Notice Board
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
To all Outlanders;

About one year ago, in the season of LongHeat 309 PC, I came upon information about how The Voice brought you all here.

Through a complicated device, it was her intention to bring in aid from outside so that she might escape her prison, the Barrier that lay over the Hollwed Ground for roughly 300 years. This device works by collecting information across mulptiple worlds, and by copying it onto Caido, adapted to fit the laws of this world. Though her mission has now been accomplished, with the fall of the Barrier, the device appears to still be functioning. I have some reason to believe that this device might be located within the Spire, but I have not yet confirmed this.  

This means, in essence, that you who are here, now, are not the original versions of yourself. Somewhere, your true selves may still be alive, living their lives as they were before you were brought here. For all intents and purposes you are still REAL. Your souls are genuine and there is NO evidence that any of the gods treat you differently because of this. Upon death, your souls will still go to Mort, and you are still alive by the graces of Vi and Rae.

If you have any questions regarding this, or can provide more information on the subject matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I can be most easily reached through the staff at the VlamVloed.

It is my hope that this information will bring you all some measure of answer and closure, and I can only apologize for not being able to bring it to you sooner.

Best Regards,
Maea Valair
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
FAREWELL

With the Temple (mostly) repaired, I wanted to take the opportunity to apologise for my behaviour at Fiat Lux. I did not intend to harm anyone other than myself, and in my grief it escaped my purview that others might care for me enough to intervene.

I do not intend to return to the Hollowed Grounds. Too much has happened and there are too many ghosts here. But please seek me out in Torchline should you wish to speak with me.

I must stress my reluctance, however, at using the portals that have been opened by the Voice. My journey back to Torchline shall be the last time I use such a device. I believe wholeheartedly that to normalise their usage is to play into whatever this renegade goddess plans.

To my Ascended friends, I wish you no ill. But please think about the past, and the dangers of it repeating itself.

Farewell,

Ronin Taliesin

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

AN EPIC FOR A FAVOUR

Looking for an individual or a group to capture THE PRINCE, the creature living in the Underground and take it to the entrance of the caves where I can guide it to the Voice's shrine.

It is very important The Prince be handled kindly and humanely. Any harm to come to the Prince will be enough to void the payment.

In payment, I will write an epic tome cataloguing the life of the person (or persons) in question, that will take a prideful place in the Atheneum.

Thank you.

(OOC Note: If you do this, I will actually write the epic poem for you.)
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SHRINE OPEN

The Temple and shrine have been rebuilt and are now open.

- Sunjata Senzaok
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
The Storms

I received a vision that suggests that the Elemental Storms that separate the Hollowed Grounds from the rest of Caido - and each land from one another - was erected by Rae to prevent The Voice from gaining access to the continent should the Barrier fall.

They will not be settled by any means. Only when another portal is opened and their purpose has become void will the storms disippate.

Please, consider the consequences of proceeding with further opening of these gateways. It clearly goes against the will of Rae to do so, and I'm concerned about repercussions should we continue to act without knowing more about the past, or any possible consequences in the future. I fear another war of the gods, like the one that preceded the Cataclysm, and I hope we can all agree that such an outcome is less than desirable.

Sincerely,
Maea Valair

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
A RESPONSE

I know many of you admire the Dark Star, and heed his words. I, however, must urge you not to be blinded by his frankly unfounded worries. And Maea, you know I count you among my dearest friends. But I find myself needing to tell others what I have expressed to you in private.

Those who follow the old gods always appeal to the past, as if any of us truly know what happened back then, and as if it was a better time. The truth of the matter is, we don't know if either of those opinions have any basis in reality. I would urge you not to look backwards, but forward. Don't let fear blind you to the fact that we can make real, actual progress, and work towards a brighter future.

Can any of you honestly say that your lives have been worsened by access to the portals? Or that you are upset that new parts of the world have been opened up to you? Or that you are excited to find out what other lands are currently beyond our reach due to the machinations of Rae and the other old gods? People are always afraid of that which is new, but I would remind you both that there are real, tangible benefits to being able to travel to new regions, and that history is written by the victors.

