my strange addiction
Rexxxxxxxx
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
EZRA
"Ok, so what the fuck is this?"

Yes!

Squirrels. Squirrels. Motherfucking squirrels. Where you're from, squirrels are relatively benign little creatures, eating nuts and chilling in trees and generally living their best lives. But not here, because of course not, because nothing is fucking simple here, nothing is benign, and nothing makes sense.

Here's the deal: you saw a cool looking labyrinth and thought neato, we have these at home, perfect place for thinking and clandestine meetings and shit. Fast forward to three hours later: you're no closer to the center (probably), really far from the entrance (definitely), and the only thing you know for sure is that taking directions from squirrels was a terrible fucking plan.

"That is unhelpful as fuck!" you exclaim, staring accusingly at the rodent, who, for his part, seems wholly unimpressed by your frustration. You kick at the grey rat and it scurries away, a stream of exclaimed Yes! No! Follow me! fading out as it disappears, leaving you entirely alone, lost in a living maze.
I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Once again, she sets out in her best attire – to look good for the Crown, to make a nice impression, to prove to Zariah that she can hold up her end of the bargain. But yet, her feet take her back to the Labyrinth, a place where she had met that Assassin named Kalt once upon a time. She doesn’t know what she’ll find yet, but she wonders about what she might find, wonders if perhaps she’ll get lost in the forest and disappear for the rest of the day only to be spit back out later. She doesn’t worry about it, though. Somehow, figuring that it’ll all work out in the end.

But then she hears an exclamation coming from the forest as she dwells by the entrance. She’s not wearing her skirts, but she is wearing a nice set of dark boots and dark pants that hug her curves – a fitted corset ringed with gold fits her torso, leaving her shoulders and neck open and pale to the light that filters from the sky. A perfect attire for getting lost in the maze, one would think.

And so she enters, spinning around and getting lost a number of times before she finds the man that spoke, and she lets her sapphire gaze linger on him briefly before lifting a hand to capture his attention. “Need some help?” She questions, head tilting as her dark hair sweeps over her shoulder.
But it burned in one.
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EZRA
Need some help?

You spin around, your brown eyes wide, expecting more squirrels. Instead you see... well, what do you see? An angel dressed in black and laces, corset cinched about her waist? It's enough to make you wonder if you haven't been transported home, back to the gardens of the gorgeous palace, where courtesans dance and frolic and fuck beneath the leafy boughs.

Next to her you are dismally plain. Which isn't to say you've given up, but considering how little you have in turns of swag, well, there's not a lot you could possibly do to compare to this literal goddess. You're wearing your silky onesie, the one that shows off one side of your chest, and your hair is pulled in a long dark ponytail, and you've got your medallion, and an ear cuff, and some kohl, but man. Next to her you're a fucking plebeian, that spindly boy plucked out of the dirt, a bastard son too pretty for peasantry sold into service for a single gold crown.

Anyway. All that aside, one thing is clear: this lady is power, and money, and class. So you try to compose yourself, turning away from the retreating squirrel, slipping easily into a bow as the unnaturally beautiful woman offers her help. "I'm afraid I am lost, ma'am," you admit, laughing a little at your own foolishness. "Though I feel much safer now, with a beautiful beacon such as you as my guide."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
She isn’t very elegant with how she greets him, but she doesn’t need to be. Her pale hands fold before her, sitting about her waist as she lets her sapphire gaze examine him. She’s not defenseless, she never is anymore. Should he try anything, the magic living beneath her skin is a weapon enough (though she reminds herself of when she was tackled to the ground by Zariah’s guards, and her firework strayed away, helpless if not for Lucas). A bright smile crosses her face as he looks her over, her head tall and posture straight as the light cascades down from beneath the tree tops, filtering her in the gold she wears around her chest.

She’s almost perfect, thanks to Frey’s magic. The only blemish, the wounds of teeth along her wrist and perhaps the faintest bit of a bruise along her neck – though you have to be looking hard to spot it. She watches him bow, and somehow feels transported back to Asciend, only this man bears no wings much to her approval. He announces he’s lost, and she quirks an eyebrow in response. “This is a confusing maze, at least you picked the middle of the day to venture in.” She responds with a quiet hint of a smirk crossing her lips before she dips her head at his compliment.

