Uneasy lies the head
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
It was late, but Jigano didn't know where else to go. He was a king, it would seem. There was even a notice on the board to prove it. He didn't feel like one, though, and he wasn't entirely sure what to do about it. He would need to speak with Edy and find out why Ronin's name wasn't included on that announcement, but that could wait until tomorrow, when he would need to speak to her about a great many things.

For now, he found himself tapping lightly on the door to the bakery and calling softly within to let Amalia know he was there before he headed down to the basement out back. It felt strange to be walking freely in his own skin again after weeks as Smith, but his hair was still white and his skin its more usual lighter golden glow as he slowly lit a lantern and took a chair, waiting to see if any others would come that night. Perhaps their curiosity at the notice would lead them to the place where they had once gathered to elect a leader... one who wasn't Jigano. Perhaps their anger would lead them to seek out the rebellion's heart, hoping to find him and ask him questions.

Either way he would wait for them, there to answer their questions, and to ask a few of his own. And to hope that he wouldn't find himself swimming against the current and as alone as Edy now was.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
D e i m o s
Send a heartbeat to the void that cries through you
Relive the pictures that have come to pass
There were too many unspoken things littered and scattered across the ground – bare minimum scrawls seemingly sketched across the notice board, and then fluttering away onto the next, and the next, and the next; arching, haunting, and bizarre in their poignancy. He felt as though he’d missed a series of circumstances and events in the past couple days, whirlwinds brought on by weddings and then dissolved or resolved seemingly seconds later – Queens disappeared, firebrands in her place, and then the final, strange rhythm to complete the confusion: Jigano named King.

Had they not all cast ballots, his name not on the cards? What happened to the rebellion? What happened to the insurrection? Did one bleed over into the next? What had taken place for these altering proceedings to come into fruition? Had they not all agreed, down here in this very bakery? The curiosity stunned him, the inquiry compelled him, and he went down, down, down into the rushes of Amalia’s basement, composed in his stoic, nonchalant finery – features kept aligned with recalcitrance and reticence, giving naught away as his lantern light maneuvered over to their newly crowned monarch - not Ronin, but the bard, the Loreseeker.

He said nothing at first. His motions were a study in quiet, hushed defiance, pulling back the emotions, the notions, until clarification rendered itself clear. The Reaper once again, fixated on the how and why, on the spun entities and their glaring alterations. He chose a seat near the door, sat down, and the depths of his stare finally settled upon Jigano – waiting for others to arrive before his a single word, devoid of blatant sentiment – cold and chilling, absent of warmth or anything else until he knew better. “Explain.”
For now we stand alone, the world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate with no more to hate
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA

The first thing that comes to Kiada’s mind when she reads the Notice Board is simple. What the fuck? Followed by a small amount of anger. What had happened from the moments of Zariah threatening Amalia with jail time if she didn’t hand over Jigano, to him suddenly becoming the King of all things? She had far too many questions and too little time to seek them out individually, and so she headed toward the place they had cast votes and held speeches of leaders, wondering deep down what Ronin thought of it, and if Jigano truly thought he was safe while Zariah was conveniently gone.

It seems she’s not alone in her endeavor, as her feet take her down into the Bakery’s basement, eyes sharp and clear despite everything that weighed. Jigano, the King of the Hollowed Grounds, alongside Edrei. It made her head swim, it made her want to tell him that he was smarter than this – she had seen it, had helped fuel its flame, but she says nothing as she notices Jigano and approaches in the silence. She sits beside Deimos, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees as she regards her King with a fraction of confusion in her eyes.

And when the Reaper tells Jigano to explain, she sits in silence and waits.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
Rory hadn't known until someone he was friendly with had decided to come out to his farmstead that evening to.. well, Rory didn't know what he had wanted to do. Gossip? Complain? It didn't matter. He didn't get much further than 'your boyfriend is now King' before Rory went into shock and shut the door in his face.

This was not according to plan.

This was not according to anything, and for some time, Rory alternated between sitting on the floor and staring at nothing, and listlessly walking about the house, touching things with his fingertips.

Then he'd waited long enough. He tacked up Esaia, because Gods knew that mare could tell when he was in a mood, and she was more than happy to indulge him. The ground disappeared in a flash beneath them, sweat lathering her sides, her breath hard and harsh and her ears pricked forward as she careened towards the Settlement. She was the storm, she was lightning, she was his heartbeat.

