Personal Quest From the Ashes, part 2
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It had taken two days of steady work to clear the hole in the side of the Atheneum of rubble, stacking the usable stonework and salvageable timbers into roughly sorted piles both inside and out, for the third phase of the project.

It had taken a few more days for the rough-edged rubble to be transmuted and reshaped into smooth-sided blocks, and for more wood to start being delivered, in carts often pulled by Rory's ponies. Even more materials would be repaired and arrive as Jigano called in favors and promised more to others, trading on the good will he had spent almost a full year building up. His clever tongue coaxed and cajoled, reminding people that this project was to improve their settlement, to provide shelter for any who needed to seek it - especially during Long Night - and to protect their friends and family members who occasionally - or often - found themselves among the broken grandeur of the domed building.

Now the day had come to start rebuilding the wall to close the great hole in the side of the building, to keep the weather and animals out, and preserve the books - and the people! - within. It was an undertaking even larger than the previous efforts to clear the rubble, and Jigano had sent out word to the Loreseekers and those who had helped previously - Melita , Rory , and Caiside , as well as the new carpenter Sascha - in the hopes they would be willing to return for the next phase of the project he had set in motion the week before.

Crates of nails and simple hammers and saws were stacked neatly on both the inside and outside of the missing stretch of building, the work of smiths and creation magic both, and planks of wood, roughly finished and cut, had been piled high in the shade beside the stonework, much already reshaped into usable uniformity, though some still in the process of being smoothed and squared. A few townsfolk had already arrived, pulling on gloves and eyeing the task ahead with some trepidation at the size of it, while the Provost of the Loreseekers leaned over an unrolled architectural diagram, studying it while he waited for a few more volunteers to arrive.

This is a PQ to rebuild the wall/ceiling to keep the weather out of the Atheneum, now that the rubble has been cleared out of the way! Anyone is welcome to join, whether or not you were involved in part 1.

1. Rory
2. Amalia
3. Melita
4. Sascha
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
Sascha had gotten the word and it didn't take him more then a second to decide to help out. For one it was Jigano who had asked for help and gods knew Sascha was very grateful for him helping Sascha out so there was no way he would say no. And second; It also helped the settlement which also was something that was obvious that Sascha would help out with. Win win situation to say the least. At least for someone named Sascha. So when the time arrived to go and help out he strapped his waterbag in his belt and started walking towards the location. It was still very confusing to find his way in this settlement but it showed to be easy enough thank the gods. It only took one wrong turn and correction before he spotted the place where people was gathering and reached the spot without much hustle at all.

Sascha was dressed in what closest could be described as a white tanktop considering how warm it was outside in combination with some thinner fabric pants and sturdy shoes. He didn't know exactly how though this would be but he didn't really care since he was gonna do his very best after all. He might not be the strongest person for the job but he had skills so he was sure he could make himself useful. Well at the spot he looked around with a smile at the people while at the same time he looked around for where Jgano might be hiding.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824

I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
I'll love you till you call the cops on me

Melita came with her gloves already on, determined to work in her steadfast, stalwart cooperation. Fangorn, having been a noteworthy assistant in tending to surprise insects, bounded behind. Her wounds had managed to heal on Rory’s advice and thankfully, some tending inhabitants who had acquired the necessary herb and salve. She’d also braided her hair back today, so poor Caiside wouldn’t have to commit to it again, with some amount of patience, dress already knotted at her knees, and a canteen in her grasp. At the very least, she’d learned from the last tasks. She’d might’ve been born into the sun’s threshold, land, and patron sanction, but it didn’t mean she wasn’t effected by the weight of its might or brutality either.

The pair leapt within the hall together: endless, fervent energy and zest despite the heat; eyes peeling for other occupants. She waved to several townsfolk she recognized from their prior work, a genuine, resplendent smile tucked along her cheeks, before gallivanting further and further, following the sights and sounds of work. “Hello!” The youth called as they came closer and closer, as her gilded gaze searched along pockets and roughly scrutinized latest endeavors and work, but mostly looking for Jigano. Instead, she came upon another stranger, and since it had gone well with Caiside last time (automatically assuming he was a lifelong friend), she approached Sascha, amiable and delighted, hands tucked behind her back, Fangorn ambling along at her ankles. “I’m Melita! Are you here to help?”
M e l i t a
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
Rory had helped out with the renovation process as much as he could, still having to devote some time to safeguard his farm and crops from Flinthopper fires, tending to his animals, and the like. But what time wasn't taken up by the bare bones of his own life he spent at the Atheneum, bringing his ponies and toiling among the rest of the townsfolk.

