Uneasy lies the head
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Anger from all sides, and more ‘you should haves’ than he could count. Amalia stepped forward, and after Rory’s anger her own was only to be expected. A part of him almost smiled at being told that running away wouldn’t solve anything, a humor as black as the bottom of the spire bubbling up as he met her eyes with deceptive calm. He had run away for more years than he had stood and fought. Only Rory was privy to that shame of his life… but it was one he had a great deal of practice living with. It wouldn't be so hard to fall back into that habit again. He pulled the mask tight, though, keeping any betraying change of expression from showing, fitting it over his face like the second skin it was, and when Deimos spoke up he only shook his head.

”There was no plan beyond staying in Edy’s good graces long enough to get her to agree to asking Ronin to be king as well,” he said quietly. He looked around the room, but found no support… and not much in the way of understanding, either. He swallowed through the tightness in his throat, trying one last time. ”So I could follow his lead, once he was in power. Believe me or not, I didn’t go to the Manor today intending for any of this to happen. Clearly I made the wrong call…” He found Rory’s eyes briefly before dropping his own, knowing there was too much to be said in front of others. ”Several of them,” he amended quietly. ”And I am sorry for that, and for betraying your trust.”

He nodded at Ronin’s calming words, even as the ‘could have/should have/would haves’ continued, as if each person felt the need to repeat what others before had said. And perhaps they did, for they didn’t seem to trust him anymore. And not without reason, given how badly he had miscalculated from start to finish. Kiada had brought up a good point earlier, and Ronin had as well, and Jigano shook his head regretfully. ”I could not have. Not there. She thinks that Zariah can hear what is said within the Manor, so we couldn’t talk freely and she has to be careful not to behave suspiciously. As for what she will do when Zariah returns…” He looked at Ronin, giving a helpless shrug. ”I think that she will hand her crown back to Zariah. From what she’s told me in the past of how the Launceleyns are raised, I’m not sure she can disobey her. It’s too ingrained… and I don’t know that she’s made any other connections here strong enough in the past year to overcome the rest of her life’s conditioning to obey the head of her family. She’ll regret it, and she might try to help and protect us to a degree… but if Zariah directly orders her to burn people down? Do you, who have known her far longer than I, think she will choose friends over family?”

He drew a steadying breath. ”That being said, Edy doesn’t want to rule, and I don’t think she wants Zariah running roughshod over everyone, either. While Zariah is gone - if she’s gone,” he nodded acknowledgment of Ronin’s point, one he had brought up with Edy as well. ”I think she’s rebelling in the ways that she can, short of disobeying the Tyrant’s direct orders. I don’t know that she’s thinking that far ahead… but she believes beyond question that Zariah will return, and that when that happens, if Edy isn’t in position to hand her crown back over, that the punishment will be worse than death. So she won't just step down without a fight, even if she would prefer to.”

He exhaled slowly, a wry, grim smile finally finding its way onto his face. ”But it’s all conjecture and gut feelings from how she was acting when we spoke, her tone and body language, what wasn’t said as much as what was. So I won’t blame you for not taking my word on it.”

Jigano stood, looking to Ronin, and his smile faded to solemnity. ”But here’s the thing. Edrei made me king with little more than words. Not a duke, not a prince, not a ‘sub’-King, but a King equal with her, whether she realized it or not. She put no limits on the authority she gave me… and therefore, I can do the same.” He looked around the room, from Amalia to Deimos to Rory and Kiada, and then to Remi and Ronin. ”She already agreed to his nomination. I can make Ronin king here and now. As has been pointed out, he was the one who stepped forward before, he was the one we chose.” He nodded at the star-touched man, blue eyes tired. Amalia and Rory knew how recently he had broken, knew how fragile the patches still were. Something that had been broken twice was so much easier to fracture a third time under pressure. ”Take the time to think about it, talk to Edy and whoever else you need to. The offer will stand for as long as I have the power to make it.” And it wasn’t likely to be long, with how he already wanted to retreat from his friends and family, and never mind the Launceleyns.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Я
For all they all thought and believed Ronin to be, he was so, so much more. The alchemist would say nothing, though he did yield his fingers to the ex-captain. Communicating in the silent language that lovers often have—a soft stroke of his thumb across Ronin's knuckles, a small pinprick from a claw to try and hone his husband's focus—Remi let his shattered gaze look steadily around the room.

