open | Toast
Freelancer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: kore Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"It is on!" Pap cheered helpfully, giving her hair a ruffle and tugging at the thick tail it had been drawn into at the back of her skull. "Worry about your own hair." With that, Pap wondered if he might actually be showing some early traces of balding. Now that she thought about it, she'd really begun to wonder, though the narrow stairway did not allow for any quick changes in their ordering.

Blinking as her eyes adjusted to the gloom Pap felt her way down the stairs carefully with her feet. "Hope you're not afraid of the dark - have you got a light?" As they reached the first level the path immediately in front of them ended with a crush of debris, though a door to the left opened into a building. Pap stopped and scrubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands, squinting as finally she could make out details of their surroundings, though had little hope for her dark vision in further exploration. "Won't be able to find anything if we can't see it."
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
Eli's hair was perfectly fine actually, though he did wonder if she actually thought he meant to literally keep it on, which made him frown, maybe where she came from, sayings didn't exist, but he shrugged it off as they made their way down, it indeed became darker and darker the further away from the top of the stairs they got. He suddenly stopped as Pap halted, moving to peer over her shoulder. "Of course I'm not- and a light? No- what sort of light?" He puzzled to her, a little confused if she meant an actual torch or something else, but whatever she meant, he didn't have it.

He grunted, moving to hurry her up with a light nudge. "Come on- can't just stand about here like warming groobs can we." ...He doubted she even knew what a groob was, let alone how one could warm up. He sighed and
Freelancer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Oh right!" Pap chirped, stumbling forward several paces at the nudge. "Groobs - right." Despite the agreeable nature of her tone she her face had scrunched up in good natured confusion. What was a groob? "Groobs... are normally the cold ones, right?" She beamed a hopeful grin back at him in the gloom. Perhaps she was a good guesser!

Between her antics, the dark, and trying to stay out from under those big combat boots the brute was wearing (they looked so heavy!), Pap proved less than graceful. With a clunk, a pitched yelp, and a nervous giggle she stumbled over a bit of wreckage. Rising up on her knees she brushed her hands off, shaking her head with a sneeze. "I'm okay - just go on, I'll catch up."

Boy, that was embarrassing.
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He was a little surprised that she knew what a groob was, even if it sounded a little... suspect, but he had to admit, she was quite the bundle of joy and excitement, a puppy crossed with a rampaging goat he thought. Never the less he followed along with her, tensing suddenly as she fell over, his whole body going into a sort of 'attack mode' as he lowered himself before realising she'd fallen over. He let out a laugh, grinning at her misfortune, though how much of the grin she could see in the dim light was anyone's guess, though the laugh as very audible as it echoed around the walls.

"Woah-... careful there missy." he teased, as he edged his way past her, doing what he could to not meet the same, silly fate of the large excitable Pap. As he made his way through, the building opened up into a rather large, bare hall, a few doorways littered the four walls, most of them going off into more darkened corridors- really it became a 'choose your own adventure' at this point- thankfully a large section of the west face wall had collapsed over the centuries, allowing light in to illuminate the room- in many ways it was a little spooky, various echos and moving unknown shadows kept you very on guard. "Which way do you want to head? Reckon we should split up or?" he said, glancing over his shoulder at her, should she have caught up.
Freelancer

Change author:
"Papillion," she corrected smartly pushing herself up to her feet where she patted down gray slacks. "You didn't even try to pronounce it right." Following behind him she drew close enough to get a good look at the back of his head, deciding that his hair seemed well in place.

Sidling up beside him with one mystery resolved Pap peered at the various doorways for quite a while. "Naaah." She shook her head as she pointed toward the door across from them. "Stick with me, I'll keep you safe." Nodding wisely she trotted toward the door with all the confidence a person in this spooky old ruin had no right to exhibit. "There might be bats - got swarmed by bats in those ruins I was telling you about - it was an absolute mess in there. Might want a scarf if we find any!"
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
'Papillion'? Sort of name was that? He shook his head, a bit of a grin still plastered on his lips. "Yeah, sure I didn't. I'm Eli, most people just call me Monnrow, but it's up to you." he offered with a glance as his eyes followed her past him and to the door across from them. He shook his head and trailed on after her, a little unsure if she was going to actually lead them to something good, or make them fall to their death, but well... that was the risk.

"What are 'bats' anyway? I've heard people reference them, never heard of them- they're like flying lizards if you ask me."

He really hadn't heard of bats, the very idea was weird to him, there were a lot of animals he'd seen since arriving, some of them he recognised, some of them he didn't. He kept close behind her, firm steps echoing through the building, though they were indeed matched by her equally loud ones, really together it sounded like an elephant was stomping around the place, ready to flatten anyone it came across. Eli looked at what detail he could make out, the stonework had been carved in some places, pillars decorated with slots for gems that had long since vanished- perhaps it had been a temple of some kind? A rich family's house? Though it had been a long time since anyone had lived here, the cobwebs and dust thick in the air.