It is time for all of us to stop repeating the same cycles, and instead forge a new path. The Voice wants nothing but freedom. Perhaps it is time for you all to question the old gods and their actions and motivations with the same fervor with which you question the new.

Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
WARNING:

DRAGON LAND

There is a land filled with dragons just beyond the mountains of Halo. Tons of dragons. There is also a group of cultists who try to protect people from this land. Be wary. The cultists do plan to kill anyone they see and the dragons have the power to kill giants.

Remain safe and choose what you do wisely.

- Oliver

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
HELP NEEDED

My sister, Freina, a citizen by birth of the Hollowed Grounds, has been missing since the Fiat Lux Festival, when she was separated from our family during the chaos hullabaloo event. We miss her terribly and I must find her and return her to our family, or at least bring news of what fate has befallen her.

I have searched for her many places, but need three volunteers to help me safely search the Labyrinth for her, as I daren't go there alone due to the threats of the shifting hedges and the possibility of boggarts. Anyone who feels up to the task is welcome to come, at their own risk. I'll do everything I can to protect you, of course, but I am still new to adventuring.
                    ~Quanil

Thread: {PQ} a single courageous step
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
My Plans as Natural Adviser

Recently you nominated me to be the representative of our Natural community here in the Hollowed Ground; a position I take very seriously indeed and will do my utmost to deserve your faith in my ability to use it for our greater good. My job as I see is not to further any divide between the Naturals and Outlanders but to make sure in any agreements or decisions going forwards, interests particular to Naturals are kept in mind. I will be working closely with Jigano, our Outlander Adviser, to make sure decisions are best for both sides, and with the hope that we can one day unify as a whole community.

My plans so far:
  • Pitch a possibility for a Naturals history department which would seek to especially chronicle the history of those born here and our heritage, with a special place in the Atheneum.
  • Speak to Natural citizens in Sanctuary to see what concerns are most common
  • Encourage Naturals to engage in the exploration beyond the barrier as well as new Outlander journeyers.

If anyone would like to leave a suggestion, you can do so at the suggestion box in the temple.

Samuel Wordsworth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
Weapons Training

Weapons Training is available in group capacity at the Militia Barracks. Munitions will be provided for you, but if you have your own, feel free to bring it. No experience necessary.

- General Deimos Ignatius

PQ Link: {PQ} substance and blood
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Brokering Peace With the Gourds

The tensions between humans and gourds has grown ridiculous. Tomorrow I will be going to the outskirts to try and speak to the gourds regarding their unusual levels of violence. I ask you to try and refrain from mauling them until an agreement can be reached. These are, after all, creatures given life by Vi.

Should you wish to accompany me, we will assemble at dawn in the outskirts. Please note that this is to be a non-violent mission. Aggression toward the gourds will not be tolerated, except in self-defense.

{PQ} pumpkin parlay
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
CALLING ALL ATTUNED

I am planning on hosting an event where you will be able to understand your shifts and unlock more opportunities with them. Come with an open mind free of judgement to the Temple. This is a time to learn and become better, no fighting will be tolerated.

- Oliver

{Mini Event} paint splatters on your paws

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
For All Who Knew Maea

The below passage was written by my hand, but dictated to me by Maea before she settled fully with my father Mort. It was her wish to convey her final thoughts, wishes, and emotions to those she held most dear in life, and whose stories she will tell with great joy to Mort himself.

I hope these words bring you peace, and should you wish to speak with me,  you may find me in Ludo's Woods. Simply call to the spirits, and I will find you.

~Delphia Thanatos

Many times I asked myself where this journey began. If it was the day I decided to leave my brother's farm and stay at the Rathskellar over LongNight, to ease the burden of food on his family. -My- family. Or maybe, if it was that moment when the Spark Bird landed on the perch and I, for the first time, set foot outside on a LongNight. It was the first time I allowed myself to believe in miracles too.

Or maybe it was that conversation with Jigano that -really- set me on my path. Being told that there is hope, even when you cannot see it yourself, is a powerful thing.

But then, there was also that moment when I watched a man give his life for what he believed was the right thing to do. Ronin showed me what bravery truly looked like, and while I never really got the chance to speak to him, he still changed me. Enough that I eventually stepped in to alter my own fate, and set myself upon the path that led me here.