He heard the words I'm sorry leave Jigano's lips, but he didn't believe them. He doubted the others did either. The suggestion that Jigano make Ronin king right here and now, made the alchemist start slightly. No doubt Ronin would feel his husband's heart falter as much as feel his fingers clench. It...that wasn't the point. Surely. They had voted. They had wanted this done the right way, not a triumvirate, not a child, a bard, and the elected. They had—

above, sounds of shouts could be heard. Some positive, some negative, but all proclaiming the same piece of information: That Wessex had been named Queen.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Remi was an anchor at his side, a necessity at this point, and the Ronin had to draw in a deep breath and let it out again before he could even think of considering Jigano's words, his proposal, his everything that had not been a part of the plan that Ronin had not been given time to tell them yet. This was not right. A three-pronged rule was good in theory but threatened to get messy at a moment's notice. Then there was the fact that (and how many times did he have to say it) Edrei Launceleyn was still Edrei Launceleyn.

Regardless of how she felt, of what she had to do with it, about Zariah hanging over her head, she was still ruling in a tyrant's shoes - the tyrant that could, as far as they were all aware, return at any moment to wrench this absurd leadership from their grasp. This was not how it was supposed to happen, and Ronin's jaw feathered with all the things still left unsaid.

Because it didn't really matter, did it? This was how it was to be backed into a corner - and someone had to step up do something. "Fine," he said, his tone clipped. "Fine, I'll do it. But not another word to Edrei until we all speak together."

At that moment, the commotion from upstairs rang out, and Ronin's blue eyes widened - Wessex had been named Queen. And oh - he couldn't help it. The hunter began to laugh.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Nothing of this day had gone as he had expected, from dizzying highs to gut-wrenching lows. He had tried to help, and had instead hurt not only those he cared about most, but everyone, it seemed. Now he had placed himself between the rock and the harder rock, and he had only himself to blame for it. At the moment he could see no way of making things right, for he had damned himself no matter what he did, but at least he could give Ronin the crown if the other man still wanted it.

And good riddance to the damn thing.

Ronin might have accepted it grudgingly, but at least he did and Jigano started to tentatively think things might yet be salvaged-

The news of Wessex's Queenship had his eyes widening in shock, the bard frozen where he sat as he tried to understand what the hell was going on. Then again, any question he might have had about trying to stick things through was answered in the most thorough manner possible. "Well," he said dryly, as Ronin laughed. "I suppose the other option is to let the two of them rule. Either way, Wessex and I aren't exactly... functional. So you can take the offer or leave it, as you please." As for him? He had an angry boyfriend to apologize to, and then an official letter to write to Queen Edrei the Rapacious, first of her name.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA

Her eyes turn to ice and her stomach drops as Jigano continues to speak, and others around them begin to speak too. Her eyes never leave Jigano, no matter how much she wants to glance to Ronin to see his reaction. But she listens, with ears sharp and waiting for all the rises and falls – of the threats of abdicating and making kings. And she listens while Ronin begins to speak until a rumble from above has her tearing her eyes away from the King before her.

And then she looks to Ronin as he laughs, then back to Jigano as he speaks. Her brows furrow together and she stands – the sword, the blade, eyes sharp. “Jigano.” She’s trying so hard to not snap right now – to remain calm, despite Jyoti’s attempts at quelling her frustrations. It isn’t so much anger as it is not being heard. She feels young, useless, powerless again. And if the Harpy is being honest, that’s the part of her that scares her the most.

You don’t have to be functional to rule. You can’t just accept and remove yourself, what kind of message does that send? The only thing it says is that it’s suspicious and that you’re easily swayed.” Her breathing is heavy as she tries to make her stance less fiery and more structured, but the woman fails in every way. “You accepted. It’s not how it was supposed to go, but it’s how it is. You can’t just back out of it and pretend this never happened.” She gestures to those gathered around them. "Just because we don't like it and it didn't go as planned is a shit reason to abdicate. You of all people should know better than that."
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

YOU SAID THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE MOON
IT ROSE TOO SOON
AND WE'RE DOING WHAT WE SHOULD

What a mess. Amalia watches as Jigano backs further and further into a metaphorical corner, slipping away from the slings and blame, his defenses and his hackles raised. She can feel anxiety biting at her throat, rising up in her stomach, her chest, frustration and fear and disappointment a raging fire in her soul. Everyone has something to say, and Amalia feels dwarfed, shut out by stronger personalities and louder words, by the armor they all shroud themselves in. She wants to retreat further into herself, to vanish back up to the safety of the bakery, where at least she feels in control, where at least she knows who she needs to be afraid of, and that it is not her friends.

Jigano offers to abdicate again, to give the crown over to Ronin now, and Amalia shakes her head. She doubts Edrei would accept such a thing - for all that the bard insists they are equal, it hardly seems so from where she stands.

(And that fear is confirmed when a cry rings out above and the blacksmith appears, his black eyes wild, his expression happy and disbelieving, the words they have already heard through the walls repeated on his lips. "Wessex- she's gonna be on of 'em royals!")

