God Quest silence will not cover me
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
She’d finally done it.

Not on her own – though she’d tried. It’d been an arduous task only because she’d made it so; ignorant and foolish, impetuous and impulsive, fervent and ardent but too keen, too silly, too numb to do anything but sail into the woods without any wisdom or sagacity tucked into her brain. Delah had assisted, her own way – letting her know quickly that she’d been wrong, wrong, and wrong, then Jigano, with his insistence that she either go with someone or talk to Remi, and finally to the alchemist himself, who held out the jar to her without preamble or requiring anything of her. There were many good people in this world, and it filled her heart; made her certain she’d repay them in some way.

The pair, Fangorn and the honeybee girl, drifted amidst the lantern lights and the will-o-wisps, neither haunted by the chilling lights, guided in the hallowed pockets of darkness and abyss. Her feet were soft on the moss and earth, skipping over pebbles and stones, anklet bouncing against her skin, enticing her to meander further onto a water’s surface instead of roaming deep into the woods – but she had a purpose, she had a conviction, she had a drive.

The altar, the shelf, was still tucked into the twin timbers, and she kneeled before it, the vampire gourd off to her side, watching, waiting. Her hands carefully placed the Wicker Woman sap on the mantelpiece, then spoke into the void, her eyes closed, her smile serene. “Ludo,” she called, soft and serene in the glow of candlelight. “I’ve brought the sap.” Her staff lay beside her too, in Fangorn’s protective presence, knotted and marred and ruined, but having served such a majestic purpose – a stalwart guard, a staunch munition.

--

God Quest turn-in! Thank you!
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Melita's eyes would be closed, so she may not see as the sap rose up from the mantelpiece of its own accord. Escaping its container, golden and ethereal, it would twist and contort in the light, as though invisible fingers were stretching it out like a spider's web.

"You have done well. This is perfect." Ludo's voice echoed all around, the deity seeming part of the woods currently, deciding against showing its presence for this particular feat. A touch of wicker woman sap could affect even a deity, after all.

"You wished to fix this, did you not?" The staff would rise up and into the air now, turning this way and that as though Ludo were examining it from the ether.

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
She waited, waited, and waited, the pressing darkness closing over her eyelids, opening them at the echo of a voice but no body, no form, her lips breathless as she caught the container, as the gilded sap rose, distorting, contorting, reshaping into webs and nettles. You have done well puffed against her, and she wanted to argue the point. No, I haven’t, her mind answered, thinking to bend her head back down and stare at the moss, at the stones, at the lanterns pushing light against her skin. “Thank you,” she said instead, afraid and delighted, apprehensive and bemused. It’s a combination of emotions that cool and curl into her soul, and she wasn’t worthy of any of them.

But then her staff followed in the same suit, and she muted a gasp from her throat as it billowed into the air on its own accord, as if Ludo was every edge of the darkness, every fringe of the shadows. The weapon appeared to be scrutinized and inspected, a little more worn than last seen, a little more buckled and bent and stripped down, beaten into adversaries and enemies, a workhorse of its own accord. “I did,” she whispered back, not knowing where to place her gaze, so it went to the munitions, to the candle, to the stretch of the abyss.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

The staff twisted and twirled in a strange dance as Ludo continued to examine it, the sap quivering ever closer to it, like a snake tasting the air. "Yes," it said, almost to itself. "Yes, I remember now. Sap to fix the stick." A flash of black light and a crack like thunder, and sap and staff combined. Wood darkened to near black, and the cracks and splinters became veins of amber sap, solidifying and strengthening the weapon.

The air around it would appear to dance and waver as it lowered to hover before Melita, whole, repaired, better. "Is this a better stick now?" Ludo asked.

Melita has received the following:

Siabhran | A staff reinforced with the sap of a Wicker Woman. Black as pitch and veined with amber, this staff is nigh unbreakable. Those who are struck with it may experience mild hallucinations lasting up to ten minutes.

(Siabhran is the name of the weapon, in case it was not clear).
LUDO

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Melita could only bear witness to the incantations and wonder floating above her – mouth agape and draped in awe, in reverence, as the sap intertwined through the air, onyx and Stygian light combining into the midnight oils. Had she been dreaming the sight might’ve made more sense – spectacular and enthralling, the sap and her beloved staff fusing, melding, carving themselves back over another. Her weapon became a sable thing – splinters and fissures eroding into amber and honey, like gold amidst veins of plumes and smoke, before it hovered, danced, and remained in front of her.

Breathless again, nearly crying at the beauty, majesty, and power of it all, she didn’t know what to say at first. I’m not worthy sounded correct, undeserving of its might, of its mettle, or of Ludo’s graces. “It’s perfect,” she said instead, her eyes roaming into the folds and veils of darkness, answering to the ragged curtains of ash and coal. “Thank you so much,” her voice roamed again, teetering into the void; hands coming to claim the weapon, the beautiful figure suddenly back in her grasp. The words weren’t enough – she knew that, she understood it; the way the gratitude burned its way through her veins and sprang against her sight. Then, back into the midst, she inhaled, exhaled, and pondered what else she could do. Surely there was more. “Is there anything else I can do for you? Anything you need?”
Spooky Rags

Change author:

Only now that the staff had been created, now that the Wicker Woman sap was safely encased behind wood and magic, flowing like lifeblood through the weapon, did Ludo appear in earnest. Its masked face bobbed and danced before Melita, admiring its own work, before shaking back and forth at the suggestion of something more.

"You gave an offering, you asked, I provided," it said, as though the girl needed to be taught the way of things. "Be wary of offering more - some of those who answer prayers are not so kind. I am not so kind, in other moods." Tittering to itself, Ludo reached out a scrap of rags to pat Melita upon the head, before it whisked off again into the darkness of the trees and was gone.

LUDO