Long Story Short...
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Don't ever mistake my kindness
Phoebe had been a bad friend. Well...not bad per se, but certainly selfish. A lot had happened but every time she had gone to see Rexanna to chat, Bastien had been around. So instead of having a tense visit, Phoebe would just quietly slink away like she had never been there. Selfish.

But through the grapevine, she had heard Bastien had gotten arrested and Phoebe worried about her friend. So she quickly gathered a basket of goodies and hurried to her home, little Pim having to run to keep up. The young midwife made it there in record time, knocking on the door before poking her head in. "Rex? It's Phoebe are you home?"
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
in the right heaven-yellow light,
It’s true, a lot has happened since Rexanna had seen Phoebe. And yet very little has changed for herself. It’s the night before she goes to get Bastien, having already talked to Zariah and deciding that if she is to be back at court, she needs to look the part. And so instead of seeing a good friend, her mind is in turmoil as she gathers the nicest cloth she can find, transmuting a few of them to be brighter and of better material, and sets to work with tea at the side of the table she works from. She almost doesn’t hear the knock before Phoebe peeks her head in, and Rexanna’s sapphire gaze slips toward the girl with a bright smile.

Phoebe! Oh, come in!” She says, standing and putting aside her work for the time being to head toward the door and greet her friend. She hasn’t noticed the dragon yet, instead her only focus is on the blond woman and the last time she’d seen her (hardly conscious, covered in blood, left for dead); she offers Phoebe a brilliant smile before shutting the door behind her. “Its been so long!
anything could be holy enough
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
As always, Rex greeted her with bright happiness and cheer, and Phoebe was quick to rush forward and hug her. "It's good to see you! How are you, all better right? Bastien had better of followed my instructions for your care!" she said, looking her over. But...well, she seemed okay. "I heard he was arrested...are you okay?" she asked in concern.

Pim meanwhile was making himself at home. This place was new so he was exploring, sniffing around and finding his way to a cupboard. He could smell food but heck if he couldn't find it! Grumpily empty jawed he came back and jumped up onto the back of couch which was squishy and comfy.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
Phoebe rushes forward to embrace her, and Rexanna easily obliges with a quiet laugh as the Midwife looks her over. She offers a brisk nod in response, turning her head to the side and gesturing with a hand to completely healed skin. “He took wonderful care of me.” She says with a hint of fondness in her voice. “I was mostly better by Fiat Lux, he took me toward the end so there wouldn’t be as many people out and about.

But then she asks about Bastien’s arrest and there’s a glimmer of a frown that reaches her face before she shrugs and turns to lead Phoebe into the living room. “I’m fine, I went to go speak with our Queen in regards to it. I go to release him tomorrow night.” She offers with a small ghost of a smile as she turns into the kitchen. “Tea?” She asks before beginning to pour a cup of it anyway, and when she turns to return to the living room she spots the dragon on the back of the couch and her eyes grow wide. “You have a dragon? I have missed so much!” She laughs lightly, eyeing the creature and waiting for the explanation that’s certain to come.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"While I am pleased to hear he was a good nurse I wish I had a reason to whallop him." she said with a light laugh, pleased to see her friend fully recovered. But you bet she caught that glimmer of a frown and the hollow smile after. She had gone to see the Queen? And now Bastien was free? Phoebe watched her walk across the room to get tea. "Rex..." she said in a concerned tone. "What did you do to get his freedom?" she said.

The shock over Pim distracted her though. "Oh! Yes! This is Pim, Frey gave him to me. Say hello to Rexanna, Pim." Phoebe said. The little pink dragon poked his head up and roaredsqueaked at Rex, wings stretching out wide.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She smiles to Phoebe and laughs quietly through her nose before shrugging. “If anyone needs a walloping, it’s Lucas.” She retorts with a snort before turning to Phoebe as she asks what she’s done for Bastien’s release. Offering a small shrug she acts as though it’s no big deal. “I just offered to help the Crown.” She says nonchalantly, as though it doesn’t matter. “I’m experienced well with most Courts, remember?” She offers with a small wink before approaching Pim and nodding her head in greeting to the tiny dragon.