From Jigano's expression and follow-up statement, the bard did not know this was coming, which confirms further to Amalia that no, they are not equals, and yet he still thinks he can manipulate the firemage, make her accept Ronin now simply because he says so. She wants to shake him, to slap him, to cry - you were supposed to be better, you were supposed to be smarter. You were supposed to be wise. How does he not see what they all see, the things that are obvious to everyone else? Kiada is a voice of reason again, and Amalia balls her fists beneath the table, wishing they could get anything through Jigano's head.

"If you abdicate right now," the baker grinds out, "Edrei and Wessex will run this place into the ground." She hates to speak ill of the absentee Ascended, their shared history remains a bond between them, and Amalia will always have a spot in her heart for the stern older woman, no matter their differences. But leading? Wessex may be strong, but she is fragile, too. Amalia knows what feeling alone in the world can do to a person.

Edrei and Wessex together would be like a flinthopper in a barrel of black powder.

"Edrei chose you. Then she chose Wessex without consulting you. Like it or not, she's still in charge. And you can't trust either of them to just accept Ronin in your place." As much as she is beginning to think Jigano would be a terrible ruler, as much as she would like to spare her friend the inevitable hardship, the bard has, as Rory so aptly put it, pissed in his own boots.

a m a l i a
You said it's life that moves too much
We're losing touch
But I'm not losing you

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe its all gone black
"I disagree." Remi said softly, his fingers tightening around Ronin's for a moment as he looked at all those assembled. There were measures of punishment that seemed to be at play here—this is your mess you made, deal with it—but the proverbial mess did not only affect Jigano. It affected them all now.

"If you did indeed do what you thought right, then you ought to stand by it. Is that not the purpose of a ruler? To lead as they think best?"The alchemist might not have been a politician, might not have been raised in a society where governments were ideally-run, but that didn't mean he was completely ignorant of what they should at least be striving for. Remi glanced around at the hurt faces, the bristling hackles, the wounded stares. He too thought Jigano had acted in his best interest, not theirs. Not the Hollowed Grounds. And if that was the case, he did not deserve to lead, no matter the crown 'thrust' upon him. No matter how easy it was to accept.

"But coming here only to immediately abdicate, to let yourself be so easily swayed by Edy and all of us here, rather than thinking of the greater good, then...no, I do not think you should keep the crown. You do not seem fit to lead."

Flushed cheeks, fluttering eyelashes, and a heart that beat relentlessly in his chest, Remi lowered his gaze swallowing hard.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien only found out there was a meeting late, and well, he had to arrive to everything fashionably late (it was still fashionable if you were already late in the first place, right?) He crept into the basement as everyone was arguing, leaning against the back wall and taking it in, trying to work out just what they were arguing about.

He'd seen the announcement on the Notice Board himself, and had just laughed at it. What a twist! He had expected similar reactions down in the basement, but it seemed here everyone was just determined to yell.

Eventually, he decided to step in. Not that he really had any authority, but he had always been a good persuader.

"If I may.." He began, striding to the head of the table and smiling about at his fellow rebels. "You're all being miserable bastards. So we voted for Ronin. I did. Ronin is a good man and would be a good leader - but Edy was not here for that vote, and she presented the opportunity. Why should Jigano be punished for taking it?" If Jigano would allow it, he would clap a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm not suprised he wants to give it up either. Power is a terrifying drug. But you are all missing the opportunity here." Grinning wickedly he leaned in. "Stop sulking about who should be King, and see that we have a man on the inside now! Let's use this. Not argue about it. I may as well go make my own movement with more colourful surroundings and that actually understands what it has, at this rate." With this said he stood back and crossed his arms, looking at each person in turn.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
The longer it all went on, the more farcical it became. Ronin understood the fire, the resentment, the anger and disbelief at Jigano threatening to abdicate. He understood, too, Remi's opinion about it all, and now it would seem that their hearts beat in time with one another even if it might be for slightly different reasons. Ronin's lips parted to speak... but Bastien's voice came out instead, and the hunter had to swallow back the sharp words that nearly snuck out. It wasn't the Ascended's fault, but as far as too little too late was concerned, he was far from helping.

"As I said." He straightened up from the wall, his voice loud enough, hopefully, to carry across the basement and the excitable din from upstairs. "I will talk to Edrei, and what happens from there... well. It happens." Giving Remi's hand a reassuring squeeze, he tried on a smile for the alchemist and tried to ignore the lead weight in his gut at having to contend with both Wessex and the Launceleyn.

"Let's go," he murmured to Remi. And, unless stopped, he would do just that.