Long Story Short...
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Don't ever mistake my kindness
Phoebe beamed with pride as Rex gasped and stared into the micro-lens. It felt wonderful to share this with someone else, to open up the realms of reality, the basic structures of all they new, and the excitement of understanding and knowledge that came with it. It was far better than spending all day in the lab alone, with only herself to get excited with.

”Yes, I know! Isn’t it neat?” she said with a grin, clapping her hands together to hold in front of her. ”I suspect the two shapes indicate two different functions, and I noticed that one kind seems to be present more often than the other. So I surmise the little ones are the part that really keep us alive and the bigger ones do something else, though I am not certain what yet.” she said, almost bouncing with excitement. ”Watch those bigger ones though. I’ve seen them split in two before as perfect copies!.”
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
in the right heaven-yellow light,
Rexanna nods with a wide grin. “Yes, it absolutely is!” She agrees, admitting a quiet laugh as she looks away from the micro lens to her friend, her eyes crinkling with the wideness of her smile. It fades slightly as she listens, takes in what her friend sees, and looks back at them under the lens. “That is really interesting.” She says, wondering aloud at the idea of it all. “What if they aren’t as necessary as the regular blood cells?” She pauses, squinting into the little lens.

Why do you think our body might need the smaller ones occasionally and not all the time?” She questions out loud, watching one of those cells Phoebe described begin to split into a perfect copy of itself. She doesn’t know what the answer is either, but she’s certain Phoebe might be able to come up with an answer eventually. It’s such a breakthrough that Rexanna still can’t entirely wrap her mind around it all. Her gaze flickers from looking behind the micro lens toward Phoebe again with another bright grin. “It’s so funny to me, you think it might just be nothing until you see it behind this lens, then there’s so many other little workers helping keep us functioning.” She smiles before her mind begins racing with thoughts.
anything could be holy enough
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
”I suppose that would have to do with whatever there function is, which I haven’t quite worked out yet. But I’ve been a little preoccupied as of late researching the blight in the Greatwood.” she admitted. She couldn’t quite figure out why blood had so many of one sort of cell and so few of another but she wasn’t discouraged. It was only a matter time before she stumbled across something that would link all of the pieces together.

”And yet it makes so much sense, doesn’t it?” Phoebe said with a grin. ”Our bodies do so many things without us ever having to think about it to make it happy. That these cells exist and serve a purpose and have life makes it clear why it does so. We don’t need to think about doing those things because it is the purpose of these cells to do them.” she said brightly.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
Phoebe’s words cause Rexanna to lift her head and tilt it toward the girl. She hasn’t heard of a blight yet, and there’s a small spark of concern that graces her features with the revelation. “A blight in the Greatwood?” She asks quietly with a hint of confusion in her voice, wondering and quietly hoping that Phoebe might explain a bit further in detail.

But she’s speaking of the little cells again, and Rexanna nods along, wondering since all things are made from the cells how it might change when it comes to the blight Phoebe mentioned before. And if, perhaps, it was a sickness you could see in the cells if maybe there’s a way to exchange those out, to get rid of the infected cells and replace them with healthy ones and if it would be enough? She chews on her lip briefly, glancing back to the micro lens. “This is a huge revelation, yet there’s still so much we don’t know.” And she gives her friend a quiet soft laugh. She wonders how Phoebe doesn’t find it overwhelming.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Oh, apparently word of the blight hadn't spread that far yet. She frowned a little and nodded. "Since the barrier fell, and people have begun to go into the Greatwood, plants have begun to wither and die, and creatures who eat them or come in contact with those plants do as well." she said, lips pulling to the side as she briefly got lost on a mental tangent. That it was only affecting the Greatwood was so strange. "Frey asked me to investigate it. I'm still waiting on my approval to go into the Greatwood to get samples though." she said with a sigh.

She smiled and nodded in agreement. "That's true. But there was a time when people didn't know how to farm, or how to make clothes, or even how to use magic. It's just going to take a lot of dedicated study." she said and shrugged a little, laughing a bit. "And fortunately for me there is Frey. If I ever get really stumped, I am sure they wouldn't mind helping."
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Luckily for Rexanna, Phoebe elaborated and she paid close attention – wondering if perhaps that’s the reason Lucas was searching for those black rocks in the Greatwood, or if for a different reason. A small frown found her face as she listened, hearing Phoebe mention that Frey had asked her to investigate it and she nods. “I’m sure you’ll be able to find something to help.” She nods in response to the approval, a small smile crossing her features.

But when Phoebe responds to Rexanna’s comment of the revelation, of learning so much, she nods in response to her too. “It absolutely will!” She chimed with a quiet laugh. “Not many can say they have the favor of the gods to help them.” She winks to Phoebe but settles back in with a small smile. “I’m glad that they’re so willing to help.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
”I hope so.” Phoebe said with a small sigh, looking rather troubled. Finding answers to this blight weighed heavily on her shoulders for a number of reasons. ”When I went to Sidhe village with Remi, the Fae were so distrusting of us, and looked down on all of us…And if we really caused this blight the only way to have a hope of a friendly relationship is to fix it.” she said, brows furrowing. [say{“Not only that but when Frey spoke about it they became…so serious. Stoic almost. It was unsettling. I feel like I owe it to them to take this burden off their shoulders.”[/say} she said.

