Training Parkour
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
Adam did not have his horse in Caido, and he sorely missed the old idiot. Flash had been with him for a lot of years, through a lot of trials and adventures and raids; he could only hope he had been looked after since Adam had been taken to the Hollowed Grounds. Most of all he missed riding, doing all the stupid tricks he'd learnt to show off; missed the thrill of going as fast as they could then taking a leap.

To keep his muscles active and his skills alive, he took to sometimes climbing and wandering about in the ruins, flipping and running as often as he could, using his long fingers to grasp to ancient stone.

On this day he was up on a high beam resting between two pillars, walking on his hands. His brow was creased in frustration but his form was neat, his feet pressed close above him and legs lined up. His shirt was puffed uo down to his chin, something he would care about if he thought anyone was looking. With a grunt of effort, he flipped himself around, his legs coming down until he was stood on the beam, smiling with his hands on his hips.
good evening, misadventure.
farewell morality.
it's time for another risky venture,
into the depths of depravity.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Lucas
clever as the devil and twice as pretty
"Oh bravo, bravo indeed!" Lucas might have drawled the compliment, and his applause might have been slow and deliberately sarcastic, but he was actually pretty impressed with this would-be highwayman and his tricks. He strolled casually beneath where Adam had been walking (on his hands, then his feet), drawing to a halt and gazing up at him with a tilt of his head.

"Now, it's hardly any fun unless there's a little danger, eh? Though I'm sure you would know all about that." Glancing sideways, Lucas spotted a good deal of very throwable looking pebbles. Would Adam mind if he used him as target practice while he did his balancing act?

They might well find out.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
The sudden voice surprised Adam but he determinedly didn't jump, just crossed his arms and smirked as Lucas came into view. His...coworker..? Boss..? Was not an unwelcome sight; Adam found the man to be deliciously dangerous in the way that promised a whole load of fun and adventure. Though a part of him didn't trust the devil; probably because Adam very rarely trusted anyone.

And also he was, you know, self-admittedly the devil.

"Well, depends on what the danger is. If it's cool sexy danger that'll rip my clothes off and get me sweaty, sure. If it's danger that'll break my leg, less so." He moved to sit down on the beam, legs dangling. "How about we make it a competition instead? Get up here with half the style I did and I'll...do something for you, I dunno. We'll start at a compliment and end at sucking your dick. Your choice."
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lucas
A competition? As if Lucas could even hope to resist. "Cool, sexy danger? You know, Adam, I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed meeting you in your own world," he said with a wry smile, tilting his head and hearing the other man out about his challenge. Could he walk on his hands up to where Adam was currently perched? Probably not. But he could put on a show, at least.

As Lucas moved, his shadows exploded out and around him, all three dancing and cartwheeling and rushing at the other man in an attempt to startle him at best. In the meantime, whilst he wasn't able to use his enhanced speed, exactly, Lucas still made it up to join the ex-highwayman in good time. Once there, of course, one of his shadows tried to nudge Adam off the beam.

"Ta da." He shrugged.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"You can thoroughly enjoy me in this one too. I'm still good shit." Adam insisted with a little laugh, puffing his chest out and putting a hand to his heart proudly.

There was no more quips when Lucas suddenly exploded out three shadows and rushed towards him, the shock of the sudden magic dulling his senses that would have helped him to move out of the way. He swayed when he was shoved, his mind only coming back to him in that moment.

"..Ho...how did you do that?" He asked, then without an answer turned to Lucas excitedly. "If I teach you how to climb properly, can you teach me how to do that?"
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
"Oh I don't doubt it for a second," Lucas teased, though given their shared history so far, the Ascended really had no reason not to believe it. Impressed by the fact that Adam was impressed (perhaps they were more alike than he had initially thought), if Lucas had been wearing a tie, he'd have straightened it for effectiveness.

"Hm... teach you...? I don't think it is something that it can be taught, sorry. It's a gift from a goddess." He shrugged.

"How about, though, I test my shadows against your ability to climb, and we can see how good you really are." If Adam thought a little shove was all Lucas could do, he'd be very mistaken.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
A gift from a Goddess..? Adam was jealous. He'd had his own gift from a God but it had hardly been as cool as independant shadows, and he'd had it stolen by a well-meaning friend lost it. He wondered if going to pray at a shrine with a specific thing in mind would get him it. Next time he prayed, he would try and think very hard about the ability to appear in any room with a sick guitar riff.

