not what you think (probably)
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
reputation precedes me, they told you i'm crazy
Edy needed Jigano motherfucking prontosaurous batman. The only problem was, since Zariah had placed a bounty on his head the tricksy bard hadn't been seen. Not by the likes of the crown anyways. But the fire-mage seriously doubted that he was gone. He cared too much about the ragtag group he'd assembled for himself to just disappear. That and they were all fairly pissed off at the meeting Zariah threw. You didn't just go stew in a hole somewhere, fox or not, after something like that.

So, given that Edy knew really of only two people she knew Jigano was fond of (Amalia and Rory), and given that she still sort of wanted to kill Rory a bit (having killed Amalia once was probably enough), the Launceleyn (aka the new QUEEN) figured visiting the baker would be her best bet.

And so she did.

"Amalia?" She called, poking her head into the shop and immediately feeling her mouth water at all the delicious smells.
i swear i don't love the drama, it loves me

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
Amalia cannot say she is particularly pleased to see Edrei. In fact, it would not be far from the truth to say she is as displeased as she can be. As soon as the door opens the girl freezes, her mouth going dry as the dark head full of curls pops its way in. She's known that this moment would come for a week now, but still a cold fear grips her chest, making her figure taut.

In truth, Amalia has scarcely spoken to Edrei since that night when they fixed the Spark Bird perch. The memories of the event remain a little blurry, but wild black hair and glowing cruel eyes before the world went dark? That she remembers.

And though the baker knows it was involuntary, though she knows it was a trick, it doesn't quench the memory of dying that flares up when she looks at this girl, now Left Hand of the Queen. What is she supposed to say to the woman come to arrest her? Let me get my things. Will I need to pack a towel?

She'd wanted a chance to say goodbye to Deimos, but maybe it is better this way.

"Hello, Edrei." Her voice is measured, but beneath the counter her fists are clenched, white-knuckled with nails digging half-moons in her palms. "Give me a minute to clean up." Her brain is spinning with the things that need to be done. Jyoti is off with Kiada. The garden will be tended. She should leave a note for Deimos, and Ronin, telling them not to do anything stupid.

That soon enough, she'll be back.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Nahhhh you're fine." Edy says, fully entering the shop and leaning casually against one of the shelves. The Launceleyn is dressed quite casually, at least compared to Zariah who carried around pomp and circumstances like a pair of breasts.

"Sooo...seen any new notices lately?" She said, her voice a low purr, a brow mischievously arched. Even if Amalia hadn't, the news had probably spread. This town was gossipy as all fuck, though everyone probably cared more about the fact that Zariah was gone, rather than Edy's 'promotion'. "That's why I'm here. Seems our pal Jigano has been a little scarce since...oh you know, he became a fugitive. But I need to talk to him." Edy continued, still in a casual and youthful voice, as if she were simply asking for a mixed basket of scones and not for the former-guildmaster to potentially walk into a trap.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Edy invites herself in, and Amalia tenses further, eyeing the woman like a wary animal. That the fiery woman's behavior is entirely unlike anything she might have expected only sets her further on edge: she would much rather be told Hey, I've come to drag you off than play a game of cat and mouse.

"Notices?" Amalia repeats, looking at her oddly pleased expression and groaning internally. "There's been a lot of notices recently. Any in particular?" She hasn't been to the temple today, hasn't left the shop, and the news has yet to reach her.

Ah. So they're still gunning for Jigano. Amalia relaxes a little, remarkably, looking thoughtfully at Edrei, trying hard to conceal her feelings from her face. "I already told Zariah I don't know where he is," she lies. Something stops her from holding there. Jigano always seemed fond of the mage, even though she was part of Zariah's entourage. Maybe... Maybe she should hear her out. "Why do you need to talk to him?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Thinking Amalia was probably just playing coy, Edy reached up pantomiming adjusting a crown on her head. "You know. About the new interim queen?" She asked, flashing the baker a shockingly white smile.

Glancing casually around the shop, Edy pursed her lips as Amalia inquired what it was the fire mage wanted the bard for. "Mmm, sex stuff." She replied, the only indication she was kidding was the dark spark of amusement in her eyes. And, when it came to Edy, there was always a bit of sex stuff lurking in the background, so it was sort of the truth, anyhow.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"Interim... Queen?" Amalia blinks, utterly bewildered a moment as Edy raises her hands to her head, pantomiming a crown. Then realization hits her like a truck, and her black eyes widen in surprise and bemusement. "You? What happened to Zariah?"

She can't say if this is better or worse.

She continues to watch Edrei glance and pace, her mind working a mile a minute as she tries to make sense of it all. Almost subconsciously the girl reaches out with her mind, looking for nearby birds to scout around and see if there are guards outside, if this is some kind of trap. The comment of sex stuff makes her choke, coughing a laugh as her attention shifts back to the wild-haired new Queen. For a moment she considers, narrowing her eyes.

Then she shrugs.

"I can tell him you were looking," she says, slowly, "If I see him. And if I'm not arrested as well."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"uhh... Top secret mission from the Voice. Very hush-hush. You know how it goes." Edy shrugged, as if there was any world in which Amalia would in fact know how that went.

Edy grins as Amalia chokes, her comment basically having the desired effect. Shock and awe are basically all the not-teenager is about, when you get right down to it. "Great." As for arrests? EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. "I mean...the other baker is pretty shit, so.." Edy shrugs with a youthful carelessness that she wears like a second skin. "So you're pardoned on account of...you know..baker stuff."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"I don't." Maybe not the most diplomatic answer, but Amalia is still a little dazed, rather expecting this whole thing to have been an elaborate ruse. The birds, however, report no such thing: indeed, they say the day is quiet, and they are pleased, because it means more stale bread.

You're pardoned.

Everything else slips out of consciousness, left behind by those two words. You're pardoned. You're pardoned. You're pardoned. Over and over she silently repeats them, as though repetition might make them feel true. "Oh. Okay."

And then, because she desperately wants Edy to leave before she breaks down into relieved tears, Amalia presses a whole wheat loaf and a coffee cake and some scones at the girl. "Here. A coronation gift. I will make sure your message reaches our friend."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy shrugs off the baker's lack of understanding. In truth, the fire-mage doesn't understand it either, so it's probably best that they both just let the subject go.

Overjoyed at the sudden offering of gifts (and horrific at reading and reacting to emotional responses), Edy immediately reaches into the proferred loaves and pops almost an entire scone into her mouth. "-ank -oo" She mumbled as crumbs fall from her lips and into her cleavage.

Waving awkwardly given the assortment of things she's just been given, Edy shoulders her way out of the bakery.

TWO gifts now? Hot damn. Being a queen isn't so hard after all.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!