That morning Rory arrived, hitching Talys and Esaia outside, his leather work gloves stuck down his belt. He nodded and exchanged greetings with those he knew, waving to Melita (who was busy talking to someone Rory didn't recognize) and motioning questioningly to his own hand—silently asking if her hands were okay. Then he went past them, finding Jigano bent over his diagram.

"Got a plan?" Rory asked, not doubting that he did, and propped his ass on the table's edge as he waited for the work to begin.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia shows up late, having gotten caught up with bakery work which needed completion before she could take up the mantle of Loreseeker. She had seen the results of the day before, amazed and delighted to see her Atheneum begin to re-gain its shape and glory. Jigano's attention to the ancient building warms her heart more than she can say: it is wonderful to know it has a true caretaker again, a better person for the job than a girl who does not know what she is doing.

But she is still determined to help in some way, so she shows up the next day laden with snacks, gowned in work clothes and barefoot in the summer heat, her long hair braided back and coiled atop her head. There are familiar faces, and Amalia smiles brightly at Melita in greeting before going over to Jigano and Rory, settling in atop the table at the abandoned's side. "Ready for work!" she announces brightly, grinning conspiratorially at Rory as Jyoti trills fondly to Jigano, looking for Isuma and Fangorn for play. "Lead us on, captain!"
a m a l i a
You were young and you'd stare With a reverence unimpaired
Searching in your dark eyes to find the stars already there

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Isuma fluttered down from atop a nearby bookshelf, reeping! her happy greeting to Fangorn and Jyoti both, and bouncing around them as she tried to coax them into a game of hide-and-seek among the Atheneum’s shelves while the humans worked.

The last check of the plans was interrupted in the best possible way: a familiar voice (and ass) appearing beside the blueprints. Jigano straightened to grin at Rory with a wink. ”Always,” he assured him cavalierly, making a mental note to give his partner a more thorough ‘thank you’ later. Any thoughts in that direction were derailed by the appearance of Amalia at the hunter’s side, and the bard laughed at his sudden promotion. ”As my lady commands!” he agreed, with a sweeping, courtly bow for the talented baker.

When he rose he looked over those gathered, his heart swelling with pride at the number of people who had answered his call for assistance in repairing the grand old building. Seeing Sascha and Melita nearby he waved them over to join him, his smile of greeting both grateful and excited. ”Hello! Sascha, Melita, this is Rory and Amalia,” he introduced his friends, in case any of them hadn’t met before. Then he turned to include the gathered townsfolk in his address, gesturing to the supplies as he spoke.

”Our first tasks are threefold,” he began, meeting each person’s eyes with a nod and a smile to acknowledge them personally with gratitude for coming. ”So please, each go where you feel you can be the most help, or have ability best suited to what we need. First, there are still large pieces of fallen stonework that need to be broken apart and shaped into usable, smooth-sided pieces, either with magic or with hammers and chisels.” He nodded towards the piles of roughly broken rubble that had been moved out of the way both inside and outside of the hole in the side of the building.

”We also need strong hands and backs to begin laying the first levels of dressed stones, with pulleys and wheelbarrows to assist with the larger pieces.” He gestured towards the large piles of square and rectangular stones of sizes ranging from middling to big enough to require four men or a pulley to lift. ”And clever hands to mix and lay the mortar between them.” Ingredients and troughs for that were already laid out beside the wall, the first batch just being finished by a brawny older woman who looked cut from granite herself.

”Lastly, we will need to start construction on a scaffold and ramp to help us as the repairs begin to rise higher.” He pointed to the piles of wood and metal fittings. ”Those with carpentry skills,” he nodded to Sascha, ”would be of great help on that task. Please, when you are ready head to where you want to work, and let’s see how much we can do if we work together!” With a final wave the Provost stepped back, releasing the townsfolk to break into smaller groups and begin moving towards the different workstations with excited chatter.

