If You See Her
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
JIAO
Jiao was on a quick errands walk. Lately, with all her new conversations, friends (?) and information, she had begun to let slip on things that usually she was like clockwork with. Groceries, deliveries, repairs. She had resolved to stay in Sidhe for a couple of days and catch up, spend time doing her chores so that in a few days she could go and see the 'Atheneum' that Jigano had told her about.

She was walking across the village, a basket of food on her arm, when she saw Delah. Normally this would not be anything notable, but this time she stopped. Jigano had asked her to talk to the woman, and while she didn't care for her, she had promised if she saw her she would..

Before she could walk past and regret it, she made herself step over to Delah, stopping her from walking past. "Delah! Can we talk for a sec, please?" The sunny smile on her face was definitely overexaggerated, but Jiao didn't know how else to go about this whole uncomfortable situation.
Leave all of my regrets to sink like shipwrecks
Through oceans dark
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
if you throw me to the wolves
With a terse look on her face, Delah turned at the sound of her name. The Seamstress? The warrior knew of Jiao only distantly; the woman made fine clothes that Delah herself had worn on occasion during rituals and ceremonies that she was forced to attend. She much preferred her training gear to any of the fineries made by the dark-haired woman, but that did not mean she couldn't appreciate her talents.

"Jiao." Delah returned, turning to face her. Reaching out an arm to clasp the woman just below the joint of her elbow, as was a typical warriors' greeting, the war chief tilted her head slightly forward in greeting before releasing the younger woman and crossing her arms. "What can I do for you?"
i'll come back leading the pack

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JIAO
Jiao flinched a little as Delah grasped her elbow, not expecting it; not usually mingling with warrior types she was not used to the greeting. But she said nothing of it, just watched the other woman's hand move away. At least Delah was being polite, which was all she could really ask for.

"Well, um...I met an Outlander, in the woods, the other day." She said, staying as neutral as she could in tone and facial expression. "And he wanted me to tell you something." Jiao wanted to tell Delah that he had been arrogant, rude, that of course he had been; but that was a lie, and her lips wouldn't form the words. She knew appearing too friendly with the outsiders was probably a mistake, so she kept her words as short as possible.

"It's about Longnight. He said there are horrible monsters in the barrier at Longnight, and now that it's gone...they might get out. Did you know about that?"
Through oceans dark
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Delah raised a brow, but did not comment. Her people were free to wander as they pleased, at least until the new queen of the Hollowed Grounds said otherwise. And even then, it was still up to them.

Listening to what Jiao had to say of purported monsters, the war chief could only shrug casually. "Are you surprised to hear that there are monsters there, Jiao? After what they all did, who was inside of the barrier?" Delah shook her head. "All the more reason to keep them out of our woods. Their presence alone has begun to kill the trees. Whatever horrors the Hollowed Grounds have during LongNight, we will defend ourselves again." For a moment, a feline snarl crossed Delah's lips as her eyes narrowed.

"Thank you for telling me. I will prepare the warriors well in advance to be on the lookout once the snows come. Until then, we must remain diligent in keeping them out."

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
JIAO
Jiao was surprised at Delah's rather unimpressed reaction to news of monsters, but just nodded. She did not have the energy to get into a fight or discussion with the warrior about whether or not the barrierfolk deserved to get chewed up by monsters once a year. Some of them she was sure did (she'd heard of weird metal blood-sucking people...they maybe did) but it was hard to justify that fate for Jigano or Peter.

She was still thanked for telling her though, so Jiao dipped her head. "You're welcome. I just...do you really think we can keep them out?" The question was unexpected even to Jiao, who seemed surprised at herself for asking it but then continued: "There is a lot of woods, and they must be curious...I heard some of them were already captured then...released? Why did you let them go?"
Through oceans dark
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
"They are curious." Delah said with a nod of agreement. "But that does not give them the right. Their monsters, their queen, their problems....it's all theirs." She continued with a shake of her head. "The woods are indeed large. While our warriors cannot spend their days protecting our village, the woods themselves do a fine job of it. I doubt any will make their way here without help." Here, Delah gave the seamstress a pointed look. "Have you not seen the sickness, Jiao? The darkness that has taken over the trees and some of the smaller creatures? Do you truly care more for the curiosity of them, than of our home?"