Rory was usually very polite when in the Settlement, especially when on horseback.

Not today.

He shamelessly let Esaia nudge people out of the way, his eyes dark, his face closed off as he rode her up to the Notice Board, staring at Edrei's note declaring Jigano King.

He just sat there for a while, the gray horse breathing heavily, pulling at blades of grass sticking out between the paving stones and along the wall.

In Rory's chest, his heart beat dark and furious, a black and cold flame.

Slowly he nudged Esaia towards the bakery, letting her walk along the winding ways and narrow alleys, hitching her outside and taking off her tack. If he found Amalia he'd ask her if he could turn Esaia out in the garden, but regardless of where she was, he made sure she had a bucket of water.

Then he went into the basement.

And there was Jigano.

He didn't look at who else was there, merely stepped off the stairs and stood by the wall, arms crossed over his chest and his eyes blazing. "So this is where you hide," he finally said, his voice like ice.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Я
Naively, perhaps, Remi didn't have the heart to care. He did care in one sense, but the drama of the Launceleyn's was a far cry from the overpowering euphoria that was the ring on his finger, the changed last name, the man who was now his husband. But Edrei had stolen into the guildhall, had clouded over Ronin's mood, and had also apparently named Jigano as king.

So here they were, in the basement all together again.

With a soft nod to all those present, the alchemist leaned against one of the walls, wrapping his arms around himself and feeling Ronin's heart beating through the ring on his finger. The important question asked—the alchemist's shattered gaze seeking out Rory with a concerned flash of his eyes to hear the chill in his friend's voice—Remi consigned himself simply to listen.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Deimos first, and for all that it had been the mountain’s words that had sent Jigano to the Manor in the first place, the man’s demeanor was as cold and distant as the winter wind. Not anger, precisely… but no warmth, either, nor benefit of the doubt. Still, it was never his way to be warm and open with the bard, and Jigano nodded at him as they waited for others. Kiada was next, equally silent, and that was when the anxiety already swirling in his brain decided to migrate to his stomach, his uneasiness increasing until Rory came.

At the icy words Jigano flinched, his head jerking up to meet his lover’s blazing glare with surprise and pain in his own eyes, and in that handsome countenance saw his worst fears realized. Heart pounding, he tried to shake his head, to deny the accusation, but no words came out. Remi’s arrival might have been the distraction he needed, but the alchemist arrived alone, the man who should have been king not at his side.

More might arrive, he knew, but with Rory’s anger hanging like a blade in the air between them and Deimos’s equally chilly demand ringing in his ears, Jigano couldn’t wait any longer. He swallowed back against the rising nausea in his throat, pulling himself together as best he could as he looked around the room, which once had been filled with friends and allies and now…

Now, he didn’t know. He swept the room with his eyes, seeing only coldness and hurt, and at last returned his gaze to Kiada , who might not have heard the beginning of the tale.

”Before she left, Zariah threatened Amalia with arrest if I didn’t turn myself in,” he said quietly. ”With her gone, I had no idea whether Edy would follow through with it or not, but I couldn’t take the chance.” He flicked a glance to Rory, Deimos, and Remi, who had known his plans. Ronin, too, had been aware, though the star-blessed man wasn’t present. ”So I went to the Manor. I thought I could try and talk her into letting me off with just a fine and signing the damned draft. She waved it off though.” Had waved other things, too, but that was entirely not pertinent to the seriousness of the current situation, and Jigano shook his head as he tried to replay in his mind exactly how so many plans had been upset in so short a period of time.

”She made me king instead.” It still seemed surreal. ”And yes, it pretty much was that simple. She said… that she didn’t know politics, and that she didn’t know who else to ask.” A paraphrase, to be sure. ‘Not a complete idiot’ was closer to the words she’d used, but he wasn’t going to bring that part up. ”Or… choose. I wasn’t exactly asked, though I could have run. I don’t think she would have threatened my friends the way Zariah would but…” He looked up, meeting Rory’s eyes squarely at the memory of a sunlight glade behind the spire; of a fox and a leopard and a man, and fear and pain and courage. ”But I couldn't risk it.”

