eff why eye
For Zariah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
reputation precedes me, they told you i'm crazy
There was a game afoot; one that Edy had been keeping her eye on. But now that the rules and parameters were sufficiently well-marked, it was time to let Zariah in on the secret. It wouldn't have done to mention anything to the queen sooner: Z would have had questions that Edy wouldn't have been able to answer.

But now she could.

"Zariah?" Edy called, rapping her knuckle against the ornate door that led into the Queen's office.
i swear i don't love the drama, it loves me

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Zariah
Zariah was in a foul mood. Not that she was ever in a particularly fabulous mood, always lurking on the edge of irritation or anger. But today was an exception. The public audience had been a nightmare and she had half a mind to have Jigano hung simply because she could, and she would get such great pleasure out of seeing him dead and blowing in the breeze. But alas, that would only serve to prove her point.

He would get his comeuppance in due time.

The rapping on her door and her looking up from the enlistment form she had just received, analyzing who was and who was not listed (puzzling, a Fae signed up? She would have to send Delah a message about that…). ”Come in, Edrei, you needn’t knock.” she called back, eyes still scanning her papers.
Beautiful like a forest fire

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy would always knock, though. It was just one of those things.

Letting herself in, Edy lazily looked over the papers on Z's desk before taking a seat before. Neatly crossing her legs and flashing the head a respectful smile, the younger woman let her fingers tap against the arms of her chair as her smile turned mischevious.

"A few weeks ago I stumbled upon...a rather interesting group. They ... how shall I put this...have an interesting set of skills that they would like to put to use. Skills that...oh, some might find unsavory." Far from being one of those people though, Edy merely grinned. Having those willing to do the dirty work was a foundational jewel of any good government, after all.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Zariah
Zariah’s gaze flicked up as Edrei sat, brows furrowing slightly as she watched her expression change from one of respect to mischief. Just what was her left hand up to now? Deciding it was best to save the paperwork for a less intriguing moment, she sat back in her chair, arms crossing as she listened to what Edrei had to say. The queen crossed her arms, watching her in silence for a moment.

”You’re being coy.” Zariah said quietly, still mulling over her words. ”How is it that you came upon this group? What is it you think they are capable of…and what do they want besides putting these skills to use?” she asked, curious as to the underlying reason for Edrei telling her this…and why she was telling her now.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"I had sex with their leader." Edy replied with a shrug. "So I was invited into this top secret boy's club." She added with a white-toothed grin.

As for their use? Well...

"Originally I thought it best just to keep an eye on them. Hear what they were planning and report back. At the beginning, it was all recruitment without much purpose. A destined—Adam, the one I told you about with the gun—two accepteds and an ascended. All .." Edy stopped herself before saying outlanders, shooting Z a grin. "..all from worlds where their specific talents, while not necessarily above board, were quite useful."

Holding her fingers out and letting fire lick easily across her palms, Edy shrugged. "Now though they've solidified themselves into something more solid. The Devil's Advocates I believe they're calling themselves. The Devil being...some sort of monster from another world." Edy wasn't sure. Lucas' backstory hardly interested her. "This group provides...certain services, and I believe would be more than willing to support you as their Queen, and offer you their services as well."

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah
”I had sex with their leader.” Of course she did. Why did she even ask?

Her brow did raise though as Edrei began to explain herself. It was…awfully crafty for Edrei. Subtle, even, in a way. ”My, my, my…” Zariah cooed, a smirk tugging at her lips. ”Quite the femme fatale you’ve become my dear…I am quite impressed with your tact and forethought.” she said, lips pursed in a pleased smirk. Her head tilted to the side then as she quietly considered, tilting back in her chair briefly to grab a bottle of wine and two glasses off the shelf behind her.

”The Devil’s Advocates, hm? I shall do some digging into what this ‘devil’ is.” she said as she poured them each a glass of red wine. Not that it terribly mattered but she was curious what sort of monster they were having represent them. ”Usually such groups actively defy monarchs. Why ever would they wish to help me?” she said, setting the bottle down before sitting back in her chair. ”What would their price be, and do you really think they could live up to my standards?”