Jigano headed towards the mortar troughs, pulling on a pair of gloves and collecting a trowel to spread the mortar on the stones as others began to lay the first fresh stones above the broken section into place.

The reconstruction begins! This phase will last a few hours. What task does your character choose, and how do they go about doing it? Characters can double up on tasks, and not all tasks need to be filled by PCs; NPCs will help fill in for tasks like transmuting stone or hauling it for placement.

No posting order this round!

PQ will update when everyone has posted or within 3 days, whichever comes first.
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Age: 28 | Height: 175 cm (5'7) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sascha had turned around to notice Melita and a friendly smile spread over his face as he nodded in response to the question. He was still so new that he didn't really recognize anyone at this site except for a few people he just had seen around town so that someone took the time to greet him was welcomed! He looked at the woman kindly before replying with more then just a nod. "Yes, Jigano asked for me to help which made me happy and here i am!" He chirped, clearly in a very good mood even though he had feelings of panic lurking inside of him. Not panic over the work to come though but panic in general. He was good enough to only focus on what he was doing right now after all. "Nice to meet you Melita, my name is Sascha!"

He spotted Jigano waving them over an replied with a happy wave before looking at Melita again with a smile to be sure she followed him over to the spot they were summoned to. Well there he took the greeting to heart and listened to the introductions given to him before replying with a always so happy "Hello there!". It wasnt very often he was a unhappy person, at least not in public and he was always happy to meet new people to so this was a win/win situation for him. He then listened to the speech that followed, resting his weigth on the right leg when doing so.

He listen to his job and nodded slightly as he got what he was supposed to do before he gave the company a smile and started moving towards the wood to start creating the scaffolding, trying to tell himself it needed to work and to lay the pretty astethic on the shelf for now. It was litterally not a situation where it needed to be pretty right?
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824

I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
I'll love you till you call the cops on me

Melita’s amiability and wide, open smiles continued, listening to Sascha as they introduced themselves, chipper and keen as well, energetic and fervent at the ability to help and assist all over again. “Best of luck to you, Sascha!” Then she winked, and skipped along to where they were being heralded, waving her hands back up to Rory to indicate her hands were fine, for the present, catching Amalia’s eye with a winsome grin too. She was surrounded by friends, and it was a blissful, wondrous feeling – made her eager, made her yearn to scratch below the surface and dig into whatever Jigano orchestrated; capable of anything and everything.

She listened, intending to grab hold of the situation that suited her best – she’d lugged and tugged rubble and ruin and rock the last interval, with some amount of luck (and lacking in others; the spider bites were healing nicely and the scratches, bumps, and bruises had been relatively minimal). Clever hands mixing and laying mortar sounded relatively fun and amusing – her gaze swinging over to the woman with their ingredients and troughs lying in wait. She ghosted along towards Amalia, whispering in her ear, like shared secrets and conspiracies, a wry smirk composed along her lips. “Want to be demons of the mortar?” Then, without further ado, she saluted the bard, and skipped along to the area, rolling up her sleeves, while Fangorn occupied himself with Isuma and Jyoti, coaxing them forward in a hissing, growling barrage. “What would you like us to do first?” She inquired towards the inhabitant, the same bright candor enraptured across her features.

--

Melita chooses to help mix the mortar!
M e l i t a
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
There were things Rory wished he was brave enough to do in that moment, when Jigano winked at him. Things like: reply something fond and possessive, or reach out to catch Jigano's chin and boldly kiss him over the blueprints, without a care that anyone could see or hear.

But neither of them were creatures of explicit public displays of affection, and Rory was still learning what made them tick and what wasn't alright, so instead he just laughed warmly at Amalia and first gave her a friendly elbow-nudge in the ribs, and then a content half-hug.

Jigano called them to action and Rory dutifully got off the table, listening to the instructions and responding to the introductions by giving Sascha a wave. He was pleased to note that Melita's hands were doing alright, and hopefully they wouldn't see a reemergence of the spiders today.

He remained where he was for a while, considering what would suit him best—used to heavy labor he might be, but he wasn't the strongest man (or woman) around. Rory was built to endure, not lift rocks, so in the end he sauntered after the happy-looking Sascha towards the wooden supplies.