"A challenge, huh? Hell yeah." He jumped up to his feet, remarkable balance on the beam with his feet squarely on it. "Gimme the rules." Whatever it was, he knew he was good at climbing and speed. Even with Lucas' magical shadows, he thought he stood a chance.
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
A fanged grin flashed across Lucas's face as he watched Adam spring to his feet, and he folded his arms across his chest even as his three shadows danced and twisted of their own volition. "Very well. Rules are: I can't touch you myself, I can only use my shadows. And you can only avoid them - no throwing stuff at me, got it?" He winked.

"I'll try and stay at least ten feet behind you, too. That way I'll always have to fight to be in reach of you. Nothing like a little creativity to get the blood pumping, eh?" With a dark laugh, Lucas stepped back and gestured elegantly for Adam to begin whenever he felt ready.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
Adam accepted the rules with a nod; it was a challenge of speed and agility, not strength. He was gifted with long legs and a wiry frame and liked to think he had a decent chance to win, even if Lucas had magical shadows on his side.

To begin with he took a moment to idle and look across the ruins, see a path - then he was off, jumping from the beam to a roof nearby, across that and up a pillar, swinging off a beam; pretending he was escaping from a crowd of guards like he had many times before, not daring to look behind him in case he saw the wrong side of a blade coming down towards his head.

"C'mon then!" He yelled, dropping down a level and sliding along a smooth stone surface to hug a wall, trying to hide for a moment and see where Lucas was.
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
Adam saw a path and Lucas saw Adam, the Ascended flashing a fanged grin that was, for once, pure enjoyment as the other man hopped away over the rooftops. He was quick, agile and had no fear of falling - a perfect partner in something like this.

Giving him a moment or so for a headstart, Lucas wasn't long in following. Adam might have been foolhardy, but his pursuor did not feel pain or need to breathe, so it was a rather good match if you asked him. Still, eventually Lucas did break into a run, dropping down the level after Adam and letting his shadows dart out ahead. He couldn't see through them, so the one that skittered above the other man's head would not catch him out - but it was an early warning that the Ascended was very much on his tail.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
As soon as Adam saw the shadow appear nearby he knew Lucas was getting close and he dived out of the alcove he'd found, sliding as quickly as he could to an edge so he could leap out and climb again, get high so he could survey the area and see where Lucas was.

The ruins were unstable in a lot of parts and often crumbling, so he knew he'd have to double back on himself to be sure he was stepping on solid foundations. Deciding to risk it, he jumped back onto the beam he'd come off of, running the way they had come and adding in a flip as he jumped, just for flash.
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
With a grin that was mostly enjoyment and all predator, Lucas rounded the corner to find that Adam had already moved on, the Ascended's keen eyes trying to search him out. And he would have been long gone, really, had the ruins not betrayed him with their instability. Lucas whipped around, sharp eyes catching the smallest crumbling of rubble, enough to catch Adam running the other way.

"Sneaky," he accused with a dark laugh, turning on heel after him and trying to catch the light in such a way that his shadows could stretch long and high. Running beneath the beam that Adam was balanced upon, one of the shadows would try to reach out and swipe for him.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
Adam couldn't resist turning to blow a kiss when he heard Lucas' accusation, and immediately paid for it - he was grabbed by the shadow, tripped; he determinedly gripped onto a beam as he fell down towards the ground, his palm stinging as it slapped against the rough stone.

Not one to be so easily beaten, he tried to swing himself up, legs around the beam then spinning around with his arms. The manoveur was impressive but took time, and he was inwardly cursing, sure Lucas was about to catch up.
farewell morality.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
The laughter that would drift up to reach Adam as he decided to be arrogant and promptly paid for it was very self-satisfied indeed. Arching an eyebrow as he came strolling up in view of the ex-highwayman, Lucas watched with mild interest as the other man fell and tried to scramble back up to get his feet beneath him. He might have shoved at Adam or tripped him in that moment with his shadows to get the advantage, but why bother when there were much more entertaining ways to go about it?

And so, Adam might find if he wasn't quick enough, that a few shadows darted up and about him, trying to tickle him, of all things, into losing his balance. "Come on now, I'm on your heels!" he called up in warning, his grin obvious in his voice.