She is lovely! Seems like you and Frey have gotten close?” She asks with a tilt of her head, hand extending to offer Phoebe a cup of tea.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Well...yes he does but I think I've a better chance whalloping Bastien than Lucas." she said with a cheeky grin. Not that she really knew who Lucas was, but after seeing what he did to Rexanna, she wasn't sure she wanted to.

Her friend's nonchalant retort did nothing to calm her unease. Phoebe frowned, wringing her hands around the handle of her basket. "I might not have experience with court, but I was sponsored to a finishing school that gave me a taste for it. I doubt it is that simple." she said, watching her carefully. "But, Zariah is from the same place as me, and my sister in law had a cousin who actullay married Zariah's brother. She would definitely help you if you need it." she told her.

When Rex said she though, Pim immediately snarled- not viciously but more irritated. Phoebe giggled and shook her head. "Pim is a boy, and he gets very grumpy when people call him a girl. And...well it happens a lot cause he is pink." she said, laughing at the irritation radiating off her scaley companion. "Yes, I have. I can say that Frey is definitely a friend to me after recent events."
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
To be honest, Rexanna would love to see Phoebe rip into Lucas, but it seems unlikely she’d have a chance. Still, she shrugs lightly with a quiet laugh and a nod, imagining a great many comical things. But the conversation shifts quickly and Rexanna moves toward the couch once more in an attempt to grab her sewing and begin to work, eyes shifting over to Phoebe as she mentions Zariah came from the same place, and for a moment Rexanna thinks of Alistair and wherever he has vanished to. Yet she nods, flashing a smile to Phoebe. “I was the Queen of one court, married into another foreign Court. Can’t be that much different.” She offers, “At least I’m not married into this one.” She adds with a quiet hum of honesty.

But she nods and makes a point to ask Phoebe who the mystery woman is before she speaks about Pim — and is ultimately surprised to find that Pim is a he and she opens her hands palm up to the dragon with a small smile. “Oh! I’m sorry Pim! I didn’t mean that.” She eyes the dragon with a small smile, hoping he might forgive her. And as she settles in and grabs her cloth to continue sewing, she gestures to Phoebe to sit and tell her all about what happened. “So what has happened? I tried to stop by a few times but you were out and about.” She says softly, eyes flickering toward Phoebe with a gentle smile.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
”Well…” Phoebe says, clearly not convinced as she sat in a chair across from her friend, cup of tea held in both hands. ”The Launceleyns were pretty reclusive from what I understand so…I am not so sure what anyone would consider normal protocol would apply.” she said in warning. ”If I was you, I would talk to Roana to get her insight.” she said, hoping her friend would reach out to the former captain.

Pim sniffed at Rexanna, still grumbling to himself as she apologized. He plopped down, licking his very dignified very male pink scales, before deciding to not be grumpy at this new woman. Instead he yawned, tail flicking lazily as he watched her do whatever she was doing with the fabric.

”Oh. Well.” Phoebe said with a sigh, trying to figure out where to start. ”I suppose…things sort of took a turn when I uhm…well I miscarried…not to long ago. And Frey visited me, even though I wasn’t at a shrine and hadn’t prayed to them even. And they took me to where it is they reside in the realm of the gods and just…held me. And they showed me how all of life is made up of these little cells…it was amazing.” she said with a smile. ”And after that they gave me Pim so when he is big there is someone to help protect me all the time, as well as those with me…and they actually said I could call them my friend.”
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She nods to Phoebe, putting Roana’s name to memory as she figures out how she’d even go about bringing it up. Regardless, it’s a quest for another day, and she remarks nothing more on the deal she has made with the Launceleyns. Instead, she watches Pim get settled in as she picks up her fabric and needles and begins to fit the bones of the corset within the small little tracks she has made. Her eyes flick up to Phoebe as she begins her tale, starting off quick with one of the most terrible things, and Rexanna’s hand wavers in the air as sadness reaches her sapphire gaze.

