attention.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." - If you want peace, prepare for war.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe startled awake, jumping and a high pitched 'Eep!' escaping her lips. She looked around, wide eyed, confused. Where was she? Why was it so dark? She rubbed her eyes, realizing then where she was. The College, in the lab. She had been studying and...did she fall asleep? She looked up towards the sound she had heard, eyes half lidded with tiredness that had yet to wear off.

Eli? Oh! Eli!

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry I must've fallen asleep while I was studying. I didn't even have dinner made, let me just pick up quickly and I'll go do that." she said quickly, standing and starting to gather her plethora of notes and drawings. Her expression made clear guilt, feeling badly for having been so wrapped up she forgot about other responsibilities.
Until you've crossed
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Eli
He eyed her a little amused by her suddenness that she seemed to wake up, as if she'd never expected to even fall asleep, though he doubted she had. He raised a brow, a little questioning. Prepare dinner? It was surely gone midnight, he'd already made himself food and she... wanted to cook? He narrowed his eyes a little, sort of semi-laughing. "What are you on about? I made food myself, poorly, but I did, why the hell would you need to cook and at this time?" he asked, tilting his head a little as she scrambled to get ready and get out. "Hey, hey slow down. We can go when you're ready, don't need to be rushing, I just came to see where you were."

He reached a hand out to place on her shoulder, trying to calm her down just a little so she didn't rush about like she was late for the most important meeting of her life, he simply couldn't understand what was wrong.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe looked up and blinked at him, eyes wide with confusion. "What time is it?" she asked innocently. Clearly she had no concept of how long she had been gone. Yes it was night but...certainly not long passed sunset?! But then his other statement set in and she stilled, openly staring. "You....you cooked for yourself?" she said, gaping at him openly. He...he cooked? She clearly couldn't believe it.

But as she tried to continue rushing, he placed a hand on her shoulder. She glanced at his hand then up at him, cheeks blushing a bit. "Sorry... I assumed you were angry with me." she said quietly, still collecting her things but at a less frenzied pace.
Until you've crossed
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
"Around midnight I reckon, couldn't give you an exact time." he said, looking a little perplexed by her surprised that he cooked. He squeezed her shoulder just that little bit, raising a brow at her words, why would he be angry with her? Because she wasn't home or because she didn't cook? He was a little unsure as to why or what for, but he exhaled giving a shake of his head. "You'd know if I was mad at you- though why wouldn't I cook, I ain't crippled, I'll make something for you if you want, can't say it'll be much good, or even great but, looks like you could do with some food." he said to her, the offer seemingly genuine in nature and he offered her a reassuring smile, though only a small one.

Running his thumb along her shoulder softly he pulled his hand away, now folding them across his chest, his left hand gripping his right upper arm as the right one went to his side just under his armpit, a seemingly comfortable position no doubt.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Midnight?!" she said in shock, looking at him wide eyed again. No wonder he had come looking for her! "I'm so sorry you came all the way out here just for me." she said, feeling guilty. Though, it dis warm her heart a bit to think that maybe he had worried about her - why else would he have bothered to come out after all?

His question did catch her a bit off guard though and ahe bit her lip. "I just...I don't think I've known many men that would do that. Even when...even when Emmett was around he didn't really ever eat meals just...whatever he could pull together. Or a bunch of eggs." she said quietly. It just...was odd to her. Something she hadn't experienced before or expected. "Plus I have been doing the cooking because you're my guest and I ought ro be hospitible."

She glanced at his hand, surprised by how gentle he was. Phoebe gave him a small smile, gathering her books into a stack. "Oh no, don't worry about me. Won't be the fiest or last time I skip a meal." she said. She refocused on her work as he pulled his hand away, stacking the books and putting some in a bag to take with her. "I really am sorry about this. I guess I just...wanted to get a little buried in my work for a bit." she said quietly.
Until you've crossed