He turned his eyes to Remi next, for his words involved the alchemist’s husband. ”I suggested that Ronin be King as well, and Edy agreed to it. There are games within games being played in that house,” he admitted, grimacing as he looked to Deimos with a nod. ”She expects Zariah will come back, but doesn’t know when. She believes her cousin will kill her or worse if the Tyrant returns and a Launceleyn isn’t still in power, and I believe her. She’s no innocent in this, but she’s scared and trapped, and she knows it.”

Blue eyes flicked to Rory again, and then down as he shook his head. ”I accepted the role with the understanding that Ronin would be joining us, and I’d hoped that between Ronin and myself we could keep a lid on things, and undo the worst of Zariah’s proclamations by overruling her if it came to that. I was afraid that if I didn't accept, that we wouldn't have a chance like this again. Edy doesn’t sound like she wants anything to do with ruling, though I’ve yet to test the limits of that, but she has a temper. If I rejected her, I wasn't sure she would ask anyone else. I was waiting for Ronin… who I take it turned her down, when she went to make him the offer?” he asked of Remi, confusion plain in his voice.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Я
Likely the only one with such an opinion, Remi wasn't terribly bothered with this outcome. Hadn't the plan been to unseat Zariah? Whether or not Edrei remained in power seemed inconsequential—especially if she only wanted to remain a figurehead—if Jigano and Ronin were there to corral her. Then again, the alchemist knew well what had gone through his partner's mind and knew that the clipped almost-promotion had not ended entirely because of the not-king's temper.

"He...yes. He will be here." Remi said with a nod wanting Ronin to speak for himself, his voice turning sweet as his fingers turned the ring on his finger. Feeling the pulse of his husband's heart, instinctively Remi knew that in this moment, the two rhythms were far from matching. Ronin was skilled at hiding the storms he felt, but with their wedding rings, Remi would always be able to feel the thunder.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
"I'm here." Thunder was about right. Ronin had arrived just in time to hear the tail end of the speech Jigano was giving, having forced himself to wait outside for a few minutes to get his head in the game. Was he quite there yet? That remained to be seen, and his expression was dark as he moved to lean against the wall next to Remi.

"Would that you had accepted the role after checking that I would, in fact, be joining you," he murmured. "We held a vote here, not so long ago. I stepped forward reluctantly, because it was necessary - not because I wanted it. I named you an advisor, in good faith. And now you are king, having never even thrown your name out for consideration."

He rubbed at his eyes and shook his head, as if trying to form the words that would summarise what he wanted to get across. "I hope you rule well and justly. I hope you can temper Edrei's more fiery nature. And I hope to every god in this place that Zariah doesn't return for this to bite you in the backside. We have a new king and queen now. It still isn't one we chose - but it is better than the Merciless."
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA

Kiada may not have heard the beginning of the tale, but as her eyes meet Jigano’s and he begins, she knows where it’s going. Did he honestly think the pillar of strength beside her would let Amalia go? No, there were preparations in place. She had spent the last few weeks learning about the bakery and how to bake to cover for it all if Amalia needed to hide. She has heard, and she has learned, to be whatever they needed her to be. Her eyes lock with Jigano’s as he speaks, while inside she turmoils and spins, wondering why he had even said yes when they could’ve demolished it to begin with. Zariah couldn’t come back to a throne that wasn’t there. That’s what Kiada’s goal in all this has been.

Jigano’s explanation comes down toward a trio of rulers, for Ronin to work with them — but Kiada can’t find it within herself to understand how Ronin would be okay with the threat of Aoife sitting over their heads. Sure, Zariah was gone for now, but that didn’t mean forever. Luckily for her, Ronin appears and speaks, and she can sense the fire and brimstone beneath the man as he talks. She wants to side with him, she knows Jigano would be a better King than they could have, and she sighs as she pinched her nose with the results of thoughts that swim in her head. “You couldn’t have waited to see if Ronin accepted it? You could’ve told her you had to think about it first before diving into it, and what happens when Zariah returns? Will you and Edrei be there to face her? She didn’t seem to do much when Zariah was bossing everyone around.” Her eyes lift to meet Jigano’s with a hint of sorrow. “Don't get yourself killed for this.” Her expression seems to say. She knew what grasps at power resulted in, had seen it first hand.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Ronin's entrance brought Jigano's head up, hopeful for a moment that the cavalry had arrived. That hope was quickly dashed, and then Kiada joined in, and he drew in a slow breath, feeling the sickness spreading throughout his gut. "Would that I had had the time," he said with a sigh. " Ronin , you've known Edy a lot longer than I have. Have you ever known her for her patience? I'd already pushed her by wanting to know what she was planning before she did it. I may have misread the situation, but I didn't think, if I walked out the door without giving her an answer, that the invitation would have remained, or that I could have used my new leverage to get you into the position you stepped up for."

