Personal Quest (HUNT) i put on my robe and wizard's hat
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The dream of standing back and letting the others fight off a handful of belligerent rodents - big, ugly rodents, admittedly - while he took notes was quickly dashed by the sound of skittering arriving in a wave. Like a swathe of the ugliest shag carpeting the world had ever known, the ROUSes advanced both low and high, and Jigano swore softly as they approached from Emmett's direction.

Deimos and Roana seemed to have the ground assault covered, but that still left the rodents who had climbed above. Grateful that he was in the back, and that everyone else's attention was focused on dealing with the hairy horde, Jigano shook himself once and shifted down into the form of a large raven, flapping towards the ceiling with bright blue eyes and a thick, fierce beak. Isuma flapped up as well as his shoulder disappeared, squeaking alarm. Aware that his size put him at a disadvantage, he mainly tried to knock the rats who had gone up for an aerial attack down by yanking on their tails and letting them drop into the business range of the swords and hooves below, carefully protecting his companions from getting a flying ROUS to the face. The gryphon followed in his wake, slashing at any particularly stubborn ROUses with her envenomed dew claws.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There is a rumble, which becomes a roar, which becomes a whump in the flickering torchlight. The ROUS and their skittering have caused some of the stones to come loose from the tunnel that Emmett has taken shelter within.

They come down hard, knocking the axe out of his hand and sending it sliding across the floor and into the mess of rodents and people. When the mini avalanche is finished, the side tunnel is completely sealed. And Emmett is gone.

A rockslide has cut Emmett off from the group, and he is no longer participating in this PQ.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

It was pure chaos; writhing bodies with sharp little mouths swarming the walls and the floor and the ceiling; Ronin swatted away some of the creatures and set a few ablaze (the stink of burning fur filled the small area) and tried to get his bearings. There was a distant roar over the chittering of rats, and then something nudged up against his foot. Peering down, he spotted the glint of... an axe?

"Emmett?" he called, but it was impossible to see over the mayhem. So Ronin leant down and snatched up the weapon, turning it on the rats instead while holding his torch still aloft.

"We need to clear some space!" he called.

Quick, drive the rats back! Ronin and Jigano are unharmed for now, but the rodents have nipped a bit at Deimos and Roana, oh no!

Post order:
1. Deimos
2. Roana
3. Jigano
RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
There was a roar amidst the darkness, a distraction, a narrowing of his eyes – just a moment long enough for one of the rodents to snatch at his skin, bite into his flesh. He growled at the aches and pains, at the glint of fangs coming back with his blood, at the notion that he’d, once again, managed to be a target for imminent disaster. The beast managed to shake it off, kicking it aside, as he dared to glance down the other pathway. What had happened to the boy?

But then Ronin was shouting over the din, over the mayhem, needing to clear the area, drive and persist, maul and massacre. So that was exactly his intention in a matter of moments: calling upon the darker enchantments inhabiting his form, the deadly, macabre invocations quelling and brewing in his veins with excitement, with fervor, with relish, spreading out from his feet to his fingers. While he swung his sword at those attempting to surround them, he also utilized the life draining magic – towards the ceiling, towards those lurking nearby, towards the ones lingering, closer and closer. Death, he called for, meticulous and derisive, irreverent and hostile, enacting upon precision and bedlam.
the last of a line of lasts
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Surprise death post!

There was a rumbling, then total darkness. For a moment Emmett was still, his arms held over his head, heart thumping against his ribs. When he moved again, it was in complete darkness and his limbs seemed to go all too fast through the air without being able to see them. His feet felt unsteady and unsure too and panic overtook him.

He hit against the rocks, which got him nowhere. His axe had been lost in the tumble so his hands were only getting beaten and bloody the more he hit. Eventually he had to give up before he lost use of them entirely, slide down the wall and sit, calm himself down.

They had to come and rescue him, right?

...Right?