I lost many things in my time. A mother, before I ever knew her. A father, before I could make him proud of who I had become. A brother, before I understood how beautiful life could be. A home, and friends, before I realized that some things can never be truly lost. That they stay with you, no matter where you go.

We will never know where I went that year when I vanished. Even now, it is a riddle I have yet to solve. All I know is that I was put back into the world right where I left it - only, a little further away in time and space - and maybe there is some logic in that. Or irony, perhaps. To me, it really was only one year that passed in the end, since I hugged my brother for the last time. One Flowerbirth of grief, one LongHeat of love, and half a Leafchange before I followed him into the final rest.

It seems so very brief, the time I was allowed to share with you. But rather than speak of what has been lost, please. Let me tell you of all that I gained.

Confidence, to stand tall and speak my mind, even when no one wants to listen.
Courage, to dream when it seems like the most dangerous thing in the world.

Patience, well... I wish I could say I truly gained this, but let us be honest. It never was a virtue of mine.

Friendship. Oh, so much friendship. I remember all of you who crossed my path. Your faces and your names are part of me, whether our time together was long or brief.

Amalia, Evie, sisters of my soul. You made me who I am, and I will always be grateful for the lessons you taught me. I'm glad we got to meet again, and settle some differences before I had to leave.

Jigano, teacher and pillar. You let me lean on you, and gave you far too much trouble in return. Thank you for letting me find my own path, even when you disagreed about the direction I chose to walk in. I hope I did not let you down too much.

Amun, brother of my heart. I guess you never have to see my face turn wrinkled and saggy now. You always found me in the cold and the dark, and led me back home. I hope you know, I put in every effort to change my ways, just like you asked.

Loren, my dearest friend. I'm sorry I won't be able to give you that reward now. I hope you have found some courage to continue on, even in the face of grief and despair. You healed me, in more ways than you known, and taught me that even someone like me can hold out a hand, and make a difference. Thank you for showing me what it means to fly!

Weaver, staunch ally. I liked you before I knew you, and when we finally spoke, I knew I had found a friend. Lifelong, as it turns out. Don't let this parting be a reason to lose faith. Life is beautiful because it is fleeting, and the promise of endings only makes each beginning all the more precious. Don't you agree? I hope you make the most of the book of recipes I left you. Make something for me, won't you?

Nate, kind helper. Don't worry, you will find your way even without me to hold your hand. Your heart is still warm, and you are capable of so much good, if you only allow yourself to see it. You took on the worries of a stranger, and you helped me find a way to live to the fullest. I can never thank you enough for that gift.

Saiden, you rogue. I'm sorry we didn't part on the best of terms. And that I couldn't return the favor I owe you. Perhaps in another life, we can start over, and I might give you more of a chance. I wish you well, and I hope you know that the crystal we got hold of saved my life twice, before the odds stacked up too high against me. It was worth all the bruises in the end.

Rexanna, my Queen. I cannot thank you enough for the kindness you showed me. We barely knew each other, yet I still thought of you as a friend. Take care of my homeland for me, will you? It is still precious to me, even now.

Hotaru, fair fighter. It's too bad, isn't it. Had things gone differently, it could have been you and I. At least we got to spar together. I hope you find the home you are looking for.

Wessex, noble soul. I'm sorry to disappoint. Just know I gave it my all, until the end. I hope that's worth something.

Melita, little spark. Don't let anyone quench that fire in you! I know you didn't like me, but I still enjoyed our talk. May your arrows fly straight, and your tongue stay sharp.

Quanil, little loreseeker. May you succeed where I could not, and find a way to help others without burning yourself out. Don't lose that optimism of yours! In this world of ours, it is a priceless gift.

Phoebe, brave girl. May you find the happiness you seek. I'm sorry I couldn't be a better friend.

Remi... It was brief, but it was fun! I hope you find a purpose you can live with, and live for.

Delphia, beautiful guide. Thank you.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
Prison Cleaning

If anyone would be willing to assist in refurbishing the prisons to a working order, please gather at the Ironbolt Penitentiary tomorrow morning. Thank you.

- General Deimos Ignatius

PQ Link: {PQ} color of rust