Leafchange Stroll
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
It was part of her weekly ritual to visit a shrine to give an offering to Frey. Of course, they didn’t appear every time. She always made sure to make her intentions clear – just an offering and a reminder that they were in her thoughts each day, that she tried to live in a way they would be proud of her to live and grow. She tried not to be bothersome, knowing they had many other things to do certainly, and even if not other things they might like to be doing (or people even), so she only ever called out to them to appear when she truly had things to discuss.

Perhaps that was part of why they never seemed disgruntled with her when she did call upon them.

It was a pretty Leafchange day though and she rather liked the weather this time of year. The temperature was perfect, everything was in pretty colors – sure it was a bit sad because Deepfrost came next but she enjoyed it for what it was. Pim scurried along next to her, sniffling through the fallen leaves and the undergrowth, the sheepdog sized dragonling occasionally pouncing at falling leaves as if they were prey.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jorseval
You can dunk me in the river, gonna clean my sin
But you might as well dunk me in a bucket of gin

Here ye! Here ye! Gather round cause Jorseval was free from the eternally boring pit that the silly Fae seemed ever so much to love sticking him in. He was f l y i n g in both the most literal and figurative sense. As a crow he was darting in and out of the canopy, making his was swiftly away from the Greatwood as he was hoping to take advantage if what he chose to think of as a generous head start in that delightful game of tag.

His mood was just as high, determined to be pleased with everyone and everything on the absolutely spectacular day that Rae had blessed the world with. When he spotted scampering dragon below he simply could not resist--Because come oooon it's a fucking PINK DUH-RA-GON! Not to mention the pretty girl...

The crow dove, pulling up just over the water and skimming over before shifting into the man several feet before the water's edge. Jory, fully clothed today, didn't loose a bit of speed, emerging from the feathered form at a flat fun and splashing up the bank and towards the young woman. "Fair maiden! Behold!!" he exclaimed as he reached he. In a bold move he tried to fling an arm around her waist while gesturing grandly with the other arm towards the little dragon. "We are in the presence of one of the God's rarest and most magnificent creatures!" he finished by shifting into a stage whisper. "What is it called though?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe had very little time to process the events as they unfolded with how quickly the young man suddenly appeared and charged her. A little 'eep' of alarm escaped her lips and she stiffened, suddenly finding an arm around her waist. She looked at him wide eyed, clearly freaked out at his sudden appearance and grab at her waist. But after a second she blinked. Had she met this fellow a long time ago?

Met or not Pim did not react well to some man suddenly appearing and grabbing his human. Pim reared around and snarled, roaring as ferociously as he could at the man - and though he was still small he was actually starting to sound quite intimidating. His wings flared out and rainbow colored lightning sparked around his jaws, lips pulled taught to reveal his pristine white fangs. "Th-that's Pim, he is my companion, and he is very protective of me." Phoebe said.

As if on cue the young dragon charged, a veritable force of tooth and claw and lightning ready to bear down on him should he not very quickly get out of the way.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Jorseval

Perhaps he could have been more polite in his approach, but no, Jory tugged the woman in like she was an old friend: not predatory, but certainly familiar. No hover-hand here, ladies and gents.

When Jory did release his hold on the woman it was not to jump back in alarm but to crouch. He sunk down into a squat, marveling at the little beast with unrestrained fascination. "Pim, eh? Fantastic! You know, I always imagined dragons would be bigger, certainly less pink but fuck me if that isn't the cutest thing I've ever seen!" he flashed a manic grin and a wink up at Phoebe "Or if it is?

"Look at that, is that lightning? You know I always thought they were more of a fire-based beasty." When the dragonling charged, Jory did what any sane person would do: he held out his hand like one might introduce themself to a puppy and whistled "Here boy, come say helloLook! I think he like me!"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Was this guy insane? Phoebe paled - an impressive feat given her naturally ghost-like complexion - as the man crouched down to Pim's level, seemingly completely unintimidated by the charging dragonling. He even went so far as to call him over. "Oh no you really should get out of the way!" Phoebe said in alarm, actually tugging on the shoulder of his shirt, as if to prompt him to move...

But she was far too late.