She smiled at Rexanna’s enthusiasm and nodded. ”I don’t think many people get as close to Frey as I have. From what I hear, people seem ready and willing to take them at face value – a god who is sex crazed.” she said, laughing a bit. ”Which, don’t get me wrong they definitely are very interested in that but, they are so much more too. They like creating life, watching it grow and bloom and nurturing it along the way.”
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Listening to Phoebe, she nods, gathering the information briefly about the Village of the Fae and how she had gone with Remi. She, herself, hadn’t really met any of the winged people that lived in the Greatwood, but she agreed with the idea that Phoebe had. “It may be the only way.” She contemplates with her friend, a thoughtful look blooming across her face. But she hears Phoebe as she mentions that Frey had grown still and serious, a thought that surprises her too.

I don’t think many people wish to try.” She offers quietly with a small laugh. “I know where I’m from and a few other people, the gods weren’t tangible like they are now. Many of us annoy them with silly questions and ridiculous frivolous things.” She replies with another quiet laugh. After all, she absolutely had, and Frey had cursed her and fixed her, made her beautiful, strong, herself and nobody else’s. She smiles to Phoebe when she speaks, gesturing to her own face with a small grin. “They certainly nurtured me!” She laughs.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe grinned at her friend. It was true, even where she was from there were no gods, and certainly none like there were in Caido. ”I suppose so. There is a steep learning curve. I guess I just got lucky that I never irritated Frey enough to warrant a punishment.” she said with a light laugh. That Frey had also nurtured Rexanna though did make her grin. In a playful show of jealousy, she crossed her arms and huffed, sticking her nose up a bit. ”Yeah, I know! I’m jealous that Frey hasn’t made me perpetually gorgeous like you! Maybe then I wouldn’t have had as much boy trouble as I have.” she said, grinning after to make clear her teasing.

But they had been at the college for quite some time now, and she supposed it was getting late. ”We should get back I guess. If people stay out too late, her royal highness might start instituting a curfew.” she said, rolling her eyes a bit and smiling playfully at Rexanna.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She snorts in response to Phoebe’s laughter. “I started a bit off on the wrong foot.” She admits with another small quiet laugh. And she watches, amused, as Phoebe plays at a mock jealousy that causes Rexanna to laugh a bit more. “You might have more, you never know.” She adds, laughter singing through her voice. “Though luckily for me I haven’t had anyone asking for my hand this week in the Settlement.” She, too, jests – making jokes makes it much easier to handle the dark times that come and go. And she’s glad she has Phoebe to keep more laughter in her life.

But when she hears Phoebe’s next recommendation, she nods, standing from the micro lens and brushing off her dress. “I can walk you home if you’d like?” She asks easily before giving her friend an almost conspiratory look. “Far more fun things happen at night, but lets not give her any ideas.” She adds with another quiet chime of a laugh. She reaches for her jacket, then, layering it over her as she glances back to the micro lens briefly before waiting for Phoebe to begin to lead the way.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Oh, not this week, but last week?" she said with a light laugh as she set to cleaning up the lab. They hadn't really gotten much out so it wouldn't take her too long. "You didn't tell me about that!" she teased her, knowing that she was taking literally what Rex had meant figuratively for humors sake. "Well, perhaps it will come in the future. I can only hope the same for myself." she said with a light sigh. For the moment, she was content simply having things be...content in her relationship. Things were happy. Things were calm. Things were normal. Normalcy was a hard commodity to come by these days.

"Of course! That would be nice actually." she said with a smile. Pim sensed they were getting ready to leave, and scurried to Phoebe's side, stretching in a very cat-like manner. The young midwife noticed her friend glancing at the microlens, and she smiled at her brightly. "You can come visit whenever you like to see what I am working on. If I come across anything especially interesting, I will be sure to show you."
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She glances to Phoebe as she helps to clean up, a grin forming on her face. “Always” She replies with a quiet laugh that slips from her lips. “It sounds wistful and lovely up until you look and they’re four times your age.” She crinkles her nose with the next laugh, a full bellied one that chimes. But her tone grows serious as Phoebe’s does, a small smile taking over her joyous, humorous grin. “One day.” She replies with a small wink and smile.

As Rexanna offers to walk Phoebe home, and her midwife friend accepts, she smiles to her easily before glancing to the micro lens once more before her attention settles on Phoebe again. “I would love that, actually.” She admits, wistful with the idea that she could contribute to a huge problem they face. She wonders if she might have some insight, but keeps it for a later date.

Alright, off we go.” She says with a quiet laugh, breathy, before she begins to head toward the door and opens it for Phoebe to pass through before they reach the streets.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Even Phoebe shuddered at the picture Rex painted. ”I’ve nothing against marrying an older man, but four times older?” she said, shaking her head with a wrinkled nose. That was a bit much even for her overly traditional sensibilities. She smiled a bit, as Rexanna tried to comfort her with talk of one day, but after the talk of marrying ancient men…yeah. Not exactly appealing. ”Not if he has to be older than dirt, it shall not be one day.” she said with a laugh.

’Then I will be sure to pull you away from Bastien so you can make great discoveries with me sometimes.” she said with a bright smile, linking arms with her friend as they headed off home.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She snorts, a small laugh that scrunches her nose. “It’s an entire adventure onto itself.” She offers easily with another quiet laugh. She follows Phoebe and nods in agreement. “Here’s hoping.” She acknowledges, a rogue grin sent her friend’s way before they make it to the door. She links her arm with Phoebe’s and chuckles lightly at her comment. “I’m always willing to go on adventures.” She offers with a cheerful grin.

Especially if it’s for something of a good cause. They reach the street and Rexanna begins to head toward Phoebe’s clinic, as it’s on the way to her own home. The streets are dark and the weather is still nice and warm outside, and she sighs contently. “Well I am glad things have been going well for you and the college, really.” She says, glancing to her friend. “You’re quite the entrepreneur!
to save you