Glancing up towards the sky, the war chief took a breath and exhaled slowly.

"Mistakes do not always deserve to be punished with death." Delah said with a shrug. She was as rigid as a boulder, but she was not cruel. "If they continue to ignore our laws though, their trespassing will not be seen as a mistake any longer."

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
JIAO
Delah spoke authoritively, boldly; it was hard to not feel like she was right. Jiao nodded along, though when asked the final question, as if it was somehow a personal failing to be interesting in the humans, she responded: "I have noticed. I just...hoped it was some sort of new seasonal thing. Do you...have any idea what it is then, if it isn't? Do you think it's because of the humans?" She did not like to worry much, so she had tried to put the blighted trees out of mind.

The show of mercy, however small, from the woman surprised Jiao, who had expected her to continue speaking in her harsh tones, had expected her to demand death for all Outlanders. "Maybe we should put up some sort of sign or barrier at the outskirts of the woods, to warn them off." She suggested, while knowing nothing of the sort would stop her.
Through oceans dark
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
(Ahhhh totally forgot about this, SORRRRRRY)

"It is a sickness, to be sure." Delah said with a sigh. "It rots the trees and changes them. The creatures that eat those leaves and mosses have become infected too. Some die...some...change. I have seen it myself." With a nod that is as confident as it is stern, Delah focuses intently on the younger woman. "I do. There are no coincidences in nature Jiao. The barrier has fallen, the humans enter our woods, and suddenly our home is dying?" The war chief shakes her head.

Raising a brow at the seamstresses suggestion, Delah merely shrugs. "Does a jaguar place a sign at the entrance to her den? Do you have a sign on your home saying that others should not come in without speaking to you first? Does a wicker woman warn before she ensnares?" Her lip curls slightly. "I have spoken with their queen and those who have returned know our expectations. If they are too stupid to follow them, then the harm that befalls them is at their own hands."

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
JIAO
"Are...we gonna get sick?" Jiao asked, the Blight suddenly changing from a vague, far-away thing affecting some trees to a potential danger to herself and her village. "And...and what do you mean, change?"

She was not often scared. But the idea of some sickness taking her over, changing her from within and taking her from the beautiful fae she was to some frail beast - it made her hug herself, frown with the fear that gripped her. "..Then...then maybe we should tell the humans they're doing it? Do they know?"

Delah seemed very negative on the sign idea (which Jiao still thought was worth thinking on, but she wasn't going to argue with the war chief right now) so she changed tactic. "...Maybe a wall, then."
Through oceans dark
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
"Some already have." Delah replies steadily, her mossy stare flickering across Jiao's pale face to see if this is news to the younger woman or not. "Death is not the end. It might not even be a part of what happens to them. Some of the animals I have seen seem to shrivel and blacken. They destroy everything in sight, having seemingly lost themselves in the blight. Only when they are themselves killed, does it end."

Raising a brow, Delah smirked. "I have told them, yes. It is why I have told them to leave our woods and our home alone. Do you think they listened? That they cared? They offer their help, yet fail to do the one thing that would actually provide any help at all: leaving us alone."

The corner's of Delah's lips twitched ever so slightly, but she shook her head almost sadly. "I know what some of the fae say of me. Think of me. And I let them, because I know I always do what is best for us all. I could not in good conscience build a wall...Better the fae die, than be caged. We are a free people, Jiao, and we will be until our last breath."

Coding base by Sky!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Change author:
JIAO
Jiao had known some were falling sick, but she had not known from what, nor how serious the illness was; the Seamstress had a tendancy to get wrapped up in her own world and barely consider the lives of any around her. Until this conversation, the Blight had been firmly someone else's problem.

Now, though...she found herself worrying her lip, something she only did when an issue managed to drill itself properly into her mind.

Usually one to speak her mind freely, Jiao stayed quiet, unsure of how to argue with Delah's authoritative tone and arguments. Jiao knew so little about these things, had not cared to know, and now she felt like a child in comparison to the war chief. "Well um...ok..so...what...could we do? You know, just the Fae in the village? Is there anything we should be doing?"
Through oceans dark