He felt frustration bubbling with the desperate fear in his gut, but he tamped it down, drawing on his experience as a performer to push through. "I was hoping we could come up with some plans once we had the position to start dismantling what Zariah had made, but I admit that I made mistakes. Still, you paint me as damned either way. If I had thrown my name in back then, and you had still had the most votes, I would be in no less trouble now. Probably more. We chose you to be our leader. I voted for you as well. And I thought you wanted to try and get control of the situation by as peaceful a means as possible. At the time, this afternoon and in the heat of the moment, this seemed like the best way to do it."

He looked around at the unhappy faces, some looking betrayed, or perhaps he was simply reading too much into it. Either way he was being forced to a choice he had never wanted to make, and a small, bitter part of him damned them all, from Edy to Deimos to Ronin and Rory, for putting him in that position.

"But you make a good point. You didn't choose me. And I only accepted the offer so that I could put Ronin in the place we had all agreed on. Since that plan fell through, I'll tell Edy that I'm abdicating. I... doubt she'll listen to much that I have to say after that," he admitted sadly, knowing that he would be burning a bridge with that move, and his heart ached for the friend he was leaving high and dry. "But if there are any other names you think I should try to offer up instead, now's the time to let me know."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

YOU SAID THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE MOON
IT ROSE TOO SOON
AND WE'RE DOING WHAT WE SHOULD

Of course Amalia is there. It is her basement, after all - and her resistance, her rebellion, her attempt to right the world. She is present, and listening, silent in the back, having slipped in largely unnoticed and settled into a corner. She knows about Jigano, of course - everybody does - but she, like the rest of them, does not know why.

Amalia would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But having faith in people is becoming harder and harder to do.

She listens and processes, each word repeated, trying to remain calm in the face of so much anger, so much misplaced good intention. For she does not doubt that Jigano's intentions are good - they're simply selfish, and as he grows more and more defensive about his choices the tension rises in the room. Jyoti coos from her place in her lap, a questioning song: will you be okay? It is a request for permission, and Amalia consents, allowing the starwhale to swim above them all, shedding calming starlight, quieting the storm.

Her storm, however, continues to rage.

I'll tell Edy I'll abdicate. It is this statement which pushes Amalia to her limit, making her rise to her feet. From her place in the shadows she steps forward, expression weary, her dark eyes staring blankly at Jigano. "That's stupid." The baker puts her hands on the table, leaning against it for support, her fingers playing anxiously with the lines of the wood. "Running away now won't solve anything. You've already accepted. You gave your reasons. Now do something with it." She has more to say, more feelings, more anger, but that will do them no good right now. She can speak to Jigano later. Right now, they need to plan.

Glancing at Kiada, whose intelligence and insight never fails to make her proud, Amalia softens slightly before turning her attention to Ronin. "This isn't what we intended to happen. But it's what we have, and getting angry and fighting among ourselves won't solve anything. And this doesn't solve anything, not if Zariah comes back. Kiada is right- we can't trust Edrei not to hand the reins back to her." Frankly, Amalia does not trust the volatile young woman as far as she can throw her.

"So the question is, what do we do from here? At least if there are two of us in charge we can overrule Edrei. You can remove her from power without violence. And we can prepare for the future, so we're ready when Zariah returns."

