Rewrite the Stars
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He does, Jigano agreed fervently, wishing their mutual friend could have some of the happiness that they had found. At least Aoife's playfulness provided a welcome distraction for them both as she reclaimed her dominion over the courtyard and her slain prey, and the raven let out an almost-human chuckle aloud as she admonished Remi with her mighty blade.

Alas, the mighty princess was soon captured, and Jigano relaxed a little when it became clear that the alchemist had his adoptive daughter well in hand - and far from the raven's feathers. He nodded eagerly as Remi began his demonstration, watching with focused curiosity as the flower unfurled its leaves and sprang to full bloom as swift as the alchemist's power could draw it forth. It was his first time seeing the growth-based magic up close, and the raven chirred in delight at the display. Then the colors shifted, and it became something else entirely and--

This is excellent! The raven croaked, hopping with delight. If you can transform the plants beneath the Spire so they don't make poison anymore, we won't have to kill them! Though I'll still ask the others to come, just in case. And we don't know how difficult it will be or how long it will take, so having Vai to blow the gas away while you work is better safe than sorry. There was no point putting themselves in further danger than they had to, not if they had ways to mitigate it.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Я
Rolling his shoulders slightly as if the magical strain was physical, Remi nodded. "How many are there?" He asked almost skeptically. He was more than willing to help, but the mere implication that the others were not necessarily needed in light of what he could do maybe him flinch slightly. "This is two magics, at the same time." He clarified. "If there are many, I am sure I will need the help of the others, and then some."

Reaching for the vines, Aoife pulled at the newly created bloom and promptly stuck it in her mouth. Frowning down at his near-daughter, his quiet disapproval was met only with a grin and hum of mischief that sounded surprisingly like his own.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
How many? Jigano paused as he recalled the space beneath the Spire, and as Remi explained what he was asking the raven visibly drooped. Ah... yes, I had hoped it was an extension of your mastery of earth magic. I didn't realize it was two at once. And there are many plants, so you are right that that it will be no easy task for one or even two alone to undertake. And that didn't even bring up the possibility that Vai had mentioned, that there might be other threads lurking down there still that the mages would need to be protected from.

But that meant the initial plan was still viable. Only instead of killing the plants, Remi might be able to transform some, while others were killed by fire and life drain. What mattered was getting rid of the poison, however each mage's strength best fit that goal. And that damn poison was going to get worse from the plants that were killed, or so the Tulmhainar had warned... You probably saw Ronin's wounds when he returned from the Spire? he asked cautiously. The way the gas bites into eyes and noses and skin? Delah and her people were able to create masks to filter out the worst of it for awhile... before we go down, do you think you might be able to use your alchemy and magic to make something similar, in case Vai needs to take a break from blowing the gas away?

In spite of the seriousness of the conversation he found himself chuckling a little - or rather, chortling, given his form - at Aoife's serene lack of concern for her father's disapproval. I didn't realize she was on solid food already, he murmured innocently through the link.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Я
"Yes. Though his concussion was the worst of his injuries." Remi said, the memory making him laugh. Angry that her fingers were not holding the alchemist's lips shut, Aoife squawked in his arms. "I know! That was the night I proposed to daddy. He was concussed so he couldn't even really say no!." Remi explained in a sing-song voice to the girl, who seemed content with this answer (though really, it was just the attention).  "Mmm, certainly. I can work with Deimos too, especially if he was there before and is coming again."

Glancing across at the raven, Remi shrugged with a light laugh. Given that his lips were occupied by prying fingers, he resumed their conversation through the bond. I feed her mostly what I am told to. Flowers have become a fairly healthy part of her diet lately though. He added with a wink. She has started to walk as well. I did not grow up around many children. Remi clarified. But I am sure that she is...developing more quickly than she should. Whether that has something to do with Caido or Safrin, I do not know.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
The raven tilted his head in silent curiosity, not understanding at first why Remi was laughing about Ronin's concussion. Not until the alchemist revealed that it had led to the proposal did the bard chuckle, glad that Remi had found the courage to ask, and that his feelings had been reciprocated. Yes, I... don't know if he'll want to come, Jigano admitted a little hesitantly. He was badly hurt last time by the gas. But I intend to ask. He made masks, too, and he could describe them to you better than I can. Being a snake at the time had made it hard to appreciate the finer points of either mask - Delah's or Deimos's - but Jigano hoped that Remi's inventiveness and alchemy could help him come up with something just as good before the day of the excursion came.

The raven peered more curiously at Aoife at hearing that she was developing rapidly, but he shared an avian shrug with Remi, looking back to the lion apologetically. I have studied many subjects... but babies are not among them, he admitted with wry humor. I had no siblings to care for, and lived far enough outside of town that I didn't see many other children until I was older as well. But she looks healthy and strong, so hopefully it is simply an aspect of her blessing. And that whatever connection she had to Safrin would not affect her the way her father had been.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
I will seek him out and see what we can come up with. The four of us, then? He clarified, for inventory's sake.

Mmm, indeed. The alchemist agreed. Both parents had worried over Aoife's safety when it came to the blight and her relationship with Safrin, but the goddess would surely have mentioned it when she partially healed Ronin. So they assumed, which hopefully would not be a mistake.

Growing bored with Remi's lips, Aoife screeched unhappily, falling down as if dead in his arms. Then she began to kick her legs in earnest causing the alchemist to smile fondly down at her. "How about a snack, then a nap?" He offered, making a purring sound in the back of his throat. Considering, Aoife merely let out a wail and continued to kick in his lap. "Uh huh. That is what I thought." He chuckled, picking up the girl who had crocodile tears suddenly threatening to spill from her eyes.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Five, I think, the raven said, though a little hesitantly. Vai for wind and you for earth. Deimos for life drain... and Rory for fire. Maybe. I've told him what I'm trying to do, though I am selfishly hesitant about him coming. And myself, to hopefully handle anything that tries to interrupt the mages at work, and to help anyone head up to cleaner air and any unicorn healers who will wait for us at the top of the stairs, he added without attempting to disguise his wry hope that Isla would be one of them.

Aoife was quite done with the conversation, which was winding down anyways. Jigano initially startled at the sudden screech and tantrum, looking the small child over worriedly for signs of injury, but Remi was far more familiar with her moods and tricks, and her coy tears were far less effective on a father who had raised her and weathered them before. I will leave you to it, then, he chuckled through the link, a little surprised at how comfortably he had fallen into it with Remi once he had allowed it to happen. A snack and a nap sound lovely for everyone. Please give my regards to your fiancee, he added as a courteous afterthought before fluttering up to the courtyard's wall.