Rory pulled on his work gloves and then set to work with the scaffolding. He wasn't a carpenter or even a woodsman but he had done his fair share of woodwork repairs, so he had a decent grasp of the material and a pretty solid understanding of how the scaffolding should work, but he was mindful and attentive to any directions coming from Sascha, as the man obviously had more experience and knowledge about it.

[ Rory helps Sascha with the scaffolding! ]
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
It is fun and easy to fall in among friends, and Amalia smiles as Jigano lays out instructions, listening absently to each of the jobs. None are particularly within her wheelhouse of skills - there is no baking listed among them - but she figures she could likely accomplish something, or at least not get too much in the way.

Melita's grin is infectious, and the baker returns her glee with a mischievous glint, tilting her head in easy camaraderie with the younger girl. Slipping off the table with Rory, she whispers back in the redhead's ear: "Demon queens of the mortar, you mean." A hand passes before her face, a mockery of the basket masks, and she attempts to affect a fearsome visage, letting the owl form into her eyes, a ring of feathers among her hair. Then she shakes her head, and the mask is gone, replaced once more by Amalia.

Following Melita, she lets the vibrant girl do the talking, a slight nod passed to the woman at her work. Jyoti, meanwhile, attempts to entertain her friends, creating a miniature nebula of starlight, constellations for them to play among.
a m a l i a
You were young and you'd stare With a reverence unimpaired
Searching in your dark eyes to find the stars already there

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
With the mortaring in Amalia and Melita ‘s capable hands, Jigano had gone to join the crew shifting the stone into place. Andira, the mason who had prepared the first batch of mortar, showed the ‘demon queens’ the trick of applying it with trowel and mortarboard – no easy task, given the width of the wall and the size of the stone blocks! But the very size and weight of them meant that the mortar was more for filling cracks than stability, and they were able to lay the mortar quickly. Amalia took to the task with an ease that earned Andira’s nod and grudging respect, managing to lay clean lines of mortar while keeping herself clean as well. Melita applied the mortar with more enthusiasm than skill, though, and soon found herself wearing more than a bit of the gritty goop as she spread it into place just ahead of the next stone being shifted into position.

Sascha and Rory were joined by several other townsfolk to construct the scaffolding, a simple but sturdy structure with a narrow ramp for wheelbarrows to be brought up with heavy blocks of stone as the wall began to rise. Sascha suffered a few bumps and scrapes from the planks and poles as they maneuvered them into position, and would feel the Longheat warmth affecting him even in the shade of the building. Rory was more prepared for the heat, and was able to work steadily under Sascha’s direction as those with carpentry and wordworking skills pitched in beside them. It took several hours of fast-paced work, but they managed to keep pace with the masons and mortarers who were laying the stone.

Though many of the stones could be loaded into carts or wheelbarrows and trundled up the rising scaffolding as the wall rose to head height - and then double that again – it soon became clear that the larger blocks were too big to go up that route. Jigano paused to wipe sweat from his brow and study the problem, going to consult Andira as she mixed more mortar. They parted with a nod and he called a break for lunch, waiting until water and sandwiches had been handed out before he spoke to them.

”We’re going to need to create a pulley system to get the larger blocks raised,” he explained. ”And for that, I’m going to need everyone’s help. Sascha, can you make a small platform with railings, please?” he asked the cheerful young carpenter. ”Light, but sturdy. Then Amalia, we’ll need to fly a pair of ropes up to the ceiling supports. We’ll be able to hoist the platform up to the unbroken side of the ceiling with those.” He turned to Melita with a grin. ”Then it’s your turn. Someone strong will need to bore three anchors into the stonework up there for the pulleys to attach to, but be careful not to weaken the stones in the process.” He handed her a hammer and star drill for when the time came. ”And Rory…” If his smile was a little warmer, and his eyes a little brighter when he turned his attention on the blond man, could anyone blame him? ”Once the pulleys are set up, could you harness your animals to it, to provide the lifting power? You’ll be in charge of getting it running, once it’s in place.”

The wall is going up at record speed thanks to you!