Pim leapt into the air, a pink blur of claw and fang, pouncing on the man with an echo-worthy roar. The dragonling collided with the man, surprisingly heavy given his size and ability to fly, aimed square at his chest with hopes of knocking him down to the ground on his back. Jaws snapped, claws slashed, little sparks of rainbow electricity pricking painfully at the man's skin. No low-life male was going to get his Phoebe, not when daddy Frey had sent him to protect her! And since she didn't have a big, strong male mate to protect her yet, the duty fell solely to him! But that was fine, he was the strongest dragon around!

"Pim! Stop it, that's enough!" Phoebe said, trying to pull her companion off the man he just mauled.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Change author:
Jorseval

Not insane, technically, but certainly not cognizant of his own personal wellbeing now or ever. Indeed Jory only realizes his mistake when that dragon's almost upon him; there's time to raise an arm but that's it before he's being knocked backwards. His right arm takes the worst of it, doing an excellent job of shielding Jory’s face but finding itself directly within Pim’s pretty pink jaws. ”Fuck!” Jory yells, startled by the combined shock of the bite and the horrible pricking zaps that zip through the limb. The claws find his chest beneath but the main damage from that initial attack if relegated mostly to shredded leathers and a set of shallow scrapes on the skin.

Even with the clear provocation, Jory doesn’t feel quite right about striking such a beast and thus adopts the defense strategy of a halibut. Flopping prone on his back he brings the uninjured arm up to give its fellow some help in protecting the vital area of his scrawny neck. “FuckfuckOwfuckokayokayokay! I give! I give!” It's a fairly high-pitched squeak, but Jory had never been one to cling to his pride. Staying alive always seemed so much more appealing.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Pim could not have been more proud of himself if he tried. Just wait until daddy Frey heard about this! He continued to snarl and scratch and bite, even as the puny man relented – dragons do not abide by common courtesy of battle you see. But he would ultimately be wrangled off by Phoebe herself, who managed to get a good grip around the dragonling’s waist and tugged him off, falling flat on her bum in the process.

”Pim!! Stop it I am alright, see??” Phoebe said, completely in shock and horrified by what her little dragon had done. The pink dragon looked at her blankly, as though her words were entirely unnecessary. Of course she was alright, he protected her! She set the dragon aside very unceremoniously and quickly got up to check on the man Pim had just mauled. ”Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry! Are you okay, did he get you badly?”
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Change author:
Jorseval

The benefit, it seems of getting both bitten and electrocuted by a dragon was that the after the first initial jolts his arm seemed to be going a bit numb. That of course might also have been the blood loss, but who’s to say? When the beastie s finally removed from her person, Jory simply lays there, trying to take stock of what just happened. If he makes a few quiet but incredibly dramatic wails well, it;s his perogstive, and they trail into something akin to laughs anyway. This was his fault, he had no misconceptions about that. Served him right, really, there were reasons he rarely talked to people.

He sat up, holding his right arm loosely at his chest and looking a bit dazed. There  were leaves sticking out of his dark hair but there was no telling if they’d been there before or if they would be souvenirs of his would-be death-by-dragonling. ”Um?” He mused, looking down at the arm before reaching to the ground beside him with his left hand. Grabbing and handful of dirt and grass and giving it a quick rub onto the puncture marks on his sleeve. His voice is nonchalant, mostly, with minor manic undercurrents (It did actually hurt a good bit. ”Naahhh, it’s fine. I must have startled the poor thing-sorry about that.” he looks up with an attempt at a grin. ”You’re lucky to have such a fierce friend!”
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The second he grabs dirt and rubs it into his wounds she gasped, looking positively mortified. "Oh my goodness, don't do that! You'll get an infection!" she said, setting Pim down. Pim growled a warning at the man as Phoebe grabbed his hand. But the midwife glared at her little dragon. "Pim. That is enough." she said, with the full weight of motherly disappointment, enough so that the dragon ducked his head from the chastising.

"I am so so sorry about this. Here, let's go to the infirmary and I will get this all cleaned up for you okay?" she said with genuine worry in her tone and eyes. She felt horribly guilty about this and wanted to make things right.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!