He thought that the first day, and the second. The third, too. By the fourth he was beginning to lose hope, though he had mapped out the network of caves he was in even in the dark, by using his left hand and walking while tracing the walls. There was a loop, then a long shoot off into the unknown. He hadn't wanted to take it, in case it took him away from the place people might look in a rescue.

But he was desperate, so he started down the path. It went for a very long time, it turned out. Eventually it opened out to a pool that he could not see, but when he touched his fingers to it he felt cold liquid. Still, but...he was desperate to drink, so he did.

It was a mistake.

He knew hours later the water had not been clean. Sat against the wall, head in his hands, he marvelled that this was going to be how it ended. He'd gotten into much worse scrapes, argued with the new Queen twice, survived the Longnight that killed his family...but this was going to get him? Something about it seemed horribly unjust, that he should have such a sudden and unromantic ending. That he'd never get to build back a friendship with Phoebe, never get to see how the situation with Zariah rolled out. Never see his two siblings again, who depended on him for everything they had.

They had been left with a neighbour, when he had come on this trip. A good farmwoman, steadfast and hearty; he knew they would be cared for. But would they miss their brother?

After what seemed like forever of these thoughts, of considerations of things he missed, would miss, regretted, was thankful for...it went dark, then he met Ludo. Hey, he thought, At least now I've met alla those three. I got Frey and Safrin ticked off before.

His soul left where his body never would. His mother took him in her arms, holding him tight while his father told him he was proud; that he knew Emmett had tried his best despite all of it. That it didn't matter it had ended like this; he had proved himself one hell of a Palmer.

Back with his family, Emmett let himself let go.

--

On the cave wall was scratched:

im sorry if you find this. my name was emmett.
Emmett
It burns too bright
I think about my self a lot 'cause it's the only one I've got
I've earned this life
What have I done to earn this life?
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Though her sword found purchase on a few of the rodents, they too found purchase on her limbs. Nips at her heels, nips on her arms - nothing awful but awfully irritating. They were horribly outnumbered, and though the ROUS were not particularly powerful themselves, in this horde they were proving a cumbersome foe. One managed to jump down from the ceiling, aimed for her head - but with a shout of irritation she caught it by the head with her free hand and slammed it against the stoney wall with such force the vermin's skull seemed to explode. Served it right, the little nippy shit.

But then the rocks began to fall and it served a small distraction for friend and foe alike. Over the din she heard Ronin's call - make some space. What could make space quite like a claymore? Using the small distraction to her advantage, she charged forward, swinging Krosis in circular, arced motions, cutting through as many ROUS as she could with each single blow.
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Emmett! Jigano called frantically as the stones came down and cut the young man off from the rest of the group. There was too much chaos with the pack of predatory rodents to get closer, however, and by the time the rocks settled it was too late. There was no time to dig anyone out, either, as the fierce, blind beasts renewed their attack, driven to a feeding frenzy by the scent of the offal in Ronin's bag.

He had come to take notes and fight a few rats if he had needed to, but he hadn't expected anything quite like this onrushing tide of terror that squealed and bit and clawed while their weapons seemed to make little dent in their numbers. He didn't have the weaponry or a shift that would be useful to clear space at Ronin's command, but he could at least protect his friends while they used their more effective magic and weapons to do so. Flapping hard, he banked and led Isuma to swoop and dive in a circle above Deimos and Zuriel, fending the climbing rats away from the big man and his unicorn as he swung his sword to clear a path.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Axe and sword and claw - all work in brutal tandem, and in the flickering light of a torch, a score or more of the beasts fly back from the swing of a claymore. Roana has created space - and the rest of the rats recognise a threat when they see one. The majority peel away, skittering and screeching into the black, but one particularly large and nasty ROUS remains, and it is flanked by at least half a dozen big rodents.

"Deimos, Roana - target the biggest one!" Ronin called. "Jigano, with me - we can distract the rest!"

No post order this round! You have 48 hours - help to kill the rat king!

