God Quest Treats and Toys
Item Quest Completion
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
This is turning in my item quest!

As instructed, Roana arrived at the glade shrine at dawn. With her she brought many things. The first two were offerings. One was a rather intricate toy that Rhett and Cormac had helped her make out of wood pieces that included two figurines who – through mechanical means that Rhett somehow managed to figure out – would punch each other’s heads when buttons were pressed, and the loser of the bout’s figurine head would fall off, attached only by a string so it could be replaced and played again. The second was a little box of iced sugar cookies that Jax had made, clearly intended to look like Ludo. Some of the cookies clearly had mom’s help, the black shape of the rags clearly defined from the mask, others were completely 6-year old black blobs with big white dots in the middle. All were delicious though.

The other objects she brought were those requested by the deity. The silver ring and vial of Ascended blood carefully stored away in their own bag.

Roana set the offerings to Ludo on the shrine, tilting her head before calling out to them. ”Ludo, as you have asked, I come to the shrine with the necessary items for the object I seek, as well as gifts for you.”
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

"Ooooooo."

The ragged deity was obviously pleased - one minute the glade was empty, the next it was simply there, drifting down before the offerings to admire them. Roana would notice the cookies disappear mysteriously beneath its rags, Ludo clearly squirrelling them away for later... consumption? Observation? Who knew.

The figurines, though... It snagged them up in two tendrils of fabric so it could mime them fighting each other. Only once it was finished did it realise that Roana had come for a reason, Ludo tucking them away and bobbing its masked head. "I like this very much," it said, before peering over the vial of fluid and the silver ring.

"Yes, this will work," it said, the items rising into the air before it. "Step back please."

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ROANA
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
Roana smiled as Ludo appeared, the, ’oooo’ noise they made reminiscent of a child seeing a shiny new toy – which in fact they were. ”Hello again, Ludo.” she said in greeting to the soul guide. Soon enough the box of cookies had vanished into the rags, and the god played with the fighting figurines. ”If ever you wish to play that with someone, I’d be happy to.” Roana said, knowing that her boys at least always got quite a kick out of making it a ‘real fight’. If it would keep the god happy – a god whose soul seemed quite young despite their actual age – she would happily play with the toy with them.

”I am glad you like the offerings. My sons helped me make them – I will tell them you are pleased.” she said with a nod.

Then she offered up the ring and vial of fluid for Ludo to inspect. When they confirmed the items worthy of use, she released a breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding. Good! With a nod she took a few steps back, staying well out of the way of whatever Ludo was about to do, and on alert just in case she needed to duck or dodge.
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

"Your sons are talented inventors. May you nurture the gift that buds and blooms within them." Ludo ducked its masked head in a nod, rags writhing about it like a dark halo. The fabric fluttered here and there, where it had just tucked away the figurines, but now was not the time for play, so it resisted the urge to get the toys back out. No, there was much to do and to achieve, and Roana had brought the items it requested.

As the warrior stepped back, the ring and the vial floated high into the air. The cork unstopped itself, the clear fluid extracting from the glass as the silver began to spin rapidly. Ludo tilted its mask up towards the dawn, and just as its light hit the two objects, they merged together in a spinning, rolling dance.

A sound like the peal of a bell. A sharp snap. A flare of white, crackling light... and it was done.

The object lowered to hover before Roana; a silver ring marbled through with streaks of light, which pulsed gently in the warmth of the dawn. "There," Ludo said. "Take it, Roana Steadman. May you use it well, and may it aid you in your fight."

Congratulations on completing the item quest! Roana has received:

Eclipse Ring | A silver ring marbled through with an eerie light. When worn, any Ascended within 5ft of the wearer will lose their enhanced senses and speed. {OOC Note: May be used for a maximum of 3 posts per thread.}
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own