Blanket Forts and Pillow Fights
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
the baffled king composing hallelujah
"Mm, that is definitely a plus. I don't think I could bear the stuffiness of a Northaven wedding these days." Ronin grinned back at Phoebe, watching out of the corner of his eye as Remi squeaked and became a lion before their eyes, Aoife 'oooooooo'ing appropriately as she became its rider.

He smiled to Phoebe as she continued. "Keep it up," he assured her with a warm nod. "It'll happen, you'll see. Some things need to start out slow for a reason." He shrugged, seeming interested as she continued regarding the blight. "I wish you the best of luck," he said, glancing again at Remi and smirking. "Would you like me to hold the glass for you, love?" he asked.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Don't ever mistake my kindness
”Do you think Safrin will come?” Phoebe asked with a smile. She didn’t see why not. Safrin had revived him and blessed his child, it seemed logical to her. ”I’d invite Frey for you too, but I think they’d be more interested in the honeymoon.” she said with a light laugh, cheeks reddening a bit. But she was getting a little bolder, a little less bashful about making such jokes. She thought Frey would have been proud of her even for that little one.

She nodded in agreement, but appreciated the encouragement. ”That is true. Perhaps it’ll be as successful as your Guild has been someday!” she said with a light laugh, glancing over at Remi with Aoife. ”Well, look at you Aoife! Are we going to have to add lion tamer to your resume?” she said, reaching out to tickle her cheek with soft fingers. At the wish of luck she smiled over at Ronin. ”Thanks, we need it. For the gods to not know what it is makes me a bit nervous.” It was a lot to bear – find something the gods can’t even find.

She watched happily as Ronin spoke to Remi, calling him love with his cheeky little grin. She sighed and then, in a very unladylike fashion, downed her full glass of wine in two quick gulps. Someday. Someday someone would look at her like Ronin looked at Remi. Someday someone would call her love, and really mean it. She just wished she knew when someday was. While Ronin helped Remi she quietly snuck out to grab the bottle of wine, returning with it and her refilled glass.
for weakness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
all our lives i watched you search beneath the fallen skies
Lions couldn't blush, but just hearing Ronin call him such was enough to fill Remi with what felt like an eternal warmth. Indeed, had any other attuneds been present, they would have been bowled over by the surge of affection radiating from the alchemist. Flashing Ronin a fanged grin and nodding, the lion continued to lap at the glass. His tongue was so course though, that already etchings of his tongue were appearing on the side.

As Aoife began to wobble on his back, the lion immediately lowered himself to the ground. It was nearly her bedtime, and when her mind started to get sleepy, so too did her balance take a turn for the worst. Curling up and letting the girl slide down his side like her own personal amusement ride, the lion nuzzled against her, resisting the instinctive urge to growl as she tugged on his whiskers.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You'll regret that," Ronin warned with a light laugh as he spotted the marks Remi was starting to leave on the glass, though he did dutifully lean forward to hold it for him so he could get to his wine. Only as Aoife's grabby little hands started making for his whiskers did Ronin intervene, and he was busy wrestling his daughter off the lion when Phoebe returned.

"I think I'll take this little one up to bed," he said. "That way we can talk without being crawled all over - besides, any more excitement and I can feel a tantrum brewing." This last part he cooed down at Aoife, who giggled and burbled right back at him.

After delivering sloppy Aoife kisses to all in attendance, Phoebe included, Ronin scooped her up and away and ducked out of the fort so he could put her down for a nap.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled as she watched Ronin wrestle with his rambunctious child, and was more than pleased to get her sloppy baby kisses before she was promptly carted off to bed. Her sadness must’ve been seeping through their bond, because shortly after, Pim came scurrying in – whatever antics he had been up to with Sugar promptly abandoned in favor of comfort snuggles. He curled up at her side, tail wrapping around her legs and head resting on her lap. The young midwife smiled a little and scratched at the little nubs on his head that were beginning to sprout horns.

”You two are so cute.” Phoebe said with a smile towards Remi, though it didn’t quite reach her eyes. She was overjoyed for him, but it still made her heart ache in a way for all the things she wanted but had slipped from her grasp.
for weakness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The lion let himself be child-handled a bit more by Aoife before she was scooped away to bed. Even with his leonine features, his adoration for the star-eyed girl was abundantly clear, bordering on his love for Ronin in fact.

Shifting back into his regular body, Remi stretched to loosen his muscles, before sinking down comfortably against a smattering of pillows. Reaching for his wine glass and frowning at the deep grooves his tongue had left in it, Remi quickly transmuted the glass back to its regular shape and took another sip.

"Cute has always been what we strive for, so thank you for noticing." Remi quipped back with a soft shake of his head.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin returned soon enough, the hunter seeming relaxed and happy but still glad to have put Aoife down for her nap. Sometimes it was easier to get everything done without a child clambering up your leg - especially when one of those things was your husband-to-be. Of course currently they had company, so Ronin took up his wine glass and settled down beside Remi, leaning in to affectionally kiss his curls.