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
With a grin in response to Z's approval, Edy tipped her head forward to accept the compliment though tried not to let herself look too proud of herself. She did look a bit like a cat with a canary's feather sticking out of her mouth, though.

"Price? Oh...a bit of a blind eye to some of their schemes. So far it all sounds a bit pedestrian, especially given what they can provide in turn. I'll let Lucas fill you in more about that though.." Edy said, thinking specifically of his box which could duplicate items. Especially if Z was serious about initiating a monetary system again, that could come in quite handy. "Would you be willing to meet with him?"

As for Z's standards?

"Who else but a Launceleyn could live up to your standards? Even then, I've seen many fail." Edy countered with another shrug.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah
Zariah clasped her hands, tapping her index fingers together as she thought. ”I suppose if their schemes are not remarkably blatant, a blind eye would be easy enough payment.” she mused, before reaching out and taking a sip of her wine. She swirled the garnet colored liquid thoughtfully, considering the proposition before her. ”I would indeed. Send him to meet with me here…but take him through the back way to the private meeting room. Blindfolded at the very lease. I wouldn’t want any to see him come, nor him to really know where he was or how he got there. I trust you to handle the details.”

She smirked and shrugged at her response, sipping her wine. ”Fair enough. Now tell me since you know him so well, what is my best method of manipulation for this leader of the Devil’s Advocates?”

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Glancing at the wine and remembering what had happened the last time she and Zariah drank together, Edy felt something coil unhelpfully in her belly. But fuck it, wine was wine, and Z only ever had the best anyways.

The notion of blindfolding Lucas made Edy grin mischievously, and she nodded her happy compliance. "Oh I can more than do that. I have developed...a new magical ability. One that's quite potent on this specific ring-leader." She said, flashing a devilish grin. "Lucas is an ascended, always eager for more power. But he is infinitely lazy. Good with words and more than happy to delegate tasks." Edy answered with a shrug. "But he is clever. He has a mind for manipulation and I believe he will happily take whatever he finds to be the easiest and most beneficial path when it comes to whatever agreement you and he strike."

In short? The perfect ally.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah
Zariah smirked over the top of her wine glass as she swirled it. A perfect ally indeed. She sipped her wine, looking at Edrei almost affectionately for a moment.

"My, Edrei, you are full of surprises today. First a den of vagabonds and now a new ability you've hidden from me?" she said smoothly, a smile playing on her lips. "What ability is it, so I might hold it over his head? And praise you for growing in strength of course." she said. Which reminded her...

Zariah opened a drawer in her desk and pulled out the two enchanted crystals. "Here is your vision, brought to light by Remi. I've already charged this one with all of my master abilities, as well as my mind control for you." she said, pushing one towards her. "I belive it will fit nicely in your Left Hand pendent. And I would be quite pleased if you would charge this crystal with your abilities as well...especially that new one you've mentioned."

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy grinned. "The magic seems to...make one's worst nightmare appear quite real before their eyes. Unfortunately I have to be quite close, but that just makes it all the more effective." She said with a white-toothed grin.

Raising a brow as Zariah revealed the amulets that Edy had verbally sketched out, she inhaled sharply when she heard that they were charged with some of Zariah's strongest magics. Reaching forward with tentative fingers as if expecting the head's power to somehow seep out, Edy swallowed and nodded her head with a reverent appreciation. "Thank you." She breathed, then set about casting her own magic into the device. One nightmare blast, coming up.

"If there is nothing else, I will fetch Lucas for you."

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah
Zariah raised a brow as Edrei described her magic. How very intriguing…and useful. ”That combined with my mind control should make quite the formidable duo.” she said, smiling at Edrei adoringly. Really, she could not have asked for better from her. ”Keep surprising me. It is a very attractive look on you.” she said, a hint teasingly but still honest. When Edrei was on her game, she was a powerful ally.

The queen nodded and stood, pocketing her own crystal once it had been charged with magical power. ”Indeed, go fetch this Devil. I shall be waiting for him.” she said, a slight smirk on her lips. This was going to be interesting to say the least.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!