children of the rain and snow
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
she was afraid of heights
Amalia listens with quiet intensity as Ludo explains the moniker, her face awash with bemused pleasure, both delighted and puzzled by the turn of events. It is not for her to deny the gods, and yet she shakes her head, disbelieving, utterly unworthy of such recognition, proud and delighted in spite of that. "I..."

Stammering, unsure exactly what to say, Amalia simply bows her head. She had never expected to amount to anything, and now she is touched by a god.

"Oh!" Remembering something, Amalia pops up, her dark eyes seeking the mask in the trees. "I, ah, had a request for you, actually. My friend, Adam- you gave him a horn, and he filled it with alcohol." Her nose wrinkles in distaste. "Is there a way to change the contents to something that would help him feel better, without making him sick?"
but she was much more afraid
of never flying
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Legs still swinging from the tree branch, Ludo's mask tilted curiously as Amalia spoke about another purpose - something she had come to the shrine to do? Was it not for a puppet show and nothing else, then? A shame. It hmmmed long and hard as she explained, dropping from the trees again to hover before her. A slip of fabric snaked out to accept the horn.

"Shield of Safrin, one who brought souls to me, lost at Longnight. I can empty the horn from the minotaur that it might be filled anew. I will ask nothing from you - this time. But a boon from a god does not come about often. Be sure this is what you want to spend it on."

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
she was afraid of heights
Ludo's thoughtful consideration of the favor gives Amalia some pause, concern that she has pushed too far, asked for one too many things. Still, the baker's gaze holds steady as the soul guide slips down from the tree, handing the horn over obediently as it hovers before her. She had not expected the boon to come for free, and she dips her head in gratitude, acceptance of the terms.

"Thank you, Ludo," the baker - the Shield - breathes, smiling softly up at the being, no second thoughts in her mind. She understands the weight of the gift, the generosity, and her face and voice are luminous with appreciation. There is nothing Amalia would rather use her boon on than her friends: if her efforts, her triumphs in this world can improve the lives of those she loves, the girl will be content. "My friend - Adam - I will do my best to help him live a life worthy of Mort's love, when the time comes."

Then her eyes flutter down, something bittersweet crossing her face, an unspoken thing she has spent too long not voicing. "And... and thank you, for Longnight. And for after. Having a purpose after... after what happened... and hearing from my grandmother..." She swallows, glancing back up at the god. "I don't know that I would have made it here, otherwise."
but she was much more afraid
of never flying
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Ludo absently turned the horn this way and that as Amalia spoke, tipping it upside down and smacking it hard even as her heartfelt words whispered through the woods and the leaves. A great deal of alcohol spilled out and into the dirt, followed by a curious pop!, by which time the deity handed it back to her, satisfied.

"He is a funny man. He brings me dolls and things to smoke," he said of Adam, but 'funny' did not necessarily mean 'worthy of Mort's love'. Nodding to Amalia, Ludo sailed back up and through the trees. "You have a purpose, Amalia - so you must be here for a long while yet. And also for our puppet show. Goodbye!" it called.

~END

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own