Oh Phoebe, that’s terrible. I’m so sorry.” She says quickly, empathy and understanding in her eyes as she listens to the rest of Phoebe’s words. Frey had come to her, to help her and pick her up from the darkness that had occurred, and she nods her head understandingly. “Frey sounds wonderful to have as a friend.” She pauses, smiling softly at the thought. “I’m glad they cared for you and got to show you so many things! And to bring him into your life.” She says, nodding to Pim before she begins to sew again. “And what of Emmett?” She asks uncertain.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled at her sadly. ”It is terrible. But it is.” she said with a sigh, looking into her teacup. Sensing her sorrow, Pim was up in a second, sailing clumsily down to the floor and scurrying up to her shoulders, wrapping around her neck like a dragonling scarf. His underside rumbled pleasantly against her skin and she smiled a little, patting his head.

”Yes, they are. They are terribly misunderstood and far more complex than people take them for I think.” she said with a smile. Frey seemed content for most to take them at face value, but she hoped they did get some fulfillment out of someone trying to know them for who they were more fully.

For a moment she was confused about her question. Emmett? What about Emm…ohhhh. She smiled a bit and shook her head. ”We made up at Fiat Lux actually. And things have been going…really really well I think since then.” she said happily.
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She listens to Phoebe’s sadness, and feels a sense of unity with the girl. If anyone knew what it was like, Rexanna did. At the very least, Phoebe had Frey to comfort her and show her the world in which they remained to help the process. And even though Rexanna doesn’t know how long it’s been since, she’s happy for her friend to have been able to overcome it. It’s a strength like no other. Her sapphire gaze follows Pim as he moves toward Phoebe and lays about her shoulders like a scarf, and Rexanna smiles softly at the gesture. But Phoebe begins to speak of Frey now, and Rexanna continues to sew while she listens. “I haven’t been back yet to tell them thank you for the gift.” She says softly, smiling lightly at the thought.

I’m so happy they were there for you when you needed it.” And she is, she’s happy that even though she hasn’t been around much that there was someone there for her. It made it so much harder when you were alone trying to grapple with the things left behind. But as Rexanna asks of Emmett, she hears the stumble in Phoebe’s voice and she almost wonders if she shouldn’t have asked at all. But much to Rexanna’s surprise, things are well. She continues to sew and smiles, a small laugh bubbling from her lips. “That’s wonderful! He’s been treating you well?” She asks, eyes flickering from her work to her friend — finding it a similar situation to how Phoebe feels toward Bastien, she feels toward Emmett.
to save you
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Oh! Well I am sure they don't terribly mind. They do like fruit as a gift if you go to pray to them, but I'd suggest only going to speak with them if you have more to say other than thank you. They get bored easy." Phoebe advised with a small smile. Absentmindedly she ran her fingers along Pim's tail, briefly lost in thought.

The look of concern in Rex's eyes coaxed a light laugh out of the midwife. "Yes he has. He actually put a lot of work into rennovating the barn to be more of a house, and everything." she said and paused. "Well...I mean that was more in preparation for the baby, but so I would be comfortable there too I suppose..."
for weakness
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She listens to Phoebe with a small nod and smile as she sews, taking the idea to heart. “I don’t actually know what to speak to them about.” She offers, not shyly but uncertainly. “I’d rather not go in there with all my worries, I’m sure they’d find them too mortal to have a worthy conversation.” She says with a small huff of a laugh. “Might just go and leave a gift as a thank you, they likely won’t come visit me anyway. It’s a rare occurrence, I’ve learned.” She glances up to Phoebe and winks playfully before settling back into her work.

As Phoebe explains about Emmett renovating the barn, she nods as she threads another needle. “That’s a wonderful gesture.” She comments, until Phoebe explains it was for the baby, but she’s certain it’s a dual purpose accomplishment. “His siblings, I’m sure, are happy to have a more comfortable place to be?” She tilts her head curiously. “Of course, for you as well. Are you still at the clinic? Or do you live there with him now?
to save you