She doubts it is what he wants to hear, but such is their relationship. Hard truths and honesty, accountability shared through a bond with the Gods, with the world. Her black eyes offer no apology: she respects him too much for that. "You need to accept before she chooses someone worse. Or before she does something stupid, and others suffer for it."

a m a l i a
You said it's life that moves too much
We're losing touch
But I'm not losing you

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
D e i m o s
Send a heartbeat to the void that cries through you
Relive the pictures that have come to pass
What an intriguing narrative; lines and lines of manipulative prose and poise, spoken from the leagues of a bard. These were an orator’s weapons, deigned munitions with the twist and turn of wordplay. He listened and listened, once involved in a den of politics and diplomacy, and no more envious of it now – figures and frames coming into the fray, his eyes darting to Kiada and a nod of kinship, of brethren, of those Basin mountainsides came clambering down to haunt him, his stare riveting to Rory amidst the cold, cold, cold inflections. After the first account, Deimos wasn’t even entirely sure what to say at the story - Edrei afraid? He couldn’t imagine the firebrand as anything other than her volatile self – and he spun his way back into silence, the single phrase he uttered earlier still heated on his tongue. Others came into view, Remi, who appeared nervous and apprehensive of the entire endeavor, as if waiting for something to fall (and weren’t they all, in some distorted, contorted way, meaning to make waves but not along this particular current). It was Ronin’s speech he craved to hear, turning as the Guildmaster, the one they’d voted for made his clarity and opinions known. But even after the cutting edges and the brutal schemes, he seemed to accept it – perhaps tired of the traps, of the constant, unwinding trials and tribulations.

But the excuses, I didn’t have the time sputtering around irked the beast, made his jaw clench, unfolding his arms and leaning across his knees. No - they hadn’t put him in this position. He’d managed to meander that way himself, sputtering along on the trail of his consequences: from not signing the damned enlistment sheet, to hiding in plain sight, to Amalia trying to save him and the guild from the claws and clutches of Zariah. In the end, it’d drawn him out. But that was no one else’s folly, no one else’s mantle, no one else’s weight to bear.

And then to abdicate; lords, he fought the eyeroll, he fought the urge to clench his fists, he fought the insurgency clambering about in his mind. He forced them down into the walls of his chest, where they festered and withered for the moment, where they rolled and joined and clambered within seditious demise. “The purpose of a rebellion is to make your opportunities.” Jigano had just grasped hold of the first one he saw. Perhaps they ought to find another way, another moment, another method; he clearly hadn’t comprehended anything they’d attempted prior. “I will admit to asking you to go and discuss the arrest warrants. At no point did I implore you to become King.”

But it didn’t matter really – not anymore, not when everything had spiraled out of their control again, into the bard’s hands.

And he stood there, threatening to throw it all away, to hand it over, to pass it around like it was some sort of nothingness, as if didn’t reflect all their efforts, all their trials.

The emboldened pieces of starlight flickered down over him, and he gnarled away – irritated, annoyed. “Then what is your plan?”
For now we stand alone, the world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate with no more to hate
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin nearly said nothing.

In fact, saying nothing went through his head quite a few times.

Some may have even thought he said nothing. But they would be wrong. Ahem. Moving on.

The hunter's hands tried to ball into fists at his sides, an ethereal glow about him already hinting at the frustration he was feeling, and he reached out to lace his fingers with Remi's in a silent attempt to remain calm. Deimos and Amalia needed no assistance from him in getting their gripes off their chest, and whilst he did glance sternly in the baker's direction (going back and beggaring for a position he had vehemently refused seemed less than honorable), he did appreciate her point.

"You could have brought Edrei to us," he said. "If she was scared, you could have let her know there was a plan. We might have worked things out." He frowned and shook his head. "I can't trust the Launceleyns or anything they stand for after what has happened. What is to say Zariah isn't waiting in the wings even now? What is to say that Edrei isn't being used, and doesn't even know it?"

So many unanswered questions; so much action and so little consideration. "...I will find her. I will talk to her. And hopefully it isn't too late."
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
Rory's gaze did not soften as it met Jigano's: it was cold and merciless, flint to mask the hurt beneath. In his chest his blood bubbled, hot and angry and messy, scorching his veins. The explanation had the words rising like a pot close to overboiling, tearing up his throat like bile, but he bit them all back.

Much as he wanted to let it out in a burning tide, this wasn't the time and place for it. He wanted to yell furiously, but in the cramped basement all the points he wanted to raise seemed too personal; they were things that were, mostly, between him and Jigano.

And abdicating? In what way would that help anything? "You pissed in your own boots," he said, suddenly tired beyond measure, his anger turned to exhaustion by the starlight falling gently upon them, "and now you get to walk in it. And we get to try and make the best of it. And what the fuck is Edy planning on doing when Zariah returns, anyway?" Rory shook his head. "I'm with Ronin. None of this makes any sense."