Sascha struggles with the heat!
Rory shrugs off the heat!
Amalia avoids making a mess with the mortar, and proves to be adept at it!
Melita makes a small mess with the mortar!

In order to get the bigger stone blocks higher up, you need to work together to assemble and install a pulley system! How will you handle your new tasks?

Posting order:
1. Sascha
2. Amalia
3. Jigano
4. Melita
5. Rory
Sascha Bach
Carpenter

Change author:
Even though Sascha was severly struggling with the burning heat he still worked on in a steady pace, not forgetting to consume alot of water to make sure he wouldn't be the first victim of overheated passing out. He had had alot of problems with passing out from heat in his teens and he couldn't help to feel he would be incredibly embaressed if he all of a sudden lost consciousness. Still though.. the warmth tore at his skin and he felt more like a sweaty mess the longer they all worked. He didn't wanna disappoint Jigano though so he made sure to work as fast as he could to make a sturdy scaffolding and give out directions for all the people helping him out in a timely manner. He helped people out to make sure it all came together in a good way. After all; one weaker spot of the building could be deadly so he made sure it would all be able to do its job. His body hurt as he worked since he seamed to hurt himself pretty often, not badly, but hard enough to make him feel sore and tired. He told himself to not let it be shown though since he wanted to do a good job after all.

As the lunch arrived he felt a bit relived and put down the tools for now to accept his sandwich and more water and took the oppertunity to sit down for a bit to rest up his sore body before continueing after this well needed meal. His smile was in place though as he looked at the gathering and calmly bit off a piece of his sandwich as he listened to the instructions given to them all. He nodded cheerfully as a reply to Jigano where he sat trying to cool off in this insane heat in a way that would tell Jigano that there was no problem. He thought to himself though that after this day he would sleep like a baby considering he wasn't the most muscular carpenter in the world and already felt slighltly exhausted. Maybe it was the suns fault? In any case; he needed this lunch break for sure!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

By some remarkable turn of fate, Amalia is able to place the mortar without leaving too much of a mess. Melita is not so lucky; the baker laughs merrily at her companion, enjoying the younger girl's exuberance. "You have something on your face- wait, I'll fix it " Grinning, she sticks a finger in the mortar and swipes a matching line on the flame-haired girl's other cheek. "There. Now you're balanced."

Snacking on sandwiches for which she'd made the bread, Amalia throws herself onto a shady patch of ground while Jigano explains the upcoming steps. A nod of understanding: flying is something she can do. Finishing up her food, the girl rises before shifting down, her body shrinking and changing to become the owl.

She waits until Sascha and Jigano are ready before grasping a length of rope and taking wing, following the raven to the intended destination.

a m a l i a
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Once Sascha and his helpers had finished the platform, Jigano helped secure one end of the ropes to the smaller pulleys sunk into the wood. There were two, and he pointed up to the roof beams high overhead where he and Amalia would go.

"Fly your rope up and over that one, there, and I'll do the same for the one next to it," he said with a nod. "That should secure it enough for Melita to be lifted up to do the work of boring the anchor holes." He grinned at the baker, excited to be flying with her again, this time for the rebuilding of their beloved Atheneum, the library she had grown up in. He still wasn't comfortable shifting in full view of strangers, though, so the bard ducked aside behind a pile of waiting stones that were slowly being carted up the scaffolding so they could be laid atop the rising wall.

The white raven fluttered up to perch on top of the stones, croaking encouragement to his owlfriend before he swooped down to grab his own rope and then led the way up, up, to the very roof of the building, where sturdy timbers still braced the remaining ceiling. Swooping over his own support beam, he looped and dodged through the hanging length of rope, engaging in a bit of exuberant aerial acrobatics to secure the platform that would hold his friend while she set the anchors for the large pulleys that were needed for the biggest stone blocks.

Once he was certain his own rope was tight, and that Amalia was finished with hers, he dove back to the pile of rocks and stepped out, shifting his jaw a little from the discomfort of having the thick rope in his beak. "Alright, Melita!" he called with a grin. "You're up - literally!"

A couple of strong townsfolk wiped the stone dust and mortar from the hands and stepped over with reassuring nods to take hold of the platform's newly-secured ropes, ready to raise it - and Melita - up to where she needed to be.