Born are Miracles
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked at him slowly. She had expected a certain amount of push back - questions too - but that he was so staunchly against the means that he wouldn't even consider the ends baffled her. And, in a way, a way she knew was stupid but couldn't help, it hurt her. It had never been about her, in her mind, but it was clear that the reason he couldn't fathom it was because of her. And though she had been under no delusion that Remi might find her in any way attractive, it still stung a bit that he would give up the possibility of children because he found her so repulsive. "Oh." she said, a weight in her words that couldn't exactly be placed.

She turned her face to the ground and sighed. "Alright then. Forget I ever said anything." she mumbled.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Remi the Alchemist
i've been the archer, i've been the prey
"Hey." Remi whispered softly, noticing how she stiffened, the empty weightiness of her word. Trying to wrap an arm around her and draw her close if he could, Remi chalked up her reaction once again to the alcohol and the sudden loss of Emmett. "I really do appreciate the offer. And I will mention it to Ronin too." He said with an affectionate squeeze as he bit the inside of his lip.

"It just..." Again, it was hard to know whether it was the means, or the fact that the alchemist wasn't sure if he needed or wanted more than Ronin and Aoife in his life, but the idea seemed quite untenable at the moment. "..do you understand, Phoebe?" He asked, head softly inclined to the side.

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She sighed at looked at him, eyes finally glistening with tears if but for a moment. She wasn't sure how to explain it. She wasn't sure she could explain it. "I get it. Logically I get it." she said, wiping her eyes on her arm to dry any remnants of the tears that had tried to break through. "And...It was stupid of me to assume...that that was something you'd want. But..." She shook her head, then lifted the glass to her lips to drink from it again, despite the way the happy spinning was melting into uncomfortable queasiness.

"That's the one thing I have always wanted - children - and...there is nothing I wouldn't do to have that if it was offered to me like that." she said, shaking her head. "But you don't want what I want. You already have a happy family. I shouldn't have assumed. I'm sorry I'll get you a real present." she mumbled.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
Pressing a kiss against her golden hair, the alchemist sighed softly as Phoebe wiped away the beginnings of her tears. "My whole life...I did not think I would ever have any of this. I thought if I ever did marry someone, it would be to appease the prince so that I was not found out for what and who I was. And children? Ahh...I just...I never thought.." Swallowing hard, Remi shook his head again. Having now experienced what it was to love Aoife, he couldn't at all imagine bringing a child into the world with someone he did not love as fiercely as he did Ronin, jail or not. "Your offer...it is like...being handed a pile of gold when I am already swimming in more than I know what to do with." He added gently. Not to mention having to have sex with a woman who was like his sister and subsequently watch his husband do the same, for the extra gold.

Listening, Remi frowned, perhaps more certain than ever that this had more to do with what Phoebe wanted—and had recently lost. "No, I may not want the same things that you do, but it does not make it any less thoughtful." He assured her.

With a soft snort, the alchemist nudged Phoebe in earnest. "You absolutely will not. You have already done more for me than I could have ever asked."

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She shook her head. "No...I should have thought of it. I should've known not everyone...I do know not everyone wants that." she said quietly. She swallowed and and deflated a bit. She had been stupid to even bring it up. Now Remi was back pedaling and it was her fault, forcing a smile to her lips. "It's okay, you don't have to try and make me feel better. This was my fault." Why was she so stupid?

Phoebe sighed, pulling herself back together if for but a moment. "No, no I must. I'll...get you something more suitable. Something that you will actually like." she said with a small smile his way.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
"Everyone might not want it, but as you said, before now I did not have the option." Remi couldn't and wouldn't lie, that the steps needed to create a child were probably going to be far too much of a barrier, but as he said, the option was there.

"No." Remi said sternly, pressing another kiss to her temple. "You helped get everything ready. That is more than enough. Please. If you want to do anything, just hear me at my word: I do appreciate you doing this. Ronin and I now have the option, should we want it. And that is something no one has ever been able to offer."

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
It seemed whatever back pedaling Remi was now doing to make her feel better was not something she could resolve. So she sighed and relented, not really feeling up for a fight with anyone, much less Remi. It seemed life was intent on snuffing out the fight she did have anyways – the whiskey too.

As he pulled her close to kiss her head, she very nearly fell over, her full weight (as light as that was) pressing against his side, her head lolling against his shoulder. ”Okay. I…I’m glad you’re not…offended or something.” she mumbled. She fell silent for a moment…then…”Isn’t the spinning nice?”
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi the Alchemist
Wrapping an arm around her much as to console her as to hold her up, Remi laughed under his breath as he leaned his cheek against the top of her head. "Mmmm, lovely." He agreed softly, positive that that comment was surely caused by the whiskey.

Running his fingertips softly up and down Phoebe's arm, Remi wiled away the remainder of their picnic discussing random things so that Phoebe wouldn't have to do more than introject understanding every now and then. He stayed away from anything that might lead back to thoughts of Emmett, though he did make a mental note to follow up with her the next day, to make sure that at least some portion of the grieving process had begun that didn't involve alcohol.