Ack,” she begins, turning her head to eye him from the side. “You’re charming.” She acknowledges with a small bubbly laugh before stepping toward him, her boots making nearly no sound against the plush undergrowth of the maze. “I’m afraid it’ll take awhile to get back to the entrance, perhaps we should get to know each other if we’re to spend time together?” She asks with a tilt of her head, a hand outstretched toward him as if to lead him. “What’s your name?
But it burned in one.
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
EZRA
You don't see the blemish, the teeth marks or bruises on her wrist and neck. Maybe you would have, if you were still home, but you've got other shit to deal with these days - like, for instance, talking trickster squirrels. Slacking, you're slacking, but you're doing your best, and considering your world has been flipped upside down and you've wound up in the sad mud puddle reflection of it, it honestly isn't so bad.

Or so you tell yourself, because fuck it, without your Lord here the only person you have to make you feel better is, well, you.

"I'm accustomed to mazes at midnight," you reply, a suggestive tone in your tenor. Except you're not flirting with her - or you are, but not in an aggressive way, more in a dance. It is the tone you would take with the courtesans, the wives, an understanding playfulness that could be just as useful for gaining information as any roll with their husbands. I get what it is to be a beautiful thing.

Oh, but she think's your charming, and you preen a little beneath the praise, happy to be acknowledged once again. "As are you, my lady," you reply gallantly, offering another bow, a cheeky grin on your gorgeous face. "I can think of nobody fairer to spend my day with-" and you offer her an arm, the role of gallant knight errant taken, some sort of kinship felt for this woman who you don't know even a little, but fuck it, it's a leap of faith. "My name is Ezra. And you, darling?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
He grows closer, and she now finds she has to look up to him. He’s tall, yet thin, and seems to have a charisma to him that she can see in herself, too. It reminds her of the first few conversations she’d had with Bastien and with Lucas, and she finds herself slipping into the ease of it as he retorts to her, a suggestive tone in his voice. It’s not quite flirting, but it holds the hints of such – and she pays it little mind. So far, this has been the best conversation so far and she hasn’t even started on the recruitment.

She flashes him a brilliant smile and a tilt of her head. “Ah, daring.” She responds with a small snort, slipping back into the version of herself where she cared about an end result rather than being herself and letting them take it or leave it. Yet he was playful with her, and she appreciates the flourish – once again reminding her of Bastien and his flare for the dramatics. Perhaps the two of them would get along?

He offers her arm, and she takes it easily with a quiet grin that ghosts her face, her fingers soft as they drape over his arm. And when he says his name, she begins to guide him back the way she’d come, though it’d likely end in more confusion. They had to make it out eventually, right? “Ezra.” She replies, his name falling from her tongue gently and so smoothly compared to her own name. “I’m Rexanna.” She offers, head tilting up toward him to let her sapphire gaze slip across his face.

Are you new here?” She asks, her steps even as she guides him back around and around, for what seems like circles until something changes.
But it burned in one.
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
EZRA
"Rexanna!" You repeat her name like a knight for his queen, rolling the the R on your silver tongue, grinning as you do. "A royal name for a royal beauty!" Oh, but you're a knave, a charmer, and flirting is as easy as breathing, a sort of strange comfort in this weirdly uncomfortable world. It is nice to find someone who appreciates the game, instead of leaning into the Hi I'm a crazy fucking magic user who's way to intense or Woe is me, this place is hell (a view you sympathize with, to be fair).

Laughing lightly, you squeeze her hand, letting her lead you out of this hellish rodent-ridden maze. "Was it so obvious?" I mean, yes, but you know that - the question is rhetorical as it gets. You're a lost little lamb in a fucking witch swamp, and if we're being honest, you're leaning pretty hard into the whole innocent  I-Am-A-Harmless-Pretty-Thing shtick.

"You, however, seem an expert at this place." You look down at her through long, thick lashes, your long legs taking short steps to match her (an easy thing; you're good at matching other people). "I wonder- perhaps you could help me find my feet? As you can see, I am already quite lost. Nobody is particularly forthcoming about how things work in this place."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
For a moment, she eyes him a bit warily. A royal name indeed, though she doesn’t comment on it. It’s close to a direct translation of her name and for a moment it makes her uncomfortable, though it’s not visible in the way she smiles at him gracefully – as though it’s a beautiful compliment she’s never heard before. Instead, he squeezes her hand and she leads him away, a small snort and snicker of a response leaves her lips before she rolls her shoulders toward him. “Perhaps a bit obvious.” She retorts, glancing over to him to wink.

But he compliments her further, mentioning she’s an expert, and she shrugs once more – her sapphire gaze following the maze the best she can even if she’s partially getting more and more lost. He matches her pace easily, though, which shouldn’t be too difficult considering she’s a bit shorter than he is. “I’ve been here a year just about.” She responds easily, guiding him through turn and changes in the maze. But when he questions if she can help him find his feet, she offers him a bright, charming smile and an obliging nod.

It would be an honor to help you, Ezra.” She says easily, turning with him once again until finally the entrance can be seen even though Rexanna has literally no idea how it worked to get here. “Have you heard of our new Queen yet? She’s gotten a lot of flak from the locals, but she will do wonderful work. We’re recruiting if you’re up for the challenge?” She asks as she goes to drop his hand and look to him more fully, a hint of a playful purr in his voice that she knows Bastien likely wouldn’t approve of – but hey, if it got her job completed, it would make their lives that much easier.
But it burned in one.
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
EZRA
Oh, so it's that kind of game. You pout a little when she calls your compliment obvious, though clearly it remains a ruse. "Forgive me, darling- your beauty is such that I am lost for words or wit. Can you truly blame a man?" Yeah, there's a little bit of sarcasm there, just enough to be playful, a tease. She knows the ropes, that's obvious enough - and it's a relief, really, to have found someone who gets it. It's like finding a kindred spirit in a room full of underdressed fops.

Oh, wow, she is an expert. The entrance of the labyrinth opens up before you like the gates of heaven, and it is all you can do to maintain your composure enough to not sigh or shout your relief. Take that, you squirrelly fucks.

Oh, so there's a Queen? Your ears prick in interest - you've heard rumors, of course, but nothing particularly concrete. Rexanna, darling, but you are forward! For a moment you blink, surprised by her sudden invitation to a court position. "How do you know I'm not a terrible scoundrel?" you drawl, leaning towards her, your arm snaking around her shoulder, "Luring hapless beauties into a maze of bad intentions?" A bit of a purr, though not very intimidating - you've never been good at playing the wolf.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She, too, knows how to play his game. And she can tell that he knows it too, as she bats her eyelashes to him playfully in response. “I suppose I can’t blame you entirely.” She says with a small grin. But the conversation shifts and dies off as Rexanna somehow manages, completely by chance, to find the entrance to the maze. It took some time, and she was certain he’d think her insane with the way she’d taken him, but regardless of the result it had worked in the end.

Turning to him, she catches his surprise, feels his arm slide around her shoulders and for a moment she second guesses the flirting for something more. But it’s turned into nothing as she turns her head toward him with an almost innocent look. “What do you mean? Isn’t that what Courts are made of?” She retorts with a small bit of a drawl. But when he continues she snorts and laughs quietly at his attempt. “Trust me, I am anything but hapless.” She winks to him.

Then, Rexanna steps a bit faster, slinking out from under his arm and ahead of him – pulling her jacket tight around her body before she turns to cut him off and face him – palms up toward the sky as she reaches for her magic. From her palms a firework grows, shooting into the sky that’s now in shades of purples and blues as the sun sets. The magic takes to the sky, blooming in a shower of golds and reds, and as they fall around her she keeps her sapphire gaze on the man before her.

Anything but.” She gives him a toothy grin.
But it burned in one.