Deimos
Roana
Jigano
RONIN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
Emmett was a forgotten thing for a moment: the sensation of rapacious bloodshed lit a vicious fire in his bones, and he was an unrelenting menace down in the hollowed reaches of time and space. Roana’s claymore cleared a pathway for them, and a larger portion swept away from the arches of steel and the lilting song of massacre, of malice, of death coming for them. He heard Ronin’s command, calling out over the heart of the skittering, screeching throng, the din awakening to further and further reaches – eyes narrowed, glancing at the larger rodent, only missing its crown. Out of the corner of his gaze he could see Zuriel; nearby, awaiting something – otherwise he and Roana were left to face off with the massive rat.

The heathen didn’t hesitate, marching forward on a deliberate, savage intonation, a sweep of movements and motions, not amidst the open battlefield, but clustered and coiled together, like knots on a string, wreaking havoc in the darker folds. He swung his sword towards the beast, his barbaric intentions clear, while anointing another press of his draining incantations, humming its acrimonious hallelujah through his veins and out along the stones, arching, inching, for any rodents nearby.
the last of a line of lasts
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Captain’s orders, as they say. Who was they? Great question, better left for another time.

Roana charged forward, keeping an eye on where Deimos’ blade headed. Risking being nibbled on by some of the smaller ROUS – because really a few more nibbles added to the ones she already had wouldn’t do much – she dashed off to the side. At the very last second she shifted her weight and spun around, tossing her sword from her right to left hand with which she was equally deadly, swinging Krosis out to hit the ROUS below the arc of her comrade’s blade as she fell through the air. Whether her blade caught purchase or not, her one free hand would break her fall, shoving her back up to her feet in a small flip, ready to strike again.
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Fire and shadows, blood and pain, fear and rage; the Underground had become a killing ground, and the silence of Emmett's mind to his call through the Attuned bond was a chilling trickle of ice through the raven's veins as he flapped furiously in the enclosed space to harry the ROUSes and stay clear of their teeth and claws in turn. There was no time to search or mourn the brave young farmer yet, though, not if they wished to prevent further loss of life on the hunt. The unexpected loss still left him shaken enough that he sent Isuma back to perch on Zuriel's back, trusting the two companions to defend each other if it came down to it.

Meanwhile, Jigano banked hard, grateful that his avian form was one capable of aerobatic feats even in the limited space they had to work in. He croaked a harsh assent to Ronin's plan, and let the captain handle the first wave of attack while he flew back a little ways down the tunnel before turning to gain speed and strafe the smaller ROUSes, scratching with sharp talons and pulling whiskers, ears, tails and anything else he could momentarily hook a claw into in his speed run while he attempted to distract them and serve as bait, leading them to a bloody death on the Guildmaster's sword and torch, and away from backing up their impressively large - and even more impressively ugly - leader.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

The underground was quickly becoming a bloodbath, the floor slick with it and littered with the bodies of overlarge and dangerous rodents. Luck was with Deimos and Roana, and their combined attack gave the ROUS nowhere to go but in... well. Several directions. All at once. (In pieces). Its demise caused the rest of the rats to flee back into their respective holes, leaving the group panting, tired, and covered in gore.

"Emmett!" Ronin called as soon as it was clear to do so, pressing a hand against the rocks that had fallen tightly against the branch of tunnels he'd run behind. There was no way they would get through it currently - not with hands slick with so much blood.

"We'll look for him," he said. "Or I will, anyway. Feel free to join me - he can't have gone far."

That was the initial thought, anyway. But after an hour or more of searching and no Emmett, and with the torch all but out and the worry of getting lost themselves, Ronin was forced to abandon the search until sunrise.

Congratulations on completing the PQ! Deimos, Roana and Jigano - you have first dibs on Ronin's next PQ to search the ruins for Emmett! (Pretend we don't know what happens to him, yeah? XD)

Contact me if you want in, I'll be posting it up shortly. <3
RONIN