"Everything okay?" he asked - he hadn't been there for the conversation but Phoebe looked... bittersweet to say the least. And having a dragon of his own, he knew well that the creatures tended to be more in tune with their feelings, sometimes, than they were themselves.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe laughed lightly at Remi, sticking her tongue out at him playfully. ”Well you are succeeding. Congratulations.” she said, taking a healthy sip of her wine and letting it warm her stomach. She turned melancholic smile on to Ronin as he came back in and sidled up next to Remi, kissing his hair. Sigh. She had always loved when Emmett did that to her. Another healthy sip of wine and she dropped her gaze to Pim, who was humming contentedly from the head scritches.

”Oh! I brought snacks too!” she said, patting Pim’s head. ”Pim, go get the treats.” she said to him. The pink dragon grumbled but scurried out, returning a few moments later with a bag in his jaws. He set it down in the middle of the three before curling around Phoebe again. Inside were an assortment of baked treats and candies to munch on. Ronin’s question made her falter a little, Phoebe not being one who was particularly good at guarding her emotions. ”It’s fine. I was just telling Remi how cute you two are together…I hope someday someone loves me like that.” she said quietly, looking into her near empty second glass of wine as if it might hold all the answers.
for weakness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Flashing Phoebe a triumphant smile, Remi leaned forward to refill his wine glass as Ronin re-entered. "That was quick." Remi grinned pointedly as the guild master sank down next to him. Smiling at the display of affection, he happily sipped at his wine. Quickly though his smile dropped off as Phoebe began to answer Ronin's question. As the midwife looked down into her wine cup, Remi shot Ronin and imploring look, raising a brow slightly. He'd only just mentioned that she and Emmett had broken up and that she wanted a place to stay. The question of are you alright could not have been more clearly answered.

"They will." Remi said reassuringly, reaching forward to softly squeeze Phoebe's knee, foot, or any part of her leg within reach. "It is not like either of us have ended up with the first people we fell in love with." The alchemist added with a side-long glance towards Ronin. He hoped there had been someone before Vanya so that he hadn't just darkened the conversation yet more. But the point was, first loves were just that. Rarely did they end up being one's last.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
At Remi's look, Ronin could only arch an eyebrow right back at the alchemist and shrug gently. He had been asking specifically about that moment, having not been privy to the conversation - it wasn't his fault if talk had turned to love. Even so, the hunter let his arm slip around Remi's waist as he finished his wine off and smiled apologetically across at Phoebe. "Remi is right, of course. Usually, you'll find that the right person comes along without you intending for it."

Shrugging his shoulders, he set his glass down. "And until then, be kind to yourself. That's the best advice I can give." He smiled in response to Remi's sidelong glance; no, Vanya was not his first love. And thankfully they had both found each other, after their loves had gone - for whatever reason that might be.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She knew they were trying to be encouraging, but it was hard to accept. Phoebe lifted her glass to her lips and finished the last sip in it before refilling it again. Her cheeks reddened with warmth, already feeling the light, airy tingly effects of the alcohol after consuming two glasses of it so quickly. She smiled a bit at Remi, seeing his look towards Ronin. ”It’s okay Remi. There is no harm in asking it…it is what it is.” she said with a light shrug. She couldn’t get offended every time someone asked her about her feelings, just as they couldn’t expect her to be anything other than she was. Well they could, but they’d be disappointed.

”Maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe I will end up alone with fifty cats, yelling at children to get off my lawn.” she joked, self-deprecating humor coming easily in her mood. In response, Pim growled low, tail flicking with irritation. ”Be kind to myself?” she said to Ronin, raising a brow. She wasn’t sure she actually knew what that meant honestly. She knew what it meant to be kind to others, but herself? Why? She was a hot mess of emotions, mostly of the unhappy variety, burying it all in work and tasks involving nurturing others because it was easier.
for weakness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
At the mention of cats, Remi raised his eyebrows playfully and looked towards Pim. "I am sure he will be thrilled with the company." If Sugar was anything to go by, bringing in scurrying furry food and calling it a pet was not going to work out in the long run.

Stifling a yawn, Remi pulled his knees up towards his chest and leaned his head against Ronin as he gently swirled the remaining wine in his glass.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”But of course. Learn to be kind to yourself and everything else will fall into place eventually. I mean, how can you expect someone else to be able to live with you until you can live with yourself?” Ronin smiled and shrugged his shoulders. Of course it sounded easy now that he had seemingly gotten all of his ducks in a row, now that he had Remi and they were about to get married. But it hadn’t always been that way, and he was well aware of that.

Refilling his glass and lifting it to ‘cheers’ Phoebe, letting his arm snake around Remi to hold him close, Ronin relaxed back to discuss whatever the night might bring. Wine, a pillow fort and good company - even if it hadn’t